New Year's Contest 2017 - Winners Announced + Feedback Requested

Only 21 days and 26 minutes (at the moment of posting) remaining.

On 13-1-2017 at 8:21 PM, azlanslayer said:

Hmm, how about a rough estimation then? or an updated list of plats popped? :D

Sure, I can do that.

3 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I am promising myself that I will not get zero points in this challenge.

I'm personally aiming somewhere around mid-table to be happy with this competition.

I'll hold you to it :devil: .

Edited by Dragon-Archon

34 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm personally aiming somewhere around mid-table to be happy with this competition.

Same here! We can do it! :highfive:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I am promising myself that I will not get zero trophies during this challenge. Still having a hard time with that at the moment :P

• Like 1

Here's a little update on what I have so far:

1. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven - 84.53 points
  2. Stories: The Path of Destinies - 83.66 points
  3. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum - 180.06 points
  4. Tales From The Borderlands - 49.31 points

Total - 397.56 points

I hope to get one more (countable) platinum before the contest ends.

8 minutes ago, Rach said:

Also hoping not to get 0 points but that all depends on my ability to complete Kingdom Hearts in the next 20 or so days **cracks knuckles**

Good luck with that. I've been working on the Kingdom Hearts plat off and on for a couple of months now and I still have 30 hours of grinding left :(.

I'll probably end up getting zero points because I'm trying to clear up some games that I started a while ago (Kingdom Hearts). Although I may end up getting the plat for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture later on in the month :).

6 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

In the last 2 weeks I have gotten 5 plats, in order:

1. Titan Souls - 97,42
  2. Apotheon - 93,28
  3. Olliolli 2 - 99,32
  4. Flame Over PSV - 97,45
  5. Flame over PS4 - 198,38

Total - 585,85 points

Planning on getting Superbeat Xonic next, hopefully I can get it during the event.

Holy crap, that's impressive :o . How is Flame Over? I've been considering playing it.

9 minutes ago, Rach said:

Also hoping not to get 0 points but that all depends on my ability to complete Kingdom Hearts in the next 20 or so days **cracks knuckles**

It's doable, just combine the speedrun + Beginner mode + unchanging armor + undefeated. I really don't recommend doing Unchanging Armor on a higher difficulty. Also the synthesis is a chore now due to the new Heartless. Best be mentally prepared for that.

1 minute ago, Kent10201 said:

Good luck with that. I've been working on the Kingdom Hearts plat off and on for a couple of months now and I still have 30 hours of grinding left :(.

I'll probably end up getting zero points because I'm trying to clear up some games that I started a while ago (Kingdom Hearts). Although I may end up getting the plat for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture later on in the month :).

Getting 0 points isn't allowed, because that would make me very sad :P .

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It's doable, just combine the speedrun + Beginner mode + unchanging armor + undefeated. I really don't recommend doing Unchanging Armor on a higher difficulty. Also the synthesis is a chore now due to the new Heartless. Best be mentally prepared for that.

Getting 0 points isn't allowed, because that would make me very sad :P .

@Rach Do exactly what Dragon said. It's by far the quickest way to get the platinum. I'm still not mentally prepared for the synthesis grind. 

Ok fine. I'll make sure to plat at least one more game this month so that it counts for this event xD. But which RPG should I choose. Decisions, decisions...:hmm:

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm on my beginner run at the moment and combining those :)  Just finished up Monstro.

Been waiting to get a day free where I could sink a few hours in and I think today might be that day :D

1 hour ago, Rach said:

I'm on my beginner run at the moment and combining those :)  Just finished up Monstro.

Been waiting to get a day free where I could sink a few hours in and I think today might be that day :D

Nice :D . Also when going for the gummi missions, place Monstro between Agrabah and Halloween Town. You can only do that once after leaving Agrabah for the first time. If you went to Atlantica and entered Monstro, don't bother doing the missions until a new playthrough. IIRC Atlantica mission 2 requires you to go from Deep Jungle to Atlantica with some special requirement (I believe it's not collecting a single gummi block and hp/power/special orb) and getting eaten by Monstro 95% of the time will make you rage quit.

9 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

Will probably not get anymore games finished now. Just been given a huge college assignment so my game time is at an all time low :<

If you're doing another one of these afterwards I hope to be able to join in again.

Damn that sucks, good luck with the assignment.

42 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice :D . Also when going for the gummi missions, place Monstro between Agrabah and Halloween Town. You can only do that once after leaving Agrabah for the first time. If you went to Atlantica and entered Monstro, don't bother doing the missions until a new playthrough. IIRC Atlantica mission 2 requires you to go from Deep Jungle to Atlantica with some special requirement (I believe it's not collecting a single gummi block and hp/power/special orb) and getting eaten by Monstro 95% of the time will make you rage quit.

I have been following BlindMango's guide, so managed to get the placement correct :)  

Hopefully going to try and do all of the KH games after this one, 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

How is Flame Over? I've been considering playing it.

