The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

My pick was Balor or Nakamura. So no surprises. Great participation from Cien almas and Rey misterio. Well, I hope everyone is happy now with Nakamura at Wrestlemania.

Asuka to win the women rumble seems pretty obvious so I think it will be another person. None of the new ones, so maybe Sasha or Becky.

• Like 2

Can't wait for AJ/Shinske!!

The men's rumble was pretty sweet, Mysterio looks better than ever and I hope he sticks around a while.  The title match was stupid and it was obvious Kane was in it to take a pin to Lesnar... to the silence of the crowd mind you.  The women's rumble was okay, it really spoke to how thin the division is though.  Seemed like half the participants were nostalgic one-offs.  I'm probably in the minority here but I hate seeing Rousey in the WWE.  It makes professional wrestling look bad when someone who fell from grace so hard in MMA has to retreat to the "fake stuff", and that's how a lot of people are going to see it.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Can't wait for AJ/Shinske!!

The men's rumble was pretty sweet, Mysterio looks better than ever and I hope he sticks around a while.  The title match was stupid and it was obvious Kane was in it to take a pin to Lesnar... to the silence of the crowd mind you.  The women's rumble was okay, it really spoke to how thin the division is though.  Seemed like half the participants were nostalgic one-offs.  I'm probably in the minority here but I hate seeing Rousey in the WWE.  It makes professional wrestling look bad when someone who fell from grace so hard in MMA has to retreat to the "fake stuff", and that's how a lot of people are going to see it.

Oh I can't stand Rousey even when she was in MMA. She was never as good as her hype made her out to be and once real talent showed up she was destroyed twice in a row. Now she is a year or so off her second loss (which she took very badly) and has slithered to WWE for a huge payday because Steph likes to buy her friends. 

That beings said I think it is really sad that he 2 Rumble winners are going to be in the second place title matches because Brock/Reigns and Ronda/Charlotte will obviously be the bigger title matches which makes the Rumble look weak. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

That beings said I think it is really sad that he 2 Rumble winners are going to be in the second place title matches because Brock/Reigns and Ronda/Charlotte will obviously be the bigger title matches which makes the Rumble look weak. 

I couldn't agree more. The Rousey thing is just for publicly, she has no real place in the WWE. I hope they don't let her win (although she probably will) the women's title. She should EARN her spot like the rest of them. 

Nakamura/Styles will most likely be the match of the night. Can't wait to see that!

Overall I didn't hate this years RR. It could have been far worse. Rousey could have been IN the match itself lol.

I did like the return of Hurricane Helms and Mysterio. Both looked great. The returns for the women's match was pretty predicable however nice to see the familiar faces.

The rest of the PPV wasn't too far of my expectations.

• Like 1

Haven't got the opportunity all the highlights of the event, but looking at the results and at some few highlights:

• The Rumble winners were predictable. I liked the fact that Nakamura won and I'm really looking for a AJ Styles VS Nakamura match at Wrestlemania, it will certainly one hell of a match. As for Asuka, I think she didn't deserve to win for now. I mean, she just appeared recently on Raw and she already wins a Royal Rumble match? I would prefer Nia Jax to win or even other women that are on the Woman's Division for some time and deserve at least a title shot
  • Haven't watched the whole Rumble yet, but watched the part where Rey Mysterio came in, it was really awesome! Also, liked the fact that Hurricane did show up and some mixed up NXT guys came in.
  • The Bar as the new TT Raw Champions. Yes, better than Rollins & Jordan... I think those two don't fit well at all as a Tag Team. (Ambrose, come back!)
  • Rousey... Oh well... Getting someone like her just for Wrestlemania? No thanks, we have enough women already...
  • Lesnar won again... Expected, but seriously, are you going to keep up with that? -.- Give Braun the title already!!!
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed this Royal Rumble, it had its flaws...but overall showed WWE wanted to please the fans.

They actually went all out for this, so I have to applaud them.

It's been a long time since I've been excited with a main roster show, but this was something I'd watch all over again(and actually already did).

I never thought I'd say it, but the main roster delivered big time.

I saw both NJPW's New Beginning shows, and NXT's TakeOver Philadelphia...but this Royal Rumble just made me feel like a fan again.

• Like 1

5 hours was good enough :P. Congrats to Shinsuke. Now it's AJ Styles vs Shinsuke, the match everyone wants to see. Also goodbye to Alexa's nice reign as RAW Women's Champ since August. The Women's RR was easily predictable and I wasn't happy about it. Charlotte as well because we all know that Ronda will win. 

