E3 2016 Discussion Thread

MMDE

How do you mean, not really a new gen?

I meant that games like Unity and Arkham Knight would not be available for PS3 (or X360, which I had at the time). As far as I know, this is still true.

I'm pretty sure "next-gen" in this case means PS4.5/Scorpio

Yup, I thought you meant that. ;p Heard some people refer to it as a new gen or something. :P It is 12 in the middle of the day, I'm going to bed now!

Edited by MMDE

I'm pretty sure "next-gen" in this case means PS4.5/Scorpio

Yup, I thought you meant that. ;p Heard some people refer to it as a new gen or something. :P It is 12 in the middle of the day, I'm going to bed now!

Yeah with new gen I just mean PS4/X1. My first paragraph (which you did not quote) was about you getting the PS4.5 if you want VR, my second paragraph (which you did quote) was about why I got a PS4 two years ago instead of waiting some more :-) I'm just calling PS4 and X1 new gen, I don't even differ between those and the updated versions. Wasn't PS4.5 just important if you wanted to play on 4K screens?

And yeah... This is kind of why I just went to sleep after the Ubisoft conference ended and just read up on Sony in the morning.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Just some thoughts on stuff from the Sony conference:

God Of War: Little disappointed. I was hyped up by some people here, thinking we'd get Egyptian mythology. Oh well. Looks like they are changing up the gameplay in a big way. I'm fine with that. If they're going to milk the name, at least they're making an attempt to keep it fresh.

Spider-Man PS4 exclusive: Uhh, what? Why? Is this Marvel throwing Sony a bone, after Sony sold the Spidey movie rights back to Marvel? Whatever it is, it looks great. Been awhile since the last good Spidey game. I hope it's good, the Batman Arkham Trilogy needs some challengers for 'Best superhero game'.

Days Gone: Immediately bored by it. This post apocalyptic zombie shit is beyond overdone. It was overdone 3 years ago when everyone lost their minds over Last of Us, and it's still overdone now. But yeah, bikers in a generic zombie world with some deep, mature, themes and blah blah blah. They didn't show any gameplay, but I'd bet money on 3rd person cover shooter with some bike riding.

Death Stranding: So this is Kojima's "fuck you" to Konami? He's going to make Silent Hills as closely as he legally can, without calling it Silent Hills. I wonder how confused Norman Reedus is with the whole situation.

Crash Bandicoot: To everyone who was disappointed with the lack of a new Crash game, calm down. These are called 'baby steps'. Crash was dead for how many years? He's finally back for Skylanders (as much as we may not care, this is huge for the character). He's also getting 3 remasters "from the ground up" (whatever that means). So while it may not be a new game, this is them testing the waters. If these remasters sell well enough to show a genuine interest in the character, expect a new Crash soon after.

Resident Evil 7: *Rant incoming* To all the people that hated on Capcom not stop for the past few years, I hope this shuts a few of you up. Every time Capcom does something minor, people made it out to be a major thing. "Oh RE Revelations 2 has microtransactions? Fuck you greedy Capcom, RE is officially dead!" They turn out to be life crystals for raid mode, which can be earned through gameplay. "OH SFV doesn't have a story mode. Fuck you Capcom, everyone plays fighting games for the story now!" They announce it will added later for free (along with everything else) and they only released the online portion early in a sense, so the competitive community could get their hands on it.

And for how many years was it "RE is dead. It'll never be survival horror again. Capcom only makes action movie games now." Completely ignoring RE Revelations 1 and 2 (which were amazing btw). Well here you go, they went back to survival horror. Not one explosion, not one cinematic action scene, not one machine gun or RPG. No, it doesn't look like traditional RE. But they're finally attempting a pure survival horror game again. I can't wait to see what people complain about this time. I swear if I hear "I miss the QTE fights", I'm gonna hit something. I'm don't even consider myself a big fan of Capcom (I like a few RE games, and I love Dragon's Dogma) but the hate is getting ridiculous.

VR: I'm still a firm believer that VR is just another fad that will die out in a year or two. Like motion controls before it. The only difference being that VR is expensive. You'll buy a new $400+ console, and $400 VR set, and a $500+ 4K TV. Ultimately, I see there being a couple horror games (see RE7), maybe a fighting game or 2, a few racing games, and some shooters. Don't expect something like Bloodborne or Last of Us or GTAV on VR. The Batman, Star Wars, and FFXV stuff they showed was simply to lure people in. They will not be full games, just small portions or missions of the games.

Days Gone: Immediately bored by it. This post apocalyptic zombie shit is beyond overdone. It was overdone 3 years ago when everyone lost their minds over Last of Us, and it's still overdone now. But yeah, bikers in a generic zombie world with some deep, mature, themes and blah blah blah. They didn't show any gameplay, but I'd bet money on 3rd person cover shooter with some bike riding.

For me (and people like me I guess), atmosphere means a lot, and if the game does it right and you go in with the right mindset, it can be great, even though it's a washed up concept. :)

I am kinda excited to play it honestly.

• Like 2

And yeah... This is kind of why I just went to sleep after the Ubisoft conference ended and just read up on Sony in the morning.

I had to stay awake, had some people work in the apartment in the morning, and couldn't go to bed some few hours after I woke up! xD

Eh? Watch the end. They did show off gameplay, quite a bit of it as well. :P

Edited by MMDE

For me (and people like me I guess), atmosphere means a lot, and if the game does it right and you go in with the right mindset, it can be great, even though it's a washed up concept. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHbP_gdfQg

I am kinda excited to play it honestly.

