August IGC

Xel

Of course you have a list of games you'd like to see back you are a relatively new subscriber. You would still get the same value next month if the ps3 games were Infamous 2 and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One. Long term subs would get nothing and pay the same amount effectively subsidising your subscription. I don't see how '2/3' of subscribers being happy with plus is better than everybody being happy with plus

Yes I would love getting those two actually :-)

Personally, I would say that there probably has never been anyone who has been happy with all six games in PS+, or if so then that's a very rare one in a million. What I like to see from PS+ is have at least one title for everybody, not have everything for a few. To me there's little difference between not wanting a game from PS+ because I have it already or not wanting a game from PS+ because it's a genre I don't like.

Retro/Grade has only 20K gamers on this site even though it's been on PS+. By comparison: Ether One, a game which started on PS+ and which I think we can all agree on is less tahn Retro/Grade quality-wise, but it still has over 80K gamers here. I've tried a few more recent PS+ games and I can't find anything with less users than Pix The Cat, which has a combined total of just under 75K across PS4 and PS3/Vita.

I'm happy to put a pin in this for now and check back about half a year from now to see how many people have started it then. I think that's the best way of determining if putting this game on PS+ again was a good or a bad thing.

Edit: I stand corrected. Kung Fu Rabbit was on PS+ last year and across PS3 and Vita it barely has 22K gamers on this site. Such a shame, I thought that game was a lot of fun.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Yakuza 5 alone seals the deal for me, anybody who hasn't played it yet, or tempting to, go get it. IMO One of the best games that came out last year.

Patapon 3's pretty awesome too, but i don't use my Vita that often anymore, which sucks :(

Edited by d1l2e3v4

I think you missed his point.. While you got a game that we already got, we also got that game again (so we in effect got 1 game less then you this month), that's the problem, and it opens the precedent for them to do it again and maybe next time they do it, they will screw the US players and give them 1 less game, like they are doing to EU..

If this was the opposite and the US were the ones that were offered something that you already got, you wouldn't be saying that for sure...

Also, you say that they gave some games in a region and later gave it to the other one, that's totally fine, because each region actually got the same number of games.

And they could have easily solved this like they did in the past inside the EU region for the times that they had to offer an alternative game to Germany and Australia, they could easily had got a replacement game (ideally something that the US got in the past) to offer to the EU region, but they didn't, they simply decided to close their eyes and give the game a second time in EU..

I did miss his point. Considering that the OP only sites the US blog and Cleggworth didn't actually include the US and UK being the same list in his point, you can see how this would be easy to do. I can concede that I misunderstood. You would be wrong to assume that I would be upset by a repeat on the US side though. I once held three plus subscriptions but I let the EU lapse last year because I wasn't doing much gaming outside of Destiny at the time. I wouldn't be upset. I was never promised I would always get new-to-me games. I wasn't pissed when Vita had the same offerings for months at a time. Retro/grade isn't new for me either, I redeemed it back then too.

I see why you are upset, yes, but I still don't agree that it shouldn't happen. That's a lot of games to lock away from each other (someone is always across the ocean from someone else) and, as Billy said, from newer subscribers. If this were to be a thing from henceforth then yes I would like to see it minimized to a game or two a month... Yes, it would have been nice for them to offer EU a game US got previously. But just because they didn't, doesn't mean the sky is falling.

• Like 1

You know, if you had taken as little as 30 seconds to view my profile instead of jumping in so desperately to defend PS Plus, you would have seen that I already own many of those titles and have even completed them. Now that I have answered the first part of your comment, lets have a look at the rest of it.

"Getting fed up because you're not given something you want but won't pay your own money for" Are you sure you don't work in the PS Plus division? All jokes aside, we have already established that I have indeed paid my own money for these games listed in my previous comment. So then why am I getting fed up? Because this is not fair to the rest of the gaming community who subscribe and have not had the chance to try those titles. Maybe not everybody has a large enough income to try all the games they are interested in for whichever console they own. Personally I would like the Ratchet & Clank titles for Vita, as I do not own those yet.

