Kill Your Completion... Again(Finished)

I've also seen Starship Troopers, but wouldn't have been able to remember the line. 

I don't even know if I care anymore. 90% would be nice, but is it really worth it? I'm sure I'll be in again. If nothing else, this separates the wheat from the chaff. And I've got a stack of games over the holidays, I could give a try. Although, there's only 2 in the stack that aren't sequels to series I'm quite familiar with(Homefront and Digimon Cyber Sleuth), so I may pick more from the digital backlog.

And I don't know when Transformers was free, but it's still sitting unplayed on my hard drive. :/ That will likely end up being one of the ten. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

And I don't know when Transformers was free, but it's still sitting unplayed on my hard drive. :/ That will likely end up being one of the ten. 

It was free in October. Cool game, and you'll have played through it pretty quickly if you don't care about the platinum.

• Like 1

Just leaving a random post to see what games I might choose.

- Apotheon

- Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star

- Blur

- Dirt Showdown*

- God of War 3

- Gunstar Heroes

- Jotun

- Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart

- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

- Trine 2**

*played it for a few minutes on Steam (--> Humble Store giveaway) and after seeing what type of game it is I decided to get the PS3-copy as my console setup is much more comfy.

**maybe if I replay (and finish) Trine 1 until then.

TBH, choosing the list of games was much harder than expected as there's quite a bunch of games where I only played a short bit or series that are somehow blocked as I haven't finished the first entries yet. :| And I didn't feel like adding more than one RPG as this somehow seems to be the games I will ignore right afterwards.

Might also swap one or two with some shorter 100%-games from my backlog.

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

Isn't that the multiplayer-only PS+-game where the servers went down last November? Or was that another game? :hmm:

That's Dead Star. Never even downloaded that one...

Rebel Galaxy is single player only. Seems to be a grind if you actually want the platinum but as always I'm not too bothered by that kind of stuff. I know very little about the game and I just want to give it a go, if it keeps being fun after I complete the story then I'll decide if I continue on it.

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

That's Dead Star. Never even downloaded that one...

Rebel Galaxy is single player only. Seems to be a grind if you actually want the platinum but as always I'm not too bothered by that kind of stuff. I know very little about the game and I just want to give it a go, if it keeps being fun after I complete the story then I'll decide if I continue on it.

Just checked the guide:

a spaceborne trading and naval combat adventure

No wonder that I didn't know what game this is. Space = Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

I'm not too bothered by plats/100%s anymore, either. I know that for at least two of the games the plat will be unlikely (Blur & Dirt Showdown) as they rely on more or less dead multiplayer but all of the games I decided to choose are games where I thought about playing them in the next few weeks/days as they hit my nerve. Sadly there were games where I was more interested in playing them at that point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

It was free in October. Cool game, and you'll have played through it pretty quickly if you don't care about the platinum.

I've found a lot of games are short, if you're not going for the Plat. :lol: Managed to beat quite a few last time in 3 days. Depends how much I enjoy it, and how hard it is. But I'll likely try. 

@Crimson Idol I'd be hesitant to add a bunch of long JRPGs, too. I know why I haven't gone back to Munch's Oddysee, but I actually liked Rune Factory.. 

Ar Nosurge and Apotheon are definite winners in my book. Really enjoyed Platting both. Nosurge can be a little grindy, but it's still pretty short for JRPG standards. 

Good luck with that Lily grind, if you go for Noire's Plat.. Game grew on me over time, though, and was actually pretty fun.

If that's the PS3 version of Trine 2, it's really easy and short. Just don't be a big dum-dum, like yours truly, and use the wrong arrow for the freezing trophy. :facepalm: If they are still moving, you've got the wrong arrow. Right, @MilanYildirim?

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Just checked the guide:

No wonder that I didn't know what game this is. Space = Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

I'm not too bothered by plats/100%s anymore, either. I know that for at least two of the games the plat will be unlikely (Blur & Dirt Showdown) as they rely on more or less dead multiplayer but all of the games I decided to choose are games where I thought about playing them in the next few weeks/days as they hit my nerve. Sadly there were games where I was more interested in playing them at that point.

