Kill Your Completion... Again(Finished)

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

*easy fast games*

I'm on to you Billy. :P

Seriously though, you might just end up raising your completion with that selection of games. Ultratron can be 100% in under 2 hours, and there is no story to speak of. Retro/Grade only takes about 30-45 minutes to play through every level once. You just read about the story in each level description. I'd recommend playing on at least normal, probably pro, so it isn't boring as hell. You should still be able to finish levels without too much hassle. 

I personally thought that Okami was boring as heck. I was looking forward to it due to so many positive reviews and it just fell flat for me. 

14 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Seriously though, you might just end up raising your completion with that selection of games. Ultratron can be 100% in under 2 hours, and there is no story to speak of. Retro/Grade only takes about 30-45 minutes to play through every level once. You just read about the story in each level description. I'd recommend playing on at least normal, probably pro, so it isn't boring as hell. You should still be able to finish levels without too much hassle. 

I personally thought that Okami was boring as heck. I was looking forward to it due to so many positive reviews and it just fell flat for me. 

Easy fast story, I don't care if that leaves me with three out of forty trophies...

At this point in my gaming, I care more about finishing backlog games and less about what that does to my completion percentage.

I think you are still the only one I ever heard with a negative opinion of Õkami. I'll find out for myself soon enough though.

11 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I was a bit down and tired this weekend, the bright colors and fun soundtrack of Color Guardians attracted me so I started playing it.

It might be better if I just keep a list of the games I can play, then I'll just let you lot comment on it and I will make some cuts in a week or two.

I noticed that I tend to not quickly get back to these event games even if I did enjoy them, so what I might do is choose those games which I want to try but probably won't like after all, so it's not a big miss (like Galak-Z) or games that can be completed in a short time anyway so I can still remove them from my backlog (like Anna Extended, TorqueL, Kitten Squad, Doodle).

PS4: 12 games eligible

Leo's Fortune

Kitten Squad
    The Playroom

Galak-Z: The Dimensional    
    Hyper Void
    Invisible, Inc.
    Rebel Galaxy
    Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell
    Stories: The Path Of Destinies

This War Of Mine

TorqueL 
    Ultratron

PS3: 9 games eligible

Õkami HD 
    Doodle Trilogy

Anna: Extended Edition

Blazerush
    Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood 
    Costume Quest 2
    Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon  
    Mad Riders
    Retro/Grade

Personally, right now I'd say I might need to actually sit down for something like Õkami and I could better try doing short stuff for once during the event. Games in which I should be able to complete the 'story' within the event:

Leo's Fortune, Kitten Squad, The Playroom, Hyper Void, Stories: The Path Of Destinies, TorqueL, Ultratron, Doodle Trilogy, Anna: Extended Edition, BlazeRush, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Mad Riders and Retro/Grade.

You can finish the story of Gat out of Hell in a few hours, only the plat takes at least 20h because of the "played 20h" trophy. Such trophies in such short games are a bad decission. :(

To see every ending in Stories you probably need a few hours but you can get to the true ending relative quick.

5 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

The only game on your potential list that I've played is Gat out of Hell.  Odd game; it's largely made up of what would be side activities in another game, and to advance the story you just do whichever activities you feel like until you fill up a meter and unlock the next cutscene.  For me it felt more like an expansion pack than a standalone game.  It's amusing in the same way that SR4 is, though.

That's probably because it was a standalone expansion and not a full game.

6 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Yeah, I didn't word that very well, sorry.  I meant that for me, it felt like a fun DLC that was padded out to 'expandalone' status with all the collectibles and activities.  But I'm not a huge fan of that kind of open world, so YMMV.

13 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Isn't Dirt Rally technically Dirt 4? (I'm actually asking, as I'm not sure myself)

Dirt Rally has a higher focus on the simulation-aspect whereas Dirt 3 is more or less an arcade-racer. And I'm more into arcade. And AFAIK Dirt Rally only has normal rallys and rallycross. But the upcoming Dirt 4 will also feature Landrush, a mode where you drive with buggies and pickup trucks, which is quite fun.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I agree. I'll finish it one day because I'd like to at least play it. It is a pretty game, but I wasn't really feeling the battle system. And I hated the fact that I couldn't press X on the speech bubbles to speed it up a bit.

