Kill Your Completion... Again(Finished)

Oh, my order can certainly change if needed, I just put them in the order I thought of them.

Same here. I didn't put any thought into the order. I just picked a few shorter games, medium length games, and long games, and that was the order they fell in. 

Yeah I'm down to play the same game as someone else at the same time. Would make it more interesting.

Cool. :) Well, right now, I have Mad Max listed at dead last. But I could move it up, if you want. #s 2, 4, and 5 are ones I'm playing at the same time as others, at the moment. 

On a side note can anyone tell me how long (in hours) into Tales Of Xillia before I'm likely to earn a trophy because if it will take awhile then I'll play this on a Fri/Sat/Sun (there will be 2 of these for November) as that'll give me easily 25 hours or more to play it.

It's going to take awhile before you get your first trophy in Xillia.  I'd put it as a Fri/Sat/Sun game if you do want to ensure you have a shot at getting one. It's about a third of the way into the game, which is supposed to be 40-50 hours for the first playthrough, so you are looking at about 10-15 hours. 

• Like 1

It's going to take awhile before you get your first trophy in Xillia.  I'd put it as a Fri/Sat/Sun game if you do want to ensure you have a shot at getting one. It's about a third of the way into the game, which is supposed to be 40-50 hours for the first playthrough, so you are looking at about 10-15 hours.

Thanks, good to know. I had been looking at the trophy list and based on their rarities there didn't seem to be any that could be earned relatively quickly and I can't exactly kill my completion without earning at least one trophy in a game.

Thanks, good to know. I had been looking at the trophy list and based on their rarities there didn't seem to be any that could be earned relatively quickly and I can't exactly kill my completion without earning at least one trophy in a game.

Like ladynadiad said you have to play about 10 to 15 hours until you get your first trophy in the game. The first story-related trophy came for me at about ~20 hours (but I'm playing such games in a slow pace). You might want to go for one of the battle-based trophies first like using some special techniques a specific amount of times. For me the first trophy was Sadist (hitting weak points at least 1,000 times).

May God have mercy on your soul..

Nah, it can't get worse than that what you want to play. :P

1. Jak II

That game is pure torture for me. Edited by Crimson Idol

On a side note can anyone tell me how long (in hours) into Tales Of Xillia before I'm likely to earn a trophy

I finished chapter 1 at almost exactly 15 hours. You could rush through it faster than that I'm sure, or you could grind out one of the battle tech trophies like was previously mentioned.

Also, Destiny as #4, :highfive:

I should be able to get the OP updated n about an hour I think.

On a side note can anyone tell me how long (in hours) into Tales Of Xillia before I'm likely to earn a trophy

Yeah, like others have said, it takes awhile. Not sure how long it was for me, but likely 10+ hours. On the plus side, it's one of the easiest to Plat. Only one I've managed to complete, thus far. 100+ hour grinds are my kryptonite. :/ My 1st was a battle trophy for Milla, by the way. Stick to using her(or your character of choice), and you'll probably get one a bit sooner. 

Nah, it can't get worse than that what you want to play. :P

That game is pure torture for me.

Haha, well, we'll see. I hated Fez, but Jak II could always be worse. ^^'

Edited by DamagingRob

Oh gosh, I'm not sure what I am exactly doing given my completionist tendencies, but I think I will partake in this event! Yikes!

Couple quick questions:

1. Does the game need to have a platinum trophy?

2. Is trophy boosting allowed? Or only among KYC participants? Reason being, MP trophies are my gaming bane and there's a few possible games I would pick if I could work on the MP trophies with others.

- I assume we load up all 10 games on Nov. 1 but please tell me if that's not how it works.

Thanks for any info you can give!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

CK!

I just remembered I can actually play Shadow Of The Beast now! Bought it along with Bound and while I did start Bound (and obtained two trophies), I did not start Shadow Of The Beast yet. The VR version will take a while (if it's actually in development at all) so I can safely play that one...

So, remaining options, cursive are titles I'm seriously contemplating (the already decided four being BADLAND, Furi, Lords Of The Fallen, Super Stardust HD):
PS4
    Leo's Fortune
    The Playroom

Shadow Of The Beast
PS+
   Galak-Z: The Dimensional
   Magicka 2 (only if we can find a group to play with)
   Rebel Galaxy
   Resident Evil
   Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell
   Tricky Towers
   Ultratron
PS3
   Doodle God/Devil/Kingdom
PS+
   Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
   Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
   Mad Riders
   Retro/Grade
Vita
PS+

Actual Sunlight
   Code: Realize
   Surge Deluxe

Oh gosh, I'm not sure what I am exactly doing given my completionist tendencies, but I think I will partake in this event! Yikes!

Couple quick questions:
2. Is trophy boosting allowed? Or only among KYC participants? Reason being, MP trophies are my gaming bane and there's a few possible games I would pick if I could work on the MP trophies with others.

- I assume we load up all 10 games on Nov. 1 but please tell me if that's not how it works.

1 Nope

2 Yup

:)

No platinum needed but try to not just pick ten easy games that will be 100%ed in less than ten hours.

