August IGC

Xel

Wait, both PS4 games have a Metacritic score lower than 70... I thought Sony said somewhere that only games with a 70 or higher could get on PS+?

That statement is long lost and forgotten. They didn't advertise with this statement since 2014 or so.

The least we could expect are games that don't have glitches or are broken by design but even that doesn't apply. :dunno:

this line up looks good, just seems wrong timing Rebel Galaxy comes 1 week before No Man Sky's release.

I thought about this as well, maybe they're acknowledging that once No Man's Sky is out there really is no reason to get Rebel Galaxy any more? :D

Either that or they're trying to please the people who don't have the money (or don't want to spend it) to get No Man's Sky right away.

That statement is long lost and forgotten. They didn't advertise with this statement since 2014 or so.

The least we could expect are games that don't have glitches or are broken by design but even that doesn't apply. :dunno:

That's too bad. I didn't actually notice games with lower scores until now, at least not with games that weren't new at the time of the PS+ release.

I don't recall broken games, though maybe I just haven't played those. I do remember Luftrauser having two unobtainable trophies but I still loved that game (and out of those two trophies, I would never have obtained one anyway), glad I played it.

Edited by BillyHorrible

I don't recall broken games, though maybe I just haven't played those. I do remember Luftrauser having two unobtainable trophies but I still loved that game (and out of those two trophies, I would never have obtained one anyway), glad I played it.

Luftrauser, TxK, Dragonfin Soup. . .those are off the top of my head, may be more

Hey look everyone more crapy games for ps4, ain't sony great this is surely 'for the players'.

On a real note this month coming is another crap month for me, and before any of you guys jump on me the games here are a waste of time to me when I already have the only good one on there that being yakuza 5 hell why not throw in Yakuza dead souls too that would be a better pick up then the other ps3 game.

>Yakuza 5

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

>22 gigs, owns only a 12 gig PS3

... oh okay. That's pretty cool... you know... for other people...

I didn't even know 12 gig PS3s existed... Is that called a PS3 Arcade or something?

Also, at 12 gigs I'm guessing that you can post this kind of comment pretty much every month.

I didn't even know 12 gig PS3s existed... Is that called a PS3 Arcade or something?

Also, at 12 gigs I'm guessing that you can post this kind of comment pretty much every month.

Nope, it's part of the PS3 Super Slim family with the monster 500GB. 

I honestly thought that 12 gigs was my most reasonable option in stores at the time I bought my PS3 a few years ago.

Needless to say, I'm exercising MUCH more caution in the future before I commit to buying a console several years after its launch >_______________________>

>22 gigs, owns only a 12 gig PS3

... oh okay. That's pretty cool... you know... for other people...

You didn't add a HDD to your Super Slim? I know it sucks to buy a HDD-frame but trust me: It's worth the 10 bucks you have to pay for it.

The only trouble may be to find a HDD that actually fits into the PS3 as the newer HDDs have a feature that's not supported by the PS3 (4k sector size).

Edited by Crimson Idol

I honestly thought that 12 gigs was my most reasonable option in stores at the time I bought my PS3 a few years ago.

Needless to say, I'm exercising MUCH more caution in the future before I commit to buying a console several years after its launch >_______________________>

Yup, I know what you mean. When I turned away from the Wii and looked for a console where I could play all those other games like GTA IV and such, I bought an Xbox Arcade (hence my remark), I figured I'd never buy digital because I'd want everything on disc... Silly me. Had to buy a HDD just to be able to install updates for games and keep on saving...

• Like 1

I don't think it's irrelevant to you as an NA customer. Its about precedence. If they are willing to put repeat games in the IGC, even if it was only one region, they will do it again. It may be Retro/Grade now but what about next month when it's Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse that NA already had but PAL did not

Yeah... but this is a ridiculous argument. Most subscribers only subscribe to Plus in a single region, so they shouldn't get a game because someone across the ocean was given the game previously? There is no sense in that. Also if you are worried about precedent then maybe take a look at the at the history of IGC because there are plenty of instances where one region was offered a game and another received in later. From the very beginning. So... 

Yeah... but this is a ridiculous argument. Most subscribers only subscribe to Plus in a single region, so they shouldn't get a game because someone across the ocean was given the game previously? There is no sense in that. Also if you are worried about precedent then maybe take a look at the at the history of IGC because there are plenty of instances where one region was offered a game and another received in later. From the very beginning. So... 

I think you missed his point.. While you got a game that we already got, we also got that game again (so we in effect got 1 game less then you this month), that's the problem, and it opens the precedent for them to do it again and maybe next time they do it, they will screw the US players and give them 1 less game, like they are doing to EU..

If this was the opposite and the US were the ones that were offered something that you already got, you wouldn't be saying that for sure...