'The definition of entitlement" According to Google, it is: the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment. Holding a service provider to a high standard is not entitlement, it is called customer satisfaction and getting your monies worth. Sony should be striving to ensure customer satisfaction at all times, as any normal business would.

I don't know how long you have been a subscriber to PS Plus, so maybe you did not know that before it was mandatory for online play for the PS4 console only, it was simply an Instant Game Collection that provided gamers with a chance to play various titles that they may not have played before. Once they decided to make it a requirement for online play with PS4, PS Plus became a necessity for more gamers instead of a leisure choice. I am guessing that is why we are getting stuck with lesser titles than we used to receive a couple of years ago. I have been a fan of Sony gaming all my life and I will continue to be but I will also question their choices and decisions when they affect myself and the wider gaming community financially.

If you took the seconds out of your life to view my profile, you would know I own many of the games I was complaining about PS+ not giving out, because everybody that complains about not getting games definitely owns them: That's great. I typically do not care what games people have when they're complaining about the Playstation Plus subscription. Do you also whine when you buy a lottery ticket and only win $5? If even that? It's random, it's a fun little mixed bag, and it's not guaranteed to cater to your desires at all. I think the appealing prospective of it is that it gives people games they otherwise wouldn't buy, or wouldn't think to buy, thus giving them something new to experience. I am among the few that don't care if the typical AAA games (Like Uncharted 4, Doom, etc etc) ever go on PS+. 

Even now, taking the 30 seconds to skim through your profile would be a waste of my time.

It isn't fair that the rest of the gaming community that subscribe to this service that isn't exempt to just free games isn't getting the games that they want: Well, that's a bit of an arrogant statement. You are not an ambassador for the people. People might agree with your sentiments, because you fight for their peasant belief that they're entitled to nothing but games they've heard of, and only games they've heard of, but this is a really poor reality that you're living in. I will not speak for every person that is a PS+ member. I can only speak for myself, and I will do so. I only get it for the online cloud saves. Which has come in huge for me already. I also enjoy the somewhat regular additional discount on sales every week or so. I VERY RARELY touch the free offerings, and you can take the 30 seconds out of your day to view my profile and call bullshit on that or not, it's up to you. ;) So, for me, I'm getting my money's worth. I'm getting some awesome savings on games that go on sale that intrigue me, and I'm getting cloud savings that have saved me a lot of grief due to upgrading consoles in the last year.

According to Google: It's great that you need to resort to Google to find out the true meaning of things. I guess you also need reviews to tell you what games are worth your time and money? Don't take this too seriously, it's a tongue in cheek remark. But I wouldn't be surprised how true it is.

It's called customer satisfaction, and getting your monies worth: Like I described not 1 minute ago, I get my monies worth with this subscription. And that's with the mindset that I don't play multiplayer games much at all. It is EXTREMELY rare that I play a multiplayer game. But since the induction of the Playstation 4, Sony has followed Microsoft's glorious mindset that they can set up a paywall to play games with your friends, and millions of people are paying for their subscription JUST for that. So, with those people in mind, I believe they're getting their money's worth as well. They can enjoy their first person shooter shenanigans with their friends, while sometimes getting a free game or two that might intrigue them. But surely you, mr. Ambassador of Playstation Nation, don't care about those people. It's only about those that want specific games but won't take out their wallet and pay for it themselves.

I don't know how long you've been a subscriber to PS Plus, so you probably don't know PS3 had free online before, HEH HEH HEH: More passive aggression. You take me for an idiot that doesn't know much, which is ironic considering you admit that you don't know how long I've been a subscriber. Thank you for making asinine assumptions yourself, it's nice to see you get angry because of assumptions I made on you, but you return the favour to show how much better you are.

