Cheaters Policy

Sly Ripper

Hi guys first time poster and yes I have been flagged:P good job sly mate i have been looking though these forums for awhile and literally never posted because I thought I would get flagged or abused for my dodgy socom platinum trophy. Oh how I have wished I could have removed it from my trophies for a long time. Even though I wasn't the one who did it. (A friend did it on my account) I take full responsibility for it. My friend also offered me many others like wkc but I refused because I thought I would get banned some day. Wish I thought about that with socom. I thought it was just like buzz quiz at the time.

Gamer is rather annoying though with his 4 easy platinums who keeps calling out people with over 100 plats who worked hard for them but have 1 plat such as socom they cheated on... Yes we are all banned/ going to get banned but you don't have to rub it in and troll us:P

On a good note good job on getting rid of everyone who ever used any sort of cheating:P

Edited by mickyt888
  • Like 2

Because they can stop you from obtaining a trophy by changing the clock, they can't stop people from modifying the save.

BTW, that is a gray area of trophies - It's debatable that it's cheating or not. But what's not debatable is modifying the save and instantly getting the trophies.

Duck hacked 1 according to this site (He's used 6 save files, he told me) . 6 save files are different from hacking 6 games... He simply imput part of a save into another, and didn't use a program to modify it. I feel bad for him I truly do, but they've stated they are mostly done with trophy hunting.

I think there should be warnings.. 1 hack = warning, 2 hack = something else, 3 hacks= removal from clean leaderboard: Or something.

Sorry i wasn't saying his hackes should be forgotten. I was just saying that if anyone can complain about not showing up in the latest achievers section it should be team Duck. Sorry, i should have worded it clearer.

Edited by killerJAZZ420

Sorry i wasn't saying his hackes should be forgotten. I was just saying that if anyone can complain about not showing up in the latest achievers section it should be team Duck. Sorry, i should have worded it clearer.

No me neither I'm just sayin' myself :P

I feel like the SOCOM save file trophy glitch is not considered hacking but cheating. I have never hacked any game(s) and all of my games are legit besides the SOCOM plat.

If I could remove that Socom platinum ; I would gladly do so. Personally, I thought my close friend just wanted to play some online matches then all of sudden 30+ trophies popped up after each other trophy and knew that something wasn't right. Though, thought it was fishy that he said that he needed his USB flash drive to play his SOCOM stats on my account.

I feel the SOCOM plat is extremely rare now and glad to see people were dedicated to earning this, but I would prefer my stats to be intact, but not on SOCOM per say.

Though, I guess what I'm saying is ... there are some people that are labeled as a "Cheater" when they truly aren't one.

PS ... no complaining , just my 2 cents.

• Like 3

Kinda disappointing that I'm forever banned from the leaderboards for cheating, yes I admit I cheated on ~13 games I think. I only did it because it was possible, the online for a lot of things is dead so I used a hack/cheat for them as I never thought I'd play them and I was expecting PSN to fix the cheats (Xploder) but apparently they've decided not to even bother with it, sure would be nice if they removed my plats so I could be fully legit again :l sucks that if I want to make a new account I'll lose games like Catherine which took me quite some time to plat.

You can hack every game you know? Not telling I hacked a game, but I think you can hack every game if you try, but is better if you try to reach the trophies. Online's dead, then don't play online, appreciate the story mode, simple. I don't have any game with the online shut down, but MOTORSTORM: APOCALYPSE I think is next to that, and I don't bother, I try for the trophies as well, I will not get the platinum :( It's not the end of the world. just play other game and you'll be fine.

I think there should be warnings.. 1 hack = warning, 2 hack = something else, 3 hacks= removal from clean leaderboard: Or something.

I don't think so, there shoud only be 1 as is use right now. 1 hack = removal from clean leaderboard, is better, because with that 3 we still have hackers in the leaderboard, and if they have 1 game hacked or none, they will hack 1 or 2 games, for leveling up faster and don't be removed from leaderboard. Who cheated or hacked then (sorry for this but they deserve it) his a complete assholes, I enjoy pretty good games, but also go for trophies, no matter how hard they are, I think with harder trophies the more I play that game, like LBP2, I like the game but not much so I'm just winning the trophies and then that game is for my little 6 year old brother :) It's not like my favorite game WWE'12 I got it love it, and I'm 2 trophies from acheive the platinum but continue to play after that. But the thing is there are here people posting for the 1st time telling they out of the leaderboards because they cheated or hacked, well I'm not sorry, because if you hacked or cheated then you don't deserve to be there because you lost the point of the game, if a game is good play it, if not don't play it, don't win the trophies with cheats.

Hi guys first time poster and yes I have been flagged:P good job sly mate i have been looking though these forums for awhile and literally never posted because I thought I would get flagged or abused for my dodgy socom platinum trophy. Oh how I have wished I could have removed it from my trophies for a long time. Even though I wasn't the one who did it. (A friend did it on my account) I take full responsibility for it. My friend also offered me many others like wkc but I refused because I thought I would get banned some day. Wish I thought about that with socom. I thought it was just like buzz quiz at the time.

