PS Plus January Games

Kishnabe

Nope :(

I though it was the new one till a fellow  member prove me otherwise.

I am hoping Tuesday that Sony changes their pick to the Vita one.

Sony playing the Dick-card again, nothing new I suppose *sigh*

Hoping the same thing, but really doubt it.

Yup, just Nihilumbra and Grim Fandango for me.

I was surprised that Nihilumbra actually is there, i was expecting some other PSP cheap-title. Since, y'know, Sony admits that the Vita doesn't deserve its own games on the lineup ^_^

Edited by YaoiGod

Like say, Invizimals the other month being the PSP version, not the better Vita versions?

Yeah, that's 2 in 3 mo. Ok with that being a very occasional thing, but not regular. Hopefully no one downloads them. That is the best way to send a message.

Sony does that only because no one cares about the Vita, and I guess it saves them money. I can only imagine the shitstorm if they substituted one of the PS3 titles with a PS1 or PS2 classic

How are those PS4 games? I know nothing about them.

Hardware Rivals, sounds like a wannabe twisted metal to me (don't know much about that game either tbh though).

Grim Fandango is a point-click from the late 90s, with dark humour. If that's your thing and don't mind tank controls, which to be fair are not bad when using the directional buttons, you'll probably enjoy this one.

As far as any game making its way into the instant game collection, doesn't Sony need to strike a deal with whoever they are bringing into the IGC..

So let's just say, for example..we got a Call of Duty game for IGC

Doesn't Sony have to give Infinity Ward or Treyarch x-amount of dollars in order for them to give it away for free with PS+

If I'm wrong I apologize..but that could be a reason why we aren't seeing AAA titles these days

Big Companies aren't seeing enough cash on Sony's end to just give their products away

As far as any game making its way into the instant game collection, doesn't Sony need to strike a deal with whoever they are bringing into the IGC..

So let's just say, for example..we got a Call of Duty game for IGC

Doesn't Sony have to give Infinity Ward or Treyarch x-amount of dollars in order for them to give it away for free with PS+

If I'm wrong I apologize..but that could be a reason why we aren't seeing AAA titles these days

Big Companies aren't seeing enough cash on Sony's end to just give their products away

I'm sure it's a complicated process, but yeah, Sony can't just say X game is free. They are probably either paying an upfront fee, or negotiating a per download reimbursement, or some combination of both.

A smaller indie developer is much more likely to need some upfront cash, and likely comes at a much cheaper price.

Realistically, Sony is getting about $4/sub/mo. They can't enter into a deal with developers paying more than that. I think people often forget that in these threads.

If you look at most of the titles, there is some strategy likely involved. Take DAO - no one is going to the store and buying a new copy of that, anywhere, and I doubt they are getting many digital sales at $20 per. The devs aren't making any money on new product. But the game has a ton of DLC - $30-40 worth. So they might offer the game at a very small fee, with the hopes that they are going to get a bunch of new players, some of whom will spend money on the DLC.

If you look at most of the AAA games that come to Plus, the majority have DLC. Or they offer something like Mass Effect 2 - hoping you'll buy ME 1 if you haven't played the series.(of note, it is cheaper to buy the digital bundle of ME1-3, than it was to get ME2 free, then pay for 1&3).

Don't you dare make excuses for Sony or any company for that matter being cheap. It's not that people just want triple A titles, they want GOOD titles, not fucking Medal of Honour Warfighter or shit like Kung fu Rabbit. If you're going to put indie stuff on there make it GOOD indie stuff, not cheap garbage made by people who wouldn't even get a look-in at Newgrounds or Kongregate; often released as a PS+ in order to alleviate the cost and risk involved further. Apologists like you only reinforces their behaviour. Everyone and their dog has played Dragon Age Origins at this point and it's regularly on sale even on PSN and is even cheaper to find in stores, and that's bundled with all of the DLC as well. It's just pure and utter laziness and greed. It just makes me angry how dickheads like you twist shit like this in order to spin their precious company in a sympathetic light when there's an obvious problem they're ignoring. They're just spitting on us at this point. 

I fail to see your logic here.. you say good titles.. well, what for you is a good title? triple a? well it's kinda silly to ask for triple a and then say: ''Everyone and their dog has played Dragon Age Origins at this point''. what if Sony gave you GTA V? oh, it's a great game right? triple a title... but wait a sec, everybody played it already, and people who didn't played it maybe didn't want to play it.

So, by your logic, what games Sony needs to give in order to make people happy? it's not the big triple a stuff cuz everybody got them already, right? and it's not ''indie shity stuff'' cuz when Sony gave us Grim Fandango or Broken Age people kept saying that it's shity. middle titles? there is a very few of them. in this year everything pretty much was indie or a big triple a, excluding a very few titles.

Edited by Gate_Guard
  • Like 1

It could be worse I suppose. It doesn't matter to me because I'm so backlogged on other games that I don't have time to worry about the free games unless they really stand out. Nothing here does except Grim Fandango, but I already got the platinum for it. 

Sony does that only because no one cares about the Vita, and I guess it saves them money. I can only imagine the shitstorm if they substituted one of the PS3 titles with a PS1 or PS2 classic

Or Vita finally run out of non-Japanese games :awesome:

If you look at most of the AAA games that come to Plus, the majority have DLC. Or they offer something like Mass Effect 2 - hoping you'll buy ME 1 if you haven't played the series.(of note, it is cheaper to buy the digital bundle of ME1-3, than it was to get ME2 free, then pay for 1&3).

I thought this was a common knowledge?