The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I never fully understood how rematch clauses work. I assumed it was like a video game, where you say "OK, how come he can do that now and not before?" And the answer is, "Because it's a game, don't think about it too much."

For example, Brock beat Cena, Cena uses his rematch clause. If he beats Brock, can Brock immediately use his? If he can, and he beats Cena again, can Cena use another rematch clause immediately after? If so, it could technically be an endless loop of rematches. So I just say, "It's pro wrestling, don't think about it too much."

• Like 1

WHY IS JOHN CENA AUTOMATICALLY GETTING ANOTHER TITLE SHOT AT NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS AFTER LESNAR ALREADY DEFEATED HIM AT SUMMERSLAM? WHY? Everybody is sick to death of John Cena, and yet, WWE keeps him as the top draw. STOP. GO AWAY CENA. YOU'VE HAD YOUR TIME IN THE SPOTLIGHT LONG ENOUGH. We all know about your five moves of doom. we all know you love fruity pebbles. we all know your character will never change and develop. GO AWAY.

You also need to remember that, whether we like it or not, Cena is a draw, and Cena is "the guy".  The product always suffers (ratings wise) when he's out and a Cena return is always a big deal.  No matter how stale his character is he's over with the majority of the fanbase, aka: the casuals.  Cena's a dependable worker and he can go out and do things, like getting thrashed by Lesnar, and not have his character suffer irreversible damage.  Not to mention the rock and hard place that the WWE is in between with the title booking.  Granted, it's their own fault for not booking young talent stronger over the past several years but who, in your opinion, should get the next PPV title shot?  No one is going to be able to be booked over Lesnar after SS and booking someone like Ambrose (who's gone to film a movie anyways) or Reigns under Lesnar is an absolute momentum killer for them.  Cena, on the other hand, can cut his promo's about Lesnar killing him last month but now it's time to dig deep and overcome at NoC.  They can book the match to be a bit more competitive, with Cena giving it everything he's got to create a false hope and have him lose in a Steve Austin/Bret Hart kind of way.  That would close the Cena/Lesnar book for the time and allow a new feud for Brock after being gone for a week or two.  Makes perfect sense to me.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 2

In my opinion, I don't know who'd be better at NoC to face Lesnar, I just don't want Cena to be champ again which HE WILL BE AT NoC.. I want to see younger and upcoming talent being brought up. Instead, I just watched Cena pulverize the entire Wyatt Family on RAW like they were a couple of jobbers. And probably rightfully so, after all that lame crap with Jericho and Rowan & Harper losing to The Usos two months in a row. The Wyatts just look weak now, thanks WWE Creative. Once again, WWE has taken younger talent and buried their careers, and the name on the handle of the shovel is always CENA. Nice one. You took the one thing that has kept me tuned in through all your f*cking reminders about the WWE Network being $9.99 and all that bullsh*t nonsense with the Los Matadores and El Torito, Fandago and Summer rae & Layla bullsh*t, and have destroyed it. No wonder CM Punk left. I'm not defending Punk, mainly because I'm just as annoyed as some other people with the CM Punk chants. Like, the guy got frustrated with the company, told them and all the fans to bite his ass and let his contract expire last month. He isn't coming back, get over it.

I love watching wrestling, I really do. But WWE is bullsh*t. Just bullsh*t trash. And I'm not jumping ship to TNA because that's an even bigger heap of bullsh*t trash. The problem is they have no competition anymore so they're like "Eh, book Khali to lay down a few chest slaps and call it Monday Night Raw." I'm done. End of rant. 

Edit: RAW was absolutely terrible tonight. Just terrible. I'm getting the feeling of another long hiatus from WWE coming back.

Edited by jackmadrox

^ Agreed, this was the worst Raw I can recall this year.

If Night of Champions goes how I think it will go then I'll quit watching until WrestleMania, because that's when the 6 month subscriptions end and they have to do something to get the internet fans to sign up for the Network.

WHY IS JOHN CENA AUTOMATICALLY GETTING ANOTHER TITLE SHOT AT NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS AFTER LESNAR ALREADY DEFEATED HIM AT SUMMERSLAM? WHY? Everybody is sick to death of John Cena, and yet, WWE keeps him as the top draw. STOP. GO AWAY CENA. YOU'VE HAD YOUR TIME IN THE SPOTLIGHT LONG ENOUGH. We all know about your five moves of doom. we all know you love fruity pebbles. we all know your character will never change and develop. GO AWAY.

