PS Plus January Games

Kishnabe

I'm failing to see the logic why you won't play a game because it has too much DLC. Are you serious? It's one of the best RPG's of last generation for sure, you should give it a try.

Because I can't afford all that DLC. It's about £30... I still have other games I need to buy DLC for (Metal Gear Rising).

I am getting immensely worried that all the bitching about igc will make Sony come out and say "Sorry, we can't offer AAA games every month to meet our fans unrealisticly high expectations for the igc. Therefore, we will just stop it all together."

Then of course it will be followed by more bitching about how Sony "doesn't care" about their fans.

I think this month is great. Hardware: Rivals is an MP focused game but will be a completely new experience for everyone like Rocket League was. Grim Fandango is a great game to. Definitely recommend it to those who haven't played it (which I assume is most of you here).

Don't you dare make excuses for Sony or any company for that matter being cheap. It's not that people just want triple A titles, they want GOOD titles, not fucking Medal of Honour Warfighter or shit like Kung fu Rabbit. If you're going to put indie stuff on there make it GOOD indie stuff, not cheap garbage made by people who wouldn't even get a look-in at Newgrounds or Kongregate; often released as a PS+ in order to alleviate the cost and risk involved further. Apologists like you only reinforces their behaviour. Everyone and their dog has played Dragon Age Origins at this point and it's regularly on sale even on PSN and is even cheaper to find in stores, and that's bundled with all of the DLC as well. It's just pure and utter laziness and greed. It just makes me angry how dickheads like you twist shit like this in order to spin their precious company in a sympathetic light when there's an obvious problem they're ignoring. They're just spitting on us at this point. 

• Like 3

Don't you dare make excuses for Sony or any company for that matter being cheap. It's not that people just want triple A titles, they want GOOD titles, not fucking Medal of Honour Warfighter or shit like Kung fu Rabbit. If you're going to put indie stuff on there make it GOOD indie stuff, not cheap garbage made by people who wouldn't even get a look-in at Newgrounds or Kongregate; often released as a PS+ in order to alleviate the cost and risk involved further. Apologists like you only reinforces their behaviour. Everyone and their dog has played Dragon Age Origins at this point and it's regularly on sale even on PSN and is even cheaper to find in stores, and that's bundled with all of the DLC as well. It's just pure and utter laziness and greed. It just makes me angry how dickheads like you twist shit like this in order to spin their precious company in a sympathetic light when there's an obvious problem they're ignoring. They're just spitting on us at this point.

I agree with some of this but at the end of the day it's opinion based i personally hate the games offered but other's find them great. Really nothing you can do complaining to sony won't work since they are in the lead i do believe we would have much better games coming if xbox started to pull around.

• Like 1

I am getting immensely worried that all the bitching about igc will make Sony come out and say "Sorry, we can't offer AAA games every month to meet our fans unrealisticly high expectations for the igc. Therefore, we will just stop it all together."

Then of course it will be followed by more bitching about how Sony "doesn't care" about their fans.

How can anyone say that corporations aren't people? Gamers treat them as if they're best friends! Citizens United was right!

It's perfectly reasonable for people to complain about the selection of trip-A titles. Next up: PONG! That game was BIG you know!

Of course, a response like this seems over the top as well.

• Like 1

Sony have released plenty, plenty of good Indie games on PS+.

And then you say that "Everyone and their dog has played Dragon Age Origins", but yet most of you guys want them to put out games like AC4, which everyone and their dog, cat and grandmother already own. Where is the logic?

If Sony did ever decide to act the thought on taking out IGC without no good reason or something to replace it, they will lose a portion of their customers. 

• Like 1

Sony have released plenty, plenty of good Indie games on PS+.

And then you say that "Everyone and their dog has played Dragon Age Origins", but yet most of you guys want them to put out games like AC4, which everyone and their dog, cat and grandmother already own. Where is the logic?

Is this performance art, rhetorical magic, or do you really not see the difference in these situations? I mean, I have no dog in this fight, but there is plenty of reason to think that a new trip-A title holds more value than an old one (cost of physical alternatives being an easy one). Edited by starcrunch061

Not a bad start in my opinion! Have no games they are offering and was planning on buying Grim Fadango. Missed it back in the day and never got round to playing it ...

Now that Sony has made PS2 games available with trophy support on PS4 I think it's fair to expect a couple of those games to be included in the Plus service. Not a bad thing, wasn't planning on spending money on those but as a freebie it would be nice  :angel:

Is this performance art, rhetorical magic, or do you really not see the difference in these situations? I mean, I have no dog in this fight, but there is plenty of reason to think that a new trip-A title holds more value than an old one (cost of physical alternatives being an easy one).