Oh my bad. I didn't actually get to see the full conference. I had to look some trailers up on PlayStation's Youtube page. I only saw the trailer for that I guess.

That being said, I nailed what the gameplay was going to be before I even saw it lol.

Oh my bad. I didn't actually get to see the full conference. I had to look some trailers up on PlayStation's Youtube page. I only saw the trailer for that I guess.

That being said, I nailed what the gameplay was going to be before I even saw it lol.

Still doesn't necessarily mean the game is bad tho, could just be boring to some people. :P

Edited by Harsly

HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS. 

This pressconference was so epic. From start to finish it all fell together. 

Days Gone is one of the games I need to have right now. It feels like a mix between Sons of Anarchy/The Last of Us/The Walking Dead.

God of War. It's just insane 

Horizon Zero Dawn YES please

And im even excited about VR

On Port Station? No way. It will be remaster to the core.

It just seems weird that they would "remaster" PS1 games. I mean they're still going to look awful. But I guess Square did it with FFVII, so I wouldn't put it past them.

He failed to step on the last few white tiles, though :awesome:

But damn, dat Enrigsh :awesome:

It makes me laugh to think all the effort people spent to try and make his intro look epic, and he just rushes through it. Poor guys.  xD

Do we have any confirmation on the voice actor for God of War 4? I really hope it is still Terrence C. Carson and just speaking in a slightly different tone. It wouldn't feel the same without him.

Considering the accent, the depth of his voice I highly doubt it. This is another dude.

Sorry, I wasn't awake! ;p

But they finally announced and show gameplay of Zelda?

rofl, it seems gamespot fell asleep or something during that E3 press conference. All Nintendo showed off was Pokémon Sun and Moon + new Zelda game. Great! But that was it.

Nioh trailer! :)

Definitely inspired by Dark Souls, with it's reference to you can die as many times as you want, free from death or whatever it said.

NIAR Automata! :D

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

rofl, it seems gamespot fell asleep or something during that E3 press conference. All Nintendo showed off was Pokémon Sun and Moon + new Zelda game. Great! But that was it.

It was never meant to be a conference nor a Digital Event/Nintendo Direct. They mentioned that they will just keep doing the Nintendo Treehouse Live-thingy they started with 2014 (?):

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/e3-2016-press-conference-streaming-schedule#e32016sched_showfloor_nintendo

It was never meant to be a conference nor a Digital Event/Nintendo Direct. They mentioned that they will just keep doing the Nintendo Treehouse Live-thingy they started with 2014 (?):

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/e3-2016-press-conference-streaming-schedule#e32016sched_showfloor_nintendo

Sure, but they were doing it during E3 and showing off two big new games they release.

Hopefully it's another collection for PS4 or something.

So I just watched the entire Sony conference from YouTube since I wasn't able to see it live and HOLY SHIT, that was amazing! :D The Detroit: Become Human trailer looked awesome and really got me interested. Both of those Days Gone trailers were really satisfying to watch; I'm most definitely buying that game! The announcement of Crash being remastered from the ground was brilliant, I might check that out when it releases. The Last Guardian still looked pretty interesting, though I'll probably wait till at least a little after it comes out to hear what people will think about it. Death Stranding looked ehrr... weird... :blink:, we'll see how that game plays out. The grande opening of the show, God of War, looked really cool. I've never really been that interesting in the God of War series yet but this awesome reveal definitely grabbed my interest. I still don't know what to think about Horizon: Zero Dawn. It looks interesting but I don't think I'll like it that much.

The PSVR part didn't really hype me up, neither did Resident Evil 7 (sure, pretty cool for fans of the series but not my type of game). The LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens part could have been left out in my opinion. Not because I don't like it but it just felt unnecessary to show more of that game. I'll most likely buy it in a few weeks though :P. I'm not a fan of anything Marvel related either. And lastly the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer made me confirm that I'm not going to buy that game. Really, even after that whole '2.8M dislikes on the announcement trailer' thing going on, I wanted to give Infinite Warfare a chance but this gameplay did not interest me even a bit. I'm skipping this Call of Duty.

Overall an amazing show because Sony just showed so many epic things that I'm sure there were at least a few cool things for everyone in it. Now that all conferences are over, I think Sony 'won' this year's E3.

Edited by LucasV9991

Just watched the Sony E3 press conference.

Most interesting: Detroit Become Human, seemed very good all those possible outcomes from such tiny details. Bring it on!

Le ast interesting: Horizon, meh, looked boring, seems like they run out of ideas for a good story and it's just another 3rd person shooter but the gameplay with those mechanical things seems pretty bland, we're onlyshooting robots....

Yakuza 0: Toshiro Nogoshi Interview - E3 2016:

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness - E3 2016 Launch Trailer | PS4

12 Minutes of Persona 5 Off Screen Gameplay - E3 2016

15 Minutes of Ghost Recon: Wildlands Gameplay - E3 2016

First 30 Minutes of Headlander - E3 2016

Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin Gameplay - E3 2016

ABZÛ - E3 2016 Launch Trailer | PS4

12 Minutes of We Happy Few Gameplay at E3 2016

• Like 1

As they specifically mention "EU fans" of Sonic, I assume it will be a release date for the Nintendo 3DS 3D Classics Collection they released back in April/May in USA, but not in EU.