MGS5 Definitive Edition announced ( + Ground Zeros + All DLC)

I got Ground Zeroes from Plus, and the DLC for The Phantom Pain seems to be cosmetic items, and other cash grab like things, so I have no real interest in getting this. I'll stick with my regular edition. Maybe if they actually included worthwhile additional content in this, like I dunno, the missing third chapter, maybe I'd get it. But this is Konami, so of course not.

#FucKonami

• Like 1

I got Ground Zeroes from Plus, and the DLC for The Phantom Pain seems to be cosmetic items, and other cash grab like things, so I have no real interest in getting this. I'll stick with my regular edition. Maybe if they actually included worthwhile additional content in this, like I dunno, the missing third chapter, maybe I'd get it. But this is Konami, so of course not.

#FucKonami

I only started MG5 last night but what's this about them leaving out an entire chapter? O_o

I only started MG5 last night but what's this about them leaving out an entire chapter? O_o

The article skateak linked pretty much sums it up. Due to the deteriorating relationship between Kojima and Konami, it seems like Konami wanted the game pushed out of the door as soon as possible. As a result, things had to be cut. When people say TPP has no story, you can see why. The Konami these days are more about making mobile games and pachinko machines rather than big budget AAA titles.

• Like 1

The article skateak linked pretty much sums it up. Due to the deteriorating relationship between Kojima and Konami, it seems like Konami wanted the game pushed out of the door as soon as possible. As a result, things had to be cut. When people say TPP has no story, you can see why. The Konami these days are more about making mobile games and pachinko machines rather than big budget AAA titles.

Read at your own risk, not sure if the article is spoiler free. http://gamerant.com/metal-gear-solid-5-story-cuts-512/

Christ Konami really are a bunch of clowns, I'd loved to slap your man in charge with a fish!

Hopefully it's all on disc and not codes but I can't really think of any Konami definitive editions compared to say Ubi who seem to always do codes so it's hard to say what way they'll go. Nice to see that they're actually putting on all the Mother Base Bonus Staff seeing as they for some reason never bothered to release them all on the PS store. Wonder if they'll bother sticking the contents of the bonus collector's edition disc in too at least then it will be as close to complete as possible even if the final episode is never playable.