Let's Finish: Tales (The Series)

KCw4jnH.jpg

If you were to ask someone to name a japanese action rpg, there is a very high chance the answer to would be a Tales game. For the past 20 years the Tales series has more or less been premier japanese action rpg. Whether it was Tales of Phantasia on the SNES, Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube, or one of the newer Tales games like Vesperia, Xillia, or Zestiria most jrpg gamers have played at least one Tales game. With the newest Tales game "Tales of Berseria" right around the corner, it's time to finish one of those Tales that is just sitting in your backlog.

Goal:

Our goal is to platinum any Tales game before Tales of Berseria is released in the US and EU on January 27, 2017.

Rules:
There are no rules besides have fun.

Who can Join?
Anyone who wants to. It doesn't matter if you haven't started a Tales game yet or if you are one trophy away from the plat, you can join if you want. Note: Please say which Tales game you plan on finishing.

Pace:
There is no pace to this event. Play through the game as fast or as slow as you want.

Guides:

The Participants AKA The Title Collectors

1. Soultaker655 - Tales of Hearts R
  2. Satoshi Ookami - Tales of Graces F
  3. Undead Wolf - Tales of Zestiria
  4. Rach - Tales of Hearts R
  5. Kent10201 - Tales of Hearts R
  6. Mr_McNight - Tales of Graces F
  7. A-Brawl3r - Tales of Symphonia/Dawn of the New World/Tales of Graces F
  8. cjshaitan - Tales of Xillia
  9. starcrunch061 - Tales of Symphonia/Dawn of the New World
  10. Dragon-Archon - Tales of Xillia/Tales of Graces F
  11. dertswa687o - Dawn of the New World
  12. Darkskilling - Tales of Symphonia
  13. ladynadiad - Tales of Graces f 
  14. Kaleniya - Tales of Symphonia
  15. The_Snooze - Tales of Xillia 2
  16. Xhillia - Tales of Vesperia
  17. Vincento - Tales of Xillia 2/Tales of Innocence R
  18. Edunstar84 - Tales of Xillia 2/Tales of Zestiria
  19. Kishnabe - Tales of Everything
  20. NullRay85 - Dawn of the New World
  21. T1M1D_HER0 - Tales of Everything?

Hall of Fames

Tales of Symphonia Hall of Fame

No one yet

Dawn of the New World Hall of Fame

No one yet

Tales of Graces F Hall of Fame

No one yet

Tales of Vesperia Hall of Fame

No one yet

Tales of Xillia Hall of Fame

Tales of Xillia 2 Hall of Fame

Tales of Zestiria Hall of Fame

Tales of Innocence R Hall of Fame

No one yet

Tales of Hearts R Hall of Fame

No one yet

Edited by soultaker655

As much as I would love to platinum Vesperia for this event, I think three months is a little tight considering I haven't even started it yet. I guess I'll have to find the motivation to plat that game later down the line.

I was planning on going for the platinum in Zestiria before Berseria hit anyway, so sign me up for that game instead. :)

Even though I will probably not make it by the deadline, I suggested it, I'm in.

Graces F - HanaKana JP version.

As much as I would love to platinum Vesperia for this event, I think three months is a little tight considering I haven't even started it yet. I guess I'll have to find the motivation to plat that game later down the line.

I was planning on going for the platinum in Zestiria before Berseria hit anyway, so sign me up for that game instead. :)

I may change the deadline to "before the seventeenth mainline tales game is released."

I may change the deadline to "before the seventeenth mainline tales game is released."

That's quite a long way away though. I mean we're talking like two years at best. I'd say that's too long just to platinum one game, and I don't think it would serve as much of a motivator.

Edited by Undead Wolf

Holy canoli, seems someone is eager to ride my coattails. :awesome:

J/K, but man, I'm tempted. I completed Tales of Symphonia on GameCube long ago and wished I could have gotten into this series, but man does it have a lot of stuff you have to be careful to time! :emo:

Maybe after I get my PRD list done, I might try the Chronicles again.

Maybe may it as deadline 2 for those who plan to play something but not in recent months.

That's quite a long way away though. I mean we're talking like two years at best. I'd say that's too long just to platinum one game, and I don't think it would serve as much of a motivator.

You never know. It's Tales, we may as well see the info about new one in 2017 =D

You never know. It's Tales, we may as well see the info about new one in 2017 =D

I think Berseria was announced right at the end of 2015, so that's a possibility. There's a big difference between announcement and the localised release date though. :P

Luckily they've gotten much better at bringing games over to the west quicker in recent times. The next mainline game is still years away though. I'm still hoping they localise Innocence R to tide us over until then, but that's looking more and more unlikely. :(

I'd love to sign up for this, I've got most of the Tales games that came out on PS3 and I'm trying to get Zestiria's story done before Berseria. However, Xillia 2 is the closest one I have to platinum so I'll use that for this event (really need some motivation to go grind out most of those titles).

Well, I'm already doing Xillia for the Fall Backlog Challenge, so I could sign up for this too. Two birds with one stone. :)

I've already started Xillia, I'm at the beginning of Act 2. First time playing a Tales game. I picked up Xillia 1 and 2 this summer. I plan to own/play all eventually, that I can get my hands on. My childhood was filled with JRPGs but as time went by I dropped off. I don't play many of them lately, but when I do I prefer Dos Equis it brings back memories.

So for now it's just Xillia 1 for me.

• Like 1

I'm in for Dawn of the New World. It's my last one and I've been trying to find some motivation to start it so this might as well be it. I might not make it by the time Berseria comes out though. I get really busy with work in January and I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish the game before then.

I could try to get in on this one.  Let's see, I only have platinumed Tales of Hearts R and 100%ed Zestiria on Steam, so those two are out.  I own the rest in English, probably of the remaining ones Tales of Graces f would be the best to try, or maybe Xillia?  I'll at least try to start one of them and certainly am open to suggestions on which is likely the quicker plat.

Edited by ladynadiad