It is frustration, but fun. The game has 2 versions so if you plan on playing any of them go with the ps4. It is of a later build and has bug fixes, rebalancing and a tutorial. Most consider it harder because the trophies aren't broken, but trust me, it has a lot less RNG that can kill a run just because of the layout.

I started it on the vita so keep in mind that I didn't have a tutorial so I was a bit clueless on how to deal with a lot of fires. It takes about 5 hours to learn all of the stuff and finish a run. The last couple trophies are heavily RNG depended so that can take anywhere from 1 to 10 hours if you play prefect. I find the guides to overrate this game a bit, it takes about 15-20 hours to plat and rate it a 3-4. I am not complaining, it just gave me a free 99,19 points during this event.

1 hour ago, Rach said:

I have been following BlindMango's guide, so managed to get the placement correct :)  

Hopefully going to try and do all of the KH games after this one, 

Ok, good luck :D . I only need KH Birth by Sleep.

2 minutes ago, Danny_Johansen said:

It is frustration, but fun. The game has 2 versions so if you plan on playing any of them go with the ps4. It is of a later build and has bug fixes, rebalancing and a tutorial. Most consider it harder because the trophies aren't broken, but trust me, it has a lot less RNG that can kill a run just because of the layout.

I started it on the vita so keep in mind that I didn't have a tutorial so I was a bit clueless on how to deal with a lot of fires. It takes about 5 hours to learn all of the stuff and finish a run. The last couple trophies are heavily RNG depended so that can take anywhere from 1 to 10 hours if you play prefect. I find the guides to overrate this game a bit, it takes about 15-20 hours to plat and rate it a 3-4. I am not complaining, it just gave me a free 99,19 points during this event.

Sadly, I don't have a PS4 yet. Still on the fence about playing the Vita version.

10 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ok, good luck :D . I only need KH Birth by Sleep.

Sadly, I don't have a PS4 yet. Still on the fence about playing the Vita version.

Vita version was good fun and a reasonably challenging plat but as @Danny_Johansen stated there's a tonne of RnG for a couple of those trophies, which provided a lot of the challenge. I'm surprised that the ps4 version is so much longer in the guides, I'm not sure why that is? I remember something about some trophies being glitched in a good way on vita so you only had to do them in the final zone I think? But there's no way the ps4 version would take 3 times as long lol. 

32 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

Vita version was good fun and a reasonably challenging plat but as @Danny_Johansen stated there's a tonne of RnG for a couple of those trophies, which provided a lot of the challenge. I'm surprised that the ps4 version is so much longer in the guides, I'm not sure why that is? I remember something about some trophies being glitched in a good way on vita so you only had to do them in the final zone I think? But there's no way the ps4 version would take 3 times as long lol. 

Ugh, RNG :facepalm: . Well, as long as the game is fun .... wait a minute *instantly becomes suspicious * I remember you saying OlliOlli 2 was good fun, that game made me

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor anime gif face against wall  at times. :P 

• Like 1

An update:

Sword Art Online: Lost Song - 169.06
Atelier Sophie - 76.51
Devil May Cry - 92.83
Titan Souls - 97.42
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - 83.37

Current Score: 519.73

Probably going to focus on Trails of Cold Steel II now.

Edited by Warpedsavior
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Warpedsavior said:

An update:

Sword Art Online: Lost Song - 169.06
Atelier Sophie - 76.51
Devil May Cry - 92.83
Titan Souls - 97.42
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - 83.37

Current Score: 519.73

Probably going to focus on Trails of Cold Steel II now.

Nicely done :yay: .

3 hours ago, mapachiniartaud said:

Oh, I wish I have seen this before. But I guess the limit to enter the contest was December 31, 2016 right?

Yeah, you could only sign up until December 31st.

3 hours ago, Ken Kaneki said:

Doragon-chan... Did my Gravity Rush count here? It really is hard to keep up with gaming when this Winter season has too many great shows to watch :P 

Sadly it does not Ken-chan. You unlocked more than 5% of the trophies before the contest started. Congrats on getting 100% in that game though, that Inferno Health race :| .

My update so far (1/27):

Far Cry Primal = 66.14 points

Lego Harry Potter Collection: Years 5-7 = 58.91 points

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 = 65.44 points

Life Is Strange = 57.83 points

Total: 248.32 points.

Sadly, my My Name Is Mayo plat doesn't count for this, though it wouldn't have helped much cuz it would've added 2.2 points :lol:

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nicely done :yay: .

Yeah, you could only sign up until December 31st.

Sadly it does not Ken-chan. You unlocked more than 5% of the trophies before the contest started. Congrats on getting 100% in that game though, that Inferno Health race :| .

Sōdesu ka.... Well I got some other games on hand. That I'll play lol. Extella is out next week so I'll use that then. 

Yeah that Inferno Health Race was a pain. The game is easy is just those controls xD