Who Crapped In the Corn Flakes? *RANT*

BIOHAZARD-R-US

lars9612, your mentioning of showers reminded me of one time while doing the Buried Easter Egg for Black Ops II, one of the guys decided to take a 27 minute shower just before the final step. I even did a commentary video of it later on. I couldn't believe it. First of all, who takes 27 minute showers? Second, we were just before the last step!!! He couldn't wait the 15 minutes we needed to finish to take his shower! Hands down the best/funniest boosting fail I've ever been a part of.

Sorry to hear what happened to you BIOHAZARD and as a general rule( I feel even dumb saying this to you, it's painfully obvious) always have 2 or more slots extra in case people who don't cooperate well join.

I always do this now, and for BIOHAZARD, that is quite funny actually, but also very dumb. But i remember one session with the famous Dragon-Archon for Bling Brigade in Wipeout HD, the first time we had 14 people when only 8 were neeed, so 8 did the race, and the others, i think 4, 2 didn't show up, waited so that they were next, but then a lot of them left and we were sitting there with Dragon and 1 other guy and you need 8 to do it. So i made a new session to do the trophy and we were with 9, one canceled the day before and then we had 1 guy who didn't show up for 2 consecutive weeks. Very frustrating when you run into that, so we decided to kick him from the session and we got it on the 3rd try, that's the most annoying thing that can happen during trophy hunting

• Like 2

Mamma told me not to stereotype but, I'm going to anyways. Sorry.

I seem to come across unsavory fellows when boosting shooters. Seems playing a game where you shoot everything in sight gets people jacked up a bit. And then their adrenaline/ machismo gets rolling and common sense and courtesy gets left on the wayside.

I dont have a great solution but what has worked for me is to keep friends with the good, block the bad, and ignore the ugly (trophy whiners).

Good luck!

• Like 1

So far I've had no problems with the gaming sessions on this site. If someone's willing to spend their time helping me out then I'd gladly help them out aswell.

Fortunately,I now have a small group of players on my friend's list that I can ask to boost any game with (as long as they own the game of course) and we'd be able to easily knock out the trophies.

Sorry to hear what's happened but I've gotta say though,that shower story is pretty hilarious

Well, I can't change the way people are in general, so I just deal with it. There are so many selfish players out there who join sessions and run away with their trophies, I know, it's pretty sad to experience that. I was playing WWE 2K15 with a friend to get online trophies. I helped him earn his trophy, then he was like "I'm so tired, can we play tomorrow?" He never appeared the next day. He did the following day, but he was playing some other games. He became worried about me not getting the trophy, then I got it with another friend.

• Like 1

Keep in mind this is nothing new. I had countless PUGs (pick up groups) in World of Warcraft wipe out before the first boss of a dungeon, everybody leaves and I have to go back to the queue for another dungeon roll. A lot of people I found especially those coming from the USA were DCing a lot during dungeons, which meant poor internet connections on their end.

Eventually I moved up into Heroic dungeons and the players I met were generally nice and did what they were told to do. If you're the healer of the group you have to make sure nobody dies especially in the middle of a big boss fight. If you're a tank you have to aggro the enemies that stand between you and the boss you're coming up against. Damage classes such as the Mage and Warrior had to do good with DPS (damage per second) because nobody wanted to fight a boss for minutes at a time.

I lost track of how many times people came in with the wrong gear, were underleveled (even though there is a level requirement for dungeons), AFKed for no particular reason and DCed right during a boss fight. This resulted in hours of wasted time going back to where I was (usually Stormwind or Orgrimmar) and just standing around waiting for a PUG to come around for a dungeon.

PvP was even worse. Horde always had the edge (because they are more bad ass) so as an Alliance player we would lose three out of four games. Something as simple as Capture the Flag was a pain because the opposing team were all Subtlety Rogues, so whenever a Mage or a Warlock would go back to their base, a Rogue would come out of invisibility and just annihilate him/her, because Rogues were the best at dealing fast DPS. Alterac Valley was particularly bad, sometimes half the team would quit out leaving us in no winning position, so the Alliance leader of that PvP battleground would die without a sweat.

So between this and paying $15 a month just to keep playing World of Warcraft, along with over $100 in expansions, I quit in February of 2012. It's been nearly five years since I last played the game and Blizzard still doesn't get the picture that it's fanbase is dying out. Why pay $15 a month for a 12 year old game? That's ridiculous.

Any game that has competitive multiplayer is going to have a lot of idiots and bad players, regardless of game. There will always be those who have terrible internet connections that slow everybody else down. This is why I mostly stuck with Runescape (now Old School Runescape). Even though it's all multiplayer and there are clan wars and teams for fighting bosses (usually God War dungeon bosses), you can get every skill to 99 with max experience (200 million) solo. It is a very chill free to play MMORPG, but most of it is now members, which is cheap (I paid $7-8 a month when I was playing). I logged in just shy of an entire year (350 days or so, equaling 8400 hours) on two different characters over a decade's time on Runescape. So basically I'll be somewhere farming a specific monster or leveling up a skill while in a high level clan chat that arranges clan events and boss encounters.

There is also PvP which is a huge component of Old School Runescape. Deadman Mode carries a lot of risk but in return it has a very high payoff. Then there's Ironman which is entirely solo. Everything you do you have to do on your own whether it's level up your skills or getting enough money (GP) to buy that piece of armor you've spent hours upon hours working towards. There are two quests in the game where you have to trade with another player but apart from that it's all up to you.

Jagex held their annual Runefest in England this year. Would of loved to go, but watched a video on it. Had some great people over there, some of whom have played Runescape for over a decade.

Edited by Spaz

Why can't we all just get along? We're here to get trophies and help other people. What good is it to badger someone cuz they're not good at a game? What's the point of saying you'll help someone with getting a few trophies and then leaving them behind cuz they don't have an app on their phone? What could possibly be the excuse to cause such a fuss and arrogance from helping others? Not everyone is gonna be as good as you with something, and someone's always gonna be better than you at something. Is it really that hard to play the game and have fun and help other people? If you need everything to be perfectly executed, go play a single player game. I can guarantee you every single time, that someone is gonna miss a cue, forget an instruction, be new to a game, not be good at a game, not care about the game, will be short on time, and a hundred other things that can all get in the way of getting multiplayer trophies done in boosting sessions. I know it's easier said than done to accept things like this, even for me. I really don't like when people aren't on time. But I'm not constantly spamming people with messages asking them where they are and reminding them we have a session that started 20 seconds ago. People have lives outside of gaming, shocking, I know. Things are gonna come up and get in the way of what we want to do. Life lesson: if you want everyone to run on your time, you're gonna be alone all the time.

I agree with you on about half of the things, but disagree on the other half. It depends on the situation.  

As far as being courteous, respectful, and not being obnoxious to others, I absolutely agree 100% with you.  There's never a reason to be rude or put anyone down.  

I also agree with you as far as communication goes, if its a pure boost (as opposed to coop) the PS3 chatroom or PS4 chatroom should be the primary means of communication while in game. For one, not everyone has a phone that can use apps. I personally can't stand using my phone because its annoying to hold a phone and controller when 8+ people are blowing it up, and if I put my phone down for more than 20 seconds I need to enter a passcode to unlock it again...  Now if its a coop, then a mic or something is probably a good idea, depending on how difficult things are, especially if someone is just not working well and repeating mistakes over and over due to not being able to effectively communicate.

I partially disagree with you when it comes to the actual boost itself.  What irritates me are people that repeatedly can't follow directions and want to do their own thing, that hinders or negates the round of boosting.  Take Batman Arkham Origins as an example: when you're boosting XP, the only thing you need to do is keep switching zones out by walking back and forth.  As a host, I explain the exact process about two or three times before the start and have everyone acknowledge what they're doing.  So when some idiot comes and kills people for no apparent reason more than once or twice 5 minutes later because they get like 1 extra XP point, I'll be highly upset.  If someone keeps doing something like that, even after I explain why its not as efficient for everyone, including them, I'll be ready to eject them.  Its not a situation where skill even comes in, its just total ignorance.

I partially disagree with you when it comes to skill and playing well.  What I can't tolerate are completely clueless people.  If you're not great at the game, that's okay.  If you're not familiar with the boosting process, that's fine.  But if you're not, I expect you to listen to the process prior to the game starting.  If you listen and then just mess up because its your first, second, or third time, thats OK.  But not listening and then asking what to do after it's already been explained and we're already in game is beyond infuriating to me.  Again this goes for straight boosts more than coop.  I was also annoyed once when I boosted Resident Evil 5 because someone didn't even know the controls to the game.  I mean, why are you even in a boosting session if you don't know how to play? There should be some minimal amount of understanding to the game, even if you don't understand the online component.

I completely disagree with you when it comes to time and availability. I have two systems.  Usually I boost myself.  But for games that I can't, I usually set my sessions for specific times.  I specifically require people message me on their Playstation in addition to joining the session before I approve them so I know how dedicated they are.  So when we start the Red Dead Redemption session a WEEK later on a trophy that requires 9 (NINE!) total people or we can't even attempt something, it REALLY annoys me when only 6 show up.  I kid you not, when I actually did setup a RDR session, I put it for unlimited and said if we got more than we could handle, we'd do multiple sessions to fit everyone or just take turns depending on the numbers.  I had 27 people sign up, 3x the amount needed.  Only 9 showed up, and one of them was 20 minute late....... I get it, sometimes life happens.  I have a teenage kid and completely get it.  Be responsible though and remove yourself or at least message the host, don't just no show. That's just rude.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2

I'm pretty much in agreement with you, of course it depends on who you're with but playing with randos in anything situation is usually going to be a pain. Though I'm done a few sessions where people either don't care about what's going on or don't listen, and when they're ruining shit for everyone else it's the worst.

That said I don't mind the use of discord/mumble/skype/whatever but I think there needs to be more consideration from the leader to the people helping them boost, like don't just assume everyone has the app and knows how to use it 100%. I just wish people would say that somewhere in the description of the boost session. I had to make an entire discord account one time because I really wanted a trophy and didn't find out until it came time to boost and then they wanted me to lead a second chat and I had no idea what I was doing even though I straight up told them "I've never used discord before uh". Also try and gather everyone's IDs BEFORE the session, because spending an hour getting everyone into a chat room SUCKS.

Basically people need to stop being terrible, leaders need to get their shit together and boosting is a gamble in terms of success. 

WOW! I wish I could help you with the Origins Boost but Geez it sounds like Hell to Boost, I'm guessing your working on the trophy where batman needs to take down every member of each team, hopefully you'll get that one out of the way and everything is smooth sailing from there on out. best of luck.

On 11/5/2016 at 0:13 AM, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Why can't we all just get along? We're here to get trophies and help other people. What good is it to badger someone cuz they're not good at a game? What's the point of saying you'll help someone with getting a few trophies and then leaving them behind cuz they don't have an app on their phone? What could possibly be the excuse to cause such a fuss and arrogance from helping others?

Edited by Shaowsintzu

hmmm...not sure what to say here...been in situations like both of the ones in the OP and to me are not really that uncommon...you make it sound like you understand how things can be but at the same time are complaining about how things can be...kind of confusing...would recommend when in a session like the ones you've described asking yourself this: "are these the kind of gaming friends i want?"...if not, be happy that you found out early the kinds of people they are and move on...does being angry and ranting about it solve anything?...to me, whining about it kind of puts you in a similar category to the ones you are whining about, which i'd rather avoid...i've done a fair bit of boosting over the years and some people i get along with, some i don't...some sessions run well, others don't...such is life...there is also the option of not boosting if it becomes too difficult to not handle potential negative outcomes...bad sessions and fellow gamers just make the good ones seem better IMO...the odds of meeting good people are 50-50 at worst...i have about 30 friends on my list that i've known for a long time...all of them i met through boosting, speedrunning co-op, or are friends of friends...i could write a novel (and it might even sell better if the title read in bright, bold letters "Who $hit in the Cornflakes *RANT*") about gamers i thought were idiots...rather just consider myself lucky to be able to have 30 like-minded people that i can have fun sharing my hobby of gaming with...

edit: as i was thinking about this some more i thought it might be useful to share some experiences of how i dealt with these types of gamers in hopes of helping others deal with similar situations...

while i was doing the easter egg in the black ops shangri la map i created a gaming session and added up everyone who joined...when i came online for my session time it turns out the other people had started an hour earlier with someone else and were in the middle of doing the easter egg and that i wouldn't be needed...cool, right?...removed them from friends list and told them i wasn't impressed...turns out half an hour later after failing to complete the challenge one of them had to leave and i get a PM "can you play now?"...response; no thanks...one of the dudes apologized a bit later and said that he kind of just "went with the flow" and didn't want to pass up the opportunity of attempting the trophy...understandable and a classy move IMO...added him back up (he was a f**king zombies wizard it turns out and basically carried us all through the trophies), got lucky with another person from the session and a friend of a friend being online, and managed to get the trophies done as well as the moon map trophies...pretty lucky...

recently had a "hero" like you described in your second example join an AC brotherhood boost that i had organized...he basically just called us all noobs (which we were) and killed us at random saying how good he was...i PM'd everyone in the group and asked it they were ok with not boosting with this guy as i wasn't sure if i was the only one getting a bad vibe...all agreed...i told him that he was too good for us, that we would prefer to replace him with another "noob" and wished him luck in finding other pros like himself...he sent me hate messages for a while but i guess he found me a boring target and eventually stopped as i tend to have a non-reactive approach to gamers like this...again, friend of a friend happened to be online and we had 6-7 consecutive days of awesome boosting in which we went through the MP trophies of the entire AC series...pretty lucky, again...

recently i did the two ken's rage 2 online trophies...the game is pretty obsolete and took about a week to get 3 other gamers to do them with...i found out later that one of the dudes in our session was using me to find people to boost with as he couldn't/was too lazy to find them on his own and also couldn't make the time my session was set at...when our session time was set he of course wasn't online and we had 3 out of 4 players....one of them only needing the simpler of the 2 trophies...the other one asked if we could wait an hour or so as he had a friend that he had done that trophy with and was adamant about doing the more tedious one with the same guy....he also offered his help with the trophy he had already done...very respectable...i fired up my second 2nd ps3 and we got the simpler trophy done...his friend came online...the dude who only needed the simple trophy left and we stayed up till early in the morning to complete the remaining one...very lucky...

one of the strangest situations i've ever been in is when i had a hacker join one of my gaming sessions in gta iv a while back...he could just unlock all of the trophies so i couldn't quite figure out what his point was...a polite "i'm sorry, you seem nice and all but i don't play with hackers, you guys often ruin games" and that was the end of that...he messaged me later offering a 1 euro/trophy unlock for anyone in my gaming sessions...so odd...takes all kinds to make the world go 'round, ay?...

have had other "situations" when boosting...all about how you deal with them...no rush in getting trophies...be patient, set up another session, and stay positive would be my tips...like attracts like so ranting like this will get you what?...more of the same...

Edited by ProfBambam55

Is it really unreasonable that they left to do their own session? If six of them wanted to use mumble and get the trophies quickly they should be able to. There is tonnes of Batman sessions on at the moment so you could do it using text chat. I I personally did it fine using text chat, but I have heard from others that they were having problems with people coming back, despite the concept being really easy to understand.

As for people dropping out of sessions, that is outright wrong. If you are doing a long boost and you drop out at the end of rotation I understand, but dropping out after getting something like PP (Batman's hardish MP trophy) is unforgivable. Fortunately I have only had 1 experience of this and I had already got the trophy we were after.

As for good people/boosters vs bad, I have met a lot of great people through boosting so the occasional guy asshole is fine. If the boost is long I will try and get a friend in with me so I have someone that won't drop me and that I can talk to.

I completely disagree with you when it comes to time and availability. I have two systems.  Usually I boost myself.  But for games that I can't, I usually set my sessions for specific times.  I specifically require people message me on their Playstation in addition to joining the session before I approve them so I know how dedicated they are.  So when we start the Red Dead Redemption session a WEEK later on a trophy that requires 9 (NINE!) total people or we can't even attempt something, it REALLY annoys me when only 6 show up.  I kid you not, when I actually did setup a RDR session, I put it for unlimited and said if we got more than we could handle, we'd do multiple sessions to fit everyone or just take turns depending on the numbers.  I had 27 people sign up, 3x the amount needed.  Only 9 showed up, and one of them was 20 minute late....... I get it, sometimes life happens.  I have a teenage kid and completely get it.  Be responsible though and remove yourself or at least message the host, don't just no show. That's just rude.

That's the thing though. You can probably boost most of the online trophies for the base game of Red Dead Redemption with just two players, one would help out the other when they need to get assists for Gang Hideouts. I'm good with "solo" online trophies or trophies that take a little work with two - four people working together. It's competitive matches with a full group and trophies that require a large amount of people that really piss me off though. Posse Up does require eight players and it's highly recommended to get a mic headset so nobody is out goofing off or logging out of the free roam, therefore preventing you and everyone else who also needs the trophy to earn it.

I've been on both sides. It doesn't sound like your exact situation, but close. I was boosting Red Faction Armageddon. If anybody has done this, they know what a hellish boost it can be. We had this one guy who would not stop bitching. Just crying at every turn about him being jipped his turn or not getting as many kills or whatever. I was the only one who had enough of it. We were using the psn text chat...it's funny because as i was typing to let this guy down, my buddy was like, "Phil, don't do it man." I told this dude off and, as predicted, he ran off crying.

Kind of hindered progress since a minimum number of people were needed to start the game and him leaving took us under it. Meh...i found a replacement fast enough.

I can't help myself sometime.

For the most part, me and my friends are pretty patient though. Like some of you here, we try not to bring random people into our group unless it's absolutely necessary. It just works well when you have real friends to boost with.

OMG I just had the same experience in Red Faction:Guerrilla last week! This guy kept going on and on about how he wasn't getting his trophies fast enough, even though our group just helped him get "Spectator" and I personally died 10 times trying to get him the 10 kill-in-one-match trophy (I got ZERO trophies during our session).

Then some of the RFG boosters said they would leave a month to get the Batman:Origins trophies and he started the biggest, whiniest cryfest I had ever heard, asking why don't they want to help him and complaining he would have to wait until August (even though it was clearly stated to only be one month).

I couldn't take it. Even though I was making very good progress I dropped the chat. I should've did what you did, Prarpin.

As to Batman:Origins, I am blown away Bio. I finished boosting it a month ago and it was a bear trying to get people to join. Now they are dropping participants with douchiness? My condolences . . .

Personally I fucking hate boosting and prefer to get my MP trophies naturally (which are the vast majority of my MP trophies). Its games like Red Faction with their dead servers and Batman:Arkham Origins with their crap ass disconnects and freezes that make it a necessity >_<

Edited by Bullstomp

I've never had a good boosting session

Just too many vile, bad tempered, nasty people do them

Case in point doing Operation Raccoon City for my S+ ranks with me playing as Berths

My partner was Four-eyes supposedly to reprogramme infected and kill human I enemies

Instead turned into him standing back and watching me struggle to kill literally everything

Then left and gave me a tonne of abuse when I got bum rushed by hunters and humans and died because he just stood back and watched

All this despite me being the one getting the S+ not him. His stats didn't matter

Given up on boosting

Also had people leaving the session as we were struggling to get us all in because of the awful servers which meant scrambling to find extras

Duck boosting with such a God awful community

I'll be sticking to the playstationtrophies community in future at least they won't leave over nonsense and silly shot and will stick around until everyone has what they need

Never had that on here

Being booted for not using an app though is ridiculous and those trophy hunters should be banned from this site for being cxnts

*snip

Goddamnit...just realized i put Armageddon. I meant Guerilla. I'll have to go back and edit it.

That reminds me, i need to get the MP done on Armageddon as well. WIth the sudden crash of both 007 game's MP with no notice, I've been mad dashing all my old games with MP. LUckily, I dont have too many of them.

Good luck on Guerilla. That boost is a bear.

To be honest, of all the multiplayer games I've played Arkham Origins is the absolute worst for trophy requirements. If you know what you're doing it can be straight forward but even then it's awkward and there are so many circumstances where it can go wrong and going wrong can be very time consuming.

Reading the online trophy requirements and reading the horror stories on various websites I actually put this game back on the shelf and was never going to play it, fortunately, thanks to a great bunch of guys (N3H) who I have boosted with for other trophies we got them all done, but it took time and mistakes happened. Had it not been for the people I was boosting with I could imagine it getting unpleasant, even I felt frustrated at times but when you're all in it together you want each other to succeed. It's how it should be.

This post does not surprise me one bit. It's such a double edged sword, I really do not like online trophies and avoid games with them as much as possible, but at the same time I've met so many good people from them.

I'm so looking forward to starting AO online Journey this evening. :/

Ive had generally good luck with the boosting sessions on this site. Since we're sharing superman experiences though, the most annoying is probably trying to get a group for Split/Second. For those of you who don't know it's a really fun racing game, but there's a mp trophy for reaching rank 1. In this game if you win you move up, if you lose you move down. The more people you have the more ranks are awarded. It's counterintuitive, but having a full group of 8 people actually takes far less time to level than smaller groups. With only two boosters, you have to complete 198 races, 1 rank at a time for the winner :( . With 8 it takes around 50 races total, to get everyone the trophy. :o

Anyway, I'd get 4-6 people sign up, and then they wouldn't listen to the plan. People would want to swap wins :facepalm: or just race normally, and drop out immediately if they weren't one of the ones chosen to win first. :shakefist:

In the end, after multiple failed sessions, I partnered off with one guy who showed up and listened each time, and we boosted to rank 1 an hour or two a night until we both had it. I was already rank 70 when we started, so he let me go first. He confessed layer he was terrified I would screw him over after he put in 4 hours boosting me up, but that's not how I roll.

And yeah, I played Wow for almost 5 years. I played a tank as my main character and was pretty forceful when running Pugs. Even still I've got a few horror stories from running dungeons on alts, that I just never ran into on my main.

• Like 1