12 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

You can finish the story of Gat out of Hell in a few hours, only the plat takes at least 20h because of the "played 20h" trophy. Such trophies in such short games are a bad decission. :(

To see every ending in Stories you probably need a few hours but you can get to the true ending relative quick.

5 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

Yeah, I didn't word that very well, sorry.  I meant that for me, it felt like a fun DLC that was padded out to 'expandalone' status with all the collectibles and activities.  But I'm not a huge fan of that kind of open world, so YMMV.

Not liking how so many people thing Gat Out Of Hell is padded, I like sandbox games but I get bored with the Saints Row padding.

@Hemiak P.S. you know why I'm choosing short games this time around right? Come March I'm getting a Switch with at least two games, very likely more. It's also very possible that I get Horizon Zero Dawn day one... It's a choice between doing short games for KYC3 (so I can at least remove some games from my backlog), or not doing KYC3 at all.

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

I agree. I'll finish it one day because I'd like to at least play it. It is a pretty game, but I wasn't really feeling the battle system. And I hated the fact that I couldn't press X on the speech bubbles to speed it up a bit.

Totally forgot about this non-feature. It's annoying if you have to wait for sloooooooooooow text boxes. Especially in the beginning as there's a lot of introduction. And even though I really liked the game I have to say that it's only a nice game to look at (and listen to) but the gameplay itself is rather pale.

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Yeah, the slow speech, combined with the ultra annoying high pitched "voices" didn't help at all. 

I get what you mean about the battle system as well. Jump, punch, move, then stop to draw the finishing move, then run around grabbing the items before they dissappear ridiculously quickly. Then back to fighting normally. 

Combine that with the criminally forgettable cast and I just could not get into it. 

Hoping to get flawless Raider done for Destiny this morning. Then it's just leveling up my other 2 characters and finding 35 more dead ghosts, and the Plat is mine. 

• Like 1

Well, I think I'm going to end up going retro this time. A lot of my choices are PS2 games I never played. And Shantae, 'cause I now have 2 of them sitting unplayed on my system. List is subject to change, but this is what I'm thinking of going with:

Neptunia U(or maybe I should do BlazBlue.. It would fit in more with the rest of my list, as another I've never played a single one in the series before. But on the other hand, I have 5 Neptunia games in my backlog :/),

Transformers: Devastation(if I really want to play a Plus game, I usually download it asap. Which I did with this one. I've just been sitting on it for what will be 5 months in March :/),

Digimon World: Cyber Sleuth,

Manhunt,

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor(taking up a huge chunk of hard drive space),

OKAGE: Shadow King,

Psychonauts,

Shantae: Risky's Revenge,

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter,

and Binary Domain(online trophies of insanity be damned, I wanted this, or I wouldn't have bought it! It's time to finally play it)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor(taking up a huge chunk of hard drive space),

I thought it was an awesome game back when it was released, think the overworld is a bit dated now though.

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter,

Have you got the other Star Wars games?

17 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Neptunia U(or maybe I should do BlazBlue.. It would fit in more with the rest of my list, as another I've never played a single one in the series before. But on the other hand, I have 5 Neptunia games in my backlog :/),

Don't know which BlazBlue you have but if you aren't into fighting games that surely will give you a challenge.

Shantae: Risky's Revenge,

I assume the other one left is Pirate's Curse? If so, it's surely better to play Risky's Revenge first or otherwise it will be hard to go back in time gameplay-wise.

and Binary Domain(online trophies of insanity be damned, I wanted this, or I wouldn't have bought it! It's time to finally play it)

That's the spirit. :D And there's nothing a boosting session couldn't handle.

*looking at the online grind he still has to do for Dirt 3 and the upcoming ones in Blur and Dirt Showdown oO*

Gaming Sessions are a lifesaver. <3

Edited by Crimson Idol

11 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I thought it was an awesome game back when it was released, think the overworld is a bit dated now though.

Have you got the other Star Wars games?

You think so? Luckily, I haven't played too many open-world games that came after it, so I might not notice. 

I do not. Cherry-picked this one out of the 3, during the holidays. If I could have swung it, I might have bought the trio. But that would have meant spending even more money, so I held off. Only would have saved a $1, I think. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Don't know which BlazBlue you have but if you aren't into fighting games that surely will give you a challenge.