I have been a fan of Sony for my entire life, and will continue to, but I question the choices and decisions they make: So, wouldn't it be wise to support them in the means of buying the games you want to, and ignoring their PS+ service? No, of course not. People love to whine about PS+, but they fail to realize their online screeching on forums makes no difference to corporate. They don't give a shit what you think about the free games each month. In fact, they probably shovel that delicious indie gruel on your plate, just to see your expression. I personally find it amusing. 

If an annual $50 subscription affects you financially, I REALLY think you need to rethink your priorities. Gaming is probably a reckless hobby for you if you're constantly worrying about the value of your $4.16 per month.

• Like 1

Will only play Yak5, but cool to get retrograde as it pretty good. Dont really have an opinion on the other stuff as i hardly play my vita and neither of those titles makes me want to. Actually a somewhat decent lineup this month around when alls said and done though.

So in other words, don't start something if you don't have the capacity to see things through to the end.

You started it. Attacking me for no reason. Then when I make some fair and valid points, you threw a tantrum and resorted to name calling and being childish. You couldn't even use your own ideas, you simply cut and paste what I wrote and threw it back at me. I was hoping to have a reasonable discussion with you as most people on here seem to be capable of, but if you are too pig headed to acknowledge that other people have a right to be unsatisfied with a deteriorating service then I have nothing further to say to you.

• Like 1

You started it. Attacking me for no reason. Then when I make some fair and valid points, you threw a tantrum and resorted to name calling and being childish. You couldn't even use your own ideas, you simply cut and paste what I wrote and threw it back at me. I was hoping to have a reasonable discussion with you as most people on here seem to be capable of, but if you are too pig headed to acknowledge that other people have a right to be unsatisfied with a deteriorating service then I have nothing further to say to you.

What I started was the initial response, to which you responded in much a similar format as I did. So I took that format, and I did a better job of what you were trying to convey. Sorry if you couldn't handle that, and it paints me as pigheaded. In my opinion, people complaining about this subscription (shitty or not, $4.16 per month is NOT going to break the bank) are pigheaded. People that expect Fallout 4's and Metal Gear Solid V's out of this service are absolute fools.

If you cannot grasp that, you really shouldn't have anything further to say because you're beating a dead horse at this juncture. 

People that expect Fallout 4's and Metal Gear Solid V's out of this service are absolute fools.

I have not stated at any point that I expect Fallout 4 or Metal Gear Solid V. You are grasping at straws and it is clear to myself and most likely anyone else reading that you completely lack any credibility whatsoever. You have a preconceived notion and you are making up false statements instead of using facts which is ridiculous.

As a consumer, of course I am going to expect a certain standard of quality for a product I pay for. When you go to a store to buy groceries, you expect a certain standard of quality. You can apply this to any facet of consumerism and the result is always the same. I have never actually encountered somebody who wants a lower standard of quality for a paid product until you piped up. Why on Earth would you be happy with a lesser product than we have received in the past for the same price?

• Like 1

So, this month I decided to avoid these threads, fearing that the offerings would just depress me again. And then we get flippin' Yakuza 5?!? Not to mention what looks like an awesome Robotron 2084 for the current generation on PS4.

So, this is my new lucky charm. Don't look at these threads, and get great stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update for EU PS+ members.

Via the PS Blog EU

UPDATE: We would like to apologise for an error that lead to Retro/Grade being offered as one of this month’s free to download games on PS Plus.

We are aware that this title has previously been made available as part of the service in 2012 and had not intended to offer it again. We have now looked into and addressed this issue to ensure that it does not happen in the future.

To rectify this we are pleased to be able to offer an additional title for PS Plus members; Tom Clancy’s EndWar (PS3) (Trophy List Here) from UbiSoft, which is now available to download immediately.

Edited by HeySumbode
  • Like 1

As long as I get to keep Retro/Grade I'm fine with them throwing Endear at me as well. Give me a sub .5% 100% game and a sub .5% Plat to chase. :)

Edit:nvm, Murica doesn't get it. No biggie, I'm loving RG anyway.

