First Platinum Stories

TheVader66

Well my first Platinum was last week and it was Rocket League.

Nothing really interesting tho, I love that game and I already had it on Steam so I guess it was pretty easy, currently trying to 100% it.

I'm a casual player so I guess I won't be earning another one anytime soon, unless I get good at DOA5LR or play The Walking Dead...which I honestly don't like.

• Like 1

My first Platinum was the first InFamous game.

I got it because I got it free when I bought the PS3 ~7 years ago after I finished some exams up.

The platinum trophy was frustrating because doing all the stunts and collecting all the blast shards without any visual reference or maps to tell me how to go about this was annoying. Great game otherwise though. :D

• Like 1

When I first bought the ps3 (in 2013) nothing was more fascinating to me than the Assassin's creed world.

I bought the whole series for a bargain and in a couple of weeks I finished AC, ACII and AC Brotherhood. I knew about trophies and I was quite interested even when I started my journey, but at the time my only interest was to be part of that world.

Needless to say that I loved the series, I finished the first AC with 100% and so I did with ACII when my first platinum popped.

This year i'll get the platinum for the AC games I have left behind (AC Revelation-ACIII), wish me luck ;)

AssassinsCreed2.png

:platinum: Master Assassin

• Like 3

My first Platinum was PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale on PS3. This was one of the PS Plus free games. Due to those multiplayer trophies, I didn't expect to get plat on this game at first. The only reason I played this game is getting easy trophies to level up my PSN level. After trying few multiplayer matchs, I realize this game is not hard to plat, so I decided to give it a try. However, a big issue came to me, there is one trophy "17Sc24914.png Friendly Competition" which required me to invite a friend to play a match. It should be an easy trophy by just starting a boost session, but I didn't know there is something called boost session at that time and I have no friend on my PS3. What I did is randomly send friend request to people who I just play a match with. After sending probably 10 requests, there is one guy accept it. Immediately I invite him for a match and got this trophy unlocked right after the match. The rest is just finishing those boring single player story trophies, and got my first platinum.

1Scc9431.png

Edited by GTA_Darren
  • Like 2

The first platinum I got was Uncharted: Drake's fortune and I'll get to how I got the game at the end. I don't know if you remember but Uncharted 1 was one of those games that didn't have trophies when it was originally released. So I played and beat the game on normal and I liked it so much that I played it on hard right after. That was still when the game had no trophies. Then the game got the trophy update and I played it on hard and crushing for the platinum trophy. Counting the times I beat the remastered version, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is probably the game I beat most times with 6 or 7 playthroughs.

As far as how I got the game, first I should explain something about video games in my fucked up country. In my country console games at any retail store cost $180! (As in American dollars) I've never bought a game in my country and I don't know anyone who has. All the games I've bought (before I got a credit card and could buy games digitally for $60), I imported them from the US. And that way I payed $80 - $85 a game. So, Uncharted 1 was one of those games I imported and it was the first time a game didn't work when I popped it into my PS3 (the fat one xP). At first they didn't want to give me a refund saying it must be my PS3 that is faulty, but I took the game and they tried it on 2 different PS3s and it just didn't work. That was the first and only time a PS3 or PS4 disc I bought was faulty. In the end they just gave me another copy.    

• Like 2

My 1st platinum story isn't very special but here it goes. It was The Walking Dead Season 1 and I got it at the time because I wanted a quick and a easy platinum since I had no platinum's prior to platting Season 1 and at the time,I wasn't that good at trophy hunting. I taught it would just be an okay game but I was wrong. I ended up loving the game a lot that when I got a PS Vita,it was one of the first games I got on it and platted it again. So that's how I got my first platinum ever on Dante.

