Let's Finish: Tales (The Series)

I could try to get in on this one.  Let's see, I only have platinumed Tales of Hearts R and 100%ed Zestiria on Steam, so those two are out.  I own the rest in English, probably of the remaining ones Tales of Graces f would be the best to try, or maybe Xillia?  I'll at least try to start one of them and certainly am open to suggestions on which is likely the quicker plat.

Xillia is definitely much easier to platinum than Graces F is. It's a lot less time consuming too. I'd definitely recommend going for that one. :)

Well, I'm already doing Xillia for the Fall Backlog Challenge, so I could sign up for this too. Two birds with one stone. :)

I've already started Xillia, I'm at the beginning of Act 2. First time playing a Tales game. I picked up Xillia 1 and 2 this summer. I plan to own/play all eventually, that I can get my hands on. My childhood was filled with JRPGs but as time went by I dropped off. I don't play many of them lately, but when I do I prefer Dos Equis it brings back memories.

So for now it's just Xillia 1 for me.

Nice, we can be Xillia buddies and spur each other on to the platinum. Will be starting mid December.

I've been playing Vesperia to make it my 50th anyway, so sign me up for that. I'm currently still collecting some of the titles/items I can get before going into the final story dungeon.

Sign me up for Innocence R too. I won't be starting it before I finish ToV but I think I can get it done by January.

All right. Just got the Hit Emperor trophy, and am currently working on my Unknown playthrough on Dawn of the New World. I think I have a road map to the skits I'm missing (given my current percentage, and the number of skits I know I need, I think I will hit 100% after getting "Kismet", assuming I can figure out how to get the 10 pacts in a row nonsense).

I've been making some title progress in Xillia 2 over the past week or so, currently I'm looking at slightly over 7000 title points heading into my New Game + run. Spent alot of time gambling in order to max out my friendships (thank you gold dice), picked up Combo Virtuoso earlier today and also got some titles for both linked and character-specific skills. Think I'll give the Illusionary Darkness another run or 2 to level up abit before I start New Game +, or maybe try and get a few of the battle challenges done, but I think I'll jump into it within the next few days.

Everyone up to Edunstar84 has been added to the event. Welcome and have fun.

I just got platinum on Zestiria. Attempting to get Symphonia done too, until Berseria comes out.

Congratulation on finishing Zestiria  :yay:. You are the first person to finish Zestiria in this event and have been added to the Zestiria Hall of Fame. So how does Zestiria compare to any of the other Tales game you have played? If this is your first Tales game, how did you like it?

Congratulation on finishing Zestiria  :yay:. You are the first person to finish Zestiria in this event and have been added to the Zestiria Hall of Fame. So how does Zestiria compare to any of the other Tales game you have played? If this is your first Tales game, how did you like it?

Thank you! Zestiria wasn't my first Tales of game, since i played Phantasia (the SNES version), Symphonia and Xillia 1+2 so far. I'll just copy paste my two cents from my trophy checklist:

My second time to platinum this game. The first one was on steam. All together four playthroughs, so that says alot about how much i love this game. I really liked the equipment system and freedom with distributing stats and skills.

It's a bit confusing at first, but if you stop and think a few minutes, it's really great. The characters and story are also really well done, with a bit of minus on some background stories. The wonky battle camera sometimes wasn't really a problem for myself, even on chaos difficulty.

It's great to have a game, where you actually have to think for yourself to piece everything together, since it isn't served on a silver platter. (keyword: timeline discrepancy - clarification, if needed, via PM to avoid spoilers)

Also the music is just great. Especially the Go Shiina outdid himself, but Motoi Sakuraba did a great job this time too, contrary to the forgettable Xillia pieces.

For me it's my favorite Tales of game so far, with Xillia close behind it.

I think I'll start Xillia back up later today. Haven't played it since August, I wonder how much of the battle system/controls I still remember (I didn't find it too complicated when I played it). I know I started on some of the titles early on so I'll have less to do later. Story-wise I think I still know everything.

