So the Vita wasn't even mentioned once at the E3 conference

ShadowStar83x

I guess some (Cross-Buy) games for the Vita will be shown either on the Paris Games Week or PlayStation Experience. Personally I don't mind anymore. I prefer it this way over than teasing us with Vita-announcements of below-average games (Destiny of Spirits E3 2013, anyone?). That what matters most is that the thirds who supported the Vita in past keep on supporting it and as far as I can see this is still true.

• Like 2

Technically it was mentioned there.. the same way as many PS4 titles where (that compilation vid at the end, some titles were cross-buy, or at least will be available for PS4 and Vita)..

They elaborated a bit on said titles on a blog post on the EU blog (probably it's also on the US blog).

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/06/14/all-the-announcements-from-the-playstation-e3-2016-press-conference/

But Sony said long ago that they aren't making games for the Vita, only indie developers are (and this time around, all indie content was also put into the said compilation vid, along other high profile games like Gran Turismo Sport that had it's E3 trailer reveled a week before E3 start..).

• Like 1

To be fair, Sony's stopped pretending that the Vita means a damn to them a long time ago. With that in mind, there really wasn't any expectation to be sad over. If there's anything to be surprised about, it's that the Vita is even still in production in the West (at least I think it is).

Sony only wants easy money, no surprise that Vita is not supported anymore by them, and when the PS4 Neo will be realased, they will want even more easy money, they will re-remaster the games they remaster from PS2, PS3, PSP and Vita, to 4K, and the actual games from PS4 will be remaster too, also they will want to do the same dirty job for the forthcoming remasters, I'm really pissed off since Sony only wanted to make easy money, I hope one day PS4 players that buy the Remasters that they played in PS3, will wake up from that deceit

Edited by Zeitgeist-9
  • Like 2

Honestly, I am not worried about it. It is not surprising that Sony no longer cares for Vita, but it is still alive and is receiving new games by other devs - some of them even coming west in the near future!

Its not dead. Just a shame we wont get anymore games like Golden Abyss. Not knocking the indie or Japanese developers, just would like to see more variety.

I've been tempted to buy a Vita again many times despite the countless troubles I've had with them... but at the end of the day, a Vita on it's own retails for $259 here, and an Xbox One with Minecraft, Lego Movie Game, and a choice of like Tomb Raider and Rare Replay and some other shit... is only 275 new, it's kind of like why would I want to?

I'm not surprised Vita wasn't touched on though, I'm beyond feeling sad for it though.