PS4 Rise of the Tomb Raider October release official.

I'm seriously tempted. Just hoping the new online co-op mode will either have few trophies or, better yet, none. Not like I'd have trouble finding someone. It is tempting... :hmm:

Wonder if the trophies will be diffrent to the Xbox1 achievement but I doubt it. 

"we’re adding a new online co-op expansion to Endurance mode. You and a friend can team up to raid tombs and battle for the longest survival run to stay at the top of the leaderboards."

sounds interesting enough

Wonder if the trophies will be diffrent to the Xbox1 achievement but I doubt it. 

The trophies will probably be very different because of the different point values and rules between systems.

To fit all the base game achievements on a trophy list they'd need to make all of them bronze. So it's still possible to get them all through without losing any, but it might not be very likely.

The DLC will definitely have to be cut down, though. I think the most trophies a DLC pack can have is 13, so they'd have to cut 12 achievements and make the rest bronze trophies.

And that's assuming the DLC packs actually have separate trophy lists from main game. I'm not sure what the rules are, but this content is just part of RotTR on Playstation and there's never been a version where it wasn't, so technically it's not DLC. They could be forced to fit everything into 70 trophies, compared to Xbox's 113+ achievements.

Edited by Shadiochao

The trophies will probably be very different because of the different point values and rules between systems.

To fit all the base game achievements on a trophy list they'd need to make all of them bronze. So it's still possible to get them all through without losing any, but it might not be very likely.

The DLC will definitely have to be cut down, though. I think the most trophies a DLC pack can have is 13, so they'd have to cut 12 achievements and make the rest bronze trophies.

And that's assuming the DLC packs actually have separate trophy lists from main game. I'm not sure what the rules are, but this content is just part of RotTR on Playstation and there's never been a version where it wasn't, so technically it's not DLC. They could be forced to fit everything into 70 trophies, compared to Xbox's 113+ achievements.

Brutal mode was totally new to Uncharted and was never a DLC, and yet it was listed as DLC, so I don't think that matters.

I'll be getting this at launch. I really enjoyed the reboot, and I've heard this one is even better. I buy a lot of games at launch that take me months or even years for me to finally get to them, so the fact that we had to wait a year doesn't really bother me. In fact, I'm kind of glad we had to wait because now we get a better version than what released last year with extra content, patches, etc. 

Also I really like the box art, even if it does draw similarities to another critically acclaimed video game...  :P

Likely a day 1 buy for me. I played it on PC but don't mind playing it again, especially for the trophies. $60 is a lot but by preordering from Amazon I'll get it for $48 so I can live with that. It sucks that FFXV comes out not to long before that.... man, I'll just have to see how it goes with which gets the majority of my time.

You act as if PS+ still gives AAA games that aren't stand-alone DLC, sports or PSP games.

Now you've gone and done it, they probably would have given us Daxter for PSP next month but you had to ruin it. 

Edited by FlareXV

Having played it on Xbox One, I can say it's definitely just as good as the first one, if not better. Don't know if I can stomach to do that annoying DLC crypt achievement again though.  :(

The base game trophies will probably be the same as on Xbox - perhaps the new Croft Manor DLC will have some new ones.

Edited by MythRaider1994

I really need to finish this game on Xbox, so far it's not really grabbing me, but then I'm only an hour or so in. Personally the only Tomb Raider I really liked, aside from the reboot, was Legend, and these new ones are a whole other thing. Which is fine, but while the Uncharted clone and decent-ish story worked the first time, the second one is taking a bit too long to start up for me. Personally.

Anyhoo, to anyone who does grab this, I hope it's everything you want it to be, I can't complain about the price point since I got it on a download card for free.

Definitely a Day One buy for me, have been waiting for it ever since I played the reboot and was beginning to fear we wouldn't see it this year (or at all!).

Now there is at least one interesting game in the second half of 2016, I sure hope there are other announcements inbound (although PSVR (along with those games) and/or PS4Neo and/or a 'matching' TV might not leave me with enough money for more games anyway :D)

• Like 1

Definitely a Day One buy for me, have been waiting for it ever since I played the reboot and was beginning to fear we wouldn't see it this year (or at all!).

Now there is at least one interesting game in the second half of 2016, I sure hope there are other announcements inbound (although PSVR (along with those games) and/or PS4Neo and/or a 'matching' TV might not leave me with enough money for more games anyway :D)

Actually Oct is a busy month with Skyrim, Mafia 3 and many more so as for the money part......start saving  ;)

Actually Oct is a busy month with Skyrim, Mafia 3 and many more so as for the money part......start saving  ;)

I should have made clearer that I have no interest in any game on the list from one of the pages before (or any other game I know to be released around that time on any console except maybe for Pokemon Sun or Moon). I tried to get into Skyrim last year but it just couldn't motivate me to get invested, I prefer playing shooters with my friends while they are in the same room with me so Battlefield and such probably again will fail to impress me and Fifa I feel gets worse every year. I so wish the Crash remasters were coming earlier or at least one of those games :(

I should have made clearer that I have no interest in any game on the list from one of the pages before (or any other game I know to be released around that time on any console except maybe for Pokemon Sun or Moon). I tried to get into Skyrim last year but it just couldn't motivate me to get invested, I prefer playing shooters with my friends while they are in the same room with me so Battlefield and such probably again will fail to impress me and Fifa I feel gets worse every year. I so wish the Crash remasters were coming earlier or at least one of those games :(

So getting TR over the other games makes sense. 

You act as if PS+ still gives AAA games that aren't stand-alone DLC, sports or PSP games.

No, I'm saying the only way you see that this game's trophy list on my profile is if I get it for free. PS Plus is the most likely way of that happening.