So first you dis Assassin's Creed, Batman and other action-adventure games in a different thread, and now you're going to dis on space?

So, I guess you don't like Mass Effect or Star Wars either?

Had to check your game log to see if there's anything noteworthy for me about your games but hey, at least you 100%ed Rayman Legends, that's cool B)

2 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I've found a lot of games are short, if you're not going for the Plat. :lol: Managed to beat quite a few last time in 3 days. Depends how much I enjoy it, and how hard it is. But I'll likely try. 

Yeah, I'm getting through more and more games since I stopped caring for trophies/achievements.

If you play on the easier difficulty, Transformers Devastation should not be a problem. I only got into trouble with the final boss, because suddenly I had to do stuff like plan a strategy instead of just bashing.

2 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Ar Nosurge and Apotheon are definite winners in my book?

I still have not played through Apotheon. It and a fair other number of games have never been on my lists for these events because I already popped one trophy in them. Also, I tend to not get to finish the games in these events and as such I just want to try stuff which might end up on the discard pile anyway.

27 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

- Apotheon

- Blur

- Dirt Showdown*

- God of War 3

- Gunstar Heroes

- Jotun

- Trine 2**

Ooh, I loved playing Gunstar Heroes on the Genesis. Watch out for the train level and hopefully the board game level will be fun for you.

Most of the list seems good, and I'll be interested on reading about Ar Nosurge, Jotun, and Pirate's Curse. I've never even heard of Jotun until now.

From your backlog I'd probably recommend Hyper Light Drifter, Final Fantasy X, and The Witcher 3 but the latter two are long RPGs so maybe not.

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

So first you dis Assassin's Creed, Batman and other action-adventure games in a different thread, and now you're going to dis on space?

So, I guess you don't like Mass Effect or Star Wars either?

It's just that I don't like the combat in those games. :P It's no fun to fight against a bunch of enemies if they attack you after after another instead of getting attacked by all at the same time.

I liked Star Wars back when I was a kid but nowadays I don't care for it anymore. Never cared for Mass Effect as it's too much pew pew pew for me.

13 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

@Crimson Idol I'd be hesitant to add a bunch of long JRPGs, too. I know why I haven't gone back to Munch's Oddysee, but I actually liked Rune Factory.. 

Ar Nosurge and Apotheon are definite winners in my book. Really enjoyed Platting both. Nosurge can be a little grindy, but it's still pretty short for JRPG standards.

I read all the good talk about Ar Nosurge in the Vita-event and so I decided to finally give the game a go. And shorter JRPGs are the ones I prefer by now. I don't want to sink hundres of hours in one game anymore. Already did this too much in my old PS1-days where I decided to restart a game before I even finished it. xD

18 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Good luck with that Lily grind, if you go for Noire's Plat.. Game grew on me over time, though, and was actually pretty fun.

If I enjoy the gameplay I surely will go for the plat and it wouldn't be a Hyperdimension-game without a Lily Rank-grind.

19 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

If that's the PS3 version of Trine 2, it's really easy and short. Just don't be a big dum-dum, like yours truly, and use the wrong arrow for the freezing trophy. :facepalm: If they are still moving, you've got the wrong arrow.

It's the PS3-version. And I know that it's rather easy but it's still on a position where it might get swapped as I want to see if I have enough motivation to finish Trine 1 first.

6 minutes ago, Mendant909 said:

Ooh, I loved playing Gunstar Heroes on the Genesis. Watch out for the train level and hopefully the board game level will be fun for you.

Most of the list seems good, and I'll be interested on reading about Ar Nosurge, Jotun, and Pirate's Curse. I've never even heard of Jotun until now.

From your backlog I'd probably recommend Hyper Light Drifter, Final Fantasy X, and The Witcher 3 but the latter two are long RPGs so maybe not.

Gunstar Heroes shouldn't be a problem difficulty-wise as the Sega Vintage-games allow you to save and load whenever you want. Otherwise some of them would be impossible by today's standards (e.g. the Wonder Boy-games or Shinobi).

