So the Vita wasn't even mentioned once at the E3 conference

ShadowStar83x

Let's remember that what is shown at the conferences represents only a portion of what is actually at E3. No, it wasn't on stage but why did you expect it to be? It will be represented on the floor and we will continue to get games for it from the same types of sources we have been thus far.

• Like 1

I was tempted to buy a Vita last month. I went through all the pros and cons of getting one for over 2 weeks, but I decided against it since I could count on one hand (with fingers left over) the games I actually wanted to play.

IMO, I think Sony should never have made the Vita (especially not the PSP GO). The handheld market is owned by Nintendo and mobile game companies. All that money on R&D, marketing and development costs could have been used to make the PS4 much better (better CPU, GPU, a 1TB HDD included out the gate, 4K support and backwards compatible hardware built in, etc.)

Just my thoughts, right or wrong...

Told you guys it wouldn't. Remember way back when I said my GS GM said pulling support after E3? It's a shame I will remember the vita as the system Sony f'ed up on so much potential. On a happy note Xseed is out today on the floor so the Japanese vita games will live.

Edited by ShadowStrike002

I was tempted to buy a Vita last month. I went through all the pros and cons of getting one for over 2 weeks, but I decided against it since I could count on one hand (with fingers left over) the games I actually wanted to play.

IMO, I think Sony should never have made the Vita (especially not the PSP GO). The handheld market is owned by Nintendo and mobile game companies. All that money on R&D, marketing and development costs could have been used to make the PS4 much better (better CPU, GPU, a 1TB HDD included out the gate, 4K support and backwards compatible hardware built in, etc.)

Just my thoughts, right or wrong...

And Japan would play on what? xD

• Like 1

Told you guys it wouldn't. Remember way back when I said my GS GM said pulling support after E3? It's a shame I will remember the vita as the system Sony f'ed up on so much potential. On a happy note Xseed is out today on the floor so the Japanese vita games will live.

Sony really dropped the ball on it. It's one reason I have little faith in PSVR. If the numbers aren't as high as they thought, how long before they distance themselves from it?

actually it's not surprising at all, we never heard news or rumors about this cool! new IP or title will be shown in E3 2016 exclusively for Vita, but we do heard thousands of news about the new Gow, Resident Evil 7 as RE VR game, GT Sport and Days Gone as TLOU 2 which happen not to be TLOU 2.

With Remote Play, every PS4 game is a Vita game!

Now, if only devs gave enough of a shit to think about how they remapped their controls for Remote Play...

That my friend is the major problem with remote play on the PSVita.  Ether One I believe was the last PS4 game I played entirely using remote play on the Vita and it was fine.  However, some PS4 games would play and could be perfect for the remote play on the PSVita like Riptide GP2 but because the developers never considered remote play with the PSVita the controls are impossible as you cannot remap the buttons.  Alas, I really wish Sony would do something about that but will not hold my breath.  Also, with PC remote play I feel remote play with the PSVita will become even less of a consideration from developers.

On the PSVita itself, I still use mine almost daily and good games do still come out (volume and hitman go come to mind straight away) and there is plenty still in the back catalog to go and play.  Yes they were also on PS4 but were ideal for a handheld.  Looking forward to picking up severed soon once I finish some other games I'm playing.  I sense I'll be playing my PSVita for many years to come.

Edited by markcavan

That my friend is the major problem with remote play on the PSVita.  Ether One I believe was the last PS4 game I played entirely using remote play on the Vita and it was fine.  However, some PS4 games would play and could be perfect for the remote play on the PSVita like Riptide GP2 but because the developers never considered remote play with the PSVita the controls are impossible as you cannot remap the buttons.  Alas, I really wish Sony would do something about that but will not hold my breath.  Also, with PC remote play I feel remote play with the PSVita will become even less of a consideration from developers.

I haven't had too much experience using it, but my best Remote Play experience with a AAA game was Tomb Raider: DE. The devs mapped R/L1 to the corners of the front touch pad, the back pad wasn't used at all, and it worked really well. More devs need to think about Remote Play because it is a great feature for when your TV has been commandeered, or if you want to play PS4 in bed. 

Vita sales are really poor in some countries, so this isn't really surprising. Over here, the PS3 and Vita used to be at the same price, that people preferred PS3 over Vita. Sales became so bad that they decided to stop selling Vita's here. I guess its the same situation in a few other countries too. All we get now is PS4's and 12 gig PS3's, both of which are really popular atm. I can't even find a damn memory card or USB cable for my Vita anymore, over here :shakefist:

• Like 1

I guess it's not dead until psn stops supporting it, as much as I don't like hand held gaming the Vita proved to be an excellent system for people on the move. I bought mine from Hard Off in Akihabara 2 months ago and the memories of that and the ridiculous amount of vita games I saw in the shops make me think it has a future still.