Kill Your Completion... Again(Finished)

I've been debating about joining this since I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to play over the next month, I think 3 hours a game is probably do able though so I'll join and hope I can keep up. I've got 5 games already decided and 4 more genres that I want to pick a game from. I haven't checked other people's list yet but if anyone wants to pair up for a game on my list then I'm pretty open to which slot I'll play any of the games (except 2 and 10 since I probably won't be around much for them)

Games:

Definite games: I Am Alive, Yakuza 4, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Natural Doctrine

1 Zombie game: Zombi, Zombie Driver HD, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0, Deadlight Director's Cut, Sheltered

1 Story based game: Back to the Future, Grim Fandango, Everybody's gone to the Rapture, White Night, Sherlock Holmes: Crime and Punishment, Book of Unwritten Tales 2

1 "Space Ship" game: Velocity Ultra, Galak-Z, Rebel Galaxy, Switch Galaxy Ultra, Amplitude

1 RPG: Final Fantasy XII-2, Tales of Xillia 2, Okami, Digimon Cyber Story, Witch and the Hundred Knight (ps4), Kingdom of Amalur

I've played all of the games on your definite list except for Natural Doctrine, which I do not have.

Out of the rest, I could play along with any of the following: Resident Evil (that's the one that's on PS+ now right?), Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Rebel Galaxy, Galak-Z.

I have slots 5,6, 9 and 10 still open, though one is possibly filled with Deadly Tower, and I could reschedule on a lot of the games I already have on my list.

I'm in.

My current list is:

1. Tricky Towers (PS4)
 2. Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (PSV)
 3. Skulls of the Shogun (PS4)
 4. Furi (PS4)
 5. Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (PS4)
 6. Futuridium EP Deluxe (PSV)
 7. Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer (PS3)
 8. Retro/Grade (PS3)
 9. La-Mulana EX (PSV)
10. Final Fantasy X-2 HD (PSV)

I matched Furi with Billyhorrible, DamagingRob and MarkusT1992. I read that Billy is looking for people to play Magicka 2 with. I am in if we can find more people for it.

• Like 4

Crikey! I go to bed and wake up to 35 notifications, all but one from this thread. I'm going to do my best to respond to the things I need to, but if I miss something feel free to call me out on it. I'll start getting people added to the OP as the day goes on.

One thing I feel I should mention. It's all good to play along with others, but don't feel pressured to do so. The event is about trying out games you want to. If that lines up with others great. If not, we get to read about even more games.

One more thing I'd like people to weigh in on. I was thinking before the event of allowing each person to add one game with a single trophy earned. I just completely forgot to bring it up before we got started. It won't actually lower your completion, but apart from the catchy title, that's not the main goal of the event anyway.

Another 'one more' thing. I was thinking about making the 'fixture' start/end times noon instead of midnight. We could still start at midnight on the 1st, and the 1st group would run 3.5 days. I rarely play between waking up and noon, but I'm often playing until 1 or 2 am. With the old method, this necessitated a game switch at midnight, so I was wondering what people would think about changing the break time. The end for the full event would then be noon on Dec 1st. It would just make keeping track slightly easier (imo) . Thoughts?

1. Virginia + Abzu (two smaller games as one entry, if you'll allow it. I've been trying to get myself to play Abzu since launch day.)

9. Persona 4 Arena (I have 1 trophy

For the first thing definitely to for it. For the 2nd I'm going to give you a tentative yes, unless there's a huge outcry from other participants.

Just noticed that episode one of Minecraft: Story Mone is free.

Totally fine.

Welcome... And holy crap that is a lot of hours. A bunch of us have jobs and families, that's why I gave us 3 days per game and set a lenient 3 hour "suggested" minimum.

Such a shame I can't join since I don't fulfill all requirements .. :(

Like others said, just take your time, wander around the forums. You'll find those posts coming naturally just by joining in the discussions. However, posts made in the 'Forum Games' section don't count towards your total.

...south park

will update my choices in a few days when i have more time

I'm doing SP:TSOT, currently in the 2nd slot but I could move if you want.

Sounds good, I'd like to have lists finalized on the 29th, so plenty of time.

Crikey! I go to bed and wake up to 35 notifications, all but one from this thread. I'm going to do my best to respond to the things I need to, but if I miss something feel free to call me out on it. I'll start getting people added to the OP as the day goes on.

One thing I feel I should mention. It's all good to play along with others, but don't feel pressured to do so. The event is about trying out games you want to. If that lines up with others great. If not, we get to read about even more games.

One more thing I'd like people to weigh in on. I was thinking before the event of allowing each person to add one game with a single trophy earned. I just completely forgot to bring it up before we got started. It won't actually lower your completion, but apart from the catchy title, that's not the main goal of the event anyway.