A game that everyone has played Vs. a game that everyone has played. The value of the game is insignificant when most of the user base have already played, and own those games. Adding a major triple AAA game, that most people already bought on day one, to these line-ups only takes up a potential slot for another game that the majority doesn't already own.

• Like 2

Not a bad start in my opinion! Have no games they are offering and was planning on buying Grim Fadango. Missed it back in the day and never got round to playing it ...

Now that Sony has made PS2 games available with trophy support on PS4 I think it's fair to expect a couple of those games to be included in the Plus service. Not a bad thing, wasn't planning on spending money on those but as a freebie it would be nice  :angel:

I'd be incredibly happy to see some PS2 games with trophy support, but I don't share your optimism. Those games are made for a limited audience, with a (relatively) high price point. Maybe they'ss show up in sales.

I do hope I'm wrong here, though.

• Like 1

Nah, I wouldn't be worried about that.

I'm pretty sure there are other games that satisfy the needs.

I mean, they tried right from the start of the year.

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/682242717779386368

Another PSP game as a vita game... further proof that the vita has no games :awesome:

Hey, give Sony props, they are still capable of randomly bringing non-cross platform non-JP Vita games =D

• Like 1

Let's stop with the absolute nonsense. The fact is, we want games that we want. IfPS+ based its services on what Starcrunch wanted every month, it would be the single greatest service in the world...for Starcrunch.

That being said, I am amazed that people can't make a distinction between giving recent trip-A titles, and old ones.

• Like 1

Most of the games pre-2014 IGC were AAA games that were more than three years old which is now the main reason people are complaining Dragon Age and Medal of Honor are stupid games to offer. The only reason Remember Me was put up for the IGC was because it was a commercial failure and the best way to get reimbursed for all the work they did was to sell out on PS Plus.

Hardware: Online Arena was also a commercial failure. IIRC, it was an online only game for the PS2 that only released in Europe (actually I'm not entirely sure about that last part). Rivals is also a successor to Online Arena, not a remaster. So I would say it's gonna be a new experience to mostly everyone.

I would agree that Medal of Honor probably isn't a good game to offer (at least I've got no interest in it), but they're not made of money to offer just any game for virtually free. You also contradict yourself with "good AAA" titles because apparently Dragon Age is not one by that logic. Or is it because your dog has completed it that everyone on here who hasn't (gasp) hasn't played it has no right to be excited about it on Plus?

And I don't recall being an apologist. All I am saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if Sony didn't stop the IGC all together. I would be infuriated, but if Sony has to offer games with dem amazin graphics just to make everyone happy then I could see why.

I've platted Grim Fandango, that's one game out the window for me. I just think it's cool more people will have the opportunity to play it because I thought it was a fun game (then again people like you will probably tell that "opportunity" to go fuck itself). I have some interest in Dragon Age to; again I apologize for not being as relevant as your dog (and I don't care either).

If it's a successor, then why does are all the maps ripped straight from Online Arena, along with all the power-ups? The only differences are that it has a shitty art style (compared to the old one) and a couple of extra modes.

No, it isn't.

And even assuming it is, "most of the user base" hasn't played either game. How many PS3s have been sold? 80 million seems conservative, and neither of those can claim 40 million sales.

Of course it is. Being able to download a game for free, that you already own, holds absolutely no value. Then it is just space. And older AAA game that you don't own is of more value to you as a user than a new AAA game you already own.

You might argue that there are people out there that haven't gotten around to buying the new game yet, which is totally fine. But then you also got to take into consideration that a newer generation might not have gotten the chance to play the older game yet, as well. My point is that people shouldn't complain against getting games like Dragon Age 2, while wishing they'd put out Assassin's Creed 4 at the same time. Complain about not getting AC4. But be happy with DA2.

Sure. That many people may own a PS4. But how many of them have a PS+ subscription? Lesser than that. And how many of them use it actively to get the free games? Even lesser than that.

I wish they gave us dragon age origins with all DLC content as for Medal of Honor I think i give this game a try

if you end up trying for the play you will be in the same boat as me wishing that the boosting this game was easier.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/12/30/playstation-plus-in-january-hardware-rivals-grim-fandango-remastered-more/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/30/ps-plus-free-games-for-january-2016/

PS4: 

Hardware Rivals

Grim Fandango

PS3:

Dragon Age: Origins

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Vita:

Nihilumbra

Legends of War: Patton

Grim Fandango( CB)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty good for PS3 if you don't have those games. 

Honestly can find both PS3 games for 99 cents to 3 dollars locally used or new.

Both games were 99 cents here in Canada at Besbuy and Ebgames new.

Legends of War....PSP version...Vita deserves better .

Nihilumbra wanted to play it like Murasaki Rebirth. 

Will ignore both PS3 offerings as there are better PS3 games to play.

only game am going to get is grim fandango