Kill Your Completion... Again(Finished)

Okay final list of games. I'm shying away from giving specific orders to my game list, if that's okay. I'll play whatever I reach for unless I have an agreement to play at a certain time or circumstance outside of this forum dictate it (those games are numbered).

Virginia + Abzu

Final Fantasy XIII

Song of the Deep

OxenFree

Ico

Child of Light

7. Shadow of the Colossus 

8. Hotline Miami

9. Letter Quest

10. Deadly Tower of Monster

• Like 2

Okay final list of games. I'm shying away from giving specific orders to my game list, if that's okay. I'll play whatever I reach for unless I have an agreement to play at a certain time or circumstance outside of this forum dictate it (those games are numbered).

Virginia + Abzu

Final Fantasy XIII

Song of the Deep

OxenFree

Ico

Child of Light

8. Hotline Miami

9. Letter Quest

YAY DEADLY TOWER OF MONSTERS!

So this is my current list...

• BADLAND (with Crimson Idol)
  • Lords Of The Fallen (with MarkusT1992)
  • Super Stardust HD (with MStalker58)
  • Furi (with Danny_Johansen, DamagingRob and MarkusT1992)
  • Tricky Towers (with Danny_Johansen)
  • Resident Evil (with whoadreader)
  • ?
  • DiRT 3 (with a bunch of people, I'll write this down once everyone has decided)
  • Letter Quest Remastered (with voodoo_eyes and XX_FTW)
  • The Deadly Tower Of Monsters (with XX_FTW)

So that's nine slots out of ten done, the tenth possibly being Rapture with at least PerryToxteth.

P.S. Hemiak, wanna bet this thread ends up with double the posts of the previous one? :)

In that case, I think I need some hours to give RE a chance before doing a final opinion and slot 6 is when I'm pretty sure I'll have time to game every evening. Adding you

[*]?

XX_FTW with Deadly Tower and PerryToxteth with Rapture are still possibilities at this point so I have one to three spots still open for anyone who wants to play something at the same time. Of course, anybody else wanting to play Deadly Tower and/or Rapture can say so as well.

Billy, Rapture at 10 is good for me!

I might slide Lords/Fallen into the same slot as you too.

EDIT - just saw your latest post. You can slide Rapture into 7 if that fits your schedule better. I just figured we should end the event with a happy go lucky game right? ;)

Edited by PerryToxteth

Never played them, but it goes back to a joke I made in the "Would you marry the person above you?" thread. :P

Don't worry man. I got the joke. Although it still hurts you said no... /cry

P.S. Hemiak, wanna bet this thread ends up with double the posts of the previous one? :)

No way I'm taking that bet with you bunch of spammers. xD

Seriously though, we've got almost double the participants already, and it's not the 2nd day of sign ups. Plus there's been a lot of back and forth about the games already. I'm just wondering if we're going to hit 100 pages before the official end date.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 3

YAY DEADLY TOWER OF MONSTERS!

So this is my current list...

• Furi (with Danny_Johansen, DamagingRob and MarkusT1992)
  • ?
  • DiRT 3 (with a bunch of people, I'll write this down once everyone has decided)
So that's nine slots out of ten done, the tenth possibly being Rapture with at least PerryToxteth.

EDIT - just saw your latest post. You can slide Rapture into 7 if that fits your schedule better. I just figured we should end the event with a happy go lucky game right? ;)

Congratulations Billy. If I'm not mistaken you are the first to have a complete line-up consisting of games you play simultaenous with others. Here's your reward. :)

57452280.jpg

• Like 2

Congratulations Billy. If I'm not mistaken you are the first to have a complete line-up consisting of games you play simultaenous with others.

You know why he wanted it do bad don't you? He's going to spend the entire month trolling this thread, waiting for one of his partners to post. He'll then quote them and post ^^this.
  • Like 1

You know why he wanted it do bad don't you? He's going to spend the entire month trolling this thread, waiting for one of his partners to post. He'll then quote them and post ^^this.

I don't think that's the case. I expect Billy to exhaust the maximum post-size by quoting the reviews in full and adding his own recap.