I think WWE should make it so you have to actually earn your title shot after losing. You dont automatically get a rematch in real life, lets say UFC for examble. This would be so much more interesting instead of having the same match for mounths. But oh wait... WWE doesnt have anyone else to put against Lesnar anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://youtu.be/dercsgQTvT8

Alot of people debate whether or not this was a true "burial" of The Wyatt Family. As much as it pained me to do it, I rewatched this match. And yes, in my opinion, this is very much a burial. There were many things in this match that made the Wyatts look weak, but the worst of it is at the end of the match, where Mark Henry & Big Show have to literally drag a retreating Bray Wyatt back to the ring, so Cena could AA him. Like, seriously? The Eater of Worlds Bray Wyatt scared of Cena? Bullsh*t. 

I haven't watched any WWE programming since 08/25/14. I'm still very much on hiatus from WWE. And from what I'm hearing around the net, it's a good thing too. Apparently, RAW got worse after this according to other sources.

Lately it has been NXT that has provided me any kind of satisfaction when it comes down to professional wrestling. NXT is basically what I nowadays want from wrestling, talented guys and girls doing what they do best without some ridicilously stupid storylines (for example Bella-feud). NXT's live specials has been the most entertaining shows this year by far and the weekly shows provide good stuff every week.

"This is a fighting show. Not a whining show." -William Regal

• Like 2

LoL @ 14:26 - 14:43

Keep your Eye on the Guy Who's Got The Whole Cena Merchandise on/w Matching Red-Wrist bands, Trying to get A High-Five; Extending his Hand For Cena The entire time.

How Could The CENAtion Leader Leave A Fellow CENAtion Soldier Hanging like that?..lol Even The Guy next to him got A High-Five, over him...xD

• Like 1

Still haven't watched any WWE programming since 08/25/14. Yeah, I'm still on hiatus. I refuse to give it ratings. But I keep up on it on the net though. Apparently The Wyatts haven't been seen in awhile. No matches or promos at NoC, RAW or Smackdown. So all those asshole Cena marks who say "Cena didn't bury The Wyatts he ELEVATED them" need to shut the hell up. Yeah he elevated them alright, elevated them right into the  unemployment line for discarded WWE wrestlers. If the burial on RAW 08/25/14 wasn't a burial and instead such a benefit for The Wyatts, then why were they continually getting their asses handed to them every match after that? And now it seems like they just never existed period. 

I hope at some point when Cena sticks his five fingers in the air, everyone in the crowd will stick their middle finger back at him. The real problem with WWE is The Cena Monster as I've been calling it.

http://www.rantsports.com/pro-wrestling/2014/09/27/wwe-wyatt-family-needs-to-be-in-prominent-storylines/

Edited by jackmadrox

Still haven't watched any WWE programming since 08/25/14. Yeah, I'm still on hiatus. I refuse to give it ratings. But I keep up on it on the net though. Apparently The Wyatts haven't been seen in awhile. No matches or promos at NoC, RAW or Smackdown. So all those asshole Cena marks who say "Cena didn't bury The Wyatts he ELEVATED them" need to shut the hell up. Yeah he elevated them alright, elevated them right into the  unemployment line for discarded WWE wrestlers. If the burial on RAW 08/25/14 wasn't a burial and instead such a benefit for The Wyatts, then why were they continually getting their asses handed to them every match after that? And now it seems like they just never existed period. 

I hope at some point when Cena sticks his five fingers in the air, everyone in the crowd will stick their middle finger back at him. The real problem with WWE is The Cena Monster as I've been calling it.

http://www.rantsports.com/pro-wrestling/2014/09/27/wwe-wyatt-family-needs-to-be-in-prominent-storylines/

Disclaimer:  I'm not a Cena fan.

Now, having said that, I couldn't disagree more.  Cena absolutely is a necessary evil.  Is his booking annoying?  Yes.  Is his character stale and in dire need of a change?  Yes.  Does the company need a fresher pair of shoulders to ride on?  Yes.  Are these things all his fault?  NO!!

Why people choose to blame Cena for all the WWE's problems is beyond me.  We still live in a day and age where Vince is the man with the final say on everything.  Granted, guys like Cena have a huge influence on Vince's choices but it still boils down to what the man in the big chair wants.  Not to mention there's guys on the roster (looking at you Orton) who are a thousand times worse that Cena could ever be.  When was the last time a guy like Orton came out and delivered anything as entertaining as the back and forth between Cena and Heyman after the Lesnar squash?  (by the way, Cena wasn't the one who booked the horrible ending at NoC, Vince was).  Did you know that Orton's currently requesting time off, even though the company's in dire straights with the amount of guys out right now, because he's mad at how he's being booked and wants to pout?  Did you know that the night after Cena was willing to take 16 german suplexes Orton went back stage after his RAW match and complained that a punch he took was too stiff?

