Unthinkable II 10 laps

This is the only thing I need for the platinum I've tried so many times I've lost count I don't know how I'm not getting this I do almost perfect laps and I can't get my lap time better Than 30 second. Best I've got for the race is 4.55 5sec short but don't know how I can do better. I've watch the video but does not say much I pretty much did want they do but not working. Any trick you can give me is welcome

Consistence, once you start use the first 2 turbos, take the 3rd, but don't use it. Take the 4th turbo and use it once you pass the last bend. Take the 5th and use it to reach the end of the track. Rinse and repeat 10 times. I did 4:47 in my 3rd attempt. 

Hope this helps. 

Only thing that I remember that I needed to do was being really aggrecive with the boosts.. other then that only stock boosts to use in the start/finish line straight, there's one in the final chicane that you can stack with the one right before the jump to use in that straight, stack the boost at the end of the first straight with the one on the start of the second straight, and use right away the other  boosts in the second straight (brake close to the turn after that or you will overshoot it), most of the other boosts should be used as soon as you get them..

Other then that, practice and clean laps.. try to aim for 29 second lap times (first lap will be somewhat slower..).

PS: I didn't watched the vid, so it's possible that I only put into words the stuff shown in the vid..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

The trick is to grab the boost, cut corners and take the jumps carefully.

At the start of the race take the first boost on the left (the ? bubble), take the first corner so you line-up perfectly for the 2nd boost...now use your first boost, there is no need to save your first boost on this semi-straight.

After picking up your second boost use it immediately. Now you come to the 2nd corner (the one where the picknick basket is), break a little before taking this corner so you won't jump and slide off the track and don't forget to pick the boost.

Now use your third boost and take the long bend towards the bridge/jump, break a little before taking this jump and make sure not to land next to the bridge (since it will reset you back on track infront of the bridge and you'll lose precious time.)

After the bridge you can cut the corner in a straight line towards the next jump (you'll see the spareribs in the corner)...break a little before taking this jump, so you won't slide off track or against the walls.

Cut the chicane in a straight line and grab the boost on the last jump...use it to boost to the finish. 

Repeat this every lap.

this should do the trick to get you the time you need. Good luck ;)

• Like 1

The trick is to grab the boost, cut corners and take the jumps carefully.

At the start of the race take the first boost on the left (the ? bubble), take the first corner so you line-up perfectly for the 2nd boost...now use your first boost, there is no need to save your first boost on this semi-straight.

After picking up your second boost use it immediately. Now you come to the 2nd corner (the one where the picknick basket is), break a little before taking this corner so you won't jump and slide off the track and don't forget to pick the boost.

Now use your third boost and take the long bend towards the bridge/jump, break a little before taking this jump and make sure not to land next to the bridge (since it will reset you back on track infront of the bridge and you'll lose precious time.)

After the bridge you can cut the corner in a straight line towards the next jump (you'll see the spareribs in the corner)...break a little before taking this jump, so you won't slide off track or against the walls.

Cut the chicane in a straight line and grab the boost on the last jump...use it to boost to the finish. 

Repeat this every lap.

this should do the trick to get you the time you need. Good luck wink.png

Mostly this. There are a few extra boosts, but sometimes a clean corner is more important than grabbing a boost (especially true for the hairpin corner).

You can actually miss quite a few boosts and still easily clear this. My record is 4:42, and that wasn't a perfect run. I have re-done it this morning, and uploaded a 4:44. I haven't looked at the guide video, so this might be the same/similar.

General tips

• don't boost going into a corner, boost coming out.
  • try to hold the boost for use in a straight line
  • line yourself up for the next boost before activating the one you picked up
  • the only useful cut is to take the debris out from the final turn leading to the big jump

Boosts

1. on the left of the track from the start - grab it, but hold until you are around the corner, then activate to collect boost 2
  2. use immediately upon collecting
  3. collect, but don't use - save until you are around the hairpin
  4. try to grab this as you go around the hairpin, but don't worry if you miss it - activate 3/4 or the double as soon as you are around the hairpin
  5. collect this before going up the ice cube twist, but don't activate yet
  6. this is on the down side of the ramp - try to line up towards it before activating boost 5, then collect it while boosting, activate immediately while turning towards the ramp (I miss this one ~50% of the time - it's not a big deal if you do)
  7. try to nab this on the up ramp towards the ribs, but again not crucial if you miss it - don't activate it
  8. collect this as you go through the meat chicanes, again don't activate yet - once you clear the chicanes and are on the ramp, line up towards the boost at the top then activate (you may have a double boost if you got #7)
  9. on the ramp, you should pick this up as you jump, activate once you land and are headed towards the finish line

In my video run, which is certainly not flawless, I miss #4, 6 & 7 a fair bit. These are not crucial, but I think a sub 4:40 would easily be acheivable with a flawless run.

