Rumor: This year's Call of Duty is set in space

I'm not one to judge before seeing but considering the recent record of CoD this is another meeh.Futuristic setting doomed CoD,until it returns to the modern setting like Modern Warfare...it'll continue to be crappy.I for one am happy with this cuz that means I will continue to not buy CoD and I love the idea that I ain't supporting that shit lol. 

So, this brings me back to Battlefield: Hardline and why I enjoy playing it.

Since AW, the MP side of the game is littered with ways to traverse the maps beyond the known meta I've played for years. The best part of the CoD meta before hand is simple: it's been the most solid for a decade. The game remains to be near the top every year because whether you like it or not, CoD just has some of the most natural FPS multiplayer of any franchise. And that's fine to hate on, but don't argue it. I'm not gonna pretend that I suck with the new movement, because sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. But it doesn't feel like CoD to me and why I didn't stay in those MP for longer than I needed to.

Ghosts was a different thing. The spawn system was the shittiest I've seen in my whole life. But, Ghosts did do space combat. Twice. Also, the campaign was way too easy on Veteran. I don't even think WaW grenade spam could've helped make that difficult. Bad IW, bad!

The next CoD has been called Ghosts 2, and with this, rumoured to be in space, super futuristic space. This can only mean one thing to me: more deviation from the CoD meta that I personally love. And so, I play Hardline. A lot of you call it shitty, but it's about as close to a good CoD game on PS4 that I can get.

At the very least, tell me what the hell happened with Logan and Rex. That was a good cliffhanger to be honest. I mean, you literally shoot the bastard and he still manages to survive the crash while being underwater. Just goes to show how powerful the brainwashing tech was. Oh, spoilers? Whatever...

I can't wait to play on Uranus! (seriously, no one has made this joke yet? I'm disappointed)

Too bad the name of that planet is properly pronounced with stress on the first syllable and not the second as commonly thought, rendering that joke completely meaningless.

• Like 1

Yay, A homoerotic space adventure for 13 year olds with sugar daddy syndrome! I hope it has a poker machine to spend lots of cash on for DLC even if you have the season pass just like B03. Let me guess, no dedicated servers so we can split screen and ruin for everyone with our lag? And last of all,, Your mom

All of this complaining and it will still probably be the best selling game of this year lol

Amazing with what just a name can do.

Its only best selling because parents buy it for their kids every year. Im starting to think developers are targeting the younger audience now even though they shouldn't be playing them. 

Its only best selling because parents buy it for their kids every year. Im starting to think developers are targeting the younger audience now even though they shouldn't be playing them. 

Well yeah, that's been a problem for years now. I don't even know why they bother with the ratings anymore since most parents don't seem to give a shit about them.

• Like 1

All of the wars and conflicts they can exploit to make 20 or 30 Call of Duty games and most probably they're gonna throw a "Halo" clone. Hell, i'm even getting a picture of a level in the game shooting enemies just like in the Dead Space franchise or even in the first Wolfenstein for PS3 when you actívate that anti gravity device.

All of this complaining and it will still probably be the best selling game of this year lol

Amazing with what just a name can do.

That all depends on how good it actually is, B03 being the most playable since B02 in the eyes of the cod community. If it's shit like AW it may sell a few on release days but not a best selling game of the year. It is now for kiddies, the stories and themes, not to mention the techno colored warriors. I'm quite sure most frequent cod players are truly sick and tired of the future set up, I call the article a hoax. Activision would be insane to release another cod that isn't based off an actual war or suggested wars like Waw and mw1/2.  

Sure is a whole lot of hate when literally zero information about the game is known. 

Parker

Fair enough. I think it has been confirmed as Ghosts 2 according to a Eurogamer scan (I think I saw Battlefield 5 on the composite page).

At the very least, despite my salt over the original Ghosts and where the series is headed, I will still play it and I hope the spawns in MP aren't the chinese footrub I remember from the original.