Another 'one more' thing. I was thinking about making the 'fixture' start/end times noon instead of midnight. We could still start at midnight on the 1st, and the 1st group would run 3.5 days. I rarely play between waking up and noon, but I'm often playing until 1 or 2 am. With the old method, this necessitated a game switch at midnight, so I was wondering what people would think about changing the break time. The end for the full event would then be noon on Dec 1st. It would just make keeping track slightly easier (imo) . Thoughts?

For the first thing definitely to for it. For the 2nd I'm going to give you a tentative yes, unless there's a huge outcry from other participants.

The one trophy earned thing would completely change my list and for that reason I'll steer clear (though I have no problem with it as a rule). I'll do that for Round 3. Likewise, I will decline to play P4A.

I'm okay with the time shift. I play consoles mostly at night and handhelds to and from work.

i'll post my final list in a bit.

I'm in.

My current list is:

1. Tricky Towers (PS4)

2. Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (PSV)

3. Skulls of the Shogun (PS4)

4. Furi (PS4)

5. Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (PS4)

6. Futuridium EP Deluxe (PSV)

7. Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer (PS3)

8. Retro/Grade (PS3)

9. La-Mulana EX (PSV)

10. Final Fantasy X-2 HD (PSV)

I matched Furi with Billyhorrible, DamagingRob and MarkusT1992. I read that Billy is looking for people to play Magicka 2 with. I am in if we can find more people for it.

Coolio! I'll add you to my Fury list. If we can find two more I'm down with Magicka (are you in a western European time zone perchance?)

I have a couple of slots left and before I started doing this 'play alongside each other' thing, I had Tricky Towers on my list for this event. Want to try to do those in the same slot?

I could eventually do the same for Retro/Grade which I want to play as well, other games are higher on my list and we're already playing at least one game together so I'm thinking about waiting to see how much space I will have left on monday before I commit to Retro/Grade.

[...]

[...]

Totally fine.

On starting point: I actually liked playing until midnight, writing a review and starting a bit on the next game :D

On game with a trophy earned: AW HELLS NO! :) seriously though, already having an earned trophy means your completion percentage does not go down with it, which is kind of the point of this event. I'm all for an event like this one but where one trophy games are allowed (I have a bunch of those I really finally want to play), I don't think it is fitting for this event though.

On Ep1 of Minecraft: Coolio! I probably will only end up playing it if there's anybody else who wants to put it on their list though. If I somehow end up with an open spot left after all these discussions, I think Shadow Of The Beast will be first.

Like others said, just take your time, wander around the forums. You'll find those posts coming naturally just by joining in the discussions. However, posts made in the 'Forum Games' section don't count towards your total.

thnx for the tip!! =) getting closer slowly already lol..

• Like 1

I like the idea of noon.  I am usually up at all hours with my son and I can sometimes get in a bit around the 3-5 am time frame

1) One more thing I'd like people to weigh in on. I was thinking before the event of allowing each person to add one game with a single trophy earned. I just completely forgot to bring it up before we got started. It won't actually lower your completion, but apart from the catchy title, that's not the main goal of the event anyway.

2) Another 'one more' thing. I was thinking about making the 'fixture' start/end times noon instead of midnight. We could still start at midnight on the 1st, and the 1st group would run 3.5 days. I rarely play between waking up and noon, but I'm often playing until 1 or 2 am. With the old method, this necessitated a game switch at midnight, so I was wondering what people would think about changing the break time. The end for the full event would then be noon on Dec 1st. It would just make keeping track slightly easier (imo) . Thoughts?

1) That's fine with me.

2) Either is fine with me. Had a question, but got resolved as I had missed part of the paragraph.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

I've played all of the games on your definite list except for Natural Doctrine, which I do not have.

Out of the rest, I could play along with any of the following: Resident Evil (that's the one that's on PS+ now right?), Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Rebel Galaxy, Galak-Z.

I have slots 5,6, 9 and 10 still open, though one is possibly filled with Deadly Tower, and I could reschedule on a lot of the games I already have on my list.

How about Resident Evil then (It is the PS+ one)? I'm happy to fit it into slot 5,6 or 9, I'll let you decide since you're fitting your games with more people. 

I think the time change is a nice idea, it probably wouldn't effect me since I won't be playing after midnight but I could see it being helpful for people that do.

One thing

One more thing 

Another 'one more' thing.

I knew it wasn't Samus under that mask, and this confirms it. You're Jackie Chan's uncle! 

3c01073cbe8b09fac4f835c28320a8101de63ce1

:P

Coolio! I'll add you to my Fury list. If we can find two more I'm down with Magicka (are you in a western European time zone perchance?)

So many playing Furi. xD Wonder how much bitching will result from this? It's supposedly pretty darn challenging. ^^'

• Like 3

I'm not too fussed about the start time. Don't know if there are other Europeans, who are joining in. But I'm about 6-9 hours ahead of those across the pond.

