PS Plus January Games

Kishnabe

I held out on buying Grim Fandango whenever it was sale a while ago as I expected it to be on PSN+ sooner or later - and I'm glad I was right. To anyone who hasn't played it, I highly recommend you try it out. Sure the gameplay won't blow you away, but it's loaded with great dialogue and characters. 

Grim Fandango, I will try to 100% it, but I'm burned out from the monthly point and click adventure game lately.
Hardware Rival is what I will play first and since no one got any trophy for it yet .... ;D imma try to get on that first 50 or so achiever.

Have a PS3, but I have no interest plugging it back on since getting a PS4 in September.
Starting to wonder if PS PLUS is worth it if I only choose to play on the PS4...

Meh. It just seems to get worse with each passing month. Dragon Age Origins is nearly 7 years-old now. I hated it back then, and I hate it now. Even for free (even though it's not).

The others I have very little interest in playing. I just don't have the time to waste.

I'm glad I stopped paying for PS+. I can't think of a single game during 2015, other than Rocket League, that I have downloaded off PS+ and played for more than an evening. Not one.

• Like 1

Since we have mostly gotten indie & small titles on PS4 PS Plus lineup for the past year or so (or perhaps even since the PS4 launch), I've taken a stance never to buy an indie or small release title.

I remember when Grim Fandango first launched on PS4 in January 2015, I was very excited and really tempted to buy it. But as usually I still had number of titles I had not played yet and were still playing, so I decided not to get it and thought to myself, you know it might eventually come to PS Plus sometime down the line. One year later and so glad I waited for this.

There have been a number of other titles that eventually came out on PS Plus that I wanted to get, but decided to wait for it to be released on PS Plus. Some titles I'm glad I waited for on PS Plus are : FEZ, Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New 'n' Tasty, Hohokum, Entwined, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. So glad I never spent money on them when they first were released.

So I've stuck to it and have not bought any new indie or smaller titles on PS4 in hopes that it will eventually come on PS Plus at some point down the line. Games I am eagerly awaiting for on PS Plus hopefully sometime this year are : Super Stardust Ultra, Galak-Z, Axiom Verge, Life Is Strange, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons, SOMA, The Talos Principle.

I was hoping that Braid would be one of the PS Plus titles for December or January due to the release of The Witness later this month. I played Braid on my XBox years ago and really enjoyed it, but sold my XBox a while ago, so was hoping to play it again on the PS3, before the release of the new game.

The only titles I usually buy for the PS4 are the AAA titles that I really want to play now, cause I know I should never expect those to ever arrive on PS Plus line up anytime in the future. Maybe we could expect first launch titles to arrive this year, since the PS4 will be in it's 3rd year into it's cycle. I would like to think that we might expect to see all these remastered / definitive / ultimate editions that were rehashed over from the PS3 to be on the lineup at some point too. I hope we do not see any PS2 titles being released on the PS4 PS Plus line up in the future, as that will be a slap in the face. It's already cheeky of Sony that they are releasing the PS2 titles with such a high price tag for such old games, the price of US$10 or more does not justify it.

Hardware won't be a new experience for everyone - it's a remaster of a classic PS2 game that (IIRC) was given with consoles as a bundle.

As for the expectations being "unrealistically high" go take a look at IGC pre-2014. It was godly. We were getting games like Remember Me months after they released.

Until the yanks bitched and now we are getting the same shit as them.

• Like 1

PS4: 

Hardware Rivals - no opinion either way. it's a new game so it could be good or bad.

Grim Fandango - i've heard good things. it could be fun.

PS3:

Dragon Age: Origins - i tried it on pc but couldn't play it for more than 3 hours because the controls were bad. hopefully the controls are better on console.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter - probably won't download it but will add to download list. i don't really enjoy the medal of honor games.

Vita:

Nihilumbra - it seems interesting.

Legends of War: Patton - if it's the psp game I won't even add it to my download list.

Wait...Legends of War is the PSP version? So on top of being a shit game (let's be honest, we know it will be), they give you the fucking PSP version of it? Wow, I don't even feel a fraction of a percentage of an iota like I'm overreacting when I say Plus is pathetic as balls.

For those that care, JP PS+ games are announced now.

Toukiden: Kiwami(Ps4/Vita)

Hardware: Rivals (PS4) 

SSX (PS3)

Urban Trial Freestyle (PS3/Vita)

Xeodrifter (PS4/Vita)

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (Vita)

Capcom Generations 5: Street Fighter Collection 2

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/2148/20160105-psplus.html

Weeeeell... that isn't as strong as I would expect from Japan Plus...

Like yea, Kiwami beats everything else but still.