Gamer is rather annoying though with his 4 easy platinums who keeps calling out people with over 100 plats who worked hard for them but have 1 plat such as socom they cheated on... Yes we are all banned/ going to get banned but you don't have to rub it in and troll us:P

On a good note good job on getting rid of everyone who ever used any sort of cheating:P

Unlike you, I actually have a life outside of trophies, and I don't really care about my number of platinums. Gaming is supposed to be about fun, not growing your e-peen. Everyone who is bitching about being flagged and about cheating...hasn't even been active or contributed at all, so why the hell are you even coming here to complain? Are you really so insecure that you have to find something to complain about, even though you violated the rules? Yeah, forget you.

Everyone who still complain about hackers didnt get there trophies legit. They didnt get only the hacked trophies legit.

If you used in game glitches like the bolt glitch in ratchet and clank 1 or any other ingame glitch for faster ranking. You arent legit!

If you used savefile's, you arent legit.

If you ever changed the date for trophies, You arent legit, (its ment to do at that time, not earlier with a changed time)

If you ever let someone else get only a single trophy for you, you arent legit.

If you ever boosted trophies, you cant call yourself legit, compares to savefile users

If you dont agree with this, you dont have any right to call out on hackers.

Savefile users arent hacker btw, so another reason to shut the fuck up. Only the exploder guys are hackers.

If you call people using a save file "cheaters" Than all of this above points are cheating!

BTW: i still dont care about my leaderboard position, but i never hacked anything myself, and worked hard on a few games where i been on the fastest time top 20 or top 20 first position. Should make it that people are still in there on there legit games. It hasnt anything to do with hacks, and you never know the story from people that had socom/feul 2-3 years ago, that have over hundreds of platinums by now, so you cant judge on that

How can you possibly believe what you're saying. Using someone else's save file to unlock trophies on your account is vastly different than boosting or taking advantage of a workaround in a game because you're doing those yourself. Using someone else's save to instantly get every trophy is hacking. Xploder is more of a hack because it's actually you who's altering the save file but using someone's else's save that you did no work on is hacking. And no moderator is going to read through 1000's of sob stories about other people hacking games for them and all that because it's just one person's word against a hack. The only clear evidence is the hack, the legitimacy of your word is impossible to tell. It's much harder to tell apart the Xploder hackers whereas it's easy to spot people using save files. How can you say that using someone else's save file that you don't have to do any work isn't considered hacking?

And btw, if you look on your profile it say flagged for cheating not flagged for hacking. I really don't see what you're trying to prove here because if your list applied 99% of people would be removed for boosting.

Edited by mattybell2117

Everyone who still complain about hackers didnt get there trophies legit. They didnt get only the hacked trophies legit.

If you used in game glitches like the bolt glitch in ratchet and clank 1 or any other ingame glitch for faster ranking. You arent legit!

If you ever changed the date for trophies, You arent legit, (its ment to do at that time, not earlier with a changed time)

If you ever boosted trophies, you cant call yourself legit, compares to savefile users

Savefile users arent hacker btw, so another reason to shut the fuck up. Only the exploder guys are hackers.

If you call people using a save file "cheaters" Than all of this above points are cheating!

BTW: i still dont care about my leaderboard position, but i never hacked anything myself, and worked hard on a few games where i been on the fastest time top 20 or top 20 first position. Should make it that people are still in there on there legit games. It hasnt anything to do with hacks, and you never know the story from people that had socom/feul 2-3 years ago, that have over hundreds of platinums by now, so you cant judge on that

So your saying everybody who has the R&C1 platinum isn't legit?...lol

All R&C Trophies Excluding That Take Me About 20 Hours But If I Didn't Glitch That One, It Would Have Taken About 2 Weeks To Get Legit...

I do wish i could use other people's/My own but on a different account save files w/o the trophies all popping and ruining your account, I used to always do it on PS2

I feel like the SOCOM save file trophy glitch is not considered hacking but cheating. I have never hacked any game(s) and all of my games are legit besides the SOCOM plat.

If I could remove that Socom platinum ; I would gladly do so. Personally, I thought my close friend just wanted to play some online matches then all of sudden 30+ trophies popped up after each other trophy and knew that something wasn't right. Though, thought it was fishy that he said that he needed his USB flash drive to play his SOCOM stats on my account.

I feel the SOCOM plat is extremely rare now and glad to see people were dedicated to earning this, but I would prefer my stats to be intact, but not on SOCOM per say.

Though, I guess what I'm saying is ... there are some people that are labeled as a "Cheater" when they truly aren't one.

PS ... no complaining , just my 2 cents.

Yeah, that old cheat which may or not be intentional will bite a lot of people, and correct that it is not a hack. I have the SOCOM mistake myself. Its been on my fastest platinum slot and we didn't even need red tape to point that out. I'd always answer and take responsibility for it, and yes I wish that stain was never there and stats erased. Regardless of a flag, I don't need to question a pal like MainComp above, people's character and trophy histories will speak for themselves.

