The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

It was only thing that saved this. I love Bryan, but Roman winning this was the right thing to do.

How? All they're doing is prioritizing looks over wrestling ability. Reigns can't wrestle, has no character, no mic skills and is main eventing Wrestlemania within 1 year of debuting as a solo competitor.

Did you see the match? Bryan had to carry him the whole way through it. Lesnar vs Reigns will be a disaster, when will WWE learn that powerhouse vs powerhouse doesn't work very well.

Exactly!!  Reigns and Lesnar are both guys who need someone to carry them, they're not ring leaders.  The WM main event is going to have to find a way to tell a good story because the odds of the ring work being up to par are next to nothing.

And I swear, if they do Bryan/Shaemus instead of Bryan/Ziggler I will cancel my subscription.  NXT would be the only thing worth holding on to and it's on Hulu.

Lesnar is a solid wrestler, and has shown he can put on entertaining matches. But I don't think Reigns can be a good match for him, unless they make it no DQ, and go all out brawl.

As for Bryan/Sheamus. I said it the night Reigns won the Rumble, Vince does not like having to change his plans. Last year, it was supposed to be Bryan/Sheamus, Punk/HHH, and Orton/Batista. With the fans outrage, and Punk walking out, they were finally forced to change it.

This year, Vince is giving everyone the finger, and doing what he wanted to do last year. Bryan/Sheamus, and now Lesnar/Reigns.

How? All they're doing is prioritizing looks over wrestling ability. Reigns can't wrestle, has no character, no mic skills and is main eventing Wrestlemania within 1 year of debuting as a solo competitor.

Did you see the match? Bryan had to carry him the whole way through it. Lesnar vs Reigns will be a disaster, when will WWE learn that powerhouse vs powerhouse doesn't work very well.

Who ever wins the Royal Rumble match should be in title match at Wrestlemania. Simple as that. Was Reigns right man to win Rumble? I don't know but he did.

Edited by Juzota
  • Like 1

Fast Lane felt like a Raw, but I did like how Cena was Booked against Rusev(It made him look strong, and nearly hilariously broke the accolade; with Rusev needing Lana to do all he did on Cena..."who never submitted King"). 

Ah! yes Wrestlemania 31 the place where Cena will get his Redemption(I can't wait, so far it's still the #1 reason I look forward to WM 31)..lol

Bray Wyatt's Taker troll was brilliant!, so many people(Including me) were expecting Taker himself to set the match...Although I already knew bray was hinting @ a Taker Vs. Wyatt WM 31, since that 1 promo on raw(The "Can't wait to see you again" line, during WM Season).

I'm sure it'll still steal the show, the winner though is a bit questionable.

As for The Bryan Vs. Reigns match, it was obvious Reigns was gonna win(I was more shocked that people expected Vince to pull the same things as last year). As Much as I dislike Reigns getting the damn Strong Push to the moon, it was nice to see Bryan show some Heel in the match. In honesty the match was a pretty solid match, with Bryan being on offence the most leading to Reigns just powering out of most of it; possibly meant to "You got to make Reigns look very Stong"...lol

Pretty much Bryan worked his magic to make this match come out great, sadly the wrong guy got rewarded; but oh well..."that's life".

I just hope to god the WM 31 main event match doesn't come out as bad as Lesnar Vs. Goldberg @ WM20.

Also shout out to that 1 fan who carried the crowd the majority of the show, he was the guy who keeped me though most of it.

Edited by DarknessKey92

Lesnar is a solid wrestler, and has shown he can put on entertaining matches. But I don't think Reigns can be a good match for him, unless they make it no DQ, and go all out brawl.

As for Bryan/Sheamus. I said it the night Reigns won the Rumble, Vince does not like having to change his plans. Last year, it was supposed to be Bryan/Sheamus, Punk/HHH, and Orton/Batista. With the fans outrage, and Punk walking out, they were finally forced to change it.

This year, Vince is giving everyone the finger, and doing what he wanted to do last year. Bryan/Sheamus, and now Lesnar/Reigns.

Lesnar is solid but he can't carry a match.  The last time he had to was against the Undertaker (due to Taker getting concussed early) and we all remember how that turned out.  Both guys are obviously capable of competing in an entertaining, high profile match as long as there's someone in there with them to run it.  Hopefully I'm wrong and one of them will surprise us but I don't have much faith in it at the moment.

And Bryan, the best thing that can happen to him right now is a heel turn.  I'll even take him being a part of the authority if I have to... and it means no more Big Show and Kane being put over.  All respect in the world to Kane and Show for their contributions to the industry but now isn't the time to have them being put over guys like Ziggler.  Bryan and Ziggler both badly need out of their current programs of going under less deserving guys so they may as well work with each other.  If Vince ignores the pleas of the fans and Bryan's request to work Ziggler, especially after being responsible for Reigns' "redemption", then the man is more disconnected from us than I thought.  

Edited by skidmarkgn

Okay, so now that It's official, let's talk about how ridiculous it would be to have Reigns go over on Lesnar at WM 31. Seriously, Brock Lesnar is downright beastly now. I don't think there's anyone who can beat him in all reality at this time. Lesnar needs to keep this damn thing for another whole year. The WWE Champion needs to be one that is rarely seen, and feared just by speaking his name. Thanks to beating Taker's streak, Brock Lesnar is now that guy.

