The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Me and the rest of Des Moines went APE SHIT when Sting appeared! My voice is still hoarse from cheering!

Heard he stayed in the ring after going off the air and addressed the crowd for a while as well.  Add on having one of the top guys be in his hometown and it made it a good show to watch, can't imagine how much fun it would have been to be in attendance.

• Like 1

You know what? I've been watching NXT pretty regularly these past months, and there's only one question I have: when does Kevin Owens start to become impressive?

I get it -- he's a big guy with some innovation in his moves. But I was promised a technical genius; I don't feel like I've seen that at all; just a standard powerhouse. An overhyped powerhouse, who got the extreme push simply because he didn't get called up sooner.

But he sells merch -- so whatever. =/

You know what? I've been watching NXT pretty regularly these past months, and there's only one question I have: when does Kevin Owens start to become impressive?

I get it -- he's a big guy with some innovation in his moves. But I was promised a technical genius; I don't feel like I've seen that at all; just a standard powerhouse. An overhyped powerhouse, who got the extreme push simply because he didn't get called up sooner.

But he sells merch -- so whatever. =/

The problem is they pushed him way too fast, almost instantly to the top...simply for being El Generico's real life friend(since a lot of more informed fans knew this, making for a great feud regardless of what's on the line) & Kevin Steen(The guy many loved from the independent circuit) .

They really should have let this build up for months, not on the first show he appears on(by this I mean give him another low-Mid carder to work with).

I love Kevin, but NXT kinda messed up there; cus now people are getting bored of him.

You got Sami who spent probably his entire NXT career to get the Prestigious NXT title, then you have Kevin win it in like a month or 2(from that same guy).

Edited by DarknessKey92

We are only 9 days away from Wrestlemania, and I'm not even excited. It feels like WM27 did.

But here are my predictions:

-Paige/AJ vs. Bellas. Not sure why this isn't a Divas Title match, but whatever. Paige & AJ win.

-IC Title Ladder Match. No idea who will win, I can see anybody in this match being champion. But if they're going to elevate the IC & US titles like rumors claim, then Bryan wins.

-Andre Battle Royal. Surprise Sheamus return & win. If not, then Mizdow.

-Cena vs. Rusev U.S. Title Match. Cena wins, R.I.P Rusev's career. Maybe he'll do absolutely nothing for a whole year, then get a random feud near WM, like Cena's WM30 opponent.

-Bray vs. Undertaker. Speaking of people Cena ruined. I don't know who wins, because neither really benefit from it. Undertaker already lost, a win does nothing for him this year. Bray beating him doesn't do much either, since Lesnar already destroyed him last year. Pointless match, Taker should've retired after WM30.

-Orton vs. Rollins. Orton wins, gets his revenge.

-Reigns vs. Lesnar WWE Title Match. Reigns wins. Rollins tries to cash in, Reigns destroys him. Afterwards, Vince comes out to personally congratulate him. Lesnar shakes his hand. They all celebrate, as Austin, Rock, Hogan, & Undertaker carry Reigns around the ring. He will go on to hold the title for 20 straight years.

However, if Brock re signs (please Brock). Then he retains.

.-Reigns vs. Lesnar WWE Title Match. Reigns wins. Rollins tries to cash in, Reigns destroys him. Afterwards, Vince comes out to personally congratulate him. Lesnar shakes his hand. They all celebrate, as Austin, Rock, Hogan, & Undertaker carry Reigns around the ring. He will go on to hold the title for 20 straight years.

However, if Brock re signs (please Brock). Then he retains.

You win the internet.

On another note, the Kevin Owens thing I'm seeing posted is baffling to me.  He's a guy who doesn't need any "seasoning" and absolutly belongs at the top of the card.  His promos are great, his presence is menacing, he's booked as a master at being able to get under guys' skin before a match then using it against them during one.  The match between him and Balor next week (which I'm betting KO goes over dirty to build for a Takeover match) is the match I'm looking forward to the most, and that's with the WM card included.

• Like 1

That Raw ending...

5lwdFAX.gif

Seriously... that's how they ended the Raw before mania? 

The fact that we got a tug-of-war sequence and not a brawl really goes to show that this company does not want to take any risks and give us something new and exciting to see. I have gotten very bored of the product due to the lack of exciting fresh segments. A Lesnar/Reigns brawl would've been cool. But a tug-of-war for the WWE Title is not cool.

• Like 2

I agree, that was a stupid way to end it. But I see why they did it. Every wrestling fan knows, the person who gets the upper hand on the go home show almost always loses at the PPV. I just think they didn't want either one to get the upper hand, so that the match won't be too predictable.

Still, a stupid way to do that though.

Love how the tag titles become part of the Wrestlemania pre-show (despite it being a four hour show), yet a non-title Diva's tag match makes the main show.

Yep. Priorities.

That said, I lost count of how many times I asked "Seriously?!" aloud last night when Monday Night RAW faded out. 

In my opinion, the Tag Team division right now is utter garbage. I'm still surprised Cesaro and Kidd are the Tag Champs. Like really? They've been a tage team for a whole whopping 3 months maybe? Booooooo.

Honestly, I'm just happy they are doing something. Both guys are great wrestlers. They should be in the IC or U.S. title picture, but oh well.