I assume the other one left is Pirate's Curse? If so, it's surely better to play Risky's Revenge first or otherwise it will be hard to go back in time.

That's the spirit. :D And there's nothing a boosting session couldn't handle.

*looking at the online grind he still has to do for Dirt 3 and the upcoming ones in Blur and Dirt Showdown oO*

Gaming Sessions are a lifesaver. <3

Continuum Shift EXTEND. I like fighting games.. I'm just not very good at them. :/ DOA 5 Last Round was close to being unobtainable for me. Really hard. And then the guide said stuff like use your controller like a fight pad, and put one finger on one of 3 buttons. Wtf? I'm shocked I even managed that one. 

Yes. That was my thinking, as well. Not easy to go backwards with a series, so I figure I should start there. 

True. Binary Domain requires a lot of people, and is pretty tough from what I hear.. I hate to be the weak link, costing my team the victory over and over again. And that's what I feel would happen.

3 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

You think so? Luckily, I haven't played too many open-world games that came after it, so I might not notice. 

Yeah, the open world is basically empty space with a bare few ruins and hills. Game itself is entertaining though.

3 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I do not. Cherry-picked this one out of the 3, during the holidays. If I could have swung it, I might have bought the trio. But that would have meant spending even more money, so I held off. Only would have saved a $1, I think. :dunno:

Yeah, no... The package has four games in it, not three. It's the three PS2 games, plus Super Star Wars, which is the best game in there actually.

Continuum Shift EXTEND. I like fighting games.. I'm just not very good at them. :/ DOA 5 Last Round was close to being unobtainable for me. Really hard. And then the guide said stuff like use your controller like a fight pad, and put one finger on one of 3 buttons. Wtf? I'm shocked I even managed that one.

Personally I'm not good at fighting games (or any other game that requires quick reflexes) but I enjoyed the parts of BlazBlue I played. It actually offers two playstyles. One "easy-mode" where simple combos are easier to pull off and one more complex mode that gives you the freedom to pull off some hardcore combos. It could be hard to get the fights in the ranked matches as the game requires you to play them 100 times according to the trophy list.

11 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

True. Binary Domain requires a lot of people, and is pretty tough from what I hear.. I hate to be the weak link, costing my team the victory over and over again. And that's what I feel would happen.

That's how I always feel when I have to team up with others. I always hear that little voice that inside telling "Don't fuck up" and you know what happens then. I'm glad that I solely focus on racing games when it comes to online modes as there's a high chance that there are drivers that are much worse than me. :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah, the open world is basically empty space with a bare few ruins and hills. Game itself is entertaining though.

Yeah, no... The package has four games in it, not three. It's the three PS2 games, plus Super Star Wars, which is the best game in there actually.

Lol. In that case, it may heavily remind me of Shadow of the Colossus's open world, so I'll likely be okay with it. 

Hmm.. If it had an extra game, I might not have bought just Bounty Hunter. What was on sale were the 3 PS2 games, and the "Throwback Pack." Which, according to the description, only has those 3. I'll have to keep an eye out for a sale on Super Star Wars, though, if it's that good. Never played it, either. 

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Personally I'm not good at fighting games (or any other game that requires quick reflexes) but I enjoyed the parts of BlazBlue I played. It actually offers two playstyles. One "easy-mode" where simple combos are easier to pull off and one more complex mode that gives you the freedom to pull off some hardcore combos. It could be hard to get the fights in the ranked matches as the game requires you to play them 100 times according to the trophy list.

That's how I always feel when I have to team up with others. I always hear that little voice that inside telling "Don't fuck up" and you know what happens then. I'm glad that I solely focus on racing games when it comes to online modes as there's a high chance that there are drivers that are much worse than me. :D

Yeah, I figured I'd be boosting the online, if I went for it. Had to with Street Fighter X Tekken. Although, there were still people playing that. Winning enough legit would have been my problem. 

Lol. Yeah, I know what you mean. I wasn't a very competent driver in Burnout Paradise. I remember getting lost on that map, when trying to boost the achievements, and the guys had some pretty negative things to say..

14 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Hmm.. If it had an extra game, I might not have bought just Bounty Hunter. What was on sale were the 3 PS2 games, and the "Throwback Pack." Which, according to the description, only has those 3. I'll have to keep an eye out for a sale on Super Star Wars, though, if it's that good. Never played it, either. 

