Dragon fin soup creators say can't fix PlayStation versions

Conker

I have good news for you. Although I don't have the game I asked one of the game's developers on Steam saying that;

Is there any news for the Playstation patch? Game is broken some parts and some of the trophies are unobtainable. We are waiting for months and we are willing to wait more if you guys are going to fix the game. Thank you. =)

And the answer;

There will be a big announcement posted about Playstation platforms soon on Steam, Facebook, our website, and Kickstarter.

You all will soon get your platinums I guess.  :D

Edited by NaganoJPN
  • Like 2

Unless the big announcement is about a sequel or new version that you can buy that has had fixes put in place. I guess at this point, jumping to the conclusion that fixes are coming probably isn't advised. The whole situation has been shady at best up until now.

My advice: Keep your expectations low. Very low. If you have any right now, lower them further.

I signed in just to like this, it's sad but it's true.

However, now that I've logged in I must say thanks also to NaganoJPN, you took the time to share with us what you know, and no matter how untrustworthy the message, "don't shoot the messenger" and all that. So thanks for posting.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it fits here best:

We are super excited to ANNOUNCE “DRAGON FIN SOUP: EXTRA CHUNKY EDITION!”

Dragon Fin Soup: Extra Chunky Edition is coming later this year with a major update planned for PC, STEAM, PS4, PS3 and PS Vita. The game will also launch on Xbox One, iOS, Android, FireTV, Mac and Linux in late 2016.

WTF is Extra Chunky?!

Dragon Fin Soup: Extra Chunky Edition includes the latest 1.07 “Community ChowDown!” update from STEAM which has tons of new features, fixes, and refinements. Grimm Bros will also be adding…

• Ability to feed pets to level them up
  • Toggle button for the grid view
  • New “Black Knight” pet inspired by Monty Python and the Holy Grail
  • New dungeons
  • New “Trash Talk” system
  • New items, recipes, weapons

And much much more as you can see from our DFS Tutorial Video here !

[...]

A word about the delayed updates to PSN

We want to apologize again to all our PSN players in the community. We had no intention of leaving you hanging for so long after the initial version of DFS launched. There has been a lot of confusion, frustration, and false information. It has been a difficult and complicated process to say the least, but we are making headway. We know you are beyond resilient and patient, and we are forever grateful to you all.

In addition to the upcoming re-port of DFS:ECE to PSN, we will send all of you who purchased a copy of DFS for PSN a free STEAM or DRM key to hold you over until the update goes live. We know many of you have been waiting to play Dragon Fin Soup and hope this helps quench your RPG appetite. Thanks again for your continued support, and stay tuned for more updates and news coming during PAX East this year, including how to redeem your free STEAM/DRM copy.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimmbros/dragon-fin-soup/posts/1540517?ref=backer_project_update

I wonder if this will mean that the "normal" DFN will be left as it is and they will just add another to the PSN, maybe also resulting in another trophy list.  :hmm:

Additionally I wonder which people are eligible for a free copy. 

Edited by crimsonidol

Man this is so frustrating... I play on consoles, so a Steam is totally useless to me. Well, they said this free key is just to keep us busy, so maybe they really are working on the patch and it'll probably have a big improvement when this new version is released, as I suppose they are working on the "new" game. Let's hope this is the case.

• Like 1

I guess it fits here best:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimmbros/dragon-fin-soup/posts/1540517?ref=backer_project_update

I wonder if this will mean that the "normal" DFN will be left as it is and they will just add another to the PSN, maybe also resulting in another trophy list.  :hmm:

Additionally I wonder which people are eligible for a free copy. 

Would hope not...that would piss off the people who are a few trophies away from the plat.

Or same trophies but separate list....transfer progress and auto trophy pop. 

There are a lot of improvements as well as fixes in this version, I was daily on the bug forums for a few months after release so I saw them all in detail.

However I share your concern in desperately hoping they don't just release a separate trophy list- it would make the first unobtainables on my 150-game 97% completion profile (not trying to brag, just show how devastating it would be for me).

It's not what they said. They only said it will be free for those who have bought the game. But will that also include those who got it from PS+

That is what I am wondering. They said "we will send all of you who purchased a copy of DFS for PSN a free STEAM or DRM key". If Plus "purchasers" don't get the update, it's going to be a big slap in the face to Sony and the players. I have a feeling they'll do the right thing and get the update to everyone who got it through Plus as well as those to paid money directly.