About your recommendations:
Hyper Light Drifter: I only played the Kickstarter-beta so far and I enjoyed it, but somehow I'm not in the mood to play it right now.

Final Fantasy X: I want to play it sometime but when I think about characters like Tidus or Wakka I'm turned right off. Never made it really far on PS2 (maybe the temple grounds right after the first Sin-fight?)

Witcher 3: That's actually a game my girlfriend wants to play and I'm not so sure If it would be my cup of tea. Might give this game a go.

And I like it how you express your dislikes towards Hyperdevotion everytime it's mentioned somewhere. But this won't help as these trashy games hit my nerves. :D

3 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I didn't even play Trine 1. Just bought 2 for the easy Plat. :P

At least you are honest. xD

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

If that's the PS3 version of Trine 2, it's really easy and short. Just don't be a big dum-dum, like yours truly, and use the wrong arrow for the freezing trophy. :facepalm: If they are still moving, you've got the wrong arrow. Right, @MilanYildirim?

ROFL! You know l did not know anything about the game hahaha!! You told us to use that arrow! :D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

- Blur

This list gets my stamp of approval. :D Hit me up if you do go for the Plat, I love this game and the 4 player required stuff only takes a couple minutes. 

I'm still not sure if I'm actually going to participate this time. I'm definitely running the event, but there are so many games from both the originals I haven't had a chance to play. :( First world problems amirite? 

I took a look at what I would add if I did play and this is what a tentative list would look like. Anything with a ? is still very tentative. 

- God of War (finally) 

- Alien : Isolation

-  Infamous 2? 

- Mass Effect 3?

- Max Payne 3?

- Bionic Commando Re2

- Resogun 

- Tales of Xillia 2?

- PoP: Warrior Within

- Random psn title (Knytt, Malicious, Nova, etc.) 

On Destiny Im sitting at 35/42 base game trophies and 37/61 total. I've got 59% completion.... And it's still a B rank. :o

Well, I am debating on invading Gamestop's bargain bin.  I'd like to get in on the A-Z platinum club and there's some nice titles I never got around to trying that could add some letters there.  I'm also debating on just getting myself a PS4 already when my tax refund comes in, though for now there really isn't much in the way of exclusives I want for PS4, but I would enjoy the trophy support for some PS2 games.

Actually, does anyone have any suggestions for stuff that is more like RPGs, action RPGs, beat 'em ups and hack and slash that I might enjoy that I could probably get a physical copy for cheap now?  I just want to avoid MP required trophies.  God of War and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West are on the list to grab soon.  Just looking at PS3, but inexpensive PS4 games I shouldn't miss could help me as well.

7 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Actually, does anyone have any suggestions for stuff that is more like RPGs, action RPGs, beat 'em ups and hack and slash that I might enjoy that I could probably get a physical copy for cheap now?

Maybe take a look at Remember Me to see if it might be your kind of thing.  It's definitely not for everyone but I had fun with it, and it should be cheap as chips.

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Actually, does anyone have any suggestions for stuff that is more like RPGs, action RPGs, beat 'em ups and hack and slash that I might enjoy that I could probably get a physical copy for cheap now?  I just want to avoid MP required trophies.  God of War and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West are on the list to grab soon.  Just looking at PS3, but inexpensive PS4 games I shouldn't miss could help me as well.

Not sure if all of these are considered beat 'em ups or hack and slash but after looking through my profile here are some games that you might want to consider:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (similar to God of War)

Darksiders (the sequel has an online trophy that was unobtainable the last I checked so avoid that but don't recall any online in the original)

Prince of Persia games (more of an action platformer but the combat is pretty hack and slash)

Remember Me

Sleeping Dogs

Yakuza series

Not sure if those last 2 games are what you had in mind. They are more open world action/adventure games but there are beat em up elements in the combat. All of those can probably be found for pretty cheap these days.

10 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Gunstar Heroes shouldn't be a problem difficulty-wise as the Sega Vintage-games allow you to save and load whenever you want. Otherwise some of them would be impossible by today's standards (e.g. the Wonder Boy-games or Shinobi).