Also made somewhat official: Bray Wyatt vs Undertaker at WM31. If done right, this will be the defining moment in Wyatt's young career. He is arguably this generation's Undertaker. And that promo last night with Wyatt coming out of the casket was phenomenal.

Edited by jackmadrox

Also made somewhat official: Bray Wyatt vs Undertaker at WM31. If done right, this will be the defining moment in Wyatt's young career. He is arguably this generation's Undertaker. And that promo last night with Wyatt coming out of the casket was phenomenal.

I'm unsure of how that match should go, it would only seem right for Undertaker to put Bray over because he's starting off his career while Undertaker is finishing. BUT, if Bray was to beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania, i feel like a second loss would just be taking the piss and almost making a mockery out of the Undertaker's streak.

I'm unsure of how that match should go, it would only seem right for Undertaker to put Bray over because he's starting off his career while Undertaker is finishing. BUT, if Bray was to beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania, i feel like a second loss would just be taking the piss and almost making a mockery out of the Undertaker's streak.

There is no more streak.  Once Taker lost, the streak died and the need for him to win died with it.  The best thing he can do now is go out and put a fresh talent over, "pass the torch" if you will and Bray is the best guy to receive it.  

• Like 1

An IC title picture that involves Bryan, Ambrose, Barrett, Harper, Ziggler and Truth!!  I can absolutely get behind 5/6's of that.  Been waiting for years for them to elevate that title back to previous glories and that is a scene that can finally do it.  Hopefully they'll stick with it and have those guys work each other for the IC title over a long period of time instead of losing interest in a strong midcard again and just throwing it on Sin Cara as a prop like they usually do.

I like what they're doing with the IC scene. These guys are making us believe that the title is something that they really wanted to have, and the star power is very good with Barret, Harper, Ziggler, Truth and specially Bryan (who I'm resigned that has been downed to mid-card).

Edited by SpeedMerchant-

I like what they're doing with the IC scene. These guys are making us believe that the title is something that they really wanted to have, and the star power is very good with Barret, Harper, Ziggler, Truth and specially Bryan (who I'm resigned that has been downed to mid-card).

but it doesn't have to be a mid-card spot. The IC title was once seen as a small step below the World Title.

Imagine if Bryan and Cena held the IC and US title and built them up over several months as titles you want to have. Then at Summerslam they do a unification match and Bryan wins. It could potentially be not only the match of the night but the main event (I mean I would rather see a unification match between Cena and Bryan as opposed to Reigns vs whomever for the World Title)

Or even better, have Rusev beat Cena at Wrestlemania and remain undefeated until Summerslam. Then once again we do a unification match only it is Bryan that finally defeats Rusev and unifies the title...that is also a bigger moment than the world title match.

Edited by Dr_Mayus

Raw was great last night. Jon Stewart was the best celebrity guest in a long time. Heyman was on fire with his promo. Steph/Cena/Axel stuff was fun too.

Kind of disappointed to see a guy who main events WM last year, pushed down to the "We don't know what to do with you" match this year. But if the plan is to elevate the IC Title through unification, I'm all for it.

Raw was great last night. Jon Stewart was the best celebrity guest in a long time. Heyman was on fire with his promo. Steph/Cena/Axel stuff was fun too.

Kind of disappointed to see a guy who main events WM last year, pushed down to the "We don't know what to do with you" match this year. But if the plan is to elevate the IC Title through unification, I'm all for it.

Love it when they find celeb's who are actual fans of the product and bring them in.  Shaq is still my all time favorite but Jon (who I actually can't stand in real life) has become a close 2nd... well, close 3rd.  Still like Seth Green a bit more.

Raw was pretty good tonight.

Positives:

-Psycho Orton is back and not caring about PG.

-The IC Title picture is looking good. And I'm happy R-Truth is back in the title scene, I forgot just how funny he was.

-The Bray Wyatt stuff was good.

-The Sting video package was actually believable, with the whole "Trying to stop the abusive authority in WCW and WWE".

-The Reigns video package was actually good.

-Heyman being awesome as usual, nobody can touch him on the mic. He's actually got me hyped for the match, and a Brock victory.

Negatives:

-Wiz Khalifa, just awful.

-The Kane/Show vs. Ryback/Rowan match. 4 people no one gives a shit about.

-Also that weird moment where it was one tag match after another, like they were in a rush or something.

• Like 1

Raw was pretty good tonight.

Positives:

-Psycho Orton is back and not caring about PG.

-The IC Title picture is looking good. And I'm happy R-Truth is back in the title scene, I forgot just how funny he was.

-The Bray Wyatt stuff was good.

-The Sting video package was actually believable, with the whole "Trying to stop the abusive authority in WCW and WWE".

-The Reigns video package was actually good.

-Heyman being awesome as usual, nobody can touch him on the mic. He's actually got me hyped for the match, and a Brock victory.

Negatives:

-Wiz Khalifa, just awful.

-The Kane/Show vs. Ryback/Rowan match. 4 people no one gives a shit about.

-Also that weird moment where it was one tag match after another, like they were in a rush or something.

Yep, I'm with you on that. That Wiz Khalifa part...... Jesus.... At first, I just thought he was gonna say some stuff and introduce somebody (like Sandow, or now, Wizdow), but then he had an entire performance, so I tuned out real quick.

I'm pretty excited about the IC Title stuff going on. Shaping up to be a great match.