• Like 1

My first platinum was LBP 1! :P

The last thing I did on the platinum was getting through this one really long and hard level without dying or something. Everyone who has played the game knows what level I'm talking about. Anyway, I had only that left, and I waited to do it until the next day. Then the first thing I do that next morning was beating that level without dying on first attempt! :D

EDIT: it seems I remember wrong, still had to get enough likes n stuff on my levels.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

My first platinum was LBP 1! :P

The last thing I did on the platinum was getting through this one really long and hard level without dying or something. Everyone who has played the game knows what level I'm talking about. Anyway, I had only that left, and I waited to do it until the next day. Then the first thing I do that next morning was beating that level without dying on first attempt! :D

EDIT: it seems I remember wrong, still had to get enough likes n stuff on my levels.

THE BUNKER!!! AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!

1L9d68f7.png

First Plat was Heavy Rain, which is also the first demo I downloaded when I bought my PS3 from a friend. I bought a slim two days before Final Fantasy XIII came out and fired it up to make sure I had the software updated and everything ready to go. Since I had a 2 mb internet connection at a time, all gaming required plenty of prep if I didn't want to have to wait around for patches. I played the Heavy Rain demo all night the night before getting FF XIII on it's release morning. Well FF XIII had a part that was pretty difficult and I had gotten Heavy Rain full game as part of the deal with my crony so I fired it up and loved it.

Fast Forward THREE years. I decided I really wanted to finish some games, partially because I felt like it was a waste of money for me not to get everything out of the games I had paid money for. This was likely because I was pretty depressed and felt like I left so much unfinished in life. I went online to see how to finish Heavy Rain and gave it a shot. The Bear took me down again so I played and made some progress on some other games. Finally, I loaded up Heavy Rain again and finished the Plat. Huge sense of accomplishment.

• Like 1

I used to collect achievements casually on Xbox 360 a long time ago, and then I quit gaming for like 4 years. 

Then I got a PS4 in December 2014, and bought The Walking Dead Season 1. After I got the unexpected platinum (since I didn't know how trophies work), it was awesome so yeah here I am 1 year and 2 months later with 34 platinums. :D

• Like 2

Ah yes, my first plat was Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

1L6f4f26.png

All-Star Legend - You've Only Done Everything 

To be honest, there was no real reason why. I knew of getting platinums, and it had looked easy enough, so I just did it because why the hell not?

And I've never regretted it since. That feeling of accomplishment is awesome!

Edited by LittleLamb121
  • Like 1

My first platinum was the god-awful Terminator Salvation plat.  Yeah, I know...... but what can you do? :P

Back when this happened, I didn't particularly care for trophies.  I played through Terminator on the Easy difficulty, I think, and then shelved the game to play other titles.  I didn't feel any urge to replay it, and I was just on the verge of selling it, when I happened to check out my trophy list on my PS3.  I considered the remaining Terminator trophies, and remembered that the game was quite short and easy, and decided I would play it again after all to get those trophies.  Even after the plat popped, it didn't kickstart a trophy hunting urge within me, and it would be another 4 months before I earned my second plat, but things slowly started progressing from there.

So, yeah.... a pretty crappy first plat but as I said, I didn't really care back then.

• Like 1

L70d094.png

Transformers: War For Cybertron

1Ld554aa.png

:platinum: Vector Sigma Victory  :platinum:

5.22%

I was originally wanting to do LBP2 as my 1st, but ended up being this AWESOME game. This was one of my first 2 games I got for my ps3, the other being LBP2. When I played, I got addicted to game so quickly, I still play it in 2016, 4 years after i got the plat. This was the first game I had to complete on the hardest difficulty, I remember struggling SO hard on beating the 2nd chapter of the Autobot campaign. Now going back to play it, it's so easy. And that was the last thing i had to do for the plat, so it took another week to get the plat. Even after, I still play the games MP and Escalation. Sucks that people are using a GAME BREAKING MP glitch which ruins everything. I don't use the glitches and never will. Keep in mind, these are glitches, not hacks. I find it funny these cheaters are calling themselves the best, EVEN THOUGH they are using glitches. And thats the end of my story. enjoy

• Like 1

1L4e8877.png

Dragon Age: Origins
:platinum: The Ultimate Reward

I was working on this game on my old account when I decided to start over because reasons. However, I knew right away I wanted this to be my first platinum on my new name. I had been enjoying it immensely, so decided to finish what I started. THings went smoothly for the most part. After some nail biting, I managed to get the Traveler trophy, then I worked on the endings. I don't know if I did them all or if it simply popped early, but I soon got the trophy for all endings and the platinum. Definitely felt the name was very fitting and was disappointed when Inquisition's platinum wasn't given the same name. It was definitely a journey well worth making and a good start on my new path.