• Great returns from Rey Mysterio and Hurricane, and participations from Andrade and Adam Cole. An Aleister Black participation would've been cool too. I really wanted to see CM Punk too but it's not gonna happen. I thought Cena/Reigns would win but nope! I hoped for Balor to win though. The Royal Rumble winners were pretty much predictable. Reigns nearly had it and we've seen it in 2014 (last two with Batista), 2015 (last two with Rusev), and 2017 (last two with Randy Orton). 
  • The Bar is now 4x RAW Tag Team Champs, nice! 
  • The Usos won, yes! I thought they'd lose, but now it's all clear that they might lose at WrestleMania (it's gonna be the first time the SD Tag titles to be defended at WM)
  • The Revival avenged their loss at RAW 25, nice going!
  • AJ Styles shut down the Yep Movement, phenomenal victory!
  • Brock definitely monster and machine-handled the match. Now we'll see an Elimination Chamber Universal Championship match (or No.1 contender match which Reigns will win)
  • Now that Cena didn't win, people would want to see him face The Undertaker and he will have a proper feud with Elias

Looks like 2018's RR winners are all Japanese people. This some type of scam or what? :P Just kidding. The WrestleMania 34 banner/logo looks really nice up there. Second best in my opinion. The first one being WrestleMania 25 :eyebrow: Just waiting for RAW tonight and of course its next PPV, Elimination Chamber.  

• Like 3

Well, probably the only one to think this but I thought the whole PPV was weak as f*ck. I didn't have high expectations for the RR but it being just a "decent" PPV at best isn't enough for one of the Big 4 PPV. 

The first two matches are the worst thing about this PPV when they could have been the best thing about it. Two stupid finish in a row thanks but no thanks. The 2 out of 3 falls was such a disappointment I don't even understand what went through the bookers mind with this match. 

The handicap match for the WWE championship was decent but a screwy finish ruined it AGAIN, and they didn't even need Shane and Bryan to have a screwy finish, nice.

The rest of the PPV was ok but Sasha Banks was so annoying during the entire Women's RR, I'm sure she spent more time outside of the ring than inside. It was nice to see Lita and Trish though. 

Don't really know what to think about the final scene though, I don't have a negative opinion about "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey for now, at least she going to bring some depth to this woman division. However, I really don't like her being the main focus when it should have been about Asuka's choice but if (and I hope it will) it leads to a fatal 4 way to unify the Women title at Wrestlemania I'm all for it. You couldn't have a better woman's match than Rousey vs Charlotte vs Bliss vs Asuka. I would also really like to see the women division exclusive to RAW and the Tag Team division exclusive to Smackdown.

The last thing I will say is that I'm starting to think that there is a possibility that Braun Strowman may be included in the universal title match at Wrestlemania. Don't know if Cole was supposed to say "This isn't the last time you'll see Braun and Brock in the ring" but there's still some hope ... :) 

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

I marked out so hard when Shinsuke Nakamura won. I picked him to win, but the way he got booked as of late wasn't all that great. Roman dropped the IC title just before the Rumble to be ready for his personal Road to WrestleMania, so it wouldn't have been a big surprise if he'd won. Really happy that Shinsuka and AJ will have their big match at WrestleMania.

Asuka was bit more obvious, but it's still awesome that she won. She had so much fun during the Battle Royal (mocking Ember Moon, acting, smiling, enjoying the chants from her fans etc.) and deserves it as a Royal Rumble should always help build up the next big thing. Ronda having the spotlight in the end was wrong, but oh well. Maybe she'll fight Steph. That would make everyone happy. :P

There were a lot of feel-good moments, like seeing the Women close the show, the former Divas, Rey Mysterio or the Hurricane. But how pointless was Ziggler's return? The same look, the same theme song, and he was eliminated 30 seconds later. What a creative way for Dolph's Comeback.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

But how pointless was Ziggler's return? The same look, the same theme song, and he was eliminated 30 seconds later. What a creative way for Dolph's Comeback.

Ziggler's return was such a waste, the crowd didn't even react, that's the worst possible thing for a wrestler.

He should have retired after he relinquished the US title or even better, he should have retired one year ago when he decided to put his career on the line against The Miz. Instead of that we'll probably have the pleasure to see him have another feud with Bobby Roode... ?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Ziggler's return was such a waste, the crowd didn't even react, that's the worst possible thing for a wrestler.

He should have retired after he relinquished the US title or even better, he should have retired one year ago when he decided to put his career on the line against The Miz. Instead of that we'll probably have the pleasure to see him have another feud with Bobby Roode... 1f644.png

Totally agree, last year would have been the perfect time for him to call it quits. He's going to look like a fool now, if he wants the US title back. Why did he drop it in the first place then?! If Baron Corbin gets thrown into the feud again, we are back at square one and no one gained any momentum.

