Don't buy this digitally

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm in the NA region and I seem to be getting mixed reactions here. I bought the physical game (it's currently on my profile with 0% completion), and I see there's also a digital version of this. There are 3 separate games digitally, and then there's also the digital trilogy. Eventually I want to stack this game (PS4 physical with plat along with the 3 separate non-plat lists). In order to get the 3 non-plat lists, do I have to buy the games individually or am I safe to buy the digital trilogy pack?

On 5/29/2019 at 1:52 PM, i-kicked-a-brit said:

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm in the NA region and I seem to be getting mixed reactions here. I bought the physical game (it's currently on my profile with 0% completion), and I see there's also a digital version of this. There are 3 separate games digitally, and then there's also the digital trilogy. Eventually I want to stack this game (PS4 physical with plat along with the 3 separate non-plat lists). In order to get the 3 non-plat lists, do I have to buy the games individually or am I safe to buy the digital trilogy pack?

I bought the trilogy pack digitally from Canadian PS store in Feb 2017 and it is just 3 separate games, no platinum. If I had known there was no platinum I wouldn't have bought it, sigh. Currently considering trying to find the physical version for a decent price.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes

On 5/29/2019 at 10:52 AM, i-kicked-a-brit said:

In order to get the 3 non-plat lists, do I have to buy the games individually or am I safe to buy the digital trilogy pack?

I just bought the digital trilogy pack in the NA store and it's three separate games, no platinum. It should say [Bundle] in the store but it's hard to see with the light background. I decided I'd rather +3 to completed to completed games, maybe stack later.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

EDIT: NA Store digital purchase comes as 3 separate, non-plat games

So from a quick glance on everyone’s profiles here, it seems as though the EU digital version comes with the platinum, whereas the NA digital version comes as 3 separate lists. From the looks of it, in order to get the platinum version in NA, you need the physical copy of the game. Buying the digital version from the NA store will actually get you the 3 separate games/lists. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

So from a quick glance on everyone’s profiles here, it seems as though the EU version comes with the platinum, whereas the NA comes as 3 separate lists (in terms of a digital purchase). From the looks of it, in order to get the platinum version in NA, you need the physical copy of the game, whereas buying the digital version from the NA store will actually get you the 3 separate games/lists. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I can confirm the NA part, you have to buy the disc version.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Decided to bite the bullet myself since the trilogy was on sale in the NA store. I can confirm that the digital version in the NA store comes with 3 separate lists. I would take a screenshot and post it on here but idk how to do it and I don’t wanna create an imgur account. Anyway, you can see the games in my list as proof!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ScottishNub said:

How come i have the trilogy pack digitally and it has a platinum is this only a NA thing or did i just get lucky

Reading through some comments on this page yes it seems that way. The EU Digital Version gives you the Plat list and the NA digital Version gives you the 3 separate lists

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
20 minutes ago, Henrique_D_M said:

Wait, so if I dont have any of the stand alones, this version will have the platinum?

Here is the answer just 2 post above:

On 5.07.2020 at 5:23 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

Reading through some comments on this page yes it seems that way. The EU Digital Version gives you the Plat list and the NA digital Version gives you the 3 separate lists

Edited by WiktorM101

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, gabrielexodia198 said:

if i buy assassins creed chronoicles on a europe account can i play on an american account afterwards?

Yes, you can.

I did it in 2021. Just make sure your current PS4/PS5 is activated as primary on your European PSN account.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/04/2016 at 4:24 AM, madbuk said:

So, I got some money on my NA PSN account today thanks to my brother, and I was exploring the store and saw this game on sale (Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy). I intend to stack every version - all 3 standalone, + the two platinums, so I figured I should pick this up since I would get around to it eventually anyway.

It wasn't what I thought it was. Instead of being one game with a platinum, it gave me 3 separate downloads - the stand-alone trophy lists. Now, because I intend to stack, this wouldn't have been much of a problem... if I didn't already own China as a stand-alone. As it is, I feel like I just blew a load of money because, honestly, I feel like the labeling wasn't clear enough. It said it was the Trilogy, the platinum trophy list is called the trilogy, 2+2, right? Nope.

Just a warning for anybody wanting the platinum in this in the future, or for people who have already bought the stand-alones separately.

When I originally bought it, I got the trilogy pack so idk what happened

1 hour ago, snoop_doug213 said:

When I originally bought it, I got the trilogy pack so idk what happened

The European version of the game features a platinum trophy. And, to my knowledge, Australian PSN generally gets European version of games.

• 1 month later...

This may have been an unintended problem with the NA store at one point.  I bought the trilogy pack on the NA store in a sale within the last 6 months and it gave me a single trilogy pack download.. I popped the first trophy and I have the platinum list on my profile.  Seems that this is no longer an issue with the NA store and if you want the individual no plat lists you have to buy those individual games separately from the trilogy pack.

• 3 months later...

I'm not so sure they fixed it.  I bought the trilogy pack during a sale and all I have in my library is the China episode.  Fairly upset when I found this out.  It's listed in my library as the trilogy pack, but India and Russia are nowhere to be found.  If I go back on the store it says the trilogy pack is unavailable because I own a conflicting title and won't let me buy it.

• 3 months later...