About your recommendations:
Hyper Light Drifter: I only played the Kickstarter-beta so far and I enjoyed it, but somehow I'm not in the mood to play it right now.

Final Fantasy X: I want to play it sometime but when I think about characters like Tidus or Wakka I'm turned right off. Never made it really far on PS2 (maybe the temple grounds right after the first Sin-fight?)

Witcher 3: That's actually a game my girlfriend wants to play and I'm not so sure If it would be my cup of tea. Might give this game a go.

And I like it how you express your dislikes towards Hyperdevotion everytime it's mentioned somewhere. But this won't help as these trashy games hit my nerves. :D

True that. I checked the PSN store and Shadow Dancer is still missing. I wish I could sic a dog on ninjas.

Hyper Light Drifter looks cool, hopefully you'll be in the mood to play it soon.

Hmm, at least you didn't get to the laughing scene and immediately quit afterwards. Sounds like that was the first temple, so you didn't get to see much of Grand Master Wakka, ya?

Good luck with The Witcher 3. Maybe you'll get to have game sessions similar to Hemiak and his wife.

I have fun trashing that game since it's a piss poor example of my pet genre and it trash talked itself like WCW and the XFL did, both of whom are no longer in business. It's pretty cool that we could have differing opinions on that game but still have a laugh about it. Maybe you could make fun of Dynasty Warriors since that franchise gets made fun of a lot in reviews. I'll have to think later of other games that I like but could easily be made fun of.

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Well, I am debating on invading Gamestop's bargain bin.  I'd like to get in on the A-Z platinum club and there's some nice titles I never got around to trying that could add some letters there.  I'm also debating on just getting myself a PS4 already when my tax refund comes in, though for now there really isn't much in the way of exclusives I want for PS4, but I would enjoy the trophy support for some PS2 games.

Here's a list of a few games that meet your criteria and seem right up your alley. The Gamestop website says they're less than ten dollars, hopefully a 4 for $10/$20 happens sometime this year.

Anarchy Reigns

Dynasty Warriors 7

Dragon’ Dogma

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes

Remember Me

Sleeping Dogs

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

As for games that seem fit for the A-Z completion forum, inFamous, Bakugan, and Zone of the Enders HD Collection are cheap. Bayonetta is pretty cool but right now it cost fifteen dollars.

Edited by Mendant909

12 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

- Apotheon

- Blur

- Dirt Showdown*

- God of War 3

- Gunstar Heroes

- Jotun

- Trine 2**

*snip*

Interesting list. I only played God of War 3 out of those, which I loved. Ar Nosurge is one I've been trying to buy for several years now, but it's always over.priced :/. Jotun and Blur seem to be quite interesting as well.

12 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Fine...

TorqueL, Leo's Fortune, Kitten Squad, Color Guardians, Invisible Inc, Rebel Galaxy, This War Of Mine, Ultratron, Õkami HD, Doodle Trilogy.

Those 2 are the only ones I played, and I enjoyed both. Rebel Galaxy is a massive grind, if going for the plat. I only play that one for fun, as I find it relaxing. The combat is similar to the ship combat in AC IV/Rogue, trading is optional and the soundtrack is amazing (to me anyway :P):

This War of Mine, is really interesting as well. Haven't played a lot of it though. The crafting items and searching various locations for materials, while trying to stay hidden was neat too. A lot superior to what Sheltered was.

5 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I took a look at what I would add if I did play and this is what a tentative list would look like. Anything with a ? is still very tentative. 

- God of War (finally) 

-  Infamous 2? 

- Mass Effect 3?

- Max Payne 3?

- Bionic Commando Re2

- Resogun 

- Tales of Xillia 2?

On Destiny Im sitting at 35/42 base game trophies and 37/61 total. I've got 59% completion.... And it's still a B rank. :o

Personally I didn't like Infamous 2 all that much, only thing I thought that was better than the first one was the blast shard tracking xD. Also can't really go wrong with God of War, they're all pretty fun games. Resogun seems interesting (I also bought it + the season pass, haven't tried it yet though).