• Like 2

Just re watched the triple threat and Lesnar is such an asshole. It didn't caught my attention that much last night but the punches in the face of Braun Strowman were so brutal, I can't believe such an unprofessional guy is WWE's universal champion. We can see he clearly wanted to hurt Strowman because he received a knee that was a little bit too real.

• Like 4

Dammit i missed the code for that mobile game

Decent Raw tonight

I must say, I like what they are doing with Braun Strowman. Though i wonder what will happen if he runs out of things to flip.

Asuka and Sasha had an interesting match. I swear there was a botch in the match. Sahsa tried a Suicide dive and she fell head first on the concrete. Kinda worried for her as that might be a concussion.

Hardy and Wyatt's feud continue. I'm ok with that for now, as long as it leads to something.

Quick question: why are the selfie vlogs continuing? It can be forgivable with the royal rumble, as  you can't have an interview with everyone in a short amount of time. Everyone get a chance to show off their mic skills in a short amount of time. I ask this because of Finn Balor's promo. Wasn't bad, but just curious why they couldn't do an interview? (If he specifically ask it, fine)

In my opinion, I do think Vlogs do have a place in wrestling (if executed correctly). Wrestlers can show of their promo skills and perhaps even be creative with them. Mostly, I see them as a means to promote a new wrestler or to have a wrestler get hired for a wrestling company. To see Cena and Balor do them doesn't make sense. I feel like they are trying to fill some sort of promo quota.

Edited by GoodbyeBread
Forgot to point at the Wrestlemania Sign
  • Like 3

After seeing what he did at RAW, I think Braun should win the Elimination Chamber already. I mean, c'mon why can't that happen. I won't be surprised if Kane's WWE career ends like that. Oh, and Kurt Angle got monster handled with words too. 

Guys, don't laugh, but... Fuck you John Cena. I can't believe they let him bury Finn Balor. I wanted to see Finn in the Chamber match or at least the both of them. I can't wait for Elias to eliminate Cena. All those boos from the crowd were so savage and even Cena said to himself that it's what he had to do to headline WrestleMania. 

So there are 3 spots remaining. Any chance for Big Cass to return? Nope, maybe after WM34. Nice WM worthy match from Asuka and Sasha. I'm sure that was a botch in the match as well like @GoodbyeBread stated. I thought Roman and the IC title story ended back at RAW 25. Well, you lost again - ha ha ha. I think he'll fill up on of the remaining slots.

Dash Wilder definitely said something interesting. People are still living in the past. I was confused how Rhyno and Heath were at the right corner and The Revival were at the left corner. Do the corners mean anything at all? Someone enlighten me. 

Nice new RAW makeover. It looks like a legit PPV but it somehow copied No Mercy (just go back to the 24th of September and see it). Awesome theme song too.  

• Like 3

I know you said it would be cool for Braun to win the chamber match but I think we all know that's not going to happen. It's going to be Roman winning it. As for the other 2 entries I could see Bray Wyatt involved and maybe even Seth Rollins. Like I said in the end though it will be Roman getting the win and going on to face Brock.

• Like 2

I guess the Yep Movement is over. I would really like to see Sami Zayn face AJ Styles at Fastlane, but he won't win because Kevin would cost him so they'll have a match at WrestleMania. 

John Cena gets booed again after Nakamura said proudly that he got his knee to his face. 

Carmella's attempt was really unexpected IMO. This could be a sign that she will cash in very soon. I still wonder who will face Charlotte at Fastlane - Ruby Riot? Please make it happen. 

Rusev vs Bobby Roode next week, interesting. I wanted to see Zack Ryder win, but what can we do. 

The Usos killed it. But could they overcome The Bludgeon Brothers?

Drake Maverick (Rockstar Spud from Impact Wrestling) as 205 LIVE GM? Okay. Glad to see Tyler Bate on board. Also the CW Championship tournament should be cool.

• Like 3

Y'know, I first thought that Nia Jax would replace Asuka at WM34 if she beats her at Elimination Chamber. Nia killed it on the mic when she said Asuka would be known as the Empress of Yesterday.

Braun was beaten the crap out of by John and Elias. The fact that Elias will be the last entrant increases the chances of winning. 

Roman landed to the big game. I guess he'll finally punch his ticket to WM34 now. I'm also concerned about who'll be pinning and eliminating Braun. Or someone might cost him. 

