Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

27 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

One more week, and I haven't earned any trophies on my Vita. So I regret to say that I won't be able to pop a plat on the day. So sad! It's really unfortunate that I'm focusing on PS3 games this year.

Why don't you pop up A-sha?

Not to mention both Dokuro and Nep RB2 are more than doable.

Screw PS3, use Vita :P

Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

Why don't you pop up A-sha?

Not to mention both Dokuro and Nep RB2 are more than doable.

Need the DLC for the Stella dungeon - don't have money to do that in the near future

Dokuro - always mean to do it, but it gets boring for me real fast. The best I can do is a few levels at one time

Ayesha - those games don't come easy to me. Might take me more than a week.

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Said the one who recently played a PS3-only game. :P

31 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

One more week, and I haven't earned any trophies on my Vita. So I regret to say that I won't be able to pop a plat on the day. So sad! It's really unfortunate that I'm focusing on PS3 games this year.

Sad to hear that but totally understandable. I also want to focus on some of my PS3-games for now as there's stil a lot I have to finish. Especially all those rather old games where I'm afraid that the servers may go down and which I actually enjoy.

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Ayesha - those games don't come easy to me. Might take me more than a week.

But you are only missing the gallery that shouldn't take a week with properly crafted equipment.

58 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Said the one who recently played a PS3-only game. :P

PS3-only game COMBINED with Vita game :P

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

But you are only missing the gallery that shouldn't take a week with properly crafted equipment.

PS3-only game COMBINED with Vita game :P

I have to start over from the beginning unfortunately, but that's okay. What I didn't/maybe still don't get was HOW to properly craft the equipment. I went through a lot of dead-ends, and there isn't a step-by-step guide for the PLUS version. I remember it getting frustrating for me, so I can imagine it taking more than a week.

Just now, Edunstar84 said:

I have to start over from the beginning unfortunately, but that's okay. What I didn't/maybe still don't get was HOW to properly craft the equipment. I went through a lot of dead-ends, and there isn't a step-by-step guide for the PLUS version. I remember it getting frustrating for me, so I can imagine it taking more than a week.

Oh, you have to start from the start, I see, that would definitely take more than week.

Then... Dokuro =D

38 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Don't feel bad - I was very confused with the alchemy system as well in Atelier Ayesha. It didn't help the gear effects had weird names like "Red Power" that didn't indicate what they do.

Without proper gear and consumable items some of the bosses seemed pretty impossible. I remember I found some kind of "ultimate equipment guide", which helped me a bit, but then I moved on to other games.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Don't feel bad - I was very confused with the alchemy system as well in Atelier Ayesha. It didn't help the gear effects had weird names like "Red Power" that didn't indicate what they do.

Without proper gear and consumable items some of the bosses seemed pretty impossible. I remember I found some kind of "ultimate equipment guide", which helped me a bit, but then I moved on to other games.

I'm hoping there will be a better guide when I pull up my big girl pants and plat the game.

9 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

My first progress. Ray Gigant is pretty much finished, just need to beat crap of that guy, leaving Kyle's last command open which can be unlocked anytime as the pop-up.

overall thoughts about Ray Gigant? would recommend? xD

off topic.. oooh.. I see you also started that game xD

1 hour ago, Eyjabria said:

It didn't help the gear effects had weird names like "Red Power"

Red Power, obviously fire :awesome: 

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'm hoping there will be a better guide when I pull up my big girl pants and plat the game.

Better than what the current guide has?

55 minutes ago, JaM said:

overall thoughts about Ray Gigant? would recommend? xD

Dunno... =D I mean... it's incredibly random =D Sometimes I quite like it, sometimes it's incredibly boring, lol xD

And as usual, you can quickly become OP xD

I would say it's a quickie for one week at most =D 

So... yea, it's worth playing but don't expect that much =D

55 minutes ago, JaM said:

off topic.. oooh.. I see you also started that game xD

Sure I did :awesome: 

Uchi-sama's doing god's work once again =D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dlomas2k8 said:

Count me in!

Lemmingss Touch

Virtua Tennis 4

Will attempt to add others as well but not sure which ones to work on just yet.

Welcome to the event and good luck with both games. =) 

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, Persona 4: Golden is now ready to pop. That's 4 of 5, with the biggest roadblocks covered.

Congrats on getting Persona 4 ready to pop. :)

• Like 1

I just got Amnesia: Memories ready to pop. I ended up leaving Congratulations! as my last trophy, so it should be really simple to pop the plat.

