PS+ Price Increase

jdizzle0420

Thank god, that would suck so much! Thanks for the info

I wouldn't pop the champagne just yet. The price increase over here only applied to a 3 month sub. Obviously if that's your thing you probably will be fine but the year sub will almost definitely go up

Personally I don't have a massive problem with an increase. Other stuff in life is generally more expensive now than 5 years ago right? If it results in better games for the IGC great but I still think its good value for me even if it doesn't

Oooooooo. This is not going to go over well with people. They have been giving us crap for months and now they want to raise the price. Hopefully this leads to better PS+ titles.

I'll accept it wholeheartedly if their free titles get better. Hell, I'll accept it if they have better special sales.

• Like 1

It wouldn't make sense to have it at 60$ in america and 50€ in europe, so we're probably gonna get it too

I was mad when I read the first post but honestly I probably have over 200€ in games from ps+ since the beginning of this year, I generally like indie titles and actually try them out instead of just calling them trash so I can say I'm somewhat happy with the service

Edited by HardXDXtraga
  • Like 1

I wouldn't pop the champagne just yet. The price increase over here only applied to a 3 month sub. Obviously if that's your thing you probably will be fine but the year sub will almost definitely go up

Personally I don't have a massive problem with an increase. Other stuff in life is generally more expensive now than 5 years ago right? If it results in better games for the IGC great but I still think its good value for me even if it doesn't

Well, a year-old subscription is 50 euros here, so if it jumps 5-10 euros it won't be that big of an issue. I hope that they will put better games in the IGC tho, almost every month for the PS3 and the Vita is dissapointing

• Like 1

It wouldn't make sense to have it at 60$ in america and 50€ in europe, so we're probably gonna get it too

I was mad when I read the first post but honestly I probably have over 200€ in games from ps+ since the beginning of this year, I generally like indie titles and actually try them out instead of just calling them trash so I can say I'm somewhat happy with the service

Agreed. While price increases are always felt (particularly 20% hikes), I feel like this service has given me more value than I've given it. 

HOWEVER, I do agree that the quality of free games (particularly on PS3) has been in decline for a while (although last month was solid), so I'm hoping the increase portends better future offerings.

• Like 1

So as an annual subscriber, the cost is going up $10 a year which equals .83c a month. Still a great deal, the cloud saves and discounts alone are worth that. No idea why some of you are getting your panties in a bunch, is $10 really that much to you?

Apparently people really don't want to sacrifice a few Starbucks frappuccinos. It's a hard life.

• Like 1

There goes me convincing some relatives/buddies to pick up Plus on their own. However, I now know what I will be doing for gifts for the holidays for everyone. If they have a PS3/PS4 or Vita, they're getting a year of Plus (as I buy them at the now cheaper price) and if they don't, they get the new Nintendo Classic Edition.

Done and done.

Can we be friends lol. Great idea tho.

The mini NES looks great.

• Like 1

$70 CAD just to achieve MP trophies and rent indie games, most of which don't even have platinum trophies?????

post-31074-J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing-gif-

Welp, time to stock up on a couple years' worth, I guess. gg Sony.

You realize that $60USD is $77CAD, right?

Probably should be grateful they didn't raise Canada's price to $80CAD.

Is there really a need to act as if everybody has a stable income that they can spend on whatever they want? You may be able to spend money freely, but other people have to budget and conserve what little they earn.

Even people who have a large budget should concern themselves with such matters. I always shake my head at comments like that.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 4

Apparently people really don't want to sacrifice a few Starbucks frappuccinos. It's a hard life.

Amen to this. I'll gladly pay $10 more. When I get games from plus most of them I don't like but it's worth it soley for the few I do. Also the discounts can be amazing some times for +.

Is there really a need to act as if everybody has a stable income that they can spend on whatever they want? You may be able to spend money freely, but other people have to budget and conserve what little they earn.

If the extra $10 for a yearly subscription is a deal breaker for some people, you either need to withhold one of those day one full priced games you get hyped on, or you picked a very dangerous hobby that is too expensive for you.

The extra price means nothing to me. The service offers a lot for me and I don't really care that much. The funniest thing is I don't even play [many] of the free games, so I should be complaining as much as everybody else is.

• Like 2