I might be able to get Rapture on 10 if you want but XX_FTW has a pretty full schedule as well and I think Deadly Tower may be a better finisher than Rapture :) What exactly do you mean with "happy go lucky"? I'm not a native English speaker, I think this went over my head.

Just say so if you're doing Lords Of The Fallen at the same time and I'll add you to that buddy list.

Congratulations Billy. If I'm not mistaken you are the first to have a complete line-up consisting of games you play simultaenous with others. Here's your reward. :)

57452280.jpg

Wooohooo!

Though you could have gone the geekier route and done a "no-prize" :)

I don't think that's the case. I expect Billy to exhaust the maximum post-size by quoting the reviews in full and adding his own recap.

I don't know what the max post size is but I hit the max quote quantity once, I think it was ten :)

As a matter of fact, my intention was to not just post my own thoughts but indeed say something about what the others thought, at least as in "I think this game sucks yeti balls and Crimson seems to agree with that" or the like. It would actually help if we could figure out a rating scale in advance. Here's my suggestion:

:hidden: Awful piece of shit. Watching paint dry would have been more interesting.

:bronze: Just bad. Not horrible but it leaves a sour taste. And not the good kind of sour like lemons.

:silver: Mediocre all the way. Too mediocre to even compare it to something, just like... uhm...

:gold: Fun game, great while it lasts. It can brighten even your bad days. Just like pizza.

:platinum:

kw5Dx.jpg

Also, so this is my list...

• Furi (with DamagingRob, Danny_Johansen and MarkusT1992)
  • Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (with PerryToxteth)
If anybody wants to join a game or if slots need to be re-ordered, just HOLLAH GIRL! Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 3

Virginia + Abzu

Final Fantasy XIII

Song of the Deep

OxenFree

Ico

Child of Light

8. Hotline Miami

9. Letter Quest

I'm going to be playing Final Fantasy XIII as well.  I'm okay with the current spot you have it in though of #2.

Could you please post less :P

50 notification when I finally can check the forums. Who shall read all this stuff :dunno:.

It seems that this time we have a lot of duplicate games so I let my list as it is to bring in some varity at least.

Maybe we can find a group for Magicka 2 after the event. I wanted to play it but it's a bit boring alone.

50 notification when I finally can check the forums. Who shall read all this stuff :dunno:.

It seems that this time we have a lot of duplicate games so I let my list as it is to bring in some varity at least.

Maybe we can find a group for Magicka 2 after the event. I wanted to play it but it's a bit boring alone.

Just wait until the event actually starts and the all the updates for the games get posted, as well as possible replies :lol: .

I'd be up for Magicka 2 as well, sometime down the line. I've got it somewhere on my download list, but haven't been feeling like making boosting session for it, so a more "casual" approach would be neat.

Well, apparently I'm either replacing something with Batman: Arkham Origins, playing it as an extra, or giving up on ever getting the platinum...

In case anyone else has it sitting in their backlogs: Servers closing December 4th

I saw that.. Don't think I ever had much of an intention to go back to it, though. But I did pop an easy trophy in it not too long ago, so it's fully updated and installed, if anyone needed help with it. I could fire it up without much hassle. 

Fifty? We didn't quote you THAT much! Are you following this thread or something? Because that's your own damn fault :D

Duplicate games tend to happen if people play alongside each other :)

Just wait until the event actually starts and the all the updates for the games get posted, as well as possible replies :lol: .

I'd be up for Magicka 2 as well, sometime down the line. I've got it somewhere on my download list, but haven't been feeling like making boosting session for it, so a more "casual" approach would be neat.

"Possible" replies? :D

So combined with Danny and me, that's four for Magicka 2. Separate warning for ya'all: I'm not a completionist, I don't know how much I'll want to do after we've been through the whole story.

Well, apparently I'm either replacing something with Batman: Arkham Origins, playing it as an extra, or giving up on ever getting the platinum...

In case anyone else has it sitting in their backlogs: Servers closing December 4th

Thanks for the warning but even if I do eventually get it, I'm just going to ignore the multiplayer.