The previous event actually already had some co-opping. See also my list of options, I'll only do Magicka 2 if I can find a group to do it with. By the way, literal boosting for trophies might not be the only way you want to experience the game in the three days you have for it during the event, you can always keep it for later. The point of the event is more to experience some new stuff you already have, and write some stuff about it so others can be persuaded to get the game (or not get it). Reading those opinions last time was a blast, it involves a lot more writing here than just "game three done."

What do you mean by load up all games on november 1? We just play them across a whole month one game at a time for three days each... it's in the premise in the OP.

Couple quick questions:

1.)You can add 100% games if you want.  Just try to avoid having a list of 10 games that all take under 3 hours to complete.   :D

2.)Boost, coop, play naturally, it's up to you how you experience your games.

3.)Most of us loaded/patched our games before the first day last time, but if you're worried about space and want to just load up one or two at a time that's fine too.

Edit: If you meant to load up all games as F ranks then that's not necessary.  I'd originally considered requiring that but decided against it prior to the original event.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

1.)You can add 100% games if you want.  Just try to avoid having a list of 10 games that all take under 3 hours to complete.   :D

2.)Boost, coop, play naturally, it's up to you how you experience your games.

3.)Most of us loaded/patched our games before the first day last time, but if you're worried about space and want to just load up one or two at a time that's fine too.

:ninja: don't mind me... :D

Actually, did I misunderstand "load up all 10 games"? I thought it meant get them on our gamercard...

OP is updated and current as of this point.  It's just under 24 hours from the original posting.

We currently have 14 participants interested, 11 of those have submitted a full list of games (you can still make changes if you want.) Looks like a lot of people are synching up game schedules, which should make for some interesting reviews.  Just remember that it's all fun and games until somebody takes a grenade to the face... on the first day.

• Like 3

PS+ announcement is here!

I will definitely want to play Everybody's Gone To The Rapture and The Deadly Tower Of Monsters, anyone care to play those alongside me?

The other four games are going on my backlog but these two I really would like to play almost right away.

P.S. I just pre-ordered Watch Dogs 2 (thanks to a pre-order sale) but I don't want to put it on this list because I don't want to wait for a new set of three days once I get it... I'll just make that a "bonus" game I talk about :D

Edited by BillyHorrible

I'll likely just play those on the side. Both seem pretty short and easy to complete. But better for me than the rumor, since I already owned Saint's Row IV, and I don't have to have 2 BlazBlue games in my backlog. ^^ 

Those two still might be true for Asia... Rapture was true so it's credible.

This might be the best all around ps+ line up since I've started subscribing. I don't own, and would play, all 6 of these games.

I'm most likely going to drop GoW and put Dirt 3 there. Been a log time since I played a racing game and my list could use a little more variety. I might try to fit in Costume Quest 2 as well, or maybe instead. :dunno:

Also, Destiny as #4, :highfive:

Since Destiny isn't a quick or easy plat I'm going to be playing it over my Christmas holidays at the end of the year as this will give me 3 solid weeks to put as much time as I can into it so I figured I might as well give myself a 3 day preview and add it to my list.

I've also decided to make the first 4 games I play the 4 PS3 games I've selected as I'm getting the PS4 Pro on day one and I'll be taking the 1Tb solid state hybrid drive out of my current PS4 and putting it in the Pro and I'll need time to download all my games again.

• Like 1

This might be the best all around ps+ line up since I've started subscribing. I don't own, and would play, all 6 of these games.

I'm most likely going to drop GoW and put Dirt 3 there. Been a log time since I played a racing game and my list could use a little more variety. I might try to fit in Costume Quest 2 as well, or maybe instead. :dunno:

I recommend Costume Quest 2 :)  Been playing it recently and I'm having a blast, it's not a long game by any means but I really like the battle system. If you play it though, space it away from South Park...it has a similar(ish) battle system so I can imagine it getting pretty samey if you played them back to back.

• Like 1

Since Destiny isn't a quick or easy plat I'm going to be playing it over my Christmas holidays at the end of the year as this will give me 3 solid weeks to put as much time as I can into it so I figured I might as well give myself a 3 day preview and add it to my list.

Sounds like a plan. I'm treating it like Helldivers. I went in with an open mind, but no real plan to chase the Plat. If it's good enough I'll get there eventually, but I'm not going to burn myself out trying to do it quickly.

I usually play after 8pm, but it looks like I'm 6 hours ahead of you, so maybe we'll be able to hook up once or twice for some low level questing.

I usually play after 8pm, but it looks like I'm 6 hours ahead of you, so maybe we'll be able to hook up once or twice for some low level questing.

Sounds good. I will be looking for people to play co-op with in it but one thing that does suck about being a gamer in New Zealand is the majority of gamers live in North America and Europe and their primary gaming hours are when I'm fast asleep but at least with playing it when I'm on holiday is I can stay up far later than usual.

Dirt 3 is also a game I'm interested in, but I have enough racing games atm so I'm not replacing one game from my line up. I'm more eager to play Driver. :D

Need For Speed Rivals (PS4)

Bought in this week's deal of the week? It's another game I'm interested in but I tried the Timed Trial for PS3 and I instantly disliked it as the game has no real pause menu which is a big bummer for me.

Edited by Crimson Idol