C3 Community - Winner Andrea9281

1 hour ago, cjshaitan said:

Hey all, 

Has anyone played FInal Fantasy XIII ( or the variations XIII-2)' Final Fantasy X HD Remaster or Kingdom Hearts. Any thoughts, advice or whether it is worth the time investment would be great.

I've played FF XIII, I really enjoyed it. It's not as good as XV but still worth it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cjshaitan said:

Hey all, 

Has anyone played FInal Fantasy XIII ( or the variations XIII-2)' Final Fantasy X HD Remaster or Kingdom Hearts. Any thoughts, advice or whether it is worth the time investment would be great.

I highly recommend you play Kingdom Hearts. They're amazing but probably not suited towards your play style (100 hours of grinding) :awesome:.

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I highly recommend you play Kingdom Hearts. They're amazing but probably not suited towards your play style (100 hours of grinding) :awesome:.

It does look great, I am going to pick up the remix (remaster right ? ) of 1.5/2.5 for PS4 when it comes out towards end of March. It sounds like that will include most of the games released earlier I think. I am not familiar with the gameplay is it similar to Skylanders without the figures ? (obviously much longer ?) 

As for my play style I have almost achieved everything I wanted too, or will do probably by November and then I'm off in a new direction ?

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

It does look great, I am going to pick up the remix (remaster right ? ) of 1.5/2.5 for PS4 when it comes out towards end of March, As for my play style I have almost achieved everything I wanted too, or will do within the next few months and then I'm off in a new direction ?

They're actually remasters of remasters xD.

Ok, that's cool. You can only play shitty games for so long. Good luck with the KH games when you get them. I promise (at least I hope) you'll enjoy them. 

1 hour ago, MattyH16 said:

I've played FF XIII, I really enjoyed it. It's not as good as XV but still worth it.

It is back to turn base, grindy, don't sell anything, 100 percent everything type of JRPG right. Will probably go hand in hand with Star Ocean, although probably more enjoyable ?

10 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Ok, that's cool. You can only play shitty games for so long.

Lol, guess I am just lucky I like crap then

Edited by cjshaitan

2 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Cool you are most welcome 

Sounds good to me. Can't wait to participate next year :D.

By the way i never answered your question about the games genre. The gameplay is extremely similar to Final Fantasy XV although not as complex. If you've been enjoying Final Fantasy XV you'll definitely enjoy the KH games.

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Sounds good to me. Can't wait to participate next year :D.

By the way i never answered your question about the games genre. The gameplay is extremely similar to Final Fantasy XV although not as complex. If you've been enjoying Final Fantasy XV you'll definitely enjoy the KH games.

Ok now I am totally sold, can't wait ?

6 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Hey all, 

well I played the original release of ff x back in the day and i loved it...and kingdom hearts was pretty good too but couldnt get into it too much with all the disney characters. if theyre worth time investment is a silly question tbh lol, if you like final fantasy give X a go, if you like disney characters try out kingdom hearts. I wouldn't stray away from a game I would really enjoy playing just because it may take 150 hrs to beat or somethin :P (not that these take that long)

Edit: on a side note the division season pass is FINALLY on sale. still a bit pricey imo but better than nth lol, guess I'll have to pick that up.  Also CJ I gotta say I miss those weekly/monthly wrap ups of yours; I know it would be harder now with more competitors but...one can dream ?

Edited by TwitchReflex
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

It is back to turn base, grindy, don't sell anything, 100 percent everything type of JRPG right. Will probably go hand in hand with Star Ocean, although probably more enjoyable ?

Yes it is exactly like that.

Edited by MattyH16
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2017 at 4:04 AM, cjshaitan said:

Late reply: I've played FFX and FFX-2, Kindgom Hearts 1 and FFXIII. Still slowly working through FFXIII, gathering money. At like 30% trophies in FFXIII after about 45hrs.

To me, FFX and X-2 were good games, I just suck at the mini games in X. In X-2, I missed 0.5% for the 100% complete trophy and couldn't be bothered to replay it for it. 

Believe X took about 100hrs or so to complete it to have nothing but mini games left. Cannot remember what X-2 took.

In KH, I think I got all the trophies but gummi missions (again, suck at those/lazy) and the proud mode. They're all good games, specially X. It looks amazing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daemynz said:

Late reply: I've played FFX and FFX-2, Kindgom Hearts 1 and FFXIII. Still slowly working through FFXIII, gathering money. At like 30% trophies in FFXIII after about 45hrs.

To me, FFX and X-2 were good games, I just suck at the mini games in X. In X-2, I missed 0.5% for the 100% complete trophy and couldn't be bothered to replay it for it. 

Believe X took about 100hrs or so to complete it to have nothing but mini games left. Cannot remember what X-2 took.

In KH, I think I got all the trophies but gummi missions (again, suck at those/lazy) and the proud mode. They're all good games, specially X. It looks amazing. 

Thanks man, I hear X is a bit better than X-2. A few people have warned me the mini games will get you raging :)

How are you finding World of Final Fantasy ?