Alexa gets savage on the mic again. I was confused when she saved Mickie from Absolution. I think they planned it so Paige wouldn't fight.

Seth and Kurt go hard on Jason. I guess Seth will have nothing planned for, for a while. 

I'm so happy that there'll be a second-chance Fatal 4-Way match next week. Hopefully Finn will win and join Cena, Braun, Elias, Roman and Miz. It was great to see how Miz beat Apollo by himself, but frankly, WWE is wasting talent, like Apollo Crews.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ee28max said:

Y'know, I first thought that Nia Jax would replace Asuka at WM34 if she beats her at Elimination Chamber. Nia killed it on the mic when she said Asuka would be known as the Empress of Yesterday.

Whatculture thought that was the cringiest line ever ?

Braun was beaten the crap out of by John and Elias. The fact that Elias will be the last entrant increases the chances of winning. 

I'm so happy Elias is getting a push. Six months ago I thought this guy was another poser WWE had found. He has grown on me so much that every week I find myself rooting for the guy. A very good wrestler and very good on the mic too. 

Roman landed to the big game. I guess he'll finally punch his ticket to WM34 now. I'm also concerned about who'll be pinning and eliminating Braun. Or someone might cost him. 

Roman literally just lost the IC a few weeks ago, wins a qualifying match to potentially go on to win the Universal Championship and last night was in a match for the Tag Team Title. There is a reason the crowd boos him. And don't worry about who will be eliminating Braun. He has proven himself great in a singles match but against multiple opponents he will struggle. Still has a ways to go it seems.

I'm so happy that there'll be a second-chance Fatal 4-Way match next week. Hopefully Finn will win and join Cena, Braun, Elias, Roman and Miz

I second that. Fingers crossed Finn gets the win :)

• Like 1

Finn will definitely win next week. Crews would be a huge surprise. Wyatt and Hardy should have a final Singles Match at Elimination Chamber. The best choice is Balor and I already see him jumping off one of the chambers. There are also rumors about a Braun vs Miz Match for WrestleMania, which means The Miz may be the one that pins Strowman somehow.

As a side note, I feel sorry for Jason Jordan, who underwent neck surgery and will be out of action for at least a few months. That really sucks.

How stupid is this Smackdown Top 10? At first I thought it's a good idea to help build up new No.1 contenders. But that won't be possible if every Champion and a current contender like Shinsuke is on the list as well. Instead of showing the wrestlers argue about their decisions, Daniel Bryan read the results off a teleprompter. Roode defended his US title as expected, before suddenly a Zig Zag outta nowhere...I mean RKO outta nowhere hit him.

The Triple Threat Match between AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, and Sami Zayn, will be fantastic, although it's probably just another build up for a Owens/Zayn feud and another opportunity wasted by WWE.

• Like 3

A Triple Threat Match between AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, and Sami Zayn sounds much better because I didn't want to see one of them left out. Thanks AJ, you get a forearm cookie :lol:. A feud for KO/Zayn would be a waste of time IMO. 

The Usos killed it on the mic again. And it's the second time in a row where they came across The Bludgeon Brothers. A WrestleMania match between them coming up? That would be fantastic. 

I'd like to see Charlotte face one of The Riott Squad members at Fastlane. A Liv Morgan rematch or Ruby Riot (Sarah Logan would be super), then there'll be an ambush for sure and there's no way Carmella would cash-in successfully. I don't know, we'll see. 

1 hour ago, Jesaya815 said:

Finn will definitely win next week. Crews would be a huge surprise. Wyatt and Hardy should have a final Singles Match at Elimination Chamber. The best choice is Balor and I already see him jumping off one of the chambers. There are also rumors about a Braun vs Miz Match for WrestleMania, which means The Miz may be the one that pins Strowman somehow.

As a side note, I feel sorry for Jason Jordan, who underwent neck surgery and will be out of action for at least a few months. That really sucks.

How stupid is this Smackdown Top 10? At first I thought it's a good idea to help build up new No.1 contenders. But that won't be possible if every Champion and a current contender like Shinsuke is on the list as well. Instead of showing the wrestlers argue about their decisions, Daniel Bryan read the results off a teleprompter. Roode defended his US title as expected, before suddenly a Zig Zag outta nowhere...I mean RKO outta nowhere hit him.

The Triple Threat Match between AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, and Sami Zayn, will be fantastic, although it's probably just another build up for a Owens/Zayn feud and another opportunity wasted by WWE.