The key is getting the max effect from the boost, avoiding drifting, and keeping a smooth line

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

i would suggest taking away the cars armour (if you have added any) - this seems to make the car a bit faster, perhaps because it makes it lighter?

Stay tight in corners, specifically the very first corner and the one where there is a drop of....

Try and boost out of the area with ice cubes and over the bridge - if you can hit the nitro boost there it will help but i missed it at least five times.

ALWAYS get the first nitro boost as you go up toward the steaks, (slow down a little bit if you need to as the gain that boost gives is worth it) boost and apex the corners through the S bend - this makes almost a straight line through the steaks and saves 1/4 - 1/2 a second each lap.

As the poster above said, knock the tomatoes etc out of the way once you exit the steaks, and then get the next nitro boost at the big jump but don't use it till you land.

A car without any armour will save 3 - 5 seconds over the ten laps, apexing the steaks will gain you another 2 - 5 seconds, and you can bust the 10 laps with at least 5 seconds to spare.

Took me ages to figure it.

• 4 months later...

Mostly this. There are a few extra boosts, but sometimes a clean corner is more important than grabbing a boost (especially true for the hairpin corner).

You can actually miss quite a few boosts and still easily clear this. My record is 4:42, and that wasn't a perfect run. I have re-done it this morning, and uploaded a 4:44. I haven't looked at the guide video, so this might be the same/similar.

General tips

• don't boost going into a corner, boost coming out.
  • try to hold the boost for use in a straight line
  • line yourself up for the next boost before activating the one you picked up
  • the only useful cut is to take the debris out from the final turn leading to the big jump

Boosts

1. on the left of the track from the start - grab it, but hold until you are around the corner, then activate to collect boost 2
  2. use immediately upon collecting
  3. collect, but don't use - save until you are around the hairpin
  4. try to grab this as you go around the hairpin, but don't worry if you miss it - activate 3/4 or the double as soon as you are around the hairpin
  5. collect this before going up the ice cube twist, but don't activate yet
  6. this is on the down side of the ramp - try to line up towards it before activating boost 5, then collect it while boosting, activate immediately while turning towards the ramp (I miss this one ~50% of the time - it's not a big deal if you do)
  7. try to nab this on the up ramp towards the ribs, but again not crucial if you miss it - don't activate it
  8. collect this as you go through the meat chicanes, again don't activate yet - once you clear the chicanes and are on the ramp, line up towards the boost at the top then activate (you may have a double boost if you got #7)
  9. on the ramp, you should pick this up as you jump, activate once you land and are headed towards the finish line

In my video run, which is certainly not flawless, I miss #4, 6 & 7 a fair bit. These are not crucial, but I think a sub 4:40 would easily be acheivable with a flawless run.

The key is getting the max effect from the boost, avoiding drifting, and keeping a smooth line

I think someone has OCD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

How to beat 4:42 post patch confirmed:

1. Equip Centurion wheels.

2. Lap 1, ram ice blocks out from under ramp just after first turn.

3. Lap 2, use ramp to access overpass, carefully break pink flashing box/lighter at the end using wheels.

4. Laps 3-10, use ramp to access overpass, turn right, then boost jump down to the grey bridge.

5. Get relatively easy sub 4:42 time. I got 4:36.38 on like 3rd or 4th try with a far from perfect run.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2017 at 2:25 AM, Narniak said:

How to beat 4:42 post patch confirmed:

1. Equip Centurion wheels.

2. Lap 1, ram ice blocks out from under ramp just after first turn.

3. Lap 2, use ramp to access overpass, carefully break pink flashing box/lighter at the end using wheels.

4. Laps 3-10, use ramp to access overpass, turn right, then boost jump down to the grey bridge.

5. Get relatively easy sub 4:42 time. I got 4:36.38 on like 3rd or 4th try with a far from perfect run.

Can confirm this shortcut works great. I just did it, after about 4 or 5 attempts getting the jump right i got a 4:25.

• 1 year later...

I guess I'm a bit late to the party but nevertheless I think all you need to do is practice your line around the track. Due to the unforgiving nature of the obstacles mistakes cost a lot of time, so consistency is the key here. Go a bit slower to make sure you don't have a crash and you'll be fine. I didn't drive perfectly here and didn't focus on getting every turbo either and yet had more than 10 seconds to spare when crossing the line. You can do it too! ?

• 4 years later...