We're not 'synching up' our watches or anything. You don't need to do any math based on gmt or my specific time zone. You'll start your game at midnight (or noon) wherever your location is. I don't think I expressly stated that in the OP.

I just found myself playing game X for an hour or two, then starting game Y at midnight. Then I'd need to write a review for both games the next day. That's really what I'm trying to avoid.

How about Resident Evil then (It is the PS+ one)? I'm happy to fit it into slot 5,6 or 9, I'll let you decide since you're fitting your games with more people.

In that case, I think I need some hours to give RE a chance before doing a final opinion and slot 6 is when I'm pretty sure I'll have time to game every evening. Adding you now...

So many playing Furi. xD Wonder how much bitching will result from this? It's supposedly pretty darn challenging. ^^'

Glad I'm not a completionist... How much do you want to bet that it's me going "wow, nice game for as long as it lasts" and a bunch of trophy hunters going "WHY THE HELL DID I START THIS"

We're not 'synching up' our watches or anything. You don't need to do any math based on gmt or my specific time zone. You'll start your game at midnight (or noon) wherever your location is. I don't think I expressly stated that in the OP.

I just found myself playing game X for an hour or two, then starting game Y at midnight. Then I'd need to write a review for both games the next day. That's really what I'm trying to avoid.

Just start writing at midnight, then play a bit if you still want to or else just start playing the next day, because you don't have to write about the game from the day before any more... That's what I did.

My current list...

• BADLAND (with Crimson Idol)
  • Lords Of The Fallen (with MarkusT1992)
  • Super Stardust HD (with MStalker58)
  • Furi (with Danny_Johansen, DamagingRob and MarkusT1992)
  • ?
  • Resident Evil (with whoadreader)
  • Letter Quest Remastered (with voodoo_eyes and XX_FTW)
  • DiRT 3 (with a bunch of people, I'll write this down once everyone has decided)
  • ?
  • ?

XX_FTW with Deadly Tower and PerryToxteth with Rapture are still possibilities at this point so I have one to three spots still open for anyone who wants to play something at the same time. Of course, anybody else wanting to play Deadly Tower and/or Rapture can say so as well.

Edited by BillyHorrible

I'm neutral/slightly positive on it, especially if it's a trophy earned on loading or in the first five minutes. Kinda messes up people that like to have all their games on their profile.

That would open up the Game of Thrones RPG and God of War: Ascension for me. Definitely no temptation to switch. :rolleyes:

Slight preference for midnight, since my more common times are spread over 11-11, but that works pretty easily either way.

</superusefulpost>

I have a couple of slots left and before I started doing this 'play alongside each other' thing, I had Tricky Towers on my list for this event. Want to try to do those in the same slot?

Ye, my timezone is GMT+2. Let me know when you can do Tricky Towers and I will update it to that slot, anything will work.

If we need to switch, is 9 available?

Sure, whichever slot you prefer is fine. I have the easiest time shuffling games around, so once you guys are sorted out, let me know and I'll adjust.

Yeah 9 is available for me. Voodoo?

Ye, my timezone is GMT+2. Let me know when you can do Tricky Towers and I will update it to that slot, anything will work.

For now, 5 is definitely still available, the others are in discussion.

Oh my mistake then! I'm just so used to starting events at a specific time.

If we need to switch, is 9 available?

Yeah 9 is available for me. Voodoo?

For now, 5 is definitely still available, the others are in discussion.

Spot 9 works for me, no problem. I'll update my order accordingly on the 31st. In case I'll end up making any further changes.

I knew it wasn't Samus under that mask, and this confirms it. You're Jackie Chan's uncle! 

Samus?!? That's Isaac Clarke from the Dead Space games. 

As for the suggestion to change start times, it really doesn't matter to me. Think I wrote most of my game thoughts the next morning so I guess maybe doing it at noon might help and wouldn't cut into time for the next game while writing final thoughts on the previous one. Really doesn't matter though and I'm fine with whatever is decided.

All right. Do to the overwhelmingly luke-warm positive responses, and the two clear cut negative responses, neither of the proposed rule changes will go into effect for this edition.

To be clear.

ALL games must be 0%

And

Midnight (your local time) is the game switch time.

Glad I'm not a completionist... How much do you want to bet that it's me going "wow, nice game for as long as it lasts" and a bunch of trophy hunters going "WHY THE HELL DID I START THIS"

Haha, yeah. I do my best most of the time, but I'll throw in the towel, if a game just isn't worth it. 

Crap. Rob, where did we fall on SotC? I just realized I offered you 7 or 10 and then gave 7 to Billy.

Looks like you guys may have it sorted, but I could move it to 10. Playing Mad Max alongside Hourisathand, but I don't think we have a number set, yet. 

Samus?!? That's Isaac Clarke from the Dead Space games. 

Never played them, but it goes back to a joke I made in the "Would you marry the person above you?" thread. :P