August IGC

Xel

That's at least the thing I was always told when people in Europe complained why they wouldn't get a game that once was in US IGC. And they never recycled any of the games as far as I'm aware. The only exception may be Guacamelee but that were more or less two different versions (PS4-version had additional content).

Yep, Patapon 3 is a PSP-game.

They recycled Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, I guess, although that's slightly different because they gave us the PS3 version and then later gave us the Vita version, and it wasn't cross-buy. With Retro/Grade, we're getting the same (the only?) version again.

On topic, nothing for me this month. Wasn't overly fond of AC IV's naval combat, and I hear that's basically what Rogue Galaxy is, not interested in another fucking PSP game, seriously Sony, the Tetris game looks like it should be on a mobile device instead of on a console, and Yakuza 5 has no English dub.

might play Ultratron for the easy 100%, but probably not.

I'm honestly tempted to say this might be the worst month that has ever been on PS+, solely for the fact they're giving us Retro/Grade. It is not acceptable and if this is going to set a standard, then PS+ will be even worse than the state it is in at the moment, and I wasn't sure that was possible. I really need to finish up my unfinished PS+ games so I can unsub and stay the fuck away... Until I need to do some online trophies -_-

Edited by madbuk

Full lineup:

• Tricky TowersPS4
  • Rebel GalaxyPS4
  • Yakuza 5PS3
  • Retro/GradePS3
  • Patapon 3PS Vita
  • UltratronPS Vita, PS3, PS4

https://t.co/sMXngU3CmX

I know no game of these... just know predecessors of Yakuza and Patapon - well known games chosen :D

And please note: i didn't say good or bad games :P

But wait a moment...

Patapon PSV

Ultraton PSV etc.

Holy Shit, they found some Vita games at last xD

Rebel Galaxy is Assassins Creed IV's naval combat, but without all the unnecessary stealth parts added in, mixed in with a space exploration and trading simulator. One of the rare games I haven't deleted off my console after I was done with it. I'd plat that a second time before I'd bother with Yakuza.

Also, I wrote the trophy guide for Rebel Galaxy, and it's still the first and best guide written for this game on PS4, before playstationtrophies came in and mashed buttons for theirs. So I might be biased.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

Wait, which game have they given more than once? Because those of you saying Retro/grade was in IGC already are mistaken...

That aside, it's an okay month for me. Not amazing. Not bad either. The more I see of these games the more I'd like to give them a try, so no complaints...

• Like 1

Wow this is like 4th month I won't be adding anything to my library.

Heh I feel ya. Not trying to sound like an advertisement, but I reckon you should at least grab Furi from this month, the game was a really good experience. My two cents.

Back to topic, I somewhat feel they're trying to cover their mistake recently by giving Yakuza 5 for free. Not complaining, cause I can actually grab it this time.

I know no game of these... just know predecessors of Yakuza and Patapon - well known games chosen :D

And please note: i didn't say good or bad games :P

But wait a moment...

Patapon PSV

Ultraton PSV etc.

Holy Shit, they found some Vita games at last xD

Patapon 3 is a PSP game originally

It was in PAL regions, which is an irrelevant fact to us in NA.

I don't think it's irrelevant to you as an NA customer. Its about precedence. If they are willing to put repeat games in the IGC, even if it was only one region, they will do it again. It may be Retro/Grade now but what about next month when it's Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse that NA already had but PAL did not

• Like 1

I don't think it's irrelevant to you as an NA customer. Its about precedence. If they are willing to put repeat games in the IGC, even if it was only one region, they will do it again. It may be Retro/Grade now but what about next month when it's Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse that NA already had but PAL did not

Unfortunately, PSNP doesn't have that smiley for the mastubatory gesture one makes when you want to say "So what?".

I don't really know any of these titles except Yakuza, of which I've tried the previous installment, so I've had to do some digging before giving my opinion.

Wait, both PS4 games have a Metacritic score lower than 70... I thought Sony said somewhere that only games with a 70 or higher could get on PS+?

Tricky Towers: seems like a game I'll play in between doing other stuff.

Rebel Galaxy: I'm prepared to give this a try. Could be fun, could be bad.

Yakuza 5: I just tried Yakuza 4 this month and hated it with a passion after it turned the story quickly away from yakuza and towards "adult entertainment tycoon". It already was not my kind of game (with text switching between spoken in cutscenes and written in gameplay, and more weird stuff) but lack of interest in where the story went was the final nail.

Retro/Grade: I switched to PlayStation in 2014 so I personally have no problems with a repeated game or two from way before. Seems like something I could play.

Patapon 3: First PSP game on PS+ which I might actually play, even if it is only after I've played through the remaining Vita PS+ games I have.

Ultratron: From the makers of Titan Attacks... Yes please! Loved that game after getting it on PS+.

On the whole, it's less than last month where I immediately fired three games to the top half of my backlog (Gat, Fury, Juarez) but on the other hand it has one game which I want to play even when I know nothing about it just for the developers (Ultratron) while I'm willing to give four more games a try.

Seeing as my opinion from the start of PS+ (for me that was two years ago) has been that it's cool I get to try games I didn't know anything about, I still count this as a pretty decent month.