PS+ Price Increase

jdizzle0420

Is there really a need to act as if everybody has a stable income that they can spend on whatever they want? You may be able to spend money freely, but other people have to budget and conserve what little they earn.

Stable income or not, its $10. If your finances are stetched so thin that $60 causes you issues you probably shouldn't be spending the current price of $50.

Fact is, as was said earlier, Xbox has been charging $60 since 2010. Don't be angry Sony is raising the price in 2016, be happy we paid a discounted price to the competition for over half a decade.

• Like 4

People are probably annoyed because the quality of the free games has been on a steady decline for months, if not longer. One of the main reasons for buying a subscription has become increasingly disappointing, yet they want to charge us more for it. Even if there's a quality increase due to this price rise, it's not likely to be any better than it was before.

Nobody should be content with paying more for less, it doesn't matter if it's only a small amount of money.

Sigh.

May
Tropica 5 (AAA)

June
NBA 2K16 (AAA)

July 
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (AAA)

August
Yakuza 5 (AAA)

Sorry, I'm rolling my eyes at all of this self entitlement.

The extra price means nothing to me. The service offers a lot for me and I don't really care that much. The funniest thing is I don't even play [many] of the free games, so I should be complaining as much as everybody else is.

So why aren't you?

People are probably annoyed because the quality of the free games has been on a steady decline for months, if not longer. One of the main reasons for buying a subscription has become increasingly disappointing, yet they want to charge us more for it. Even if there's a quality increase due to this price rise, it's not likely to be any better than it was before.

Nobody should be content with paying more for less, it doesn't matter if it's only a small amount of money.

I'm also annoyed when the "free" IGC games I get later go on deep sales in the store.  Makes me wonder why I pay $50 a year for a kick in the balls.  This last flash sale is a perfect example of that.  Nearly ALL of those games were once, or IMO will be PS+ games.

• Like 1

1 game per month. Let's take a look at 2013 shall we?

January 

Mortal Kombat

Bioshock 2

February 

God of War

F1 Race Stars

Sleeping Dogs

WipEout 2048

March

Dead or Alive 5

Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 HD

Mass Effect 3

April

Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Okami HD

May

Catherine

Hitman: Absolution

June

Demon's Souls

LittleBigPlanet Karting

Team ICO Collection

Kingdoms of Amalur

Uncharted 3

XCOM

July

Ninja Gaiden

Unit 13

Battlefield 3

Payday: The Heist

Saints Row 3

August

Spec Ops: The Line

LEGO Lord of the Rings

Mafia 2

NBA2K13

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

There has clearly been a decline here.

This is why people are pissed. We're comparing 2013, when the PS3 didn't have an online pay wall, and the free games were one of the only big incentives to get people to pay money. 

Well done, you sure showed me.

Except all those games can be had for not a whole lot of money at all. Which is what some people are slamming the current PS+ games for doing.

Nothing is true, everyone is a cry baby.

I showed that the last four months, Sony has thrown out one AAA game a month. Three out of four being the PS4. That is a pattern that can only be a good thing. Instead there are ignorant people constantly belittling the service, spewing nothing but "indie gruel" nonstop. Smart, Sony offers you peasants AAA titles, but you still only see the indie stuff.

If I was in charge of PS+, I'd give nothing but indie just to make you cry more.

Edited by Valyrious

Because the service is incredibly value to me well beyond the free offerings. The amount of money I have saved from the discounts Plus members get exceeds thousands of dollars over the course of 2 years.

Congratulations?

It doesn't mean that another user who complains about the increase has an "overinflated sense of self-entitlement", or whatever phrase you used.

I don't see why people just don't cut their losses and let their subscriptions lapse if the thing's diminishing returns bother them so much. I mean, I know why: trophy completion got you by the short n' curlies, but still.

They might do just that. It doesn't mean they can't also complain about the service on a forum dedicated to sharing opinions on video games.

• Like 2

Not sure if this price increase is good or not. I havent downloaded any recent ps+ games cuz they arent in my interest. I do use cloud save in case of data corrupted and other things. That helps. Plus some of their discounts games (your choice) are worth buying if u have ps+. But thats just my point of view..

• Like 1

Not sure if this price increase is good or not. I havent downloaded any recent ps+ games cuz they arent in my interest. I do use cloud save in case of data corrupted and other things. That helps. Plus some of their discounts games (your choice) are worth buying if u have ps+. But thats just my point of view..

As I said, if they can improve their offerings (and Valyrious does have a point that their free game offerings have been better in recent months), their sales and whatnot might constitute a need for a price increase. 

I just don't know why people have their "panties in a bunch" (to quote another user) because others show disdain for a price increase. 

It was all part of their dastardly plan! They enticed everyone to get Plus early on by making it such a great deal. Then once we had amassed a large collection of Plus games that we didn't want to lose, they hike up the price! Now we either suck it up and pay the price, or we lose access to all of the games. It's... GENIUS!!!  :P​ 

• Like 1

I don't see why people just don't cut their losses and let their subscriptions lapse if the thing's diminishing returns bother them so much. I mean, I know why: trophy completion got you by the short n' curlies, but still.

This is exactly why. This, and the fact that PS4 games have online trophies. With the way the service is designed, if you've started a bunch of PS+ games, you either have to finish them before your sub ends, or have them stuck on your profile unfinished forever (or you could buy every game you have unfinished, but at that point, what was the point of subbing in the first place?). I would very much like to drop my PS+ sub, but until I finish my PS+ games, I can't feel good about doing so. And some of the PS+ games are pretty shitty so I have no motivation to finish them, creating an endless cycle.

That's currently the only reason to be subbed imo, especially if you don't own a PS4 yet. There's 0 incentive for people to sign up if they don't have a PS4 because the IGC sure isn't worth subbing for.

Edited by madbuk

Congratulations?

It doesn't mean that another user who complains about the increase has an "overinflated sense of self-entitlement", or whatever phrase you used.

I love when people take things out of context. I never said he had self entitlement because of the increase.

I said he has self entitlement because I proved in the last four months that Sony has offered AAA titles, but they're not to that person's taste obviously, so the quality of the free offerings are as terrible as they have been in the last however long that person wishes to complain.

Sorry to say, but not being happy with something does give you a sense of entitlement. Why do we get that shitty sports game NBA 2K16? I wanted Uncharted 4 for free. Self. Entitlement.

I love when people take things out of context. I never said he had self entitlement because of the increase.

I said he has self entitlement because I proved in the last four months that Sony has offered AAA titles, but they're not to that person's taste obviously, so the quality of the free offerings are as terrible as they have been in the last however long that person wishes to complain.

Sorry to say, but not being happy with something does give you a sense of entitlement. Why do we get that shitty sports game NBA 2K16? I wanted Uncharted 4 for free. Self. Entitlement.

It's not self entitlement though. As I proved, we used to get multiple AAA games per month. This set a standard. And if they're raising the price, that should mean the standard will be raised further, not regressing.