PS+ Price Increase

jdizzle0420

Interesting. I stopped the auto-renew this month so this is a coincidence. I don't play much MP so the online isn't a value. The IGC is what has kept me renewing and the value has dropped off a cliff the last few months. That being said, I'm letting my subscription lapse until the IGC improves.

My queston to the community is this: how long do your saved games and old IGC games stay in the cloud. I'm sure I will re-up eventually when something great hits, but I've got years worth of saved game files. When do they disappear forever? Anyone know? Thanks!

They currently don't have an expiration date.

I don't think that works I believe they have a Expiration time and when that time is up then ur game is up

Correct

Oooooooo. This is not going to go over well with people. They have been giving us crap for months and now they want to raise the price. Hopefully this leads to better PS+ titles.

Unfortunately I doubt it will. 3 month subs here in europe went from 11.99 to 14.99 in September last year and there hasn't been an improvement in PS+ titles since then.

• Like 2

If you have "free" games from the IGC then you need PS+ to be able to play them. No plus, no access.

It's the only reason I keep it , along with the cloud saves. I'm certainly not getting my hopes up for higher price PS+ equating to higher IGC quality.

Edited by Sofa King

Couldn't you buy now like 3 or 4 cards at current price and use codes when your membership expires? Or will the $50 codes won't work upon activation after Sept. 22

I wouldn't risk that. The memberships stack so I would redeem them all at once.

With XBL Games With Gold, you get to keep the game even if your membership expires. Now that PS+ is going to be $60 also, Sony really needs to adopt the same idea.

Edited by skateak

Couldn't you buy now like 3 or 4 cards at current price and use codes when your membership expires? Or will the $50 codes won't work upon activation after Sept. 22

Activate them all at once. They used to stack, I don't see why they still wouldn't. Back in the day when they used to have sales on subs the guys n gals that ran the blog posts would actually advise people that you could do that. I bought 3 years at once one time lol

• Like 1

I got so many games right now that IGC is the least of my worries (always saw the games as a bonus anyway, especially after the PS4), and to be honest, apart from it, the service is more stable than on PS4 launch and with more cloud space. Is a price increase after all these years really that surprising?

• Like 1

Activate them all at once. They used to stack, I don't see why they still wouldn't. Back in the day when they used to have sales on subs the guys n gals that ran the blog posts would actually advise people that you could do that. I bought 3 years at once one time lol

I wouldn't risk that. The memberships stack so I would redeem them all at once.

With XBL Games With Gold, you get to keep the game even if your membership expires. Now that PS+ is going to be $60 also, Sony really needs to adopt the same idea.

Thank guys. Looks like I may buy two memberships or and use them at once. Or perhaps ill wait for future updates to see what Sony will offer in return to the price increase.

Wowee, right before my birthday, what a present, many thanks, Sony.  :rolleyes:

My Plus expires in May, so I won't need to pay for a long time yet, but with this pleasant development I'm considering to buy another year. Because it holds dozens of my unplayed Plus games hostage and the cloud is too much of a godsend and I don't want to let it go. 

• Like 1

Whinge, fucking whinge, fucking whinge...... people these days really fucking shit me, "gimme, gimme, gimme" expect everything handed to them on a silver platter, & god help you if it's not gold plated or they have to actually pay for it,

Yeah why would people complain? Decrease in quality "free" games, forced to pay now for online service and Sony jacks up the price. You Sony fanboys crack me up.