Any words of motivation for Trophy Hunters?

Dark771

You want some encouragement to trophy hunt? Ok here's some:

*points gun to your head*

Get that platinum or else! I want to see that 100% or I pull the trigger!

How's that for encouragement?  :P

(By the way, that's what trophy hunting sometimes feels like for me)

Edited by me_is_caveman

"If you have a massive backlog of games stop buying more and if you have plenty to be playing on one of the 3 consoles already stick with it and catch up with the games rather than buying a 2nd or 3rd console or handheld adding another 50+ games you want to complete."

Even though I've had a PS4 since launch I'm always more motivated to either replay 7th gen games I already played before on Xbox 360 or my first PS3 account from 2008 or catching up and playing 7th gen games I never got around to and I just counted I got 17 retail PS4 games I haven't touched yet on my shelf and probably close to 25 if I count bargains I bought digitally waiting to be played, The problem is I still got around that many PS3 games also to be playing that I want to clear out so I can finally retire it and no longer have it hooked up to the TV.

Having a PS3/PS4/Xbox 360/Xbox One and Wii U all hooked up to the TV takes a lot of space and time :P

It's a great feeling to beat a game and getting a plat and maybe 100% as virtual reward. :)

But playing games just for the trophies is something that sucks for me.

Cuz I would never throw my hard earned money into the greedy hands of an publisher who created a shitty game.

In the end its all about having fun by playing games. The trophies r a nice challenge to go through and making a game bigger, greater in my opinion and sometimes its better sold just because of the trophies (yeah I was talking about u The Order:1886 :P )

Cheers! B) B) B)

I would say play what you want, don't force yourself to 100 percent a game you don't really want to. I tried to force myself to hundred percent destiny of spirits before it closed. I didn't, but I was miserable pretty much the whole time, I was short 1 trophy but I was OK with that and I still am, so I just trophy hunt the games I want, if I can't get a trophy, I can't get it. There is no sense in trophy hunting if you are not having fun.

Edited by lloydelric
  • Like 1

trophies are trophies...life is life...remember that if you're not #1 on the leaderboards then there will always be someone better than you...if %100 is your thing then do it and try to get the most enjoyment out of it...if not, then be happy with where you're at...as far as words of motivation, if you don't like a game then put it down and come back to it after a while when you're ready...some games will require building up a certain amount of skill and knowledge before being able to tackle some of the harder trophies...some will require a massive grind...some will require co-ordinating with other people...and some may be glitchy and feel like hard work...the good ones make the bad ones seem worse but without the bad ones there would be no good ones...inthe end, let's hope that your life outside of gaming is as good or better than your trophy collection...

• 4 weeks later...

Never give up on a trophy you plan to earn. Keep practicing and eventually all the hard work will pay off. Also, play what you want to play, meaning play games you are really into. I made a mistake once when I accidentally bought AC: Syndicate and gave up like halfway through. I sometimes do not plan to go 100% for a game but I still feel accomplished when I get over 50% or close to 100%. Also, do not force yourself to try and earn every trophy in the game you are playing because later on you will get frustrated with the trophies and eventually give up on the game you are playing. So remember, have fun, don't stress and of course trophy hunt to your hearts content.