Crash Bandicoot: PS4 Remasters Announced

smellslikejavier

Aaaaaay! Javier! It's a re-release post of yours that I have a huge boner for! :P

Holy fucking shit though, they're actually doing what we all want. This is fantastic. And if they sell well, we may get a new one that's like the old ones, and not that mutant crap the series mutated into all those years ago. 10/10 day one purchase for me.

• Like 1

Hope they fix the backtracking issues the original games had.

Backtracking issues? :S You mean the intentional running towards the screen levels? Not a whole lot of that, and it's very intentional when done. Or do you maybe mean going back to get Gems and Relics etc?

Edited by MMDE

I mean the running towards the screen levels. Were they actually intentional though? 

Yes! :P Most levels weren't like that. It was more like a gimmick of a small handful of levels. It was also used for some secrets etc in the first game. Mostly in the first game, but some in the second and third, not much though. I guess you got that impression from UC4? =P

Edited by MMDE

Gurantee there will be a "Collect ALL boxes" trophy, and with this it'll rip open my childhood traumas again:

aynDNrp_700b.jpg

That was my life story on Bandicoot!

It's even worse in the original Crash Bandicoot because you aren't allowed to die - and imo it was the hardest. Nothing like going through a brutal level without dying and missing 1 box.

• Like 2

It's even worse in the original Crash Bandicoot because you aren't allowed to die - and imo it was the hardest. Nothing like going through a brutal level without dying and missing 1 box.

Yup!

I'm all for making that part of CB1 easier, and fix the save system of CB1. Not for a whole lot more changes to be honest, but as long as the controls are fluid, I'm all for it. I preferred the controls of CB2 and CB3 over CB1 too.

Edited by MMDE

Yes! :P Most levels weren't like that. It was more like a gimmick of a small handful of levels. It was also used for some secrets etc in the first game. Mostly in the first game, but some in the second and third, not much though. I guess you got that impression from UC4? =P

Haven't played UC4 yet but whether they were intentional or not i still think the first game is the worst offender of that. 2 & 3 are still the best games for me no matter what.

Also, are those Garland's vids? I used to watch his videos regularly, sadly he doesn't update his channel that often anymore.

Haven't played UC4 yet but whether they were intentional or not i still think the first game is the worst offender of that. 2 & 3 are still the best games for me no matter what.

Also, are those Garland's vids? I used to watch his videos regularly, sadly he doesn't update his channel that often anymore.

Thought you hadn't played the games. Yes, it seems they are by Garland.

The rolling could have been done towards the side or you running forward. But they wanted you to watch the stone roll or bear run after you, and you had to make really quick decisions about where to go etc. Or adding some challenge when you go for gems etc.

I think CB1 is pretty awesome, but it's very rough around the edges, and would have been so much better with less falling off on the side in like bonus rounds or walking on top of crates etc, because you're accidentally pushing a little bit up or down on the controller while going to the side, especially when jumping. :\ Or get all crates without dying. The levels themselves are great. :D Same with the mood and just the feel of it. :)

Edited by MMDE

Did anyone else like Tag Team racing by Radical Entertainment, the same people behind the Simpsons Hit and Run?

It had both racing and platforming. Not all Crash Bandicoot games after Naughty Dog were horrible. Though it did get milked for a while i must agree.

• Like 3

Did anyone else like Tag Team racing by Radical Entertainment, the same people behind the Simpsons Hit and Run?

It had both racing and platforming. Not all Crash Bandicoot games after Naughty Dog were horrible. Though it did get milked for a while i must agree.

I loved that one too, though I like all the crash games :D

• Like 1

i love crash series . played it a lot in my childhood ! Crash 1 was hard as hell if i remember correctly . but maybe because controls were not so good? i dont know but i hope Plats for each game !  there is enough content to make Plats ! :)

Hope they fix the backtracking issues the original games had.

:facepalm:

Yup!

I'm all for making that part of CB1 easier, and fix the save system of CB1. Not for a whole lot more changes to be honest, but as long as the controls are fluid, I'm all for it. I preferred the controls of CB2 and CB3 over CB1 too.

Here's to hoping they won't change one single gameplay element of the original games.

You maybe wondering with 'smash all boxes trophy' which tbh seems very very doable, now just imagine 'gt all platinum time trail medals' that would stop a ton of people at getting he platinum trophy, including myself... I hope they don't add it

Now that'd be the icing on the cake  <3

• Like 1

Here's to hoping they won't change one single gameplay element of the original games.

The save system was a total mess. If you did a lot of bonus stuff early in the game, you almost couldn't save without doing levels perfect late in the game. That really is no good. I know I ended up in a situation like that. You also end up with few lives left, so you gotta reload the save often. So yeah, I hope they fix the save system.

You know in Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3, during bonus rounds? You know there's usually a 2D view, and you'll often find yourself walking on top of crates and whatnot. You can't just walk towards or away from the screen and fall off, but you could in Crash Bandicoot. This means that if you accidentally hold the direction button a bit off, you may fall off, and this is very likely if you jump back and forth, and depending on the controller, this might be a big issue for you. That I didn't like, that's one of the things they improved with CB2.

The character movement in CB1 is also not as fluid as in CB2 and CB3. I want fluid controls, as long as they match CB2 or CB3, I'm fine.

That's it really, the rest I want to be the same.

i love crash series . played it a lot in my childhood ! Crash 1 was hard as hell if i remember correctly . but maybe because controls were not so good? i dont know but i hope Plats for each game !  there is enough content to make Plats ! :)

Crash 1 was really easy. I replayed 1 & 2 a few years back and Crash 1 is ridiculously easy. Crash 2 was a bit harder and a lot more fun too!

I do hope there is some trophy for doing a 100% playthrough since i never really had the motivation to do that.