Gran Turismo Sport - Release Date

HeySumbode

Via the PS Blog EU/JP/US

CEO of Polyphony Digital Kazunori Yamauchi officially announced Gran Turismo Sport on PS4 would be released on (US/JP: November 15th | EU November 16th | UK November 18th) 2016.

GT Sport is the world’s first racing experience to be built from the ground up to bring global, online competitions sanctioned by the highest governing body of international motorsports, the FIA (Federation International Automobile). Create your legacy as you represent and compete for your home country or favorite manufacturer through multiple race classes, including GT3, Prototype, Rally, and more.

Editions

Gran Turismo Sport  - Standard Edition

Box Art

26838004920_6fa566bd8c.jpg

Gran Turismo Sport - Steel Book Edition

Box Art

26496653843_47f8562336.jpg

Gran Turismo Sport - Limited Edition

• GT Sport Starter Pack (8x Cars) – Gain immediate access to cars within various race class, including GT4, Rally, and more
  • $1MM In-Game Credit – Build and customize your personalized garage
  • Livery Sticker Pack – Bonus livery of numerous brands and logos
  • 30x PS4 GT Sport Themed Avatars – Based on selected GT Sport featured vehicles
  • Racing Helmet – For your customized driver profile
  • Limited Edition Steel Book and Packaging
Box Art

26496653733_91495b519f.jpg

Gran Turismo Sport Collector’s Edition
  • Miniature model of the Mercedes-AMG GTS
  • Detailed car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital.

Box Art

26838004670_af147f0aef.jpg

Promotional Images

27112758445_da802c252a_o.jpg

27079361936_25354ebde8_o.jpg

27112773915_d62a2799cb_o.jpg

26508786483_075b210cb2_o.jpg

26507006494_9d1abcc77d_o.jpg

26507005804_b2d4c7de23_o.jpg

27079361746_3d46bac58e_o.jpg

OP

Via gematsu.com

Gran Turismo Sport will launch for PlayStation 4 on November 15 (18th for UK), Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.

The game will feature an Arcade Mode, Campaign Mode, Brand Central, Sport Mode, Livery Editor, Scapes, and social features. There are 117 events in offline mode, 137 cars, 19 locations, and 27 layouts, including a new Tokyo Express Way based on the highways of Japan. Dirt tracks will also return.

A full gameplay unveiling is planned for later today at 1:45 p.m. ET. Though some bits have already made their way online.

The information from that site was sourced from the jp playstation blog. I will update this OP with the trailer (and other info) when i get it.

KtIMpg7.png

Edited by HeySumbode
  • Like 4

All eyes, yeah I see 'em

I knew that there'll be a GTS on PS4, but wasn't sure about the release date...

EDIT: Weren't they supposed to make the series continue? Like, Gran Turismo 7

Edited by ee28max

Kids, get on the ground and praise the f**king sun, NOW!

I love Forza but I was getting sick of it being the only king of racing games. I'm really hyped for GTS. Now the concern, why so close to Pokémon Sun and Moon? Why Sony/PD, you guys are making me choose.

I'll just have to use my work holiday wisely.

Edited by FlareXV

I love Forza but I was getting sick of it being the only king of racing games. I'm really hyped for GTS. Now the concern, why so close to Pokémon Sun and Moon? Why Sony/PD, you guys are making me choose.

Eh? Gran Turismo has always been the king, and Forza been more for the casuals.

Anyway, this game looks a bit ... off to me. The cars looks great, and many of the backgrounds too, but there's certainly a lack of anti aliasing and it's like the cars aren't really driving on the ground. Many of the background things look a bit strange too...

EDIT: Weren't they supposed to make the series continue? Like, Gran Turismo 7

I'm wondering about this too. This seems more like uhm... something while they keep us waiting... Maybe to use the license they've acquired?

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

EDIT: Weren't they supposed to make the series continue? Like, Gran Turismo 7

I'm wondering about this too. This seems more like uhm... something while they keep us waiting... Maybe to use the license they've acquired?

Kotaku wrote that Polyphony is developing Gran Turismo 7 along side Sport, I guess they got that from the event or something. Just wrote it :P

Source: http://kotaku.com/gran-turismo-sport-a-spin-off-of-sony-s-long-running-r-1777571491

Looking pretty good by the way. Like it, however, does this mean GT won't make an appearence at E3? Its such a big IP that they might have to, but really with this, less than a month away they will perhaps skip E3 and do it on Gamescom/PGW and show other games? :P

Edited by MarsipanRumpan
  • Like 1

Eh? Gran Turismo has always been the king, and Forza been more for the casuals.

Anyway, this game looks a bit ... off to me. The cars looks great, and many of the backgrounds too, but there's certainly a lack of anti aliasing and it's like the cars aren't really driving on the ground. Many of the background things look a bit strange too...

Well, that's your opinion. GT is still loved and is big but Forza is running the racing scene.

I don't think the trailer did the game justice, the screen shots while beautiful were useless. I just hope they go the traditional route and not the Driveclub way.

Edited by FlareXV

I saw videos ( people from deferent countries racing each others in a contest ) of GT sport a few days ago and I really fall in love to it already

the graphics looks slightly better than GT6 but one of the commentors said Sony told them the version been used on the competition is 15% complete of the final version.

I really hope I can get a ps4 soon.

Besides the fact that I actually bought my ps4 because of this game, I just hope that it's worth all the waiting. Some people have a lot of critique on why they had to wait so long for a Gran Turismo title on ps4, especially after seeing the first gameplay video's (dunno why... I was impressed but have gt5 as my latest reference). I must say that I'm happy it will come out before all these ps4k announcement rumors. I was afraid I bought my ps4 to early to fully enjoy the next Gran Turismo.

I haven't played any Gran Turismo game before - my first PlayStation console was the PS4, I got a PS3 last year but haven't tried any of those titles yet.

That being said, I really liked Forza on the X360 and from what I gather, Forza was Microsoft's answer to Gran Turismo. I like racing games from time to time and I get the feeling that playing Gran Turismo is a must.

My two favourite racing games were open world drivers though (The Crew on number one, with Burnout Paradise being a close second), I hope I can still handle a closed circuit racer after being spoiled bij The Crew, I never finished Forza 4 because it was too much of the same and I got a bit bored by Driveclub, though that game had other problems than being a closed circuit racer.

I have high hopes for Gran Turismo Sport though, one of the reasons I'm considering VR is because this game will support it.

This game looks fucking awesome and I want it. But it's a first party Sony game which only means one thing ..

*dramatic music* Duh .. duh, duhhhhhhhh

DELAYS!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :dance:

Weren't they supposed to make the series continue? Like, Gran Turismo 7

He called it Sport because of all the "changes" from a traditional GT game, but he basically admitted it could be GT7 if you wanted to call it that.

Edited by LetsTurnJu-On

Not quite certain I should take your word as fact either.

I never said you should, lol. Forza at the moment is what Xbox PC and console users waiting for the most. Also if we are talking about games on a technical front, Forza destroys GT.

I never said you should, lol. Forza at the moment is what Xbox PC and console users waiting for the most. Also if we are talking about games on a technical front, Forza destroys GT.

Actually, that isn't the case at all. One of the most demanding and impressive things a racing sim can pull off is dynamic time and weather at 60fps. That was one of the most difficult things for the Project Cars developers to pull off and Polyphony Digital managed to do it (albeit not on all tracks) on the PS3 which is an even more amazing technical feat. 

Seeing as Gran Turismo outsells Forza, usually by a fairly significant margin, I don't think you can really say that it is the game Xbox, PC and console users are waiting for either. 

Parker