Kill Your Completion... Again(Finished)

Poor Billy. :/

I don't think that most of the games you chose suck (maybe those Doodle-games) or that people don't want to play with you. Personally I have barely anything to choose from your list as I know that most of the games aren't my cup of tea and most of them being IGC-games I didn't activate as I knew that I would never ever play them.

Yeah I know, the problem with most of the games left on my backlog list is that it's either stuff you really want and play right away, or it's not your cup of tea. A lot is semi to high profile stuff that many of the people into it will already have played.

Edit: Just noticed that episode one of Minecraft: Story Mone is free. I will definitely download and play it; I usually get all Telltale Games games but I refuse to buy them right away because Telltale is horrible with quick sales. Add to that that I don't like Minecraft, and I still have not played this one. I might make Episode 1 part of this event somewhere in a slot of days where I do not have much time to game (and it's still killing my backlog if I complete E1 since there's so many unplayed episodes after it).

Edited by BillyHorrible

It's not for lack of trying though, I posted my list of possible games about half a dozen times... I guess nobody wants to play with me, or the games I have suck :(

I'd be willing to, but the only games there I own I've already platinumed or own on another platform

That's up to you. I don't have to be playing all of them simultaneously with someone else. Not sure how similar they are. Rune Factory is kind of like Harvest Moon, I think. But I haven't played those either, so I can't say what they're like. Atelier, I have tried. And there was a lot of strict time management. Kind of turned me off. 

See, I actually don't mind time management.  It's actually a genre I love on PC that barely exists on consoles.  But yeah, I keep reading that Rune Factory is similar or gives a similar vibe as the Ateiler games.  I'm good with swapping, I wasn't too attached to starting another Kingdom Hearts game, so I'll swap it out for Birth by Sleep and change the spot to match where you have Rune Factory now.  I also went ahead and swapped FFXIII to match up with another list.  Someone else had Tales of Xillia too so that may change up depending on where they end up putting it.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

This is what I have so far. Subject to change and criticism, as all off the top of my head without checking trophies or guides.

In no particular order:

1. Virginia + Abzu (two smaller games as one entry, if you'll allow it. I've been trying to get myself to play Abzu since launch day.)

2. Final Fantazy XIII

3. Song of the Deep

4. OxenFree

5. Shadow of the Colossus

6. Letter Quest

7. Hotline Miami

8. Ico

9. Persona 4 Arena (I have 1 trophy that pops just for putting the disc in but have never actually made it past the menu screen. Can this count?) or Child of Light

10. Deadly Tower of Monster or Sine Mora

I recommend Child of LIght!

I must have missed your post at first, I see in the OP now that you're doing Letter Quest as well. Would you like to play alongside me (and possibly XX_FTW)?

Sure, whichever slot you prefer is fine. I have the easiest time shuffling games around, so once you guys are sorted out, let me know and I'll adjust.

• Like 1

Let me know if you would be interested in playing this at the same time I do as we could knock out the 6 multiplayer trophies together. Preferably a slot that includes a weekend to take into account our time differences.

Sure :) . I sleep + work odd hours so the time difference shouldn't be a problem anyway.

Awesome!  And yeah, I know not much variance in genres for me, but my unplayed games are indeed nearly all RPGs.   I don't have PS+ is the main reason why.  I did at least keep it to one per series.

You have some good series on that list... Also on your game list / profile ^~^

You've got four and a half days left to spam posts on the forums.

GO!

Haha, I don't really like spamming for no reason =( 

Well I guess I do have some reason, but still spamming ... 

then people will report me lols 

Haha, I don't really like spamming for no reason =( 

Well I guess I do have some reason, but still spamming ... 

then people will report me lols 

Go to the playstation network forum.  There's a lot of threads like most recent trophy, most recent platinum, advise the next plat to the guy above you, etc. that are easy to get some posts in since the point of them is to post multiple times in them.

Also thanks for the comment about my list and profile stuff.  Maybe if you can get enough posts in we can play some stuff at the same time!

Edited by ladynadiad

There is spamming and spamming... Many of us go way over ten posts a day and all on topic and/or really in a discussion.

yeah ok, you have a point in that.. Might check that out later.. (sort of @ my work checking the forum "really quick")

Go to the playstation network forum.  There's a lot of threads like most recent trophy, most recent platinum, advise the next plat to the guy above you, etc. that are easy to spam in and not be reported.

thnx for the tip!! (but then I have to include that game in my list right??)

Go to the playstation network forum.  There's a lot of threads like most recent trophy, most recent platinum, advise the next plat to the guy above you, etc. that are easy to get some posts in since the point of them is to post multiple times in them.

Also thanks for the comment about my list and profile stuff.  Maybe if you can get enough posts in we can play some stuff at the same time!

yeah ok, you have a point in that.. Might check that out later.. (sort of @ my work checking the forum "really quick")

thnx for the tip!! (but then I have to include that game in my list right??)

Personally I like to browse the "Unreleased Games" subforum for news on upcoming stuff. I don't really do the "post your latest" thing or those recommend a plat threads, most of my posts are either talking specific games/developments, or events.

Surely you have an opinion on VR... the new South Park... Horizon Zero Dawn... PS+... PS4 Pro? That isn't even spamming, it's just joining the discussions :)

Personally I like to browse the "Unreleased Games" subforum for news on upcoming stuff. I don't really do the "post your latest" thing or those recommend a plat threads, most of my posts are either talking specific games/developments, or events.

Surely you have an opinion on VR... the new South Park... Horizon Zero Dawn... PS+... PS4 Pro? That isn't even spamming, it's just joining the discussions :)

true, I'll try something tonight ^~^. thnx for the support! 

