Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - Fly Through Time (Announcement Trailer)

I already hate this game.

Seriously though, until I hear that they fixed the drop rate bullshit that was in the first game, I'm going to have to pass. I really liked Xenoverse, it was probably my favorite DBZ game, until that stupid and inconsistent grind for all of the moves.

Here's hoping they fix a few things from the 1st one: give us a SS3 transformation, add Gogeta in there and his Super Saiyan form, fixed drop rates, transformable hair (Saiyans), double xp events (I know there were a few, but announce it on the main menu), increased rates on the mentors (would have to wait weeks for certain characters to show up), heck even give us the ability to do a LSS transformation, etc. There's SO much to say to improve from the 1st one, but this will do for now.

'Twas only a matter of time after the first game's success. It had a lot of great things going for it, but I'm hoping they'll fix a lot of the issues Xenoverse 1 had. Nonetheless, I'm pretty stoked for how this is likely to turn out!

What I'm hoping gets addressed most is giving each playable race its own transformation, to differentiate them further and make Saiyans less OP. Say, humans get Kaioken, and the rest get their race-specific transformations from the series/movies, each with multiple "stages". Perhaps allow a limited amount of visual customization for forms such as Kid Majin and Frezia clansmen higher stages for the sake of personalization?

also a better name than Frieza clansmen would prolly be good to have

Seriously though, until I hear that they fixed the drop rate bullshit that was in the first game, I'm going to have to pass. I really liked Xenoverse, it was probably my favorite DBZ game, until that stupid and inconsistent grind for all of the moves.

I like DBXV but the RNG is quite brutal and is one of the major drawbacks that serves as an antithesis of how a game should play; the other is the cryptic battle win conditions. Given the lack of any in-game hints to help with the latter, a gamer must resort to trial and error or an outside source (a guide, for example) to meet certain conditions during a battle which may - in another execution of randomness - trigger a required event (e.g. Vegeta turning super saiyan) which in turn submits once again to the RNG gods when yielding the player with a reward, duplicate or not.

I don't mind some randomness but Dimps took it a bit too far for the sake of padding replay value when the amazing combat (aside from SSJ spamming) should be more than enough draw players in. 

And clothing... Should not be linked to stats. What is the point of the CAF if you can't dress your fighter to your liking without facing repercussions? 

Edited by AdventCloud7

The first one was pretty good. Although I am kind of tired of replaying through the sagas in every DB game even if they are doing the Future Trunks saga. It would be cool to have an original story. Xenoverse kind of did that, but they still did a rehash of the story just with characters getting possessed. The combat and character creation was awesome though. I wonder if we can go Super Saiyan 3 in this game or even Super Saiyan God/Blue. 

Edited by Lilseb93

I kind of hope they go for more unexpected scenarios this time and really take advantage of the whole time distortion thing like at one point in the first game you could talk to an NPC who was talking about something like a Red Ribbon android army fighting the forces of King Piccolo, that's the kind of crazy original kind of thing I wanna see this around. Like back in the I think Budokai games I remember they had these cool and funny what if scenarios like Raditz becoming a good person like Goku because of amnesia and as a result Piccolo never became a good guy or there was one that starred Zarbon of all people betraying Frieza to get the dragon balls and wish for eternal beauty. Those were great and I'd like to see more of that kind of thing.

I'm a big DB fan, but this trailer could just aswell be for Xenoverse 1, hardly anything looks changed. Almost like they're trying to sell us DLC at full retail price.

It might just be too soon after 1 to come out with a sequal.

I didn't mind it as much. I used it for a few of my "watch videos/movies while I grind" days. Definitely not the hardest game to grind and not the most time consuming. 

I didn't mind it as much. I used it for a few of my "watch videos/movies while I grind" days. Definitely not the hardest game to grind and not the most time consuming. 

I'm guessing it didn't take you as long as it did me. It took me 282 hours. It's the longest grind I've ever done.

But......but we need those RNG rant status updates again, you have to get it dood :P

• Like 3

I loved the first game. I was actually thinking when another DB game would come out the other day.

Granted there are a few things I didn't like with Xenoverse, it is still one of the best games in the series. It was nice to have a different sorta story with the corrupted enemies. Hercule kicking the shit outta me was a hell of a laugh.

I am a little concerned though that the trailer just made it look like pretty much just like Xenoverse. The scroll/dark characters/hub world. As someone Ric said above, it could easily be a trailer for the 1st game.

Aside from that, I am pumped for this game. I love DB and Xenoverse was a blast. Can't wait to add this 1 to my collection

• Like 1

They already patched the first game to make it easier AND gave you a DLC character that greatly increased the chances as well. Can't really complain. I did it over on Xbox and will probably do it again for PS4 just for the lulz.

• 4 weeks later...