Edited by Hemiak

Just an update for EU PS+ members.

Via the PS Blog EU

UPDATE: We would like to apologise for an error that lead to Retro/Grade being offered as one of this month’s free to download games on PS Plus.

We are aware that this title has previously been made available as part of the service in 2012 and had not intended to offer it again. We have now looked into and addressed this issue to ensure that it does not happen in the future.

To rectify this we are pleased to be able to offer an additional title for PS Plus members; Tom Clancy’s EndWar (PS3) (Trophy List Here) from UbiSoft, which is now available to download immediately.

Thanks for sharing this! What an awesome thing to do from Sony, I would have been perfectly fine with re-offers from at least three or even four years ago.

Personally, EndWar is not my type of game and Retro/Grade seems like it is so I'm glad it all went the way it went. (I don't know if "went the way it went" is raising some eyebrows for native English speakers but it does seem fitting even if it's not a regular expression)

As long as I get to keep Retro/Grade I'm fine with them throwing Endear at me as well. Give me a sub .5% 100% game and a sub .5% Plat to chase. :)

Edit:nvm, Murica doesn't get it. No biggie, I'm loving RG anyway.

Well, Europe was the one getting it double anyway. My guess is that USA-minded Sony had forgotten about giving the title to Europe, they're probably mostly only looking at the USA list.

I juuuust might keep EndWar for your next "play unknown games from your backlog" event :)

Can anyone tell me: I've looked a bit at some EndWar gameplay now and it looks like it's just a less unrealistic version of the Command & Conquer games, am I correct with that statement?

• 2 months later...

Of course you have a list of games you'd like to see back you are a relatively new subscriber. You would still get the same value next month if the ps3 games were Infamous 2 and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One. Long term subs would get nothing and pay the same amount effectively subsidising your subscription. I don't see how '2/3' of subscribers being happy with plus is better than everybody being happy with plus

Yes I would love getting those two actually :-)

Personally, I would say that there probably has never been anyone who has been happy with all six games in PS+, or if so then that's a very rare one in a million. What I like to see from PS+ is have at least one title for everybody, not have everything for a few. To me there's little difference between not wanting a game from PS+ because I have it already or not wanting a game from PS+ because it's a genre I don't like.

Retro/Grade has only 20K gamers on this site even though it's been on PS+. By comparison: Ether One, a game which started on PS+ and which I think we can all agree on is less tahn Retro/Grade quality-wise, but it still has over 80K gamers here. I've tried a few more recent PS+ games and I can't find anything with less users than Pix The Cat, which has a combined total of just under 75K across PS4 and PS3/Vita.

I'm happy to put a pin in this for now and check back about half a year from now to see how many people have started it then. I think that's the best way of determining if putting this game on PS+ again was a good or a bad thing.

Edit: I stand corrected. Kung Fu Rabbit was on PS+ last year and across PS3 and Vita it barely has 22K gamers on this site. Such a shame, I thought that game was a lot of fun.

So here we are, three months on yet the player count of Retro/Grade has only risen by just over 2K - and we don't know how many users have been added since then who already had the game.

So yeah, getting Retro/Grade agan seems to have been beneficial for a very smal percentage of users, at least right away - I for one still have it in my backlog.

Of course since this argument Sony had admitted that it was a mistake on their end and they added EndWar, but I still felt like checking. My bad, I thought that with such a large userbase the player count would have doubled at least.

Can anyone tell me: I've looked a bit at some EndWar gameplay now and it looks like it's just a less unrealistic version of the Command & Conquer games, am I correct with that statement?

Still do not know the answer to this by the way, and I have not started it yet. I don't feel like checking the web so I might just be surprised if I ever end up starting this. I don't have it in my backlog list (yet) though so I forgot I had it.

Edited by BillyHorrible