Your welcome =) and yeah who knows!! I'd like that ^~^ 

i missed out on the previous event having been out of the country for half the month...this time around i find myself in the middle of a big contract at work...i tend to hit over 300 hours/month average work time (yes, i usually work 12 hours/day, 7 days/ week) and have two kids that i want to spend most of my time off work with so find myself short on time to hit up games...my completion rate is always high as i play one game at-a-time till it reaches 100%...i have always said that i couldn't care less about trophies but my profile would indicate otherwise...an event like this would do some nice damage to my completion % for a couple years sooooooooo... ... ... ...count me in...haven't refined my list yet...tentative games are:

- remember me

- the saboteur

- prototype

- killer is dead

- beyond: two souls

- darksiders

- ni no kuni

- batman: blackgate

- star wars: force unleashed 2

- one piece: pirate warriors

- south park: stick of truth

- far cry 4

- x-men origins: wolverine

Woohoo, someone else being interested in Killer Is Dead. Choose it, choose it. :D

The only other game I would recommend is South Park. Seems like a lot of people like it.

Ni No Kuni could also be a nice game as it has a nice artstyle and music (but some flaws, too).

Batman: Blackgate (I assume it's the PS3-version?) is an okay game but can become quite tedious as you have to play through it three times :|

my goal was to have less popular/older games as well as a good balance for variety and since i love mltiplayer and co-op, some with either of the two...south park (i think i saw someone else had chosen it) and far cry 4 were ones i thought didn't quite fit but far cry having co-op sounded good...i thought comparing games from a series i've already played most of the titles in would be fun...i actually have several other games in my backlog including the series for all one piece games, darksiders and prototype 2, dark souls, shadows of mordor, diablo, gat out of hell, etc. and a few no-plat games, but will save them should another event like this come up in the future...all my games are ps3...my lack of spare time combined with the size of my backlog is the main reason why i haven't jumped on ps4 yet...i will also be doing something that i haven't done since super mario on nintendo as a kid (as soon as a friend showed me the warp in level 1-2 my gaming strategy changed forever obsessively trying to accomplish everything possible in every game)  and just play the game as is...no guides, no thought of future 100% whether in game unlockables or in trophies...just play...will update my choices in a few days when i have more time to look at what others are going to be playing and sort through all the games i have yet to begin...off to work...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

Yeah I know, the problem with most of the games left on my backlog list is that it's either stuff you really want and play right away, or it's not your cup of tea. A lot is semi to high profile stuff that many of the people into it will already have played.

Edit: Just noticed that episode one of Minecraft: Story Mone is free. I will definitely download and play it; I usually get all Telltale Games games but I refuse to buy them right away because Telltale is horrible with quick sales. Add to that that I don't like Minecraft, and I still have not played this one. I might make Episode 1 part of this event somewhere in a slot of days where I do not have much time to game (and it's still killing my backlog if I complete E1 since there's so many unplayed episodes after it).

Not a fan of Minecraft either but Story Mode is very much so a Telltale Game with a Minecraft aesthetic and a bit of lore. I think you're safe in this regard.

As far as playing games simultaneously I am down for it. I'll need Hemiak to weigh in on a couple things so can't commit to Tower just yet but Letter Quest is a go. I'm planning for it to be either 7 or 8.

I recommend Child of LIght!

Yeah I've been meaning to get to it since launch. It's been downloaded and taking up space ever since.

Sure, whichever slot you prefer is fine. I have the easiest time shuffling games around, so once you guys are sorted out, let me know and I'll adjust.

Not a fan of Minecraft either but Story Mode is very much so a Telltale Game with a Minecraft aesthetic and a bit of lore. I think you're safe in this regard.

As far as playing games simultaneously I am down for it. I'll need Hemiak to weigh in on a couple things so can't commit to Tower just yet but Letter Quest is a go. I'm planning for it to be either 7 or 8.

Yeah I've been meaning to get to it since launch. It's been downloaded and taking up space ever since.

Shall we put Letter Quest on 7 then? I'm planning on DiRT on 8 with others, at least Crimson wants that on 8 as well.

Cool. If it turns out to actually be a PS4 game, I will play on PS4 by the way.

So then my current list is:

1. BADLAND (with Crimson Idol)
  2. Lords Of The Fallen (with MarkusT1992)
  3. Super Stardust HD (with MStalker58)
  4. Furi (with DamagingRob and MarkusT1992)
  5. ?
  6. ?
  7. Letter Quest Remastered (with voodoo_eyes and XX_FTW)
  8. DiRT 3 (with a bunch of people, I'll write this down once everyone has decided)
  9. ?
  10. ?

Waiting to see if XX_FTW wants to do Deadly Tower and if PerryToxteth wants to do Rapture together, so I have two to four spots still open for anyone who wants to play something at the same time.

I've been debating about joining this since I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to play over the next month, I think 3 hours a game is probably do able though so I'll join and hope I can keep up. I've got 5 games already decided and 4 more genres that I want to pick a game from. I haven't checked other people's list yet but if anyone wants to pair up for a game on my list then I'm pretty open to which slot I'll play any of the games (except 2 and 10 since I probably won't be around much for them)

Games:

Definite games: I Am Alive, Yakuza 4, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Natural Doctrine

1 Zombie game: Zombi, Zombie Driver HD, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0, Deadlight Director's Cut, Sheltered

1 Story based game: Back to the Future, Grim Fandango, Everybody's gone to the Rapture, White Night, Sherlock Holmes: Crime and Punishment, Book of Unwritten Tales 2

1 "Space Ship" game: Velocity Ultra, Galak-Z, Rebel Galaxy, Switch Galaxy Ultra, Amplitude

1 RPG: Final Fantasy XII-2, Tales of Xillia 2, Okami, Digimon Cyber Story, Witch and the Hundred Knight (ps4), Kingdom of Amalur

• Like 2