Cena works, plain and simple.  He's the definition of a company man and he is rewarded for his efforts.  The non-elevating of the midcard doesn't fall on him and him alone.  There's a whole creative team and two guys at the top (HHH and Vince) who are butting heads about almost everything right now.  A huge part of the problem is the chaotic decision making and friction behind the scenes between the "2" guys in charge.  HHH wants to develop young talent, Vince wants Brock vs. Rock at WM so they can have nothing moving forward after the big cash-in.  Vince always goes with tried and true and there's none more tried-er or true-er than Cena.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 3

Well, the last month or so have been awful for Raw. They are just in a weird position right now, with so many guys out. No Bryan, no Barrett, no Reigns. It doesn't help that they choose now to push a Bella feud that nobody wants to see, as one of their main feuds. There are only 3 things worth watching on Raw right now, Ambrose/Rollins, Paige/AJ, and anything involving Brock or Heyman.

The Dust Brothers are great, but they are on top of a dead tag division. Just when I thought WWE was trying to turn that division around, we're back to having 2 teams. The Layla/Summer thing was OK, kind of like a new LayCool, but they just dropped it. Kane is still around, for some reason. I like him, but this constant corporate/demon flip flopping is just dumb. He adds nothing to the show now. I like the Rusev stuff, I just fear it ends with Cena beating him (come on Kurt, leave that sinking ship called TNA already). Overall, they just seem to have no idea what they want to do next.

That being said, I will be watching the next 2 Raws. Tonight they are in Chicago, next week it's New York. They may be shit shows, but it'll be worth it for the crowds alone.

• Like 1

Well, the last month or so have been awful for Raw. They are just in a weird position right now, with so many guys out. No Bryan, no Barrett, no Reigns. It doesn't help that they choose now to push a Bella feud that nobody wants to see, as one of their main feuds. There are only 3 things worth watching on Raw right now, Ambrose/Rollins, Paige/AJ, and anything involving Brock or Heyman.

The Dust Brothers are great, but they are on top of a dead tag division. Just when I thought WWE was trying to turn that division around, we're back to having 2 teams. The Layla/Summer thing was OK, kind of like a new LayCool, but they just dropped it. Kane is still around, for some reason. I like him, but this constant corporate/demon flip flopping is just dumb. He adds nothing to the show now. I like the Rusev stuff, I just fear it ends with Cena beating him (come on Kurt, leave that sinking ship called TNA already). Overall, they just seem to have no idea what they want to do next.

That being said, I will be watching the next 2 Raws. Tonight they are in Chicago, next week it's New York. They may be shit shows, but it'll be worth it for the crowds alone.

That's what I thinking and really hope Kurt quits TNA and go to WWE with his ECW theme song he used one more time since this storyline for Resuv is stupid that I always laugh at his entrance, and laugh some more when he wins. So stupid.

Pretty sure The Ascension is all but called up now.  Only a matter of time before they show up on RAW or Smackdown.  Only problem is they're a heel team, so feuding with the Dust Bros wouldn't make sense, nor would turning the Dusts face so soon after their heel turn.  The tag division is in dire need of another legitimate face tag team.

As for Rusev, (can't believe I'm gonna say this) I'd actually love to see Hogan come out and give his "support" to Henry and extend the Henry/Rusev feud a little bit longer.  What better "Team America" (FUCK YEAH!!) than Henry and Hogan.  Not to mention the entire program being elevated a shit-ton with Hogan being attached to it.  They will probably end up going the safe route and let Cena be the man though.

CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK!

3zv1l6.jpg

I used to be a HUGE CM Punk fan but it really is time people moved on from him.... Bottom line is he quit he's gone and he's happy. So it's time we all just moved on, (Anyways Rollins is a much better in ring wrestler than Punk was last year) :D

• Like 2

How do you know if HHH and Vince are butting heads? What makes you think that they're not on the same page making joint decisions?

Just read the headlines of this list of articles:

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/?s=vince+HHH+

Vince and HHH actually recently got into an argument that got so heated everyone backstage could hear them yelling at each other through closed doors (they were in a room).  Things are more chaotic and disjointed than ever right now and a huge part of it is Vince and HHH not being able to agree on anything.

I just like the fact that when they are in Chicago or anywhere that AJ Lee comes out, massive Punk chants start. It just goes to show that they really do miss him, because they have never done this with anyone before.

yes but how disrespectful is that to AJ. Here is a woman who is busting her ass in the ring but the stupid crowds would rather ignore her and cheer for her husband. You know the guy that walked out on the company without even the concern of saying bye to the fans.

• Like 1