• Like 1

And I have it unplayed on my backlog since release. >__<

Personally I will not switch any of the other games but instead I will try to join some of the boosting sessions that may occur up until December 4th. I would only focus on the multiplayer and it would be a rather boring read for this event.

Yeah, I saw that. Already started playing the campaign again, just to wrap it up and trade the game in asap. I'm not going to bother with the MP though. It was crap at release and is still crap now, which is probably why the servers are closing, as no-one's playing the fucking thing.

Hmmmm, for some reason last night I read that as Arkham Origins:Black gate, and just shrugged. Origins is one of the games that was in the bubble for this event. I really enjoyed Asylum and City, so maybe I will add this to my list instead of TLOU, then I can play the sp for the event and maybe work on the mp throughout the month.

Hmmmm, for some reason last night I read that as Arkham Origins:Black gate, and just shrugged. Origins is one of the games that was in the bubble for this event. I really enjoyed Asylum and City, so maybe I will add this to my list instead of TLOU, then I can play the sp for the event and maybe work on the mp throughout the month.

Blackgate didn't have multiplayer. Origins was cool, though. Blackgate... not so much. The map was horrendous on Vita, at least. 

And I have it unplayed on my backlog since release. >__<

Personally I will not switch any of the other games but instead I will try to join some of the boosting sessions that may occur up until December 4th. I would only focus on the multiplayer and it would be a rather boring read for this event.

If it makes you feel better, it came with my PS3 and I've yet to touch it either. Doubt we're the only ones.  :P

Yeah, think I'll be doing the same. May go crazy after this event and really nuke my completion trying to knock out a bunch of online trophies. Too many things shutting down lately, and it'll only get worse.

Edited by SyIaris

This is post #172.

On the previous event, the first post actually reviewing a game was post #192 (last dozen or so messages before that were about the starting stats when it officially had been midnight and the event had started already). That's probably a number we've hit before noon tomorrow (possibly before midnight), and we've still got three whole days left. And this post just now is only making it worse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Completed the first chapter right now and only missed one Enigma Code thingy. I think I know where I missed it but I couldn't go back.

I'm at seven trophies right now and allready lost 0,45% completion.

I'm normally not the shooter type but so far this game is interesting. I never played a Wolfenstein game before so it's totally new for me.

It's very nice that you see the collectibles on the map after killing a general stealthy. This way I will try to find them alone without a guide.

More will come later when I have played more. My goal is to reach at leat chapter 5 or 6 if all chapters are as long as the first one. If not I try to get to chapter 8 or 10.

Edited by BillyHorrible

If it makes you feel better, it came with my PS3 and I've yet to touch it either. Doubt we're the only ones.  :P

Yeah, think I'll be doing the same. May go crazy after this event and really nuke my completion trying to knock out a bunch of online trophies. Too many things shutting down lately, and it'll only get worse.

This doesn't make me feel better. xD

The biggest problem with such a multiplayer is IMO that it always feels tacked on which doesn't help to raise my interest to really go for it. There are genres where it's logical to have an online multiplayer like racing, fighter, or shooter and then there's the rest where I think it's unnecessary. :\

This doesn't make me feel better. xD

The biggest problem with such a multiplayer is IMO that it always feels tacked on which doesn't help to raise my interest to really go for it. There are genres where it's logical to have an online multiplayer like racing, fighter, or shooter and then there's the rest where I think it's unnecessary. :\

Agreed. Single player games with sequels that tack on multiplayer drive me nuts. I'd be more okay with it if they had it as a free DLC list or something instead of requiring more than a basic "check it out once" trophy. Uncharted 2/3 and GoW: Ascension handle it well, even if it means you'll be sitting around 50% completion at best for otherwise ignoring multiplayer.

Assassin's Creed (especially Brotherhood) is a prime example of that frustration. Huge time investment if someone's only after the plat.   :S 

Optional multiplayer of any kind is awesome, though. Great to have the choice there for anyone that might prefer it. And like you said, it fits perfectly with some genres.