Edited by cjshaitan

I can attest that Kingdom Hearts games are great. However, I have also tried Final Fantasy XIII and found it extremely boring - I couldn't keep playing after Episode 4 because it was boring. You are basically railed into a linear path for most of the game. I tried to play XIII-2 but the game crashed on the loading screen. Anyways, I got rid of my PS3 so I can't play Lightning Return, nor would I care to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

I can attest that Kingdom Hearts games are great. However, I have also tried Final Fantasy XIII and found it extremely boring - I couldn't keep playing after Episode 4 because it was boring. You are basically railed into a linear path for most of the game. I tried to play XIII-2 but the game crashed on the loading screen. Anyways, I got rid of my PS3 so I can't play Lightning Return, nor would I care to.

Thanks for commenting, alot of people have mentioned they enjoyed Kingdom Hearts so I am very interested in the remix / collection when it comes out next month. I will give FFXIII a go soon as I finish XV, been some mixed opinions so will just go in and see what happens

6 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Thanks man, I hear X is a bit better than X-2. A few people have warned me the mini games will get you raging :)

How are you finding World of Final Fantasy ?

Ha, X-2 is interesting. My girlfriend loves it. It's very girly, can't really think of a different word. I still enjoyed it though.

World of Final Fantasy is nice. Story is easy for a FF game, however the end game difficulty jumps dramatically. That or I'm just not playing the game right since I'm basically using the same stacks as the beginning of the game. Haven't had any luck beating one of the last dungeons (Ex Dungeon B, I believe).

1 minute ago, NebbyLunala said:

I can understand the FFXIII thing, I was so confused until I got to like Chapter 15, you unlock a non-linear place in Chapter 11, i think. However, I preferred the linear path, to each his own. 

I remember always getting lost in the Alice and Wonderland in Kingdom Hearts on PS2 when I was younger. Like not knowing what to do or where to go. It even happened when I played the remaster on PS3 a year or 2 ago.

I kinda remember playing a KH game. It was the game i got with my PS2. At that time i had no idea what i was doing or how to get further in the game. And because of that i found it really boring. But i was like 6 at that time so that might be the reason :P I did buy the HD version for the PS3 but haven't played it yet. I believe this is the same game i had with the PS2. Maybe i will enjoy it now lol.

23 minutes ago, Andrea said:

Gah I really need to start RE7 (or any of the newer games I have, for that matter) but I can't seem to put down the excellent Story of Qualifying/Story of the Finals modes in Fifa World Cup 2014...just the kind of bite sized, intense gameplay I love, with a nice mix of teams and scenarios. It's a lot like the moments mode in Madden NFL 11, which was my fave part of getting that platinum.

Oh well, one more night of FIFA can't hurt...

Trust me. It's never just "one more night." :giggle:

• Like 1

Finally started Resident Evil 7. I'm really liking it as a game, though I'm absolutely baffled at people who are scared by it (VR aside, I could see where that's a different story.) I did all the usual things you are supposed to do to be properly spooked by something, played alone, without lights, at night, sound up. However, I've found most of the scares to be pretty predictable, the villains are more campy fun than actually scary (seriously, that scene in the garage struck me as being some Evil Dead outtakes or something - truly surreal) and the design for the horde enemies is incredibly unimaginative.

That being said, the environmental design is top notch, I'm enjoying the first-person perspective, the guns are very responsive and fun to use, and the trophy list seems painless. It's certainly an above average game, and I'm very much looking forward to more tomorrow :) Will probably start something else in the morning/afternoon and leave RE7 to the night again. 

As for FIFA, we've started working on my third online world cup win, hoping to do about 1 a week for the rest of feb with the platinum in sights for march. I'm down to the final 13 of ~110 challenges, but some of the remaining ones are really tough. The one I'm currently pulling my hair out over, and probably the hardest remaining overall, tasks you with scoring 5 goals in 13 minutes vs San Marino as the English B-team. No Rooney, Sturridge, Sterling, Gerrard etc just Welbeck and a bunch of substitutes. A true nightmare. I am pretty decent at FIFA now, and can relatively routinely get the ball past the keeper, but you need to score a bit under once every two minutes and that is damn hard when the other team just wants to hold the ball.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Andrea said:

The one I'm currently pulling my hair out over, and probably the hardest remaining overall, tasks you with scoring 5 goals in 13 minutes vs San Marino as the English B-team. No Rooney, Sturridge, Sterling, Gerrard etc just Welbeck and a bunch of substitutes. A true nightmare. I am pretty decent at FIFA now, and can relatively routinely get the ball past the keeper, but you need to score a bit under once every two minutes and that is damn hard when the other team just wants to hold the ball.

Interesting, probably your best course of action is to just solely play FIFA for the next month (maybe 2) to really feel at one with the game. ......... yes 2 months should be perfect ?

5 hours ago, Andrea said:

Finally started Resident Evil 7. I'm really liking it as a game, though I'm absolutely baffled at people who are scared by it (VR aside, I could see where that's a different story.) I did all the usual things you are supposed to do to be properly spooked by something, played alone, without lights, at night, sound up. However, I've found most of the scares to be pretty predictable, the villains are more campy fun than actually scary (seriously, that scene in the garage struck me as being some Evil Dead outtakes or something - truly surreal) and the design for the horde enemies is incredibly unimaginative.

That being said, the environmental design is top notch, I'm enjoying the first-person perspective, the guns are very responsive and fun to use, and the trophy list seems painless. It's certainly an above average game, and I'm very much looking forward to more tomorrow :) Will probably start something else in the morning/afternoon and leave RE7 to the night again. 

As for FIFA, we've started working on my third online world cup win, hoping to do about 1 a week for the rest of feb with the platinum in sights for march. I'm down to the final 13 of ~110 challenges, but some of the remaining ones are really tough. The one I'm currently pulling my hair out over, and probably the hardest remaining overall, tasks you with scoring 5 goals in 13 minutes vs San Marino as the English B-team. No Rooney, Sturridge, Sterling, Gerrard etc just Welbeck and a bunch of substitutes. A true nightmare. I am pretty decent at FIFA now, and can relatively routinely get the ball past the keeper, but you need to score a bit under once every two minutes and that is damn hard when the other team just wants to hold the ball.

Keyword used here folks. We've. Wondered how someone was on all the time. Now we know. Andrea has picked up Saltyie's Asian family.

Try playing re7 with a headset on and mentally tell yourself something bad will happen. If you just robot through the game, of course it won't be scary. Have you played outlast? Thoughts on that? How about evil within first like 30 mins?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Couch said:

Keyword used here folks. We've. Wondered how someone was on all the time. Now we know. Andrea has picked up Saltyie's Asian family.

Try playing re7 with a headset on and mentally tell yourself something bad will happen. If you just robot through the game, of course it won't be scary. Have you played outlast? Thoughts on that? How about evil within first like 30 mins?

I haven't played outlast, but I did play SOMA and I thought it was relatively scarier. If you've not played it there is a part where you walk across the ocean floor that is absolutely wonderful. Evil Within was a bit scarier than this yeah, I think that's down largely to the enemy design. Rather than stupid looking goo monsters that aren't scary at all you had sort of a twist on zombies, plus the pretty intense scenes with Laura and Ruvik. I guess the boss fights are part of that too. The garage fight where you just get in a car and run the guy over 40 times (while he glitches through the walls and furniture) is good fun, but not even a tiny bit scary. Then he jumps on the car and it's like, ok, but I can't control my character so I guess this is scripted one way or the other.

I guess my big thing with Resident Evil is it telegraphs the scares. You walk down the basement steps when Mia is about to attack you and your character slows down - spooks incoming. You move through the crawlspace and all the candles extinguish - some shit is gonna pop out. The LAUGHABLE scene when the cop dies and his head gets sliced in two and one half falls on the shovel...I just don't get it lol. It feels like the beats are largely meant to be more comedic than scary.

You need two people to boost the online world cup :P You win the first three games on the account you want to win it, then swap to a third account and let your partner win 3 times, then back to your main account to beat his team once, so on and so forth. My partner has helped me do the first two with no desire to get the trophies on his own (what a guy!) I guess hypothetically I could do it on my own with 3 accounts and two PS3s, which I do not have, but we've been actually playing out the games (i have to score lots of own goals in the last 10 minutes when we are playing to let him win lol) and enjoying it rather than just treating it as a task. It has been 80-90% of our bonding time for the last month.

Edited by Andrea
  • Like 1

I love the horror genre, particularly psychological horror. I haven't played enough of RE7 yet to know how it plays out but what I have enjoyed so far is the understatedness of it. There are many times in the first 2 hours my sheer anticipation/anxiety of something happening outweighs any actuality. 

I have no doubt that horror will be the primary / best use for VR in games. How VR intensifies the experience over the normal TV experience is through the engagement of your peripheral vision. No matter the quality of a game a TV will never be able to achieve this. It is this factor that provides for a realistic immersion. 

If you you haven't tried it you have to try and imagine an experience where you can't look away (short of closing your eyes), a 360 degree scope over 180 ( you are looking over your shoulder not having to turn the character whole body ) and a degree of immersion that after about 20-30 mins will start to feel quite real (predominately because you can't see anything else. Combine with noise cancelling headphones and this is probably the best way to experience horror in any form at present. 

Does the price of setup justify the experience ? Personally yes but for others it is a highly personal decision.  VR + PS4PRO (which is essential ) + high quality noise cancelling headphones runs to a steep entry point (AU$1500). Still nothing in comparison to buying a PC though. Still in my time playing consoles I have realised it is a very different subset of gamers so this would be seen as a massive investment and rightly so considering the console entry point is relatively cheap. I do believe RE7 will be the beginning of split in the PS4 gaming market much as is currently happening with the Pro. How developers move forward will be very interesting as will the adoption rate. Time will tell I guess.

CJ - 2365

Twitch - 2158

Andrea - 1831

MattyH - 1284

Clawz - 1235

Jem - 1211

Matt - 1171

Spazza - 1106

Derelict - 1083

Couch - 1078

Ethan - 1071

Daemynz - 979