Driveclub

Hotline Miami

Dying Light

Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions

Rage

Call of Duty: World at War

BioShock 2

Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Hardline & Battlefield 4

A few of the WWE games that are now unobtainable like SvR 2011, WWE '12 & 2K14.

Edited by Banana_Sausage47

Well, I'm choosing from my Top 5:

1. WWE 2K15
  2. FIFA 15
  3. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  5. WATCH_DOGS

Some will be replaced, once I earn new Platinums lol  :P, well when my school term ends...

Edited by ee28max

My top three very rare platinums are

Blazblue: Calamity Trigger (6.73%)

Call of Duty: Black Ops (5.29%)

BioShock Infinite (8.31%)

While I enjoyed some of the other games on my list much more, these three are my only very rare platinums that were fairly difficult.

• 7 years later...

Again the same player that kicks a nice but old topic. 😄

Top 5 Proudest Very Rare Platinum Trophies:

spacer.png

1. DIRT 2: One of those games I bought at the release. It felt epic. I fought for every Trophy. Finally winning the 8 player race is something I remember vividly, because I kept failing multiple times at a certain track at the last corner where it was possible to hit a ditch. And offcourse I did that.

Also played this after getting the Platinum Trophy.

spacer.png

2. The Division - Platinum Agent 9.90%

This was a game that somehow grabbed my attention at E3. It will be always remembered as the game where you were able to close a door of a car. Ubisoft added that in the Trophylist. The first few evenings/nights I played together with a bunch of guys from a Dutch website and with my Brother.  We had a lot of fun trying to beat the main story.

spacer.png

3. Need for Speed Shift - Platinum Trophy 5.08%

The Need for Speed series went sim racing. Never expected to put this one in a list, because the Trophylist itself doesn't contain much variety. The hunt for 20 Epic Badges was no joke for me (more fan of arcade racing).

Still working on Shift 2. Hope to finish it this year.

spacer.png

4. ONRUSH - ONRUSH 7.08%

After the death of Motorstorm series this was a nice surprise. I managed to get the Platinum Trophy and finished the online Trophies in time, but I should definitely have finished the game in that same period, because some of the challenges were way more difficult without the online multiplayer. 

Still in the top 10 of the latest achievers!

spacer.png

5. Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Bad Company Elite 6.33%

Also a game that I bought around the release. Back in the day I still reviewed games and that's why I never finished, because I went onto the next game.

Glad to have grabbed the Platinum Trophy after almost 13.5 years.

Honorable mention: Rocketbirds Hardboiled Chicken (Vita - 8.54%), because everyone should play this cool game (Available on PS3/Vita/PS4).

Edited by ConAir
  • Like 2

Yakuza 5 (Ps4 - 8,86%)

1S08e4c9.png

Yakuza 3 (Ps4 - 8,36%)

1S6931e0.png

Monster Hunter Rise (Ps5 - 7,66%)

1S8ae549.png

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (Ps4 - 6,41%)

1Sbbc31b.png

Dead Space 2 (Ps3 - 6,35%)

1S904ced.png

Metal Gear Solid 2 (Ps5 - 6,21%)

1S42c740.png

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Ps4 - 5,71%)

1Se28b40.png

Unsighted (5,50%)

1Sf24297.png

Vanquish (Ps4 - no Glitch - 5,20%)

1S0771c6.png

I'm pretty sure Yakuza 5 (PS3) was 5.x% when I got it, but now it's UR so that doesn't count anymore. Took me 239 hours but I had a blast with it.

L758924.png

So that would go to The Last of Us: Remastered at 5.01% (PS4). Mainly because I spent alot of time in the multiplayer and it was also a very fun experience!

Lfd4cf0.png

A close 2nd place would be Nier. Loved that game, but it wasn't all that hard.

