Eu worst region

Evil_Joker88

Today it came clearly to my mind... living in the EU and Germany more specifically is the worst thing regarding to PSN Games and Trophies....

Today is another flash sale in NA while we europeans get nothing :( ....

And looking at some tropyh hunters lists there are hundreds of damn easy japanese games... you can get sometimes plats in 2-3 hours and 11 of 15 trophies are even golden  :blink:

I wish i could understand japanese enought to enjoy these games, but as of today i'm not starting just for trophies :P:D

Today it came clearly to my mind... living in the EU and Germany more specifically is the worst thing regarding to PSN Games and Trophies....

You mean about those imports, right? Because all major releases are done simultaneously in both regions, even in EU are faster because of timezones.

Today is another flash sale in NA while we europeans get nothing  :( ....

You talking about the weekly sale, right? Because you also have a weekly sale at the moment. Flash Sales are only over the weekend (fri-mon), never on Tuesday.

And looking at some tropyh hunters lists there are hundreds of damn easy japanese games... you can get sometimes plats in 2-3 hours and 11 of 15 trophies are even golden   :blink:

And what does that have anything to do with EU? The NA people import those games and so can EU (which btw is faster because they are closer to Japan than NA).

I wish i could understand japanese enought to enjoy these games, but as of today i'm not starting just for trophies  :P  :D

I too wish I could understand japanese. And German. I was going to take German classes this semester, but got short on cash. There are several easy games in other regions as well. La Voz and Nubia are out there and are ridiculous.

• Like 2

I think people forget that the EU does get sales, just not necessarily at exactly the same time and including the same games as other regions. Pretty much 95% of my digital games have been bought in an EU PSN sale and every one reduced by 50% off or more. I would say our sales are just as good as other regions, although sometimes we might have to wait that little bit longer for the game we want to be included.

It's easy to think the grass is greener on the other side, when really it's pretty much the same for everyone.

• Like 4

And looking at some tropyh hunters lists there are hundreds of damn easy japanese games... you can get sometimes plats in 2-3 hours and 11 of 15 trophies are even golden  :blink:

I would wager that most of the people here who play Japanese games cannot understand very much Japanese at all, maybe one or two of the most very basic words per sentence and that's about it.

They won't be able to read any of the text and that's how they are completing the games in 2-3 hrs.

But if they are having fun then that's all that counts really.

Games are supposed to be fun first and foremost.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

The NA sales are pretty hit and miss though. Once a month there's a rockstar sale with the same games on sale. A lot of the sales are repeated though not as often as the rockstar sale. A lot of the games that aren't exclusive to psn can be bought cheaper physically than in one of the sales anyway. In the current sale (Critic's Choice sale) a majority of the games can be bought physically for cheaper than the sale price. A good percentage of them were also on sale during the Christmas sales. It's usually indie and japanese games that are actually good deals in sales.

Yea, well... because they skip the whole game.

The games are by no meaning meant to be finished in 2-3 hours. They are supposed to be finished in 2...0-30 hours.

• Like 2

It's simply not as easy to do stuff with EU, because it's a lot of different countries. NA is basically just USA and Canada. Japan is not a whole lot more than that.

They really should stream line it more. It's also easier to have advertisement campaigns etc when it's just a couple of countries.

With that said, I've often heard NA people complain about how much worse they are off than EU. :P

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Stunning how much answers i already got :)

To sum up what i think just this much

I would wager that most of the people here who play Japanese games cannot understand very much Japanese at all, maybe one or two of the most very basic words per sentence and that's about it.

They won't be able to read any of the text and that's how they are completing the games in 2-3 hrs.

But if they are having fun then that's all that counts really.

Games are supposed to be fun first and foremost.

That's my thoughts exactly on that topic... surelly they aren't meant to be played skipping everything because you can't read it anyways.. It is possible. I have several games (FFX HD atm) in which i'd like to skip at least the cutscenes but am forced to watch it all over  :unsure:  And seeing how many points some japanese games in comparison to most NA / EU games kinda sucks :P:D

I kinda agree with him, games under 1$? You can't beat that... We need those flash sales here as well, too bad SCEE is not into those...

This is true and i'd like another point: i see 10% plus bonus on most german sales.... but in the US i usally see 20%... and even up to 60%

• Like 1

It's simply not as easy to do stuff with EU, because it's a lot of different countries. NA is basically just USA and Canada. Japan is not a whole lot more than that.

They really should stream line it more. It's also easier to have advertisement campaigns etc when it's just a couple of countries.

With that said, I've often heard NA people complain about how much worse they are off than EU. :P

And Mexico, don't forget Mexico. 

And what does that have anything to do with EU? The NA people import those games and so can EU (which btw is faster because they are closer to Japan than NA).

EU wont be faster just cause its closer, depending on the country customs they can put your package on hold while taking their time aplying tax to it.

(also forgot to add the difference time to reach NA from EU is no more than 5 hours)

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

In terms of sales, as much as i like to complain about it, it's really not all that bad. The one thing that does annoy me is how long we have to wait for some localisations.

Read... all? :awesome:

That reminds me when some people were wondering about buying a game for 4 bucks or something =D 

Like wtf, such cheapness and they were still not convinced =D

i live in the eu and i don't think we have it that bad, if games are not coming out here i import them from the usa and japan, so its really not a problem, i think only the prices here are a little bit higher then in the usa, but we get nice sales sometimes :)

Yea, well... import...

Another thing why EU sucks so much.

When NA players import, they don't need to pay any tax while in EU countries, payment goes up to 25% of the price...

EU wont be faster just cause its closer, depending on the country customs they can put your package on hold while taking their time aplying tax to it.

So much this :/

Edited by Satoshi Ookami