Favorite Indie dev and game

Pina_TheGovernor

Hey guys just wondering what's your favorite indie dev and game.

My favorite dev is Supergiant games, they made Transistor ffs.

Favorite game is difficult but I have to go with Outlast, what a masterpiece.

Honorable mentions to Hello Games for what they accomplished with NMS and Xeodrifter, loved the Metroid feel of it

• Like 3

There are a few very reliable indie studios.

I would agree with Super Giant, and add FuturLab (Velocity, Velocity 2x), Housemarque (Resogun, Dead Nation), and Drink Box Studios (Guacamelee, Severed).

Certainly some of the indies put out games that are as good, or better than, some of the AAA productions.

Favourite Indie Dev: Drinkbox Studios ( Guacamelee, Severed, Tales from Space)

Favourite Indie Game: Furi

Honourable Mentions: Shovel Knight, Super Time Force Ultra, Velocity Ultra/2X, Hotline Miami 1 & 2, Rogue Legacy, Shantae series, OlliOlli2, Dust: An Elyisan Tail, Bastion & Transistor, 

Edited by A-Brawl3r
  • Like 2

I don't know of it counts, but Scott Pilgrim Vs The World is the best PSN only game I have ever played!

I totally agree with you, but it's by Ubisoft, so don't think it counts. :/

Favorite indie developer: Humble Hearts (Dust: An Elysian Tail, amazing game. :D)

Honorable mentions: The Chinese Room (Everybody's Gone To The Rapture.), Supergiant Games (Bastion.), and Superflat Games (Lone Survivor.)

Favorite indie game: Dust: An Elysian Tail. :)

Honorable mentions: Lone Survivor, Apotheon, Actual Sunlight, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Futuridium: EP Deluxe, and Bastion.

Edited by Kat

I find it an insufficient opinion and preference if I labeled my favorite developer off either one great game of theirs, or one great game but is the only one theyve made. Same for my favorite indie game (not making them my fav dev). Devs who've made multiple are just more respectable and have more (to offer) variety. With that said:

Fav Dev: Housemarque (fav games: Dead Nation, OutLand, soon-to-be-Alien Nation. Other successful and popular work: Resogun, Super Stardust)

Favorite game: Rocket League (Castle Crashers and Dead Nation came close)

Edited by Mar

About what I can think of at the moment
Dust An Elysian Tail
N++
Salt & Sanctuary(probably, bought it but haven't played it yet)
Submerged
Blade Kitten
Tokyo Jungle(don't if Blade Kitten or Tokyo Jungle are indies)
Shoot Many Robots

And also looking foward to Seasons After Fall, Earthnight and Dreams.

not sure about developer.

My favourite indie dev is Supergiant Games and my favourite indie game is "Transistor", that I considered to be a truly brilliant game.

I also like Housemarque and Telltale Games, but I don't know if Telltale can be considered indie. No one is mentioning them, so I guess not...  :hmm: