Kill Your Completion... Again(Finished)

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

You're not into Rogue Squadron and Super Star Wars?

... Okay, I'm no longer talking to you.

Do you still talk to people who aren't into Star Wars at all? :stalker:

That's my tentative list for the next event:

√Letter

Bastion

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Saints Row Gat out of Hell

Sleeping Dogs

Okage: Shadow King

The Walking Dead: Season 2

Enter the Gungeon

Darkest Dungeon

Rebel Galaxy

The first five games were chosen because I want to try them and the second five were randomly picked throught random.org because I don't know what to add ^_^

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

√Letter - Want to play this, never seen a VN played before

Bastion - Wish I had pciked this up on sale

Mirror's Edge Catalyst - Still haven't finished the first one, although supposedly a little easier than the first

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell - Very short if you just play enough to end the game, bit like Saints Row IV: Lite Edition

Sleeping Dogs - Really enjoyed the execution and story, except the weird floaty arcade driving

Okage: Shadow King - No idea on this game at all

The Walking Dead: Season 2 - Not quite living up to Season 1, but Clem is still an excellent character

Enter the Gungeon - Hard as nails Rogue-like. Looks fun though

Darkest Dungeon - Even harder-than-nails Lovecraftian inspired dungeon crawler, stunning art and great strategy gameplay

Rebel Galaxy - Heard good things about this space adventure and want to try it when I get rid of some backlog

The first five games were chosen because I want to try them and the second five were randomly picked throught random.org because I don't know what to add ^_^

All good fun choices.

What is Okage about?

7 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Bastion

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Sleeping Dogs

Enter the Gungeon

Darkest Dungeon

Rebel Galaxy

Bastion's a great choice! Hope it still appears on your list next month as it's an excellent game.

7 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

It can't be helped that I only like good games :P.

Now you're just being silly, both games were met with universal acclaim from both critics and gamers. Super Star Wars practically defined the term "Nintendo Hard" and is one of the best licenced games of the time. Rogue Squadron had, at the time, amazing graphics thanks to good use of the N64 expansion pack.

7 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Do you still talk to people who aren't into Star Wars at all? :stalker:

If I wouldn't talk to those people, I couldn't talk to my wife any more... :(

Even if you're not into Star Wars, I'd advise you to try Super Star Wars on PS4 if you're into classic action platformers.

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Now you're just being silly, both games were met with universal acclaim from both critics and gamers. Super Star Wars practically defined the term "Nintendo Hard" and is one of the best licenced games of the time. Rogue Squadron had, at the time, amazing graphics thanks to good use of the N64 expansion pack.

We know that you like Super Star Wars but aren't you a little exaggerating? :P There were quite a lot of NES-games that already defined the term Nintendo Hard. Battletoads, Turtles, Ninja Gaiden, Zelda II. And personally I think SSW is as hard as many other platformers on the SNES. Lion King and Donald Duck in Maui Mallard (Cold Shadow for those US-citizens) come right to my mind.

Rogue Squadron was cool, though. Really liked that and Episode I Racer. Still I never made it too far in the later one as I somehow always screwed up the upgrades and had a shitty pod racer in the later levels. The only "future racing"-game I was able to handle on the N64 was Wipeout 64. xD

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

We know that you like Super Star Wars but aren't you a little exaggerating? :P There were quite a lot of NES-games that already defined the term Nintendo Hard. Battletoads, Turtles, Ninja Gaiden, Zelda II. And personally I think SSW is as hard as many other platformers on the SNES. Lion King and Donald Duck in Maui Mallard (Cold Shadow for those US-citizens) come right to my mind.

I know nothing of the NES era, I only got interested in gaming when it reached 16-bit. Super Star Wars, thanks to the licence though, was the one that everybody knew and that was hard from the start, contrast to Mario which was getting much easier with World (except for the Special zone), Link To The Past which had a good difficulty curve, and others (I finished Lion King and it's not that hard, one or two levels towards the end maybe). Super Star Wars was so tough that a very high percentage of gamers claims to never have gotten beyond the "Inside Sand Crawler" level.

Personally, I think Super Star Wars only gets tough on Jedi difficulty but it does seem to be the most remembered game when talking about tough difficulty.

Rogue Squadron was cool, though. Really liked that and Episode I Racer. Still I never made it too far in the later one as I somehow always screwed up the upgrades and had a shitty pod racer in the later levels. The only "future racing"-game I was able to handle on the N64 was Wipeout 64. xD

What I always did in Racer was make sure that the winner would get all the prize money, and then I would win the race and get so much money with which to upgrade my Racer... Also, F-Zero X!

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

I know nothing of the NES era, I only got interested in gaming when it reached 16-bit. Super Star Wars, thanks to the licence though, was the one that everybody knew and that was hard from the start, contrast to Mario which was getting much easier with World (except for the Special zone), Link To The Past which had a good difficulty curve, and others (I finished Lion King and it's not that hard, one or two levels towards the end maybe). Super Star Wars was so tough that a very high percentage of gamers claims to never have gotten beyond the "Inside Sand Crawler" level.

Personally, I think Super Star Wars only gets tough on Jedi difficulty but it does seem to be the most remembered game when talking about tough difficulty.

I guess nowadays it's hard to discuss about the difficulty of old games as the memories are kinda foggy (and we all had less experience in gaming) but I guess it's save to say that there were many hard games at that time which may have been as difficult as Super Star Wars or were more difficult, but they weren't that well-known outside the mainstream as they weren't based on movies. 

If you have some spare time and just take a look at this to get an impression:

Spoiler

As you can see, there were much harder games back then. I wonder how people could handle games like the first Castlevanias or Ninja Gaiden. xD 

Sidenote:
The answer took so long as I got lost in watching those kinds of videos... OMG, and I complain about Gymkhana in Dirt 3. :blink:

Edited by Crimson Idol

As you can see, there were much harder games back then. I wonder how people could handle games like the first Castlevanias or Ninja Gaiden. xD

Speaking of Nintendo Hard, I never got through Super Castlevania IV myself, I have it lying around but first wanted to finally get through Link To The Past.

I can probably count on one hand, definitely two, how many NES games I actually finished. Then again I was an 8-11 year old kid who didn't have a lot of money so we rented games for a day or two instead or dropping $80 on something I might only play a couple hours. Edit: Nvm, I can think of at least 6 or 7 after just a minute if two actually thinking. I also didn't do particularly well with frustration back then and had more than a few Rage quit moments. :D

Some of that was brutal (or non-logical)  level design, some just built in unfairness, limited lives/continues, etc.

I never really completed a lot on the Genesis either. The SNES is probably where I started to stick with games longer and even set random challenges for myself to complete. 

Again, I'm not sure whether that was because the games actually got that much easier or just a shift in ability/attitude in myself. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

If you have some spare time and just take a look at this to get an impression:

Reveal hidden contents

Castlevania is the first game I ever rage quit on. I was probably 12 at the time.  

Probably one of the last games I rage quit on too. :unsure:

13 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Bastion's a great choice! Hope it still appears on your list next month as it's an excellent game.

I may start it befor next month. I just platted Transistor and want to play Bastion right away. I want to compare the first game they made with the second one. Transistor was really great and I heard only good things about Bastion.

13 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

If I wouldn't talk to those people, I couldn't talk to my wife any more... :(

Even if you're not into Star Wars, I'd advise you to try Super Star Wars on PS4 if you're into classic action platformers.

I might buy it the next time it is on sale.

5 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I may start it befor next month. I just platted Transistor and want to play Bastion right away. I want to compare the first game they made with the second one. Transistor was really great and I heard only good things about Bastion.

I need to do the opposite. Platinumed and loved Bastion, but haven't started Transistor. 

11 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I need to do the opposite. Platinumed and loved Bastion, but haven't started Transistor. 

Then do it. Transistor is a great game. First time I started it I stopped after about one hour because it was kind of strange.

But a friend of mine played this game so I gave it another try and loved it. Even my New Game + playtrough was fun because it's definitely harder and I understood the story better.