Yeah, I figured I'd be boosting the online, if I went for it. Had to with Street Fighter X Tekken. Although, there were still people playing that. Winning enough legit would have been my problem.

Well, the only pack I know has the four in them, they were released at the same time.

Super Star Wars is awesome, and contrast to the badly aged PS2 graphics this one is just plain 2D action platforming so it has aged rather well, in my eyes.

The cool levels, great soundtrack and difficulty level made it an amazing game back then. Difficulty has been downsized a bit with the adding of save states but other than that, it's still a timeless classic. I thoroughly advise any classic gaming fan, Star Wars fan and action platformer fan to play it.

13 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well, the only pack I know has the four in them, they were released at the same time.

Super Star Wars is awesome, and contrast to the badly aged PS2 graphics this one is just plain 2D action platforming so it has aged rather well, in my eyes.

The cool levels, great soundtrack and difficulty level made it an amazing game back then. Difficulty has been downsized a bit with the adding of save states but other than that, it's still a timeless classic. I thoroughly advise any classic gaming fan, Star Wars fan and action platformer fan to play it.

Was that something sold on PSN? I seem to recall you could get a voucher for all 4, if you preordered something(Battlefront?).. But that's the only bundle I see on the NA Store.

Well, I'm all of the above, so I should get it. It's odd I never played all of these.. I was a huge Star Wars fan in my youth. I did have the Battlefront, KOTOR, and Episode III movie games. I'd buy all of those again in a heartbeat, if they received trophy support.

Edited by DamagingRob

Was that something sold on PSN? I seem to recall you could get a voucher for all 4, if you preordered something(Battlefront?).. But that's the only bundle I see on the NA Store.

Well, I'm all of the above, so I should get it. It's odd I never played all of these.. I was a huge Star Wars fan in my youth. I did have the Battlefront, KOTOR, and Episode III movie games. I'd buy all of those again in a heartbeat, if they received trophy support.

I've done some research and the USA has a "throwback bundle" with the three PS2 games, Europe has a "mega bundle" containing all four... #MakingEuropeGreatAgain. The bundle of four was also given away with the Darth Vader PS4.

I'm STILL a huge Star Wars fan, and to this day I'd rate Super Star Wars as one of the best Star Wars games, right up there with Rogue Squadron.

• Like 1

Finished up Flawless Raider on Destiny on Tuesday. That means I just need to find 50 ghosts and finish leveling my two alt classes and the Plat is mine. 

It wasn't a KYC game but I also finished all the speed runs in Chariot. One more "hard" trophy left and I'll be able to pop this for trophy 6k when I get there. The trophy I have left involves clearing the hardest/longest level in the game without using any special tools. You can use a 2nd player however which makes it more an exercise in patience than anything.For anyone who likes 2d Platformers, this game is pretty good. It's very light on story but the levels are well designed and the physics are top notch. The Plat isn't for the faint of heart though so take that into consideration. 

5 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

KOTOR was great, also enjoyed Jedi Knight and Yoda Stories a lot. The rest I didn't care for at all (still have the Force Unleashed games to play though). It's time they come up with a good new Star Wars game, it's been like over a decade since the last one.

44 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

KOTOR was great, also enjoyed Jedi Knight and Yoda Stories a lot. The rest I didn't care for at all (still have the Force Unleashed games to play though). It's time they come up with a good new Star Wars game, it's been like over a decade since the last one.

ROGUE SQUADRON AND SUPER STAR WARS! Also the first Star Wars Racer.

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

ROGUE SQUADRON AND SUPER STAR WARS! Also the first Star Wars Racer.

Racer was ok, the others I couldn't get into. Never could get into any Star Wars space combat games, which always bummed me out. I'm very picky when it comes to those and only enjoyed Privateer 2 and Rebel Galaxy, neither are related to Star Wars in any way xD.

3 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Racer was ok, the others I couldn't get into. Never could get into any Star Wars space combat games, which always bummed me out. I'm very picky when it comes to those and only enjoyed Privateer 2 and Rebel Galaxy, neither are related to Star Wars in any way xD.

You're not into Rogue Squadron and Super Star Wars?

... Okay, I'm no longer talking to you.