• Like 2

It's definitely been an interesting read checking out the stories behind first platinums from various people. I look forward to unlocking #1 and posting about it here.

Can't wait to read the experience, by the way do you know which game you want to be your first platinum

• Like 1

My first platinum is Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch back in 2014

I wasn't particularly big on Platinums or trophies at that time I just kind of bought the ps3 for Dynasty Warriors 7 because I reaaaaaaaaaaaally wanted to play that game and after DW7 I went dormant on video games and I just play Dota 2 and watch anime. Then highschool friend on FB posted his copy of Ni No Kuni and he said a lot of good things about it and I just kept the game in mind. Probably a few months later, I went to gamestop just for the heck of it and I was thinking of buying Sengoku Basara because I know there was an upcoming anime adaptation of the series. I wanted to try the game before watching the anime ( I still haven't ) Then I saw Ni no Kuni and just bought it in a whim for 20 bucks which sucks because one week before that there was a sale of Ni no Kuni at 5 dollars.

I really do not know why I took the plat. I guess I just wanted a platinum ( at least one ). It was definitely was not easy and took  me abut 70 hours to get it.

• Like 1

My first Platinum was The Last of Us on PS3. That was the same game why I bought PS3 so it was fitting that it was also my first Platinum. There's not much about to tell about getting the Plat. I loved the story so it wasn't frustrating to play it through many times. I also loved and still do love the multiplayer of TLOU so it was natural to achieve the Platinum trophy at some point. I also have Platinum trophy for The Last of Us Remastered so you could guess I like the game.

• Like 1

My first Platinum was LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean The Video Game. I Just got the game Because I like LEGO and Pirates of the Caribbean. Because of it i started my hunt for Platinum, My First Non-LEGO Game Platinum was X-Men: Destiny, And My First Non-LEGO Game series Platinum Was Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2(This Platinum started My Hunt for Hyperdimension Neptunia Platinums)

• Like 1

The first Platinum I got was for Beyond: Two Souls on the ps3 back in 2014. Before that I was close to getting the Platinum for Ni No Kuni but gave up after a while on that game, I got that close to getting it for Ni No Kuni all I needed was 2 more trophies & still to this day I need those 2 trophies. But as I said the first Plat I got was for Beyond: Two Souls.

I had pre-ordered the game back in 2013 a couple of weeks before it was released as the game caught my eye & by this point in time I had played quite a few game for the ps3 so had gotten a few trophies by that point. When Beyond: Two Souls arrived I played it for a little bit & got quite a few of the trophies, I had no intentions of getting the Platinum trophy to begin with for the game.

As much as I like getting trophies for game I'm not as much of a trophy whore as some people, I'm not one of those people that has to get every trophy on every game I play but I noticed for Beyond: Two Souls that one of the trophies for the game was to see every single ending as it's one of those games that has multiple ending & as that particular trophy is gold I wanted to get it, even with having to go through the game several times I still wanted to get the trophy & by this point I didn't need that many trophies for the game either. Once I got that gold trophy & also didn't need that many trophies either & thought to my self "I can do this". Like most people who haven't got a Platinum trophy I never thought I'd get one, I didn't think I was good enough to get one or could stick to a game enough to get one either but as I got closer to getting the Platinum trophy & with "I can do this" crossing my mind I decided to give it a go & before I knew it I'd gotten the Platinum trophy making it the first one for me.

At this moment in time I've got 10 Platinum trophies. It may not be as many as some people or that many for the amount of games I've played that have Platinum trophies but I'm never going to forget getting my first Platinum.

• Like 1