DON'T BUY THIS GAME ON PS3!

ToxicRedBull1

@Nitro I don't really get where in the timeline of the series that title fits... I haven't played any of the WRC games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Rally_Championship_(video_game_series)#Games

Seeing it now, the one I quoted is probably the 2010 game.Seeing the EU blog, it definitely seems like the game we're on now (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4008-wrc-5) is the one we'll get through PS+. You called it WRC 5: World Rally Championship but I think that's just its full name, after all World Rally Championship is just what the WRC stands for.

• Like 1

Well, it's free and haven't played a racing game for a while (thought it would give me something until GT Sport comes out).  Very disappointed, but hey, it's free.....

The lack of a split screen in local multiplayer was a bit of a shock. Passing the controller back and forth kinda killed the whole racing scenario ?

I have a impression that they made de VITA version first and ported it to PS3, both version are identical and the graphics are too similar to not be the case...

Also it already crashed 3 times on about 3 hours of gameplay. 

5 minutes ago, ElBolovo said:

I have a impression that they made de VITA version first and ported it to PS3, both version are identical and the graphics are too similar to not be the case...

Also it already crashed 3 times on about 3 hours of gameplay. 

Well, that makes sense.  I have had to restart a few times because of freezing issues...

57 minutes ago, Aurvandils_ta said:

@BillyHorrible To your Question. I bought it, I plated it, I really hated it. As you I like Racing Games. If it´s free on PS+ you can´t make anything wrong with it. It´s a very easy Plat without needing Skills, maybe a little Time consuming. Download it and see for yourself. It´s another Plat for you, but it will not make you happy.

Having fun is more important to me than having another 100% or platinum (started Invizimals recently, don't know if I can finish it). I might try it out once I get through the other PS+ racing games I've obtained (Grid, for one) but hearing all the opinions on this game doesn't really make me want to put it on the priority list.

Thanks for the info anyway.

• Like 1

Easy, bad, boring, simple. Screw it. My PS+ expires on June 9th. Not saying I am going to try to PLAT it before then, but damnit, I like a challenge. 

I once had to play Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection to PLAT before finishing XCOM EU because I wanted to order the PLATS a certain way, and I had no room to spare getting either of those as subscription was going to end soon back then within like, a day of it. 

FULL THROTTLE!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Exactly how soon in is the first trophy on this? Tempted to just try it and see what the fuss is about myself.

Very early. As soon as you start career, or win a special stage, or play a game online, or tune your car, or reset your car on track. So basically anything you do will pop you a trophy.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Is it really that bad, it was fine on PS4. I did WRC 4 on PS3 and it was fine, sure graphics are dated but handles fine. I am going to start it on weekend but I think it's getting a bit exaggerated here.

WRC 4 was made by other developer. I played WRC 1 and 2 on PC and it was by no means a fantastic game, but had some neat management elements to the game and WRC 4 on PS3 that had a laid back approach, perfect for playing while listening some podcasts and music. I also played WRC 5 for the Vita, and the PS3 is the same thing but more crash prone, no joking.  

It feels like an old arcade game, no feelings at all in the corners. One interesting thing is the AI, it's decide where you will finish. You can botch a whole stage and win by 0.78 seconds, and be perfect on another and be off by 28 seconds (in my case, a J-WRC car won the overall time in the stage, putting 10 seconds in the WRC stage winner).

Another thing, I won a championship with 50 points to spare, but because I skipped the last rally to save some time, I didn't get a proposal for a WRC-2 seat, so I need to do J-WRC again :facepalm:

Regarding the PS4 version, you can compare it to another rally game in PS4? I'm still interested because I'm a sucker to rallying games ?

Edited by ElBolovo
Hit submit before I finished my post.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ElBolovo said:

Regarding the PS4 version, you can compare it to another rally game in PS4? I'm still interested because I'm a sucker to rallying games 1f605.png

Thanks for your post, I didn't realise there was a different dev for WRC4.

If your looking for other rally games would recommend

WRC6 (big improvement on 5 - graphics / handling / much more grind)

Sebastian Loeb Evo - gets a bit grindy towards the end but a really decent game, definitely my favourite for 2016)

Dirt Rally ( hard, very at times )

8 hours ago, ElBolovo said:

Another thing, I won a championship with 50 points to spare, but because I skipped the last rally to save some time, I didn't get a proposal for a WRC-2 seat, so I need to do J-WRC again :facepalm:

I suspect that if a real life WRC driver skipped a rally because they couldn't be bothered then they wouldn't be offered a promotion either ?

• Like 3

Just platinum-ed WRC 4 and I can say that WRC 5 is definitely a step down.  As for people complaining about the arcade feel make sure to go into your setting and change the car setting to Custom and turn off the Brake and handling help.  Those 2 make the game run really sluggish.  Aside from that this game can net you about 25% of all the trophies in its list in about 1 hour of game play. The rest will come from Career mode and quicklplay.

So which WRC 5 game is on Playstation Plus this month? WRC 5 or WRC FIA World Rally Championship? I ask becuase I'm trophy hunter and one of the two games' servers aren't active anymore. It says WRC 5: FIA World Rally Championship in the Playstation Plus, so I'm a bit confused.

4 minutes ago, TheDraegonLord said:

So which WRC 5 game is on Playstation Plus this month? WRC 5 or WRC FIA World Rally Championship? I ask becuase I'm trophy hunter and one of the two games' servers aren't active anymore. It says WRC 5: FIA World Rally Championship in the Playstation Plus, so I'm a bit confused.

Just WRC 5. Has a very easy/doable trophy list :)

1 hour ago, TheDraegonLord said:

1 hour ago, DarkSamuraii- said:

Just WRC 5. Has a very easy/doable trophy list :)

3 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

No, it is WRC5 FIA World Rally Championship

There is no trophy list called "WRC 5 FIA World Rally Championship" though, there's only one WRC 5 and it's this one. There is a "WRC: FIA World Rally Championship" but it's a game from 2010.

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

There is no trophy list called "WRC 5 FIA World Rally Championship" though, there's only one WRC 5 and it's this one. There is a "WRC: FIA World Rally Championship" but it's a game from 2010.

That is true about the trophy list.

12 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

That is true about the trophy list.

Yeah, it caused some confusion last week as well, see earlier in the thread ;)

Couldn't figure it out so I decided to put the list of WRC games and the trophy lists next to each other.

Edited by BillyHorrible
typo

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah, it caused some confusion last week as well, see earlier in the thread ;)

Couldn't figure it out so I decided to put the list of WRC games and the trophy lista next to each other.

Well, whatever game it is, I'm having a hard time keeping my interest in this one ?