Also, you say that they gave some games in a region and later gave it to the other one, that's totally fine, because each region actually got the same number of games.

And they could have easily solved this like they did in the past inside the EU region for the times that they had to offer an alternative game to Germany and Australia, they could easily had got a replacement game (ideally something that the US got in the past) to offer to the EU region, but they didn't, they simply decided to close their eyes and give the game a second time in EU..

• Like 1

why should an entire region get only 5 games this month rather than 6 because 'somebody across the ocean' as you put it did NOT have the game previously?

I am well aware of the regional differences at the beginning of plus and yes i agree there were many instances of 1 region getting a game one month and and the other getting it later but the difference is that first region didn't get the game again did it? It had something else.

Now in the years that PAL and NA Plus were seperate entities 95% of the games were the same anyway, if not at the same time they got each others games eventually but there is a handful of games that only ever came to one for whatever reason.

My point is the guys and gals that run plus have literally hundreds if not thousands of games to offer on plus every month. Why on earth would they choose one of these 'only came to one region' games when they could pick something entirely new and please everybody?

EDIT - please everybody is obviously a misnomer here. I think everybody being pleased with plus would indicate the second coming of christ but you get what I mean lol

Edited by Cleggworth
  • Like 3

I think an important argument that people in the "getting a game again" discussion are forgetting is:

It was four whole years ago!

That's four whole years of attracting new gamers, not to mention people who already had a PS3 back then but did not have PS+ yet - Back then they were just starting to do more than one game a month and you didn't even need PS+ to play online so a much smaller percentage of the gamers had PS+. I feel pretty confident in saying that less than a third of the PS+ subscribers now had PS+ back then, though finding actual data is hard because Sony almost never tells the number of PS+ members. Add to that that Retro/Grade hasn't even been on PS+ for all regions yet...

Matter of fact, I am one of those new gamers that never has gotten the game! I've started with PlayStation two years ago when I bought a PS4. If Sony is going to bring out some old games, I have a list of games I'd like to see them put online again...

I think an important argument that people in the "getting a game again" discussion are forgetting is:

It was four whole years ago!

That's four whole years of attracting new gamers, not to mention people who already had a PS3 back then but did not have PS+ yet - Back then they were just starting to do more than one game a month and you didn't even need PS+ to play online so a much smaller percentage of the gamers had PS+. I feel pretty confident in saying that less than a third of the PS+ subscribers now had PS+ back then, though finding actual data is hard because Sony almost never tells the number of PS+ members. Add to that that Retro/Grade hasn't even been on PS+ for all regions yet...

Matter of fact, I am one of those new gamers that never has gotten the game! I've started with PlayStation two years ago when I bought a PS4. If Sony is going to bring out some old games, I have a list of games I'd like to see them put online again...

Of course you have a list of games you'd like to see back you are a relatively new subscriber. You would still get the same value next month if the ps3 games were Infamous 2 and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One. Long term subs would get nothing and pay the same amount effectively subsidising your subscription. I don't see how '2/3' of subscribers being happy with plus is better than everybody being happy with plus

• Like 2

Why don't you buy them if you want them so much? Getting fed up because you're not given something you want but won't pay your own money for is the definition of entitlement...

You know, if you had taken as little as 30 seconds to view my profile instead of jumping in so desperately to defend PS Plus, you would have seen that I already own many of those titles and have even completed them. Now that I have answered the first part of your comment, lets have a look at the rest of it.

"Getting fed up because you're not given something you want but won't pay your own money for" Are you sure you don't work in the PS Plus division? All jokes aside, we have already established that I have indeed paid my own money for these games listed in my previous comment. So then why am I getting fed up? Because this is not fair to the rest of the gaming community who subscribe and have not had the chance to try those titles. Maybe not everybody has a large enough income to try all the games they are interested in for whichever console they own. Personally I would like the Ratchet & Clank titles for Vita, as I do not own those yet.

'The definition of entitlement" According to Google, it is: the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment. Holding a service provider to a high standard is not entitlement, it is called customer satisfaction and getting your monies worth. Sony should be striving to ensure customer satisfaction at all times, as any normal business would.

I don't know how long you have been a subscriber to PS Plus, so maybe you did not know that before it was mandatory for online play for the PS4 console only, it was simply an Instant Game Collection that provided gamers with a chance to play various titles that they may not have played before. Once they decided to make it a requirement for online play with PS4, PS Plus became a necessity for more gamers instead of a leisure choice. I am guessing that is why we are getting stuck with lesser titles than we used to receive a couple of years ago. I have been a fan of Sony gaming all my life and I will continue to be but I will also question their choices and decisions when they affect myself and the wider gaming community financially.

• Like 2