Finn is going to the Chamber. The only problem I have with WWE is that they waste good talent like Crews. The whole DELETE feud is boring and I'd like to see it end at Elimination Chamber. I can feel a Coupe De Grace coming from one the chamber ceilings. It's strange how rumors are distributed, making the internet get hangover. From what I've heard, Finn will be facing Miz at WrestleMania, which means The Miz and The Miztourage will feud with Balor Club at some point after Elimination Chamber. 

Too many disappearances. I wonder if Kane will cost Braun the opportunity at Elimination Chamber or maybe his injury has to do with mayor stuff. 

I thought I was the only one, but man, the Top 10 SmackDown thing is soooooo stupid. How could Randy be placed all the way to number 8 (if not 9, I kinda forgot). And how is The New Day in front of The Usos? Will they do it weekly? And gosh, Tye Dilinger at number 10. At least that motivated him but they keep jobbing him. Also an amazing RKO to the US Champion during his GLORIOUS flaws. Another one to Aiden and the best one to Rusev (the same RKO he used to beat him at SummerSlam in under 10 seconds or whatever).

Brock Lesnar got himself a vacation... again. Last time I remember he didn't defend his title since he won it at WrestleMania 33 and only defended it at Great Balls of Fire against Samoa Joe. That was like 3 months. Again after No Mercy, he got himself a 29-day vacation and returned to the RAW show after TLC to prepare for Survivor Series. It must be cool being the head title and Alexa complains. That was the (I don't know which word I can use) thing I saw this week.   

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ee28max said:

A Triple Threat Match between AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, and Sami Zayn sounds much better because I didn't want to see one of them left out. Thanks AJ, you get a forearm cookie :lol:. A feud for KO/Zayn would be a waste of time IMO. 

The Usos killed it on the mic again. And it's the second time in a row where they came across The Bludgeon Brothers. A WrestleMania match between them coming up? That would be fantastic. 

I'd like to see Charlotte face one of The Riott Squad members at Fastlane. A Liv Morgan rematch or Ruby Riot (Sarah Logan would be super), then there'll be an ambush for sure and there's no way Carmella would cash-in successfully. I don't know, we'll see. 

Finn is going to the Chamber. The only problem I have with WWE is that they waste good talent like Crews. The whole DELETE feud is boring and I'd like to see it end at Elimination Chamber. I can feel a Coupe De Grace coming from one the chamber ceilings. It's strange how rumors are distributed, making the internet get hangover. From what I've heard, Finn will be facing Miz at WrestleMania, which means The Miz and The Miztourage will feud with Balor Club at some point after Elimination Chamber. 

Too many disappearances. I wonder if Kane will cost Braun the opportunity at Elimination Chamber or maybe his injury has to do with mayor stuff. 

I thought I was the only one, but man, the Top 10 SmackDown thing is soooooo stupid. How could Randy be placed all the way to number 8 (if not 9, I kinda forgot). And how is The New Day in front of The Usos? Will they do it weekly? And gosh, Tye Dilinger at number 10. At least that motivated him but they keep jobbing him. Also an amazing RKO to the US Champion during his GLORIOUS flaws. Another one to Aiden and the best one to Rusev (the same RKO he used to beat him at SummerSlam in under 10 seconds or whatever).

Brock Lesnar got himself a vacation... again. Last time I remember he didn't defend his title since he won it at WrestleMania 33 and only defended it at Great Balls of Fire against Samoa Joe. That was like 3 months. Again after No Mercy, he got himself a 29-day vacation and returned to the RAW show after TLC to prepare for Survivor Series. It must be cool being the head title and Alexa complains. That was the (I don't know which word I can use) thing I saw this week.   

Hm, Meltzer was talking about The Miz getting a "Monster Push" and mentioned Braun Strowman. I'd much rather see Finn Balor vs The Miz for the Intercontinental Championship though, than Braun Strowman destroying Mizanin in three minutes. I guess we will find out pretty soon which rumor is true :D

Yeah, Kane won't be back anytime soon because of his political career. It's too bad, but he did what other legends often refuse to do - putting talent over and slowly passing the torch.

With the Triple Threat Match, Charlotte vs a Riott Squad member, Orton vs Roode, and maybe The Bludgeon Brothers vs The Usos, Fastlane already looks very promising.

Alexa made some valid points about Brock and her status. She's there every week and it's not up to her, if and when she has to defend her title. Kurt Angle has to make the matches, which he did with the Elimination Chamber Match. I can't wait to see it and either Bliss being successful or Sasha winning the belt, to continue her rivalry with Asuka that way.

8 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Starting to think that Rollins is cursed.  Work with the guy and you WILL miss time.

That should be his new gimmick. Seth can even keep the Curb Stomp, just rename it and call it Curse Stomp xD .

• Like 3