Do you ever regret spending a lot of time playing games

y6ner

Lol, of course not! I love video games and all things related to it. Gaming helped me get through some of my roughest periods of my life. It help me through high school when I was bullied, growing up in a broken home, and getting through depression. If anything I regret not having more time to play games! 

Not for a second. Whether I was on my own or with mates gaming was the go to activity, it's always been there and I still love it as much as I always have. If anything I appreciate the time I was able to spend on it more now, with work and seeing my girlfriend on my days off I get maybe a handful of hours each week to play. It's fallen down the list of priorities for sure, but it's something I'll always love doing when I can and something I'll never regret spending time on in the future. 

• Like 2

I still regret playing games. I like writing music and do martial arts and I want to achieve something in that, not speaking about work and all other commitments that I have, but, even regretting that I spend a lot of time gaming, I try not to think about it and relax. There is nothing wrong with enjoying a game, even for 7 hours straight. Life is about beautiful experiences and games totally provide that.

Oddly enough. Yes.

I much prefer the days before some of my injuries where I could play sports. Games are great and while on a minuscule level helped me pass some rough points, overall I prefer other activities. Even now during my recovery from shoulder surgery I miss playing games...but I miss what I used to do before even more. (although I suppose that's a natural response.)

Can't say that I do, video games have always been my escape and have helped me through many tough times. They're also the main thing that I bond with my Brother over, which is awesome. I would only regret spending a lot of time playing them if it meant I was missing out on other things because of them. :)

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2017 at 4:54 PM, Falken-N7 said:

I only regret the three years I spent playing World of Warcraft. All the rest, I don't regret anything, and would do it again.

You.  I like the way you think.

And hell nope.  Even all the hours I sank into the various games, I still had a great time playing them.

Edit: @ihate_ray, I'd totally be your friend and play some games with ya.  You'd love the friends I've collected over time (mostly from GTA V).  They're hilarious.

Edited by Froopy
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Not sure regret is the right word. It's just...it's all I do now. I'm edging into my 40's, and I have no life anymore. I'm not married, no kids, all my friends live in other states and have their own lives going on. Gaming is all I really have. I'd say I regret past choices that lead to this being my life now more so than gaming in general. 

• Like 1

To be honest, yeah. While playing, there's an ever-present idea in the back of my mind that I ought to be doing something more productive, particularly when I'm grinding away to achieve a very difficult trophy, which really sparks those "what am I doing with my life?" sorts of thoughts. It probably plays a large part in why my enjoyment of video games has diminished greatly over the years.

• Like 1

The only thing I regret is being stupid and not knowing about guides or boosting for so long! For example I played most of Friday 13th legit. I put 1000 hours into that game and could have done it a lot quicker. I also spent a stupid amount of years on GTA when I could have been experiencing other games. 

21 hours ago, Viper said:

Not sure regret is the right word. It's just...it's all I do now. I'm edging into my 40's, and I have no life anymore. I'm not married, no kids, all my friends live in other states and have their own lives going on. Gaming is all I really have. I'd say I regret past choices that lead to this being my life now more so than gaming in general. 

Its never too late to have those things too ❤️

• Like 1

Not particularly. If anything, I regret how easily distracted I can be when playing video games, often causing me to not really be able to get as immersed as I used to when I was a kid.

Occasionally there'll be weekends where I wish I could be doing something else other than gaming, especially if the weather is nice, but that simply isn't always possible, especially if other people/my SO are busy or want to do other things (like play games). That's probably about the extent of my "ever regretting spending a lot of time on games".

3 minutes ago, DeadDexterous said:

I'm in my early 30's, gaming is all I really do.

What's so great about what your missing? If you want a Wife you've got plenty time & numerous avenues you could explore.

Day's/Nights out are overrated.

Friends? I cut ties with mine but I just couldn't think of any reason to have them.

What would you do without games?

I took a a few years break before starting this account. My life was no better for it, I just replaced games with TV shows & Social media (I don't use any social media now in terms of Facebook but if you do the lives you see aren't real 99% of the time anyway).

How would you fill your time without games? Maybe find a Wife what then? You still need things you enjoy doing.

I'm rambling... anyway... You can't change the past. But if you take a step outside of your comfort zone you'll figure out what you want/need in life.

Good luck sir !

(If what I've wrote is totally unnecessary, apologies).

It's not about never playing video games again, it's just that I miss the days when I had more going on than JUST sitting at home starring at a TV. It's not like I don't love video games, but I had a lot of great times back in my teen years and early 20's. My life definitely didn't turn out like I planned it.