L7c55f3.png

Edited by kanzenchaos

Headbangers: Rhythm Royale (PS5) (5.19% PSNP Rarity Currently) (Edit: Ultra Rare now) Bought this game because it looked fun and at first some of the challenges looked just a bit too hard for me but as I played the game more for fun and got better suddenly I was able to finish the rest of them rather easily, with only one exception (getting 5 100% rounds in a row on the "Fitness" minigame...) I really enjoy playing this game and even still play it just for fun when I have a bit of time of kill. I'm interested to see what kind of challenges future dlc challenge cards offer.

Skylanders Giants (PS3) (5.28% PSNP Rarity Currently) I did a lot of the trophy things in co-op with my brother back in the day, this was my 11th Platinum Trophy so I was very new to trophy hunting so I still have some great memories of this time. We also played Spyro's Adventure in co-op as well and that was my second platinum. Sadly for various reasons (mainly $) Giants was the last Skylanders game we played in general but we had a lot of fun playing those games back then.

ICO (PS3) (6.01% PSNP Rarity Currently) My first platinum, very interesting game to have that honor. Went for it because I happened to look at the list and went "okay let's try for it" and the rest is history. The 2 Hour Speedrun took 2 tries since my first attempt I came up a bit short but the second time went smooth and none of the other trophies gave me any real trouble. I'm proud that my first platinum trophy is for such a special, unique game.

Space Tail: Every Journey Leads Home (PS4) (7.14% PSNP Rarity Currently, NA Stack) (Wall of Text Warning) Ironically the last is not only my proudest very rare platinum but one of my proudest platinums in general, I even have it in my trophy cabinet. Why? Well 2 of the trophies, for maxing out your health and shield stats, were actually believed to be unobtainable since no one had gotten them to work. The only person I could find was someone that clearly hacked the trophies on playstationtrophies ("Got" Plat in like a minute...) and not to brag but I believe every single other person (or even the same person that hacked on different accounts) that has this platinum cheated, and here's why.

I ended up figuring out why those trophies weren't unlocking the way they should be was because the game's chapter select function breaks the trophy progress somehow. So the way to get them is to delete everything (not sure if that's really necessary but better safe than sorry) and start a brand new game and get every single upgrade on one playthrough. Why is this so hard you ask? Well two reasons: First, it's very easy to miss upgrades because you can easily accidentally progress too far in a level and be unable to go back before you've fully explored an area where you could've easily missed any (you literally can't miss a singe one in the whole game). The second, being the main reason this sucks so much, is because your save file (only one per account) is very fragile and prone to corrupting if you close out and reload the game... like, you know, when you want to back up your save? I literally did the whole second half of the game in one sitting because after corrupting twice in one level I became nearly certain I wouldn't be able to safely make another backup from there (both times I checked before backing up so when they corrupted I was able to safely reload a healthy, uncompromised backup). 

All I had to go on when doing this was that I had gotten the max amount of health and shields, being 6 and 4 respectively, on my first playthrough so using chapter select I took pictures of the exact amounts of each I had at the beginning of every level (from before I deleted everything) I would compare to make sure I didn't miss any, which I only did once fortunately (had to redo one whole level that only took like a half hour). I did this entire playthrough in one 8-ish hour session (some small breaks were taken) and I had absolutely no way of knowing this was going to be worth it and end up getting the trophies in the end or just succeeding in wasting my time on a game I wasn't even particularly enjoying that much, especially by that point. I was simply trying to platinum the game first and try and figure out what the deal was with those 2 trophies. So just imagine my satisfaction and relief when in the final level I was able to finally unlock those 2 trophies (plus platinum) after an absurd amount of effort and my insane idea (playing from first level then only using continue option) actually paying off and working in the end? Absolutely worth it, and I'm very proud to still be the only person to have this platinum (legitimately that is). I made a long post/reply in a thread in the forum under the NA Stack of this game so anyone is free to go for this one at any time... should they dare. I even still have those pictures if anyone crazy enough to be tempted to go for this one wants them.

Edited by Saxton3234
First Platinum is no longer "Very Rare" as it's since become an "Ultra Rare"