The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

That Raw ending...

5lwdFAX.gif

Seriously... that's how they ended the Raw before mania? 

The fact that we got a tug-of-war sequence and not a brawl really goes to show that this company does not want to take any risks and give us something new and exciting to see. I have gotten very bored of the product due to the lack of exciting fresh segments. A Lesnar/Reigns brawl would've been cool. But a tug-of-war for the WWE Title is not cool.

Yeah you want an ending to a show to hype up a PPV...like this :)

• Like 1

Just finished watching tonight's NXT.

Or as it should probably be known: WWE Superstars in training, if today's episode had anything to show.

Two matches total, to open with and to close with, combined with a handful of promos, and about 40% Wrestlemania advertising. Because we clearly need to advertise Wrestlemania on the WWE Network to all our viewers who clearly already have the WWE Network, and can't possibly miss Wrestlemania, unless they cancel it up to 6:59pm on Sunday evening.

¬_¬

I will say one thing about tonight: I'm already more than over Kevin Owens by this point.
Feels like NXT has crawled to a halt since his arrival. 

and about 40% Wrestlemania advertising. Because we clearly need to advertise Wrestlemania on the WWE Network to all our viewers who clearly already have the WWE Network, and can't possibly miss Wrestlemania, unless they cancel it up to 6:59pm on Sunday evening.

¬_¬

Lol, that is like when they used to run anti-piracy ads at the Theatre or on DVDS and you couldn't skip them. It got you thinking "hmm...if I pirated this dvd, I could skip this annoying ad" :P

Kitsune had me going into the NXT episode thinking it was going to be bad.  It's not.  At all.

The 2nd match was 28 minutes long (which, in a 57 minute show is pretty substantial) and it told a good story, not to mention it was a very solid match.  KO's dominance right now has also set up several potential storylines for the future.  I'd bet by the time the next Takeover event happens the main event will involve KO, Balor, Neville and Zayne.  KO will be the dominant champion, Balor will be getting another chance, but this time he'll bring "the demon", and Zayne and Neville will both be back and ready to get revenge on the guy that put them out.  That would set up a fatal 4-way main event that would have all of us drooling.

Kitsune had me going into the NXT episode thinking it was going to be bad.  It's not.  At all.

The 2nd match was 28 minutes long (which, in a 57 minute show is pretty substantial) and it told a good story, not to mention it was a very solid match.  KO's dominance right now has also set up several potential storylines for the future.  I'd bet by the time the next Takeover event happens the main event will involve KO, Balor, Neville and Zayne.  KO will be the dominant champion, Balor will be getting another chance, but this time he'll bring "the demon", and Zayne and Neville will both be back and ready to get revenge on the guy that put them out.  That would set up a fatal 4-way main event that would have all of us drooling.

Kinda sad when the ending could be predicted from the pre-match promo.

The second that he stated "I don't need the demon", I immediately knew that he wasn't going to win, and that'd we see some sort of Part II.

I don't see much of a reason to bring Neville back to NXT. Just bring him to house shows and let him poke his way upward to the main roster already. Even Kalisto has seen some main roster success, and no one was really talking about him.

As soon as it was announced the match would be on a normal episode of NXT we all knew he wasn't going to win.  It wasn't about seeing a title change, it was about those two having a good match and building a feud between them so the eventual title change is more meaningful.

Also, I can give you three (well 2 and a half) reasons to bring Neville back:

1 - he still has an unresolved storyline with Kevin Owens.

2 - moving to the main roster doesn't always mean success.  He's the type of worker that could easily fail on the main roster because of his size.  The casuals don't always embrace high flyers.

and a half - he may not want to move up.  Right now a lot of the NXT talent doesn't want to move up.  Not only that, some of the main roster workers are actually upset and jealous of the NXT workers because of the matches they're allowed to work and stories they tell in the ring.

Okay people. Today is WrestleMania 31. Let's get the chatter going, let's blow up this page! I'm personally excited this year for:

Sting VS Triple H

GO STINGER!

Bray Wyatt VS Undertaker

I've loved and been a fan of Undertaker since I was a young'n, but Bray Wyatt is the new face of fear, and tonight the torch will be passed.

Brock Lesnar VS Roman Reigns 

Honestly, I don't know what to expect from this match, but I'm excited to see it nonetheless. I do truly want Brock to retain, because I dont think the dragon slayer's newfound power should be defeated so soon. And I also think Roman is still too green. The power Brock took from The Undertaker should allow him to be undefeated for at the very least, until WrestleMania 32.

I'm happy that Connor got inducted into the HoF last night (I heard some people had a problem with it). It was actually the video of him last year that prompted me to find a way to work with kids in his situation. I am just doing volunteering for now but an opportunity might open up soon :). Here is part of Bryan's speech from yesterday

• Like 1

Okay people. Today is WrestleMania 31. Let's get the chatter going, let's blow up this page! I'm personally excited this year for:

Sting VS Triple H

GO STINGER!

Bray Wyatt VS Undertaker

I've loved and been a fan of Undertaker since I was a young'n, but Bray Wyatt is the new face of fear, and tonight the torch will be passed.

Brock Lesnar VS Roman Reigns 

Honestly, I don't know what to expect from this match, but I'm excited to see it nonetheless. I do truly want Brock to retain, because I dont think the dragon slayer's newfound power should be defeated so soon. And I also think Roman is still too green. The power Brock took from The Undertaker should allow him to be undefeated for at the very least, until WrestleMania 32.

I'm guessing Rock assists in a Reigns win so Vince can set up his big boner match for next year.

• Like 1

I'm happy that Connor got inducted into the HoF last night (I heard some people had a problem with it). It was actually the video of him last year that prompted me to find a way to work with kids in his situation. I am just doing volunteering for now but an opportunity might open up soon :). Here is part of Bryan's speech from yesterday

It's not that I have a problem with with the kid per se - I think he definitely deserved to be honored, because he seemed really sweet, and definitely earned all the adulation he received. I just think that the WWE HoF should be exclusive to wrestlers, managers, and other essential personnel, because at the end of the day, they're the ones who've contributed most to the company. That said though, Connor definitely deserved the accolade more than 80% of the inductees in the 'Celebrity Wing' (which should also not be a thing).

It's not that I have a problem with with the kid per se - I think he definitely deserved to be honored, because he seemed really sweet, and definitely earned all the adulation he received. I just think that the WWE HoF should be exclusive to wrestlers, managers, and other essential personnel, because at the end of the day, they're the ones who've contributed most to the company. That said though, Connor definitely deserved the accolade more than 80% of the inductees in the 'Celebrity Wing' (which should also not be a thing).

True, true. But as you said if Drew Carrey can be in there then I think he can as well.

Also I don't mind this as it is separate from the HoF (a different award) as long as it goes towards individuals or causes that actually make a difference in our society. Now my opinion will change if the WWE decides to honour the Susan G Komen foundation as that is one of the biggest scams in all of charity and I wish they would stop promoting it.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=susan+b+koerman&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=PVIYVdjtI4ifNsfYg8AM#q=susan+b+komen+scam

The funny thing is I could have been @ WM 31(in attendance), since Santa Clara is not far from where I live(that's like a 1 hour and 30 min drive, unlike WM 21 where it was like a 5 hour drive); but since my boss has been a ♥ these 3 months making me work every day...welp I'm just too tired to go anywhere today, plus I didn't get tickets months in advance.

So I'll just watch it later like everyone else...lol

Edited by DarknessKey92