I must say that I had more fun with this title than I would have thought. It's nothing too special but some of the characters were quite interesting and the whole amnesia plot made the game pretty interesting. I ended up skipping Ikki's route though, because I just don't like that guy and got pretty fed up with the game at that point, having played through 3 other stories beforehand.

What annoyed me about the game was the time that getting all of the endings took. I probably spent more than 6 hours just skipping text T.T.

It seems like Code:Realize will have less skipping, so I'm looking forward to that. :)

Anyways, my updated list should look like this now.

32. xFalionx

Hide contents

Western Birthday:
- Color Guardians *ready to pop*
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered *ready to pop*
- Frobisher Says! *ready to pop*
- Letter Quest Remastered *ready to pop*
- Persona 4 Golden *ready to pop*
- Pumped BMX+ *ready to pop*

- Amnesia: Memories *ready to pop*

- Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~

Probably:

- PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

- Ratchet and Clank 2

I just realized that I'll probably spend half of the 22nd organizing game files... The one and only downside of the Vita. <_<

• Like 1

Okay, Mutant Blobs Attack is ready to pop, I only need to get a gold medal on Level 1. I figured it was best to save the first (and theoretically easiest) level for the event day. 

I may still try to get Soul Sacrifice if I can find someone to help me with the last few pacts, but I feel kind of weird to do online (especially where I'm counting on a more experienced player to help me through) for an event like this. 

I'm also adding Kung Fu Rabbit to my list. I went through all my installed games last night to look for short ones to complete, and after playing the game some this morning, it seems like one I can definitely finish in time. I'll probably try to do one final game to have a total of 5 (one for each year), but I haven't decided yet. It will almost certainly be another 100% game, not a Platinum game. The only Platinum I am close to getting besides Soul Sacrifice is Frozen Synapse Prime, and I suck at the game so I probably can't finish the last set of campaign levels in time. 

So for now, here is my semi-final list: 

Superdimension Neptune vs SEGA Hard Girls (Platinum)

Severed (Platinum)

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (100%)

Kung Fu Rabbit (100%)

Undecided 5th game

• Like 1

@ladynadiad @NebbyLunala Thanks, both of you. This will come in handy when playing the games. So far, Root Letter is progressing smoothly. I should get my first ending today. As for the quality of the game... I have mixed feelings about it. The music and the art are good, they do a good job at portraying an idyllic, small, Japanese town.

I'm having a hard time liking the main character. Also, I can't really relate to him wanting to find her now of all times.

Spoiler

First of all, why did he wait 15 years to look for his penpal? Can't be that important if he waited that long. Second, the way he does that is basically being an annoying dick to just about everyone until they tell him what he wants to know. He provokes them all the time, digs up their past like a first class stalker and behaves in a way that's really close to being illegal or flat out illegal in some cases.

Not sure why people call it one of the best VNs, maybe chapter 9 and 10 in the various routes makes up for the rest of the game. A grand finale could greatly improve my opinion about the game.

I should probably point out that I don't hate the game, it just failed to live up to my expectations so far.

Edited by viech54

6 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Good thing I ditched my PS3. xD

Anyways, sorry you're dropping out the event, but if you have a huge PS3 backlog, then you're totally justified in it. Probably gonna trade in my Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention and Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited and leave it for later because those game require a ton of grinding to get strong guys to defeat the former DLC stories. (I did complete all the story stuff in Disgaea 3 but those attack modes, man...)

8 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Just showing we have VERY few localized VNs? =D

No idea, it's not exactly my favorite genre, I'm not well-versed in it. I thoroughly enjoyed some VNs and didn't like others. Overall, I prefer games where I have to do more than read text and make decisions.

12 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I
FUCKING
LOVE
THIS
GUY

Seriously, become a girl :awesome:

Madoka, huh... I heard it has a quality guide, I do hope you used it :awesome::awesome::awesome:

I wouldn't have even been able to read the trophies without your guide, lol. There's a lot of stuff I would have never figured out too, like S ranking extra missions to unlock more of them. Overall though, the trophies were pretty easy.

8 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

From where are you ordering? Personally I prefer to order from Amazon Japan by now (for all non-figurines) as it only takes 2 to 3 days until a package arrives. :D

CD Japan. I probably would have went with Amazon, but I had 700 points on CD Japan that were going to expire at the end of the month.