PS+ Price Increase

jdizzle0420

Nope that does it. There is a Line you just don't cross and they crossed it. You give us shit for months then you expect us to pay you more? My Question is for what? I'm starting to not even play online games anymore So I probably won't even renew this. And Honestly you think that giving them more money will give us better games PFFFT they just wanna bank on those Overwatch players? 

Wow this really just Triggered me man... 
Like If you where dishing out good games and need to raise the price then. Well Fine good on ya m8 but I don't think I've played a Plus game In literal months. 

• Like 4

There goes me convincing some relatives/buddies to pick up Plus on their own. However, I now know what I will be doing for gifts for the holidays for everyone. If they have a PS3/PS4 or Vita, they're getting a year of Plus (as I buy them at the now cheaper price) and if they don't, they get the new Nintendo Classic Edition.

Done and done.

Interesting. I stopped the auto-renew this month so this is a coincidence. I don't play much MP so the online isn't a value. The IGC is what has kept me renewing and the value has dropped off a cliff the last few months. That being said, I'm letting my subscription lapse until the IGC improves.

My queston to the community is this: how long do your saved games and old IGC games stay in the cloud. I'm sure I will re-up eventually when something great hits, but I've got years worth of saved game files. When do they disappear forever? Anyone know? Thanks!

Hopefully this won't affect people like me who always buy PS+ at a discount. Aside from the very first time I bought PS+ (I had no idea where to look so I just picked a card from gamestop) I've never paid more than $40 for a year of PS+. Black Friday always has 1 year for $40 (one year, gamestop even had 1 year for $30) and eBay also has the $40 deal at least once a month. I wonder if this official MSRP price increase will increase the sale prices too?

I never really thought there was much value on Plus. I never play online, most of the IGC games don't interest me and I'm a 100% physical gamer anyway, so... now I've just got even less of an incentive to get in on it. Right now, the only reasons for me to subscribe would be cloud save backups and being able to get online trophies, but I can just manually backup my saves to a private hard drive and I never liked playing online anyway, so...

• Like 1