Report: Call of Duty: Ghosts 2 Leaked By U.K Magazine, Release Date Confirmed

kidson2004

maxresdefault-5-1-725x375.jpg

The next Call of Duty title is going to be Call of Duty: Ghosts 2 and it is due for release in November 2016. Well, that is if this article by a U.K magazine is to be taken seriously.

If you think of it though, it all adds up. Fraghero was sent this scanned copy of the image by a reader going by the name Mari Fernett. Upon request, Mari was happy to speak with us and told us the magazine in question is the February issue of Games TM and the game was mentioned under a feature called “2016 Most Wanted Games”.

fraghero4.jpg

As you can see, the author of the article mentions Call of Duty: Ghosts 2 among the most anticipated games for 2016 and says that Infinity Ward needs to really step up its game if it is to reach the level it did with the Modern Warfare games.

Now, let’s go back a bit. Considering the issue is of February, it went to print sometime in January this year and the article must have been written even earlier. We assume around mid-Jan.

Games-TM.jpg

As we all know Activision actually confirmed that the next Call of Duty was being made by Infinity Ward on February 11 during an investors call, the developers of the Modern Warfare games as well as Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Games TM is a respected magazine which has been operational for a long time and although it certainly seems like a gaffe from its end, it does add up with everything that followed. The author might just have forgot that the game wasn’t officially confirmed yet and somehow it went past the editors too.

Here is the full transcript of the magazine –

When creative strategist Robert Bowling exited Infinity Ward in 2012, he put the departure down to the studio doing “too much ‘pew pew’ not enough new new.” We got a look at what he meant with the release of Call of Duty: Ghosts – a solid, yet unspectacular next-gen debut for the franchise. Infinity Ward will have had three years to work on a follow up, and it needs to showcase the same creative spark that once put in on the map with Modern Warfare back in ’08 if it wants any chance of standing shoulder to shoulder with Sledgehammer and Treyyarch.

Interestingly, the same article also mentions a new Need for Speed game, Battlefield 5 (a leak suggested it was set in World War 1) and Destiny 2. Although it doesn’t give out any new details. It marks Destiny 2 to be released near the end of 2016 thoughcall_of_duty_ghosts_activision_infinity_

Whatever it is, this certainly suggests that the game Infinity Ward is working on right now is a sequel to Call of Duty: Ghosts. The ending of Ghost also hinted towards a sequel and we might be getting one this year.

The release date also fits in line with the annual Call of Duty release schedule so it is safe to assume Call of Duty: Ghosts 2 will be releasing in November 2016.

It will be interesting to see how Infinity Ward carries the series forward and when an official announcement would be made.

We’ve tried to reach out to both Activision and Infinity Ward regarding this story and would update it if either of them chooses to respond.

http://fraghero.com/report-call-of-duty-ghosts-2-leaked-by-u-k-magazine-release-date-confirmed/

Hm, truth be told, I liked Ghosts, so let's see if this is legit.

• Like 1

I honestly wish extinction mode isn't in it. I prefer zombies and spec ops over extinction any day. But I know they will probably add it in anyways because it's in the first Ghost. As for the game as a whole, I will probably buy a copy someday but I am in no rush. I don't even have a PS4 yet... -_-

I don't want to be one of those haters that shits on the franchise just because it's CoD, but hearing rumors and even seeing the new CoD get announced is about as entertaining and exciting as watching a Dog piss on a fire hydrant.

Also is Activision really just going to stick with the same name until they count to three? They should ditch "Ghosts" and call it something different imo because Ghosts was an all time low point for CoD.

Edited by Blue Flare

Also is Activision really just going to stick with the same name until they count to three? They should ditch "Ghosts" and call it something different imo because Ghosts was an all time low point for CoD.

You'd think that, but no, they proved they could go way lower with the hot mess called "Black Ops 3".

I honestly wish extinction mode isn't in it. I prefer zombies and spec ops over extinction any day. But I know they will probably add it in anyways because it's in the first Ghost. As for the game as a whole, I will probably buy a copy someday but I am in no rush. I don't even have a PS4 yet... -_-

Truth be told, I enjoyed Extinction mode. Once you ran through the level a few times, you get the hang of it. Looking forward to this on the PS4.

I'm actually excited, I don't know why though lol. 

They should ditch "Ghosts" and call it something different imo because Ghosts was an all time low point for CoD.

I'm really surprised that Acty would continue the "Ghosts" series, maybe this is their last ditch attempt to save it? 

You'd think that, but no, they proved they could go way lower with the hot mess called "Black Ops 3".

A lot of people (mostly COD fanatics) I spoke to about this game said that the Sony partner deal saved this game. A lot of them felt like BO3 lacks in so many things compared to BO1 and BO2. 

I really do hope that Acty makes a BO1 and BO2 remaster. :(

Edited by FlareXV

I should really stop hoping that "the next Call of Duty" for this year, will be coming to Wii U, shouldn't I?

Come on, Spidy. You have more chance of getting a million aussie dollars thrown into your face than the Wii U has of getting a COD port. 

Edited by FlareXV

Im not quite sure if I should be glad or not since this is the only game that has no super jumps nor slide boosters but I fear they might implemented it to their sequel. Plus hearing that this game wasn't good at all, they gonna need to find a good way to persuade us of buying this. If not , Patton could save me..

A lot of people (mostly COD fanatics) I spoke to about this game said that the Sony partner deal saved this game. A lot of them felt like BO3 lacks in so many things compared to BO1 and BO2.

As a old cod fan I think that's not true. In fact Bo 3 has even more things/features than bo1-2 but people will never say it's better than those games because.. nostalgia.. Still black Ops 3 was able to get the really bad exo movements (AW) and adjust them for a more dynamic game.

OP: No way Activision is so stupid to continue the ghost series.