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

*Actually, does anyone have any suggestions for stuff that is more like RPGs, action RPGs, beat 'em ups and hack and slash that I might enjoy that I could probably get a physical copy for cheap now?  I just want to avoid MP required trophies.  God of War and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West are on the list to grab soon.  Just looking at PS3, but inexpensive PS4 games I shouldn't miss could help me as well.

Unfortunately I don't know how the prices are for games in the US.

Nevertheless an RPG I would highly recommend is Lost DImension (there's a ps3 as well as a vita version). It's fairly expensive in EU still, because it seems to be exclusively available online. I ended up having to import it, as the game never made it to the store shelves in Portugal.

As for Hack and slash, God of War, Devil May Cry and Bayonetta tend to be the most popular picks.

Enslaved is quite fun as far as I remember. It's fairly simple,but solid in gameplay and has an interesting story.

My games this time round will probably be the following:

• Astro Tripper
  • Ducktales Remastered
  • Driveclub
  • The Awakened Fate Ultimatum
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
  • Wanted: Weapons of Fate
  • HDN Rebirth 1
  • Okami HD
  • Slain: Back from Hell
  • Assassin's Creed Unity

There are probably going to be some choices in there that I'm going to regret, oh well...

Edited by voodoo_eyes

4 hours ago, Hemiak said:

This list gets my stamp of approval. :D Hit me up if you do go for the Plat, I love this game and the 4 player required stuff only takes a couple minutes. 

Thanks for the offer but I guess it's unlikely I will go for the plat. Somehow online multiplayer is the thing that most likely turns me off. I don't really feel like going for any online trophies and thee were only two games where I really enjoyed doing the online: Burnout Paradise and Grid 2.

4 hours ago, Hemiak said:

- God of War (finally) 

-  Infamous 2? 

- Mass Effect 3?

- Max Payne 3?

- Bionic Commando Re2

- Resogun 

- Tales of Xillia 2?

If the story wouldn't be continuous I would say to skip GoW 1 and jump directly to the second game at least. The first one feels mediocre at it's best and the only good times I had with it where the hilarious boss fights and that infamous sex minigame. :D

29 minutes ago, Mendant909 said:

Hmm, at least you didn't get to the laughing scene and immediately quit afterwards. Sounds like that was the first temple, so you didn't get to see much of Grand Master Wakka, ya?

Good luck with The Witcher 3. Maybe you'll get to have game sessions similar to Hemiak and his wife.

I didn't get to see much of Wakka, right. And I just watched that laughing scene and that didn't really help to increase the motivation to play that game anytime soon.

Thanks. I guess the motivation for The Witcher might come if I see more of the overall world and lore besides the few minutes I saw when my girlfriend watchet a Let's Play of it.

38 minutes ago, Mendant909 said:

I have fun trashing that game since it's a piss poor example of my pet genre and it trash talked itself like WCW and the XFL did, both of whom are no longer in business. It's pretty cool that we could have differing opinions on that game but still have a laugh about it. Maybe you could make fun of Dynasty Warriors since that franchise gets made fun of a lot in reviews. I'll have to think later of other games that I like but could easily be made fun of.

Okay, if strategy-based games are your pet genre it's understandable that it's a good example to show a bad game. Overall I have to say that the Hyperdimension-games are below-average to average when it comes to their gameplay mechanics but somehow I really enjoy most of those stupid dialogs and self-references they have. Sometimes even I have to say that it's plain dumb but they still have enough points to give me a good time. I only played one Dynasty Warriors so far (and casually as I am I only played on Normal) but I have to say that it was a decent game to spend some time (~80 hours) with.

16 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Interesting list. I only played God of War 3 out of those, which I loved. Ar Nosurge is one I've been trying to buy for several years now, but it's always over.priced :/. Jotun and Blur seem to be quite interesting as well.

Overpriced is the right price for me. I bought it at launch. xD

17 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Driveclub

I hope you already have the Season Pass, otherwise the game can get boring pretty fast as the game's career is a bit pale. Personally I enjoyed it and even if you aren't good ar racing games you can get the plat rather easily. Some of the DLC-challenges are a quite tough, though. I especially remember that Tour-event:

Spoiler

It gets interesting at 9:40min. :D