I started DotNW today. I only finished the first chapter so I don't have a huge impression of the game yet. Emil's a bit annoying and Marta is fine. At least they have good voice actors; JYB and Laura Bailey are a couple of my favorites. I know the original Symphonia characters all have different voices except Kratos and Colette though so that's a shame.

Hello, I'd like to join. I already finished Berseria but having a "deadline" to finish the rest from this series sounds fun. I try to finish Xillia 2 before end of November, Zesty before end of December and Innocence R before end of January. :)

Hey, you're going to plat Innocence R? Innocence R is the only Tales of Platinum that I'm missing. I managed Vesperia, but only because I had a guide, since my japanese is only at a basic level, I'm hasty to try Innocence R yet. Do you by any chance plan to do a guide?
  • Like 1

I finally platted Tales of Zestiria tonight.

The grind was really painful I honestly think it's the first time I have so much trouble with a Tales of game. 40 hours of story, 90 hours of grinding with very heavy RNG.

I'm just so glad it's over now. I think I left a bit of my sanity in this game.

• Like 3

Just a quick progress update: I'm currently on chapter 11 of my second playthrough, slowly making progress with the titles I have left to get. It's been nice to come back and go through it a second time, especially since there was alot of things that flew by my head the first time around. I'm hoping to have the platinum before I go back home for christmas holidays, but if not I'll be grinding through the rest of the game before Berseria comes out.

The Participants AKA The ????????

1. ratchet2425 - Tales of Xillia 2
  2. ratchet2425 - Tales of Xillia 2

Seems I was added twice by mistake, think it happened after I posted my first progress update. As for what to call all of the participants, I did abit of brainstorming and came up with a couple ideas, if you're interested:

• The Great Spirits
  • The Spirit Arte Users
  • The Title Collectors

Unfortunately that was all I could come up with, other than a couple that would only really work for the Xillia games and not any of the others.

• Like 1

The grind was really painful I honestly think it's the first time I have so much trouble with a Tales of game. 40 hours of story, 90 hours of grinding with very heavy RNG.

Wow! Totally not looking forward to it. Did you playthrough 2x?

Wow! Totally not looking forward to it. Did you playthrough 2x?

I did three playthroughs actually.

The first one to discover the game, and the second one to grind the remaining trophies. But leveling was too tedious with only x2 exp and I couldn't get everything I wanted from the Grade Shop at the end of my 1st run so I decided to start a third playthrough and I got pretty much everything available (drops x2, exp x6, etc etc) to start on Hard mode and get that x2 skill trophy as soon as possible.

My advice would be to farm huge quantities of Gald at the end of the first playthrough, level up all the lords of the land and get as many things as you can from the Grade Shop to avoid another useless playthrough.

Speedrunning the story takes less than 10 hours though.

The grind would have been better if you were not forced to track down everything you did because the ingame library is not efficient at all.

Vesperia remains the best Tales of in my heart, I spent more than 200 hours on this game and I loved every single one of them.

Edited by Myu
  • Like 1

As a general tipp for everyone who does the equipment trophies in Zestiria:

Fusion train first! Because of a simple reason: If you sanctify an equipment piece, up it to +99 and put one of the Normin skills in first slot (meaning use the joke equip), that skill will be x2 ALWAYS (drops AND shops) after you offer it up to a lord of the land. Makes the stack 16 trophy a walk in the park and if you put something like Lindwer in the first slot, the powered up endboss too.

Also if you're farming for a specific piece of equipment and looking to upgrade it to +10 or higher, sell one rubbish copy and use Rose's and Sorey's (after he gets it) support talent for item ordering. Item you sell will appear in the ordering list of the npc you sold too. Easy way to get copies, without RNG.

Edited by Kaleniya

Congratulation on finishing Zestiria  :yay:. You are the second person to finish Zestiria in this event and have been added to the Zestiria Hall of Fame. So how does Zestiria compare to any of the other Tales game you have played? If this is your first Tales game, how did you like it?

As for what to call all of the participants, I did abit of brainstorming and came up with a couple ideas, if you're interested:

1. The Title Collectors

I like it.

We are now known as the Title Collectors

• Like 1