Should I buy it?

ab4h4r4k1

Ok, here is the deal: right now the game is on sale - a good price, considering that it comes with X-2 as well. But I have played both titles on the PS2 and remember most of everything that can be done. I simply dont know if I will enjoy the games.

Is there enough new content to make this worth? The opinions of those who played the originals and the remasters are really welcome.

I don't think you should buy it if you've already done everything and think it won't be a new experience. Move onto something else, plenty of unplayed gems out there.

Actually he might have not done everything.  In HD version, you are getting the International games, he's from Brazil so I figured he's played the NTSC version originally which didn't include a lot of the bosses the PAL and Japanese International versions did.

Actually he might have not done everything.  In HD version, you are getting the International games, he's from Brazil so I figured he's played the NTSC version originally which didn't include a lot of the bosses the PAL and Japanese International versions did.

So there are differences. New bosses, sidequests? And in both games? All info is useful.

Ok, here is the deal: right now the game is on sale - a good price, considering that it comes with X-2 as well. But I have played both titles on the PS2 and remember most of everything that can be done. I simply dont know if I will enjoy the games.

Is there enough new content to make this worth? The opinions of those who played the originals and the remasters are really welcome.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/41079

Those are the differences in the International Version. If you want to play it again with trophies and updated graphics, then buy it. If not, then don't.

I played FFX several times on the PS2 and so i was really excited then it was re-released on PS3 xD . I bought it shortly after that and for me it was because i knew this game mostly inside out that i really enjoyed it again. And for the trophies :D (btw: don't have the plat yet).

As you assumingly didn't play the INT/PAL Version you really should get the chance now. Because i think the optional bosses are altogether a joy to see and to be afraid of at the same time - they're insanly strong :devil: .

So long time short: BUY IT. It has enough changes for you to explore the magnificient world of Spira again :)

• Like 1

I played Final Fantasy X on the PS2 and on the PS3 when the HD remaster released. Personally it is one of my favorite Final Fantasy games and would recommend it to anyone. If you really enjoyed story and the experience of Final Fantasy X back on the PS2, then I would highly recommend it for the PS3 or even the PS4. As for bosses, you are able to fight Penance once you've met the requirements and you'll have access to what was left out of the American version of the game back on PS3, ie. the Expert Grid.

To save yourself a lot of headache, choose the Expert Grid since it has fewer level 4 locks than the standard; plus, you'll have access to moves such as Haste from the get-go.

• Like 1

For me my ps2 version didn't have the Dark Aeons, to me that is worth it alone as I wanted to battle those as a kid. As well I never actually owned FFX on ps2, so it is nice to have. The ps4 version is the best (yes I have all 3) so if you can I would pick it up and I am sure 10 years down the road you won't be disappointed in having a better version of a great game. Also it is probably what, like 20-30?

I also did not have expert grid, to me this was nice. As I had control over my characters, I totally botched up Tidus, but it was fun to make them as I choose. 

• Like 1

After having played so many mediocre RPGs of 7th gen, it was pure pleasure to replay FFX. I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to skip the dialogue, seems rather pointless to me in a very long RPG with a good enough story. :S

If you only played the NA version of the game, not the international version, then this version has a lot of extra content, which adds a considerable enough of time and extra challenges etc. I always played the international version, so this was nothing new to me.

Not sure I'd play X-2. I never got through that game on PS2, and I didn't even try on PS3.