I thought Sly was going with a partial-flag since that was the direction headed in the last thread, but I'm not complaining. In-fact I'm glad something was done to weed cheater spam out of the recent lists as it bothered everyone, including myself. Even my WKC platinum earned in 2010 is more rare, so of course i'm on-board and know what it feels like. Thanks again Sly.

So your saying everybody who has the R&C1 platinum isn't legit?...lol

All R&C Trophies Excluding That Take Me About 20 Hours But If I Didn't Glitch That One, It Would Have Taken About 2 Weeks To Get Legit...

I do wish i could use other people's/My own but on a different account save files w/o the trophies all popping and ruining your account, I used to always do it on PS2

you are retarted ps2 never had trophies

you are retarted ps2 never had trophies

Stop calling people retarded. It only makes yourself look bad.

Who are you? Oh wait, your Roughdawg4 his bitch right? he should be banned from the leaderboard for playing with multiple people on 1 account, cause its against sony his rules to share acount

Now hte hackers will be removed, make the leaderboard 100% perfect than, instead of only taking a few things out of the way

Roughdawg would be banned just like all the other hackers if he had hacked. He hasn't therefore he isn't banned.

And since you seem to have all the answers, how exactly do we make the leaderboard 100% clean? If you have a method to search through 735,000+ profiles to determine who boosted, please, share it with all of us. Otherwise, and I say this with the utmost respect, shut up. You're doing nothing but insulting people and putting forth ridiculous suggestions that can't possibly be reinforced.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by mattybell2117

I didnt say boosters need ot get banned. its pretty hard to read is it? I sayd you cant call yourself legit against cheaters if you boost. Use your f eyes

Who cares if he hacked or not, he is going against the rules himself, which makes him the biggest p*ssy on earth cause of trying to get everyone out of the way the dirty way.

Thanks for posting a video for your own actions.

Hi sly, good job on those hackers, but be fair, teams need of the leaderboard aswell

Your exact words are:

So if you "can't call yourself legit", then what are you? I really don't understand what you're trying to say.

Either way, if people have problems with the current system, don't whine about it, put forth some ideas on how to improve it. Putting forth ridiculous ideas that can't possibly be enforced is pointless. Please only post constructive/respectful feedback that is enforceable to a reasonable extent.

Boosting isn't cheating, you can't even define boosting. You could try and define it as "helping each other to gain trophies" but is that really any different than saying "this trophy needs 10 knife kills so I'm only going to kill people with a knife"? When you aim for a specific trophy you're effectively boosting it for yourself.

Hunting for trophies != cheating.

• Like 4

Boosting isn't cheating, you can't even define boosting. You could try and define it as "helping each other to gain trophies" but is that really any different than saying "this trophy needs 10 knife kills so I'm only going to kill people with a knife"? When you aim for a specific trophy you're effectively boosting it for yourself.

Hunting for trophies != cheating.

That was why I was eager to find out what his suggestion on how to catch boosters is. I played online with friends in BF3 to reach colonel and I play better with my friends in my squad, thereby cutting down the time it took me to get that trophy. Does this mean I'm cheating? It's just ridiculous what some people come up with.

first timer here

cheater lol

waiting for the happy & welcoming community to give me a proper welcome :awesome:

anyway to those who are going to blame me for this being my first post

i want to say in my defence that i wanted to post many times but i couldn't log in

thx to sly for helping with that & yes i should have asked how to sooner, no excuse there

but i m an active member of 2 other communities if that means anything lol

i been following this since it started so i dont really know where to start from :S

i ll write some & then you can start attacking me ok? :yay:

1. some kid said "now trophy hunting its fun again" so you being positioned 156.000th in the world was because

of the 3.700 that got flagged or because you only have 4 platinums?! Yay now you are 152.300th :yay:

2. how more than one person in one account isn't the same as using a save? somebody else did the job in both cases right?

3. to gamerm - get a life is what noobs that cant earn trophies say to those who can! try earning the rest 77 i earned legit

4. i m not complaining but going from complete tolerance to absolute intolerance is a bit extreme imo and anyway i would

be fine with it if the system was foolproof but lets not kid ourselves; how many you people think got flagged of all cheaters? 30% maybe

so stop taking it out on this 30% and try to find ways to catch the rest 70%

to whoever says its impossible i ll answer i know! so stop taking it out on the 30 you caught still goes :rolleyes:

Your solution makes no sense. I'm confident that more than 30% of the cheaters were caught. Granted it's not 100%, but it's more than 30%. I always go back to the same rebuttal when I hear the argument of "you'll never catch em all, why bother?" or something along those lines. What if you see a murder take place? Are you going to report it because it's wrong or are you going to say to yourself, "well, they'll never catch every murderer so why even bother reporting this guy?". Hopefully, you'll report the murder because it's the right thing to do and will hopefully prevent other murders in the future. Same thing with cheating, if you do nothing, the problem will just get worse. This is a fantastic start and I'm certain more people will be removed once the manual report function is introduced. How bout YOU try to find ways to stop "the other 70%" and report back when you've got a solution. As far as the solution in place now, anyone who's been flagged has 100% definitely hacked at least 1 game.