32 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Then do it. Transistor is a great game. First time I started it I stopped after about one hour because it was kind of strange.

But a friend of mine played this game so I gave it another try and loved it. Even my New Game + playtrough was fun because it's definitely harder and I understood the story better.

Kind of sounds like my experience with Lone Survivor. Didn't really click the first time, but I absolutely loved it and got the Plat later on. 

But with my games for KYC3 already decided on, I probably won't get to it right away. I'm hoping to be done with Borderlands 2 by then. Maybe I can squeeze it in after that, but I was thinking of playing LEGO Movie next. The struggle. :/

6 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

6 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

I guess I'm one of those few that totally disliked Transistor. My main gripe is the battle system which I didn't like at all. This mix of active (and rather slow) combat combined with the planning wasn't something I enjoyed.

On 8.2.2017 at 8:56 AM, Crimson Idol said:

- Apotheon (PS4)

- Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star (PS3)

- Blur (PS3)

- Dirt Showdown (PS3)

- God of War 3 (PS3)

- Gunstar Heroes (PS3)

- Jotun (PS4)

- Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (PS Vita)

- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (PS4)

- Trine 2 (PS3)

Decided to remove Trine 2 from the list. Played the first one for two levels (getting all collectibles in level 5 and playing level 6) and don't feel like playing the second game anytime soon. I really don't like the gameplay...

Now I just have to think of a good replacement. I thought about using either Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Grow Home, or Valkyrie Drive. :hmm:

But I guess I will choose Valkyrie Drive, mainly for the reason that I already have enough PS3-games and Grow Home is too similar to games already chosen.

And on a sidenote:
Made some progress in Dirt 3:

The DC-Challenges are still giving me a headache as I only get gold at best, but I'm starting to get the feel for the Gymkhana-mode. I'm even able to win against the enemies on difficulty 3 of 6. :dance:  I also finished all random online-trophies for the base game and the DLCs and the only one left to do is the Superstar-grind which will take about 6 to 8 hours of dedicated boosting. :| 

• Like 1

So assuming I raid the bargain bin and all, my list is looking to be roughly as follows:

Tales of Graces f (technically started it, but didn't get far enough for a trophy)

Drakengard 3

Remember Me

God of War

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Deception IV: Blood Ties

Journey

Pocket RPG

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

With one last TBD title.  Unless Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse could count when I have no trophies in episodes 2-5 which PSNP counts as separate games.  Yeah, I'm running that low on games and some of this includes stuff bought very recently.  If not, I'll just pick another interesting seeming bargain bin title, maybe Dynasty Warriors.

• Like 4

On 17.2.2017 at 0:05 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

√Letter

Bastion

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Sleeping Dogs

Enter the Gungeon

Darkest Dungeon

Rebel Galaxy

I couldn't wait and started Bastion allready, so I have to stricke this one out.

Instead I'm probably going with Inside, maybe something else.:dunno:

Looks like this will be my list, mostly because I don't have many other unstarted games that I'd actually like to play:

• Actual Sunlight (PS+)
  • Dear Esther (PSN winter sale)
  • Dishonored 2 (Christmas present)
  • Doom (recent online sale)
  • Grow Home (PS+)
  • Invisible Inc (PS+)
  • Joe Dever's Lone Wolf (PSN winter sale)
  • Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Ascension (probably foolish impulse buy)
  • Papa & Yo (PS+)
  • Stories: TPoD (PS+)

Yeah, yeah, some of those are really short and easy, but I'm bad at games so it evens out.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2017 at 8:11 PM, voodoo_eyes said:

My games this time round will probably be the following:

• Astro Tripper
  • Ducktales Remastered
  • Driveclub
  • The Awakened Fate Ultimatum
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
  • Wanted: Weapons of Fate
  • HDN Rebirth 1
  • Okami HD
  • Slain: Back from Hell
  • Assassin's Creed Unity

Decided to scratch both Astro Tripper and Ducktales Remastered, as I feel like trying them out already. I'll add 2 other games in time for the event still have to